Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Forum Blacklist

Yeah, this is a well-known scammer who's been using many alts in the forum. The account is permanently banned.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Yeah, this is a well-known scammer who's been using many alts in the forum. The account is permanently banned.
    Ah good. Thank you. I sent a message actually to reddit seeing if they could blacklist him incase he decides to travel over there now as well.
    I'm Neriifur, and I'm friggen awesome.

- - Pokemon X Team - -

IGN: Neriifur FC: 1220 7186 9298 | SV 1033 |

Pokemon Breeder | Trainer | Artist.

My Shiny Pokemon Tumblr!

Username of Scammer : Rainy Bluefoxie
    In-Game Name : Rainy
    Friend Code : 1848-2512-2833
    What happened : tried to scamm me offering a lvl 100 flawless ditto for my 5iv shiny honedge, the ditto didnt have a single max stat, luckyly the trade didnt take place
    already reported the PMs but i post his FC here to avoid him scamming other ppl
    POKEMON Y 4871-3657-5235 ign akher07
    FT:
    timid HA abra 5IV(-ATK)
    adamant huge power marill 5IV(-SP.ATK)belly drum + aqua jet
    adamant HA venipede 5IV(-SP.ATK) spikes
    adamant HA fletching 5IV(-SP.ATK)
    timid Compound eyes/unnerve joltik 5IV(-ATK)
    brave/adamant honedge 5IV(-SPEED) or 5IV(-SP.ATK)
    timid gastly 5IV(-ATK)
    timid HA eevee 5IV(-ATK) wish(only males)
    modest HA goomy 5IV(-ATK)
    adamant HA scale dratini 5IV(-SP.ATK) dragon pulse + dragon dance
    adamant/jolly skill link shellder 5IV(-SP.ATK) icicle spear + rock blast
    adamant poison heal/technician shroomish 5IV(-SP.ATK)bullet seed
    jolly smeargle 5IV(-SP.ATK)
    relaxed ferroseed 5IV(-SP.ATK)leech seed + spikes + stealth rock

I will show the Ditto to any moderator on here to back up my claim that the ditto is perfect. You however lied about your honedge being perfect and you lied about the nature being adament.

I'll be looking into the above shortly.

Star-Lord

I know this is not good enough proof but I just thought this would help.

Akher07 has incheck thing as I asked him to check my sv and egg which he kindly did. so I do believe akher07 has no reason to lie, it is possible that the ditto could of been the wrong one which would of caused this whole thing.

Username of Scammer: Umbreon2112
    In-Game Name: Frank
    Friend Code: 1134-6965-6188
    What happened: Umbreon2112 scammed me in the following trade. I gave him:

Female Eevee (Run Away)
    31/31/x/31/31/31
    - Covet
    - Curse
    - Wish
    - Yawn

In exchange for his:

Ditto (either Imposter or Limber)
    x/x/31/31/31/31

When I recieved the Ditto, out of the six marking you can put onto Pokemon, the Square, Heart, Star, and Diamond was filled in, indicating that the Ditto had perfect Defense, Sp Attack, Sp Defense, and Speed. When I went to the IV judge, he said that Attack and Sp Defense couldn't be beat... I thought maybe he sent the wrong Ditto, but seeing as how the respective markings were already filled in beforehand, clearly he was trying to be sneaky, and make me believe it was actually a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs. He has Pokemon X, his friend code is 1134-6965-6188, and his in-game name is Frank. I reported our PM conversation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEons View Post
    Username of Scammer: Umbreon2112
    In-Game Name: Frank
    Friend Code: 1134-6965-6188
    What happened: Umbreon2112 scammed me in the following trade. I gave him:

Female Eevee (Run Away)
    31/31/x/31/31/31
    - Covet
    - Curse
    - Wish
    - Yawn

In exchange for his:

Ditto (either Imposter or Limber)
    x/x/31/31/31/31

When I recieved the Ditto, out of the six marking you can put onto Pokemon, the Square, Heart, Star, and Diamond was filled in, indicating that the Ditto had perfect Defense, Sp Attack, Sp Defense, and Speed. When I went to the IV judge, he said that Attack and Sp Defense couldn't be beat... I thought maybe he sent the wrong Ditto, but seeing as how the respective markings were already filled in beforehand, clearly he was trying to be sneaky, and make me believe it was actually a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs. He has Pokemon X, his friend code is 1134-6965-6188, and his in-game name is Frank. I reported our PM conversation as well.

I also like to add these as forgotteneons said they could not post them. Pms are also here to help.

Spoiler:- screenshot:

The guy posted he was looking for an eevee on the iv thread this is how the trade started and as you can see from the pms the trade took place.
    Last edited by Naoto Shirogane; 27th November 2013 at 10:37 PM.

User name: KeiLanRan
    IGN: Keith
    FC: 3866-8536-5637
    What happened: I was promised a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 shiny German Crawdaunt for my shiny NN Pangoro. I checked the Crawdaunt when I received him, I checked his IVs to discover none were maxed. I have attempted to message him on here asking to trade back as well as sending trade requests in game. All have been ignored.
    FC: 4871-4409-2621, IGN is Harker

Shinies FT (all perfect 5-6IVs and Kalos born unless marked, *has egg moves, feel free to pm for details):

*Bulbasaur (HP Fire), *Vulpix, *Arcanine, *Machop, *Cubone (TR set), *Eevee, *Tyrogue, Sceptile, *Aggron, *Flygon, *Feebas, *Absol, *Bagon, *Infernape, *Lucario, *Electivire, Gliscor, Porygon-Z, Rotom, *Sandile, *Scraggy, *Yamask, *Zoroark, Greninja, Talonflame, *Pyroar, Furfrou, *Meowstic, *Heliolisk (HP Ice), *Tyrantrum, *Goodra

I will request Umbreon2112 and KeiLanRan to be banned shortly.

Star-Lord

Username of Scammer: JadeX
    In-Game Name: Ruiyang
    Friend Code: 5472-7429-4603
    What happened: Offered a 5IV Staryu in return for a 5IV Ferroseed with egg moves. The Staryu turned out to only have 2 31's, and he has ignored my attempt at contacting him afterwards.

This is not a report but question. What is the point in reporting people if they are only going to be banned for 3 weeks?
    You can basically scam someone of a valuable pokemon, wait 3 weeks and do it again. Why not ban them for good? =/
    Your current system doesn't protect your members at all. Look at what smogon did with their shiny value list. People who scam others are permanently banned and put onto the list.

This way it protects their users from crossing ways with the scammers again. On here? Only a 3 week penalty. It basically makes it WORTH scamming people.

My suggestion: people who have been confirmed to scam others will have their friend code permanently listed in the blacklist here. Maybe you can make a google document where only admins/mods have access to edit it. If you're still not gonna do anything about this I'm just gonna go ahead and assume this site doesn't care much for its members getting scammed =I
    Last edited by Tias; 2nd December 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Username of Scammer: Otamon
    In-Game Name: Cadence
    Friend Code: 0344 9621 3477
    What happened: this user was offering a 5IV Ditto for shinies. I offered my shiny Inkay but the Ditto she offered had 2 pefect IV and not 5. As soon as the trade was over I quickly checked the Ditto's IVs and sent her a PM right away, but she disappeared from the Internet (both 3DS and serebii forums). Later, this person ignored my PMs and has now blocked me. Also, Otamon continues to advertise her '5IV Ditto' in the IV Bred Trading Thread so eventually someone else will be scammed the way I was

PS: I kind of agree with Tias..

Screenshots of the user's post on the IV Bred Trading Thread and PMs:

Spoiler:- Screenshots:

Screenshots of IV checker:

Spoiler:- Screenshots:
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 2nd December 2013 at 12:34 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

I'll be looking into the others shortly but I want to respond to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tias View Post
    This is not a report but question. What is the point in reporting people if they are only going to be banned for 3 weeks?
    You can basically scam someone of a valuable pokemon, wait 3 weeks and do it again. Why not ban them for good? =/
    Your current system doesn't protect your members at all. Look at what smogon did with their shiny value list. People who scam others are permanently banned and put onto the list.

This way it protects their users from crossing ways with the scammers again. On here? Only a 3 week penalty. It basically makes it WORTH scamming people.

My suggestion: people who have been confirmed to scam others will have their friend code permanently listed in the blacklist here. Maybe you can make a google document where only admins/mods have access to edit it. If you're still not gonna do anything about this I'm just gonna go ahead and assume this site doesn't care much for its members getting scammed =I
    Well personally the rules were made before I got modded, so I can't offer much of an insight behind the creation of the system but I can certainly offer insight on how the system works right now.

I don't really care for the idea of permanently banning somebody because of a scam. The entire idea behind timed bans is that people have a downtime to learn their lessons. The theory behind it is that people will understand that they will get caught and that scamming isn't going to be tolerated here. In fact, I would say the system works right now considering that I haven't really experienced repeat offenders. There's only one person who's managed to scam people repeatedly (in my time here) and we've permabanned him and are continuing to permaban him as he makes alternate accounts. The assumption that we don't care about the safety behind scamming members is incredibly unfair especially since you don't see what goes on in the staff section and the measures that the trade staff goes to ensure that people don't get scammed and the like.

Although, your suggestion is already in place. We haven't removed the names from the blacklist as soon as they are added. I personally need to update the list (blame me being sick and having tons of schoolwork at the moment). I'm not really sure what you're asking us to do, because your suggestion is already in place and I'm not personally comfortable with making one single scam a permaban. Could you perhaps clarify? If you're deadset on it I could bring it up to the rest of the trade staff although I can't give you the confidence that it will go through.

Star-Lord

I will request Otamon and JadeX's bans shortly.
    the answer we're looking for won't be found easily,
    but we knew that when we took the first step.

Hi, I'll just further address the concerns you raised, Tias.

The 3 week ban is in place of a perma ban, because this forum is bigger than just trading and battling. I don't see much need to ban someone from the entire forum for scamming - what they did affects the trade/battling sections only, so really any further lingering effects ought to be specific to those sections, not the whole forum forever. And if someone is caught scamming again (which as said has rarely ever happened here), then a permaban is what will follow.

The banlist doesn't get wiped either - once someone gets on it, they will stay on it. In addition, we had a quick discussion and will put in a message in banlisted member's signatures which mentions this fact (which if removed by the member will just result in further bans or whatnot). That was in place in previous gen threads, I suppose it just got left out when the thread was remade is all.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Pokémon news, opinions, creative works and more. Now live!

NEW! Pokkén Tournament DX ReviewThe Numbers Game: Shiny and Perfect Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Hi, I'll just further address the concerns you raised, Tias.

The 3 week ban is in place of a perma ban, because this forum is bigger than just trading and battling. I don't see much need to ban someone from the entire forum for scamming - what they did affects the trade/battling sections only, so really any further lingering effects ought to be specific to those sections, not the whole forum forever. And if someone is caught scamming again (which as said has rarely ever happened here), then a permaban is what will follow.

The banlist doesn't get wiped either - once someone gets on it, they will stay on it. In addition, we had a quick discussion and will put in a message in banlisted member's signatures which mentions this fact (which if removed by the member will just result in further bans or whatnot). That was in place in previous gen threads, I suppose it just got left out when the thread was remade is all.
    Hey it's at least an improvment!
    This way less people will be scammed.

Username of Scammer: zRSx
    In-Game Name: Red
    Friend Code: 4313-0869-2143
    What happened (post the story of what happened here, including all evidence you may have):
    Ok, so a couple of weeks ago he offered me a 5IV smeargle, which I was looking for, so I accepted. After that he didn't respond until recently where he claimed he wanted two of my 5IV pokemon for two of his. He gave me three options, as shown in the PMs and I chose the two I wanted. He ended up giving me inferior pokemon (3IV shellder + 4IV larvesta) for the actual 5IV pokemon I provided. I can trade anyone these pokemon he gave me if they want to check for themselves.

Spoiler:- Pictures (Click on them for bigger size):
    ^Click for my full breeding list^
        Spoiler:- Art Credits:

I'm working on the ban, ayerrowdocta.

Name of Scammer: Sgt.Frog
    IGN: Ricky
    FC : 5112-4532-0955
    This person wanted to do a safari zone trade. I said it was ok, and then I him if he would like to trade with me, to evolve my Perfect IV'ed Phantump. After the trade he went straight offline and deleted me as a friend on 3DS and blocked me on The Fourms. All I have now is a Litwick! I worked really hard and put effort into breeding that Phantump, and I am now really annoyed. I would post the print screens but I unfortunately don't know how to. I can however provide the texts I received;

FROG>Thanks for the Safari Zone. Needed to find that one for ages!
    ME> No problem, hey can you do me a favour?
    FROG> Yeah sure what is it?
    ME>It's just that I need my Phantump to evolve into Treveant.
    FROG> But you can catch one of those in the wild. What's so special about this one?
    ME>I have IV breed it. To make it super strong, for competitive battles.
    FROG>COOL! yeah I'll help you with that.
    ME> see you in 15 mins, have to do something.
    FROG>ok

15 MINS LATER...

FROG> Your Phantump evolved.
    ME> yes! thank you.
    FROG> No no, thank you.
    ME> what?!

After that I have heard nothing from him and scammers like him should be banned and tought a lesson. Thank you
    FC: 2234-7376-4175
    Safari Zone: Fire; Growlithe, Pyroar, Braixien.

Pokémon Teams on rotation;

TEAM 1;
    TEAM 2;

Username: Rabbil
    Ingame name: Rabbil
    FC: 0018-1556-1140
    What happened: Said he was trading me a 5IV Modest Mewtwo... Gave me one with 3IVs and tok my shiny perfect Fletchling

Do you both have any screenshots or anything like that for evidence?

Username of Scammer: GerryOat
    In-Game Name: Dee
    Friend Code: 1676-5092-8757
    What happened:
    He told me to hatch an egg for him and as compensation, he would give me a 5 IV pokemon. I then received the egg from him and proceeded to hatch it. It came out as a Shiny Zorua and I could easily have scammed it, but I am a nice person and therefore I did not and I traded the shiny Zorua to him. Afterwards, he traded me a Scyther and when I checked, it was only 4 IV (with the IVs in wrong stats). I PM'd him and waited, but he has yet to respond after 4 days already.

EDIT to rep poster thingy: I'm saying I easily could have scammed him, but I am nice and did not. Then, he backstabs me by turning around and scamming me. He promised me a 5 IV pokemon for service and he ultimately gave a bad, 4 IV one. You're saying there's nothing I can report he took, but what about people who do EV training services? If someone EV trains something for someone in exchange for a 5 IV, and the person doesn't pay up, would that not be considered scamming? I provided him with a service (hatching his egg) and he did not pay up.
    Also, for saying he has not been online for 4 days, just go to his profile and you can see that he has been online. -.-

EDIT2 to rep poster thingy: I hatched the egg, and it was shiny. Essentially, I gave him a shiny pokemon. Furthermore, he promised a 5 IV. A promise is a promise.

EDIT3 to rep poster thingy: If it's a mistake, how come he has not responded yet? He has evidently been on (as shown on his profile. Last online date). Honestly though, are you kidding me? You are basically saying "It doesn't matter what was offered, all the time you spent hatching the egg was completely worthless. He promised a half decent Pokemon and instead gave you a complete crap one that you might as well release, but we don't care." Like come on. I just hate that I spent time helping a person get a shiny Zorua, then he's basically saying "thanks, but screw you." But whatever. Thanks rep poster person for giving me 4 negative reps.

EDIT4: Weee. The nice user, Rairyan said he'd give me a 5 IV Scyther. I'm still mad about GerryOats doing this though. But thank you very much Ryan. You're awesome.
    Last edited by petizh; 17th December 2013 at 4:53 AM.
    ~
    TSV: 2964
    FC: 5129-0680-2428
    IGN: Peter

Currently MMing: 5 IV Kangaskhan (152 and counting)
    Successful MMs: Female 5 IV Eevee (821 eggs)

Username nanamine
    Friend code 4725 - 8422 - 4433
    Ign bo

We agreed to trade his 5 iv phantump for a life orb. The phantump i received did not have 5 ivs. I contacted the person right away and it's been over a day and no response.
    My 3ds friend code 3969 4489 5620

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast