Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

I wonder if the dub will keep the JPN music since producing dub music this fast would be hard after the JPN airings. I'd be nice.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I wonder if the dub will keep the JPN music since producing dub music this fast would be hard after the JPN airings. I'd be nice.
    Isn't the reason why the dub doesn't keep the original music because of some rights issues? Why else would they make new tracks though. And I think the dub company receive the episodes in advance, so composing new music or use BW music won't be a problem.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Hope this is the right place to post this, I just watched the first episode dub version in the uk on ITV player, they didn't have a opening, for one and it was a great episode to start the new XY series, the only downside is that the second episode won't air over here in the UK till tomorrow
    KROOKODILE!!!

TPCI should keep all of the original Japanese music for the first few episode of XY, like they did for the first few episodes of BW.

Edit: What the.....? No Opening?! Aww, man.....
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 19th October 2013 at 3:08 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

All of the original music was kept and there was no dub added music in the dub. However I won't get my hopes up in case the same thing happens which did with the BW series were the first five episodes had original music, but starting from the six episode dub music started to appear with it.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

I wonder why no dub opening yet.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I wonder why no dub opening yet.
    It could be because its a sneak peek and the real series won't start till next year and they don't want to spoil anything just yet, it might be that the dubbers were rushed to dub the episodes so they could be shown early.
    KROOKODILE!!!

Ugh, Serena sounds too much like Iris. That should be the only complaint unless they make Clemont sounds like Cilan too. -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I think Ash won't go to Kalos right away and there'll be a time skip, thus his grown hair and all. Alexa would leave alone and meet Ash again when he arrives to Kalos.

@MasterJedi, Is it her VA or how Iris sounded in BW002?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    @MasterJedi, Is it her VA or how Iris sounded in BW002?
    I don't honestly know but if I had to guess I would say they have the same VA. (Could be wrong on that though) I'll be hopeful and say it's also a new role and the voices will differentiate themselves more over time.

Edit: Can't complain about Clemont or Bonnie's voices so we're all good now, just need Serena's voice to differentiate itself from Iris.
    Last edited by MasterJedi; 19th October 2013 at 8:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I think Ash won't go to Kalos right away and there'll be a time skip, thus his grown hair and all. Alexa would leave alone and meet Ash again when he arrives to Kalos.

In the English Dub Ash is Depicted as a 'Young Man' instead of a 10 year old and he complains about Wanting to win the Pokemon League this time around ^_^ Idk, but my Fanboyness is running wild atm xD

Really happy with the fact that they left the music so far. It's beautiful. I really hope they don't change it later on. I was never aware with rights issues and whatnot, but if that is the case then it may change. I hope it doesn't, but if it does then we'll just accept it and move on.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

@MasterJedi, well Eileen Stevens is who voiced Iris, so it's either a new face to the dub or someone else.

Is it officially airing in Canada in some channel?
    YTV seems to have the show, but it is the BW gen, at 12PM.

omg bunnelby sounds just like Buneary did^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    omg bunnelby sounds just like Buneary did^^;
    Isn't bunnelby male?

It's so nice to see Wobbuffet again.
    +Beauty & Power Behind Every Corner+

Spoiler:- :

The dub voices and the dialogue is going to take some getting used to, but it' still pretty awesome so far
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I thought this episode was good. It's a good start to the XY saga. Though I was expecting Ash & Pikachu to pwned Clemont & Bunnelby easily.

This was a great start to XY! Very exciting and I couldn't stop watching! It was simple, but super effective. Ash has his fighting spirit as well as his skill back. Pikachu VS Bunnelby is how you should do a battle to showcase things. Ash and Clemont both did great!

Oh and Froakie man...he's so awesome. And just the emotion in the episode really got to me.

Only two complaints: Froakie's voice will take getting used to and why was there no theme song on CN? I hope it's just because of the preview...if there's seriously no theme song then CN has gotten even worse

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    This was a great start to XY! Very exciting and I couldn't stop watching! It was simple, but super effective. Ash has his fighting spirit as well as his skill back. Pikachu VS Bunnelby is how you should do a battle to showcase things. Ash and Clemont both did great!

Oh and Froakie man...he's so awesome. And just the emotion in the episode really got to me.

Only two complaints: Froakie's voice will take getting used to and why was there no theme song on CN? I hope it's just because of the preview...if there's seriously no theme song then CN has gotten even worse
    I think no theme just for the preview, there obviously is going to be a dub theme. They probably just haven't even made it yet.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

How was Froakie's English voice? I've not seen these eps in English. ._.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Ash's fanboying like that around Kalos worries me.

But besides that, the quality of nearly everything in the anime took it several notches up, not unlike how kid-friendly Unova looked. I noticed how the dub didn't override EVERY. SINGLE. SCENE with music (unless this was one of the previews' rules as there was no theme song). For once, it's sooooooo nice to see scenes without music. It's like I'm watching a movie and they let you appreciate everything these is.

I have to agree that Serena sounds a little too close like Iris sounds, not to mention she has Dawn's face on top of that. But we're taking things too slow with her for now until she finally meets up with her new shipping companion in Ash.

Overall, this was a very nice start! Clemont's fight at least made sense since he is a Gym Leader, and nobody has depowered Pikachu (I get the feeling that net was supposed to).

So Serena and Iris sound similar? Do they have the same voice actress or what?
    And I can't seem to find this episode online :/ Where did you guys seem them?

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Where did you guys seem them?
    The people with New York Time or closer to that time zone already watched the special on Cartoon Network.

Right now, everyone who lives in the west side of the US is starting to watch the Genesect movie for an hour and a half, which after that the XY special airs.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast