Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumiose City Pursuit! (805)

Default Lumiose City Pursuit! (805)

Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!

Having been injured in a battle against Team Rocket, Ash is rushing Froakie to the nearest Pokémon Center for healing, where he ends up meeting Professor Sycamore. However, it seems that Team Rocket's plans for the town are incomplete as a Garchomp starts to act strangely, destroying the town. Ash decides he must help to stop it. Will Ash be able to?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

As requested here, please make sure not to reply to this thread before the episode has even started airing.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

The episode starts off at Serena's house.

Serena is on her Mum's Rhyhorn and she is practicing riding it, with her mum and Fletchling watching.

Ash and co. continue to try and find a Pokemon Centre in Lumiose city.

Team Rocket are in a tree after the blast off and watch Ash and co. run. Wobbuffet comes out and the branches that hey are on break and then they fall to the ground.

Ash and co. run into Professor Sycamore's lab and one of his assistants takes Froakie and treats him.

As they wait, Ash and co. sit down and talks to Sycamore.

A Garchomp is watching Froakie being healed and Ash is happy to see a Garchomp.

Ash pats Garchomp's head and Bonnie also wants to pat his head, so Sycamore lifts her up and she pats Garchomp's head as well.

Ash then goes to see Froakie, who is still injured.

Ash and co. are at the Lab's garden and some Pokemon are frolicking there.

Sycamore then talks to Ash and co. about Mega Evolution.

Team Rocket are on the glass roof and are watching them as they talk.

Team Rocket disguise themselves and walk into the laboratory.

James puts something around Garchomp's neck, which makes Garchomp go crazy. Garchomp destroys some stuff in the lab with its HyperBeam.

Ash and co. then come to see what the problem is, before Team Rocket introduce themselves and take off their disguises.

Garchomp uses HyperBeam on them and then they blast off.

Garchomp crashes through the lab and make his way onto the street of Lumiose, still going crazy.

Dare Da? Froakie.

As the sun goes down, Garchomp flies through the sky and Officer Jenny and her partner are trying to chase it down in a police car.

Serena and her mom watch the news and hear about the raging Garchomp.

Ash, Pikachu, Froakie, Bonnie and Clemont find Garchomp at the Lumiose gym.

Clemont opens a door for them to go through and then Garchomp unleashes another HyperBeam at then as they do so.

Ash is now on a ledge of the building along with Froakie, Pikachu and Garchomp and Ash tries to calm him down.

Ash then climbs up the tower even further in order to follow and stop Garchomp.

It is now night time and Ash is still trying to calm Garchomp down, but Garchomp almost falls off the edge.

Froakie fires's some sticky white balls on Garchomps feat so that he does not fall.

Ash rushes towards Garchomp and holds him as Pikachu breaks the ring around his neck with Iron Tail.

Pikachu falls off the building and Ash jumps after in order to rescue Pikahcu.

Ash grabs Piakchu as they both fall, the mysterious Pokemon from the previous episode catches them and returns them safely to the ground.

The mysterious Pokemon jump on another roof alongside a Pokemon in a disguise similar to the Pokemon and then the Pokemon transforms back into a Blaziken.

Serena sees Ash on the TV and she recognises him.

Ash gets a Pokedex from Sycamore and sees Froakie waiting for him, so Ash decides to keep Froakie and Froakie accepts.

As Serena feeds Rhyhorn, she remembers Ash from when they were children.

To be continued.
    Last edited by playerking; 17th October 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

The episode aired, so it's okay to comment.

That man's hair is WHITE. He is definitely the AZ guy from the games.

About the episode......well I guess we saw everything that happened in it through the trailers. I can't say much here. But Team Rocket seem to be disappointing this time around. Just saying. I am not hatin' the show or anything!! A good episode but it felt like a flashy way to collect audience. I still enjoyed the episode though.

I liked Garchomp's character.

By the way, Team Rocket expected the neck thing to control Garchomp. They may not state it outright in the anime, but I have a feeling this is connected to Colress's control machine from Episode N

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post

That man's hair is WHITE. He is definitely the AZ guy from the games.
    Except he isn't because that's not his hair, it's a mask; he's not nine feet tall and is clearly shorter than his six feet tall Blaziken; and the fact that it wouldn't make any sense for it to be AZ.

I didn't care for Serena's little scene at the start of the episode; it was clearly just for laughs but it was like whatever for me. She didn't really get a big role in this episode but I'll let it slide since this was more about Ash anyway. I did like Professor Sycamore's lab though; it was a lot more dynamic than other labs that we've seen. I loved that Froakie recognized Team Rocket even though they were wearing disguises, but over all I was disappointed with them; I thought they were aiming for Garchomp the entire time, but apparently they wanted to capture Froakie? That was kind of lame imo. And the fact that they had no idea how to control Garchomp and then got blasted off seemed like such a waste of potential. I thought it was cute how Bonnie was scared of Garchomp when it went on a rampage and Clemont held her in a reassuring way. The scenes where the reporter was reporting what was going on was really nice; like I said before, I hope Ash become famous after all the trouble he went through to help Garchomp. The whole ending of Garchomp's rampage was a bit too DEM for me, but at least the animation was lovely. I'm glad that Ash got his Pokedex and set out after the Lumiose City ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Except he isn't because that's not his hair, it's a mask; he's not nine feet tall and is clearly shorter than his six feet tall Blaziken; and the fact that it wouldn't make any sense for it to be AZ.
    Oh, then his identity is still a mystery. But there's every chance they could retcon AZ's height for the anime. Why wouldn't it make sense to be AZ though? The news must be everywhere and he must have seen the Garchomp rampage through some television in some cafe or something. We don't know much about his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I didn't care for Serena's little scene at the start of the episode; it was clearly just for laughs but it was like whatever for me. She didn't really get a big role in this episode but I'll let it slide since this was more about Ash anyway. I did like Professor Sycamore's lab though; it was a lot more dynamic than other labs that we've seen. I loved that Froakie recognized Team Rocket even though they were wearing disguises, but over all I was disappointed with them; I thought they were aiming for Garchomp the entire time, but apparently they wanted to capture Froakie? That was kind of lame imo. And the fact that they had no idea how to control Garchomp and then got blasted off seemed like such a waste of potential. I thought it was cute how Bonnie was scared of Garchomp when it went on a rampage and Clemont held her in a reassuring way. The scenes where the reporter was reporting what was going on was really nice; like I said before, I hope Ash become famous after all the trouble he went through to help Garchomp. The whole ending of Garchomp's rampage was a bit too DEM for me, but at least the animation was lovely. I'm glad that Ash got his Pokedex and set out after the Lumiose City ordeal.

Watching Serena's part makes me think the writers watched a lot of romantic movies. They are trying to hype up the meeting between Ash and Serena. I am not saying whether it's a good thing or bad thing. I personally like it. Someone else might not.

Team Rocket wanted to capture Froakie because it was foiling their plan. It was something they decided on the spot. I think they might be having more of those control things but Garchomp started rampaging before they could do anything else.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 17th October 2013 at 1:07 PM.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    The episode starts off at Serena's house.

Serena is on her Mum's Rhyhorn and she is practicing riding it, with her mum and Fletchling watching.
    Serena, the Rhyhorn racer!

Ash and co. continue to try and find a Pokemon Centre in Lumiose city.

Team Rocket are in a tree after the blast off and watch Ash and co. run. Wobbuffet comes out and the branches that hey are on break and then they fall to the ground.

Ash and co. run into Professor Sycamore's lab and one of his assistants takes Froakie and treats him.

As they wait, Ash and co. sit down and talks to Sycamore.

A Garchomp is watching Froakie being healed and Ash is happy to see a Garchomp.

Ash pats Garchomp's head and Bonnie also wants to pat his head, so Sycamore lifts her up and she pats Garchomp's head as well.

Ash then goes to see Froakie, who is still injured.

Ash and co. are at the Lab's garden and some Pokemon are frolicking there.

Sycamore then talks to Ash and co. about Mega Evolution.

Team Rocket are on the glass roof and are watching them as they talk.

Team Rocket disguise themselves and walk into the laboratory.

James puts something around Garchomp's neck, which makes Garchomp go crazy. Garchomp destroys some stuff in the lab with its HyperBeam.

Ash and co. then come to see what the problem is, before Team Rocket introduce themselves and take off their disguises.

Garchomp uses HyperBeam on them and then they blast off.

Garchomp crashes through the lab and make his way onto the street of Lumiose, still going crazy.

Dare Da? Froakie.

As the sun goes down, Garchomp flies through the sky and Officer Jenny and her partner are trying to chase it down in a police car.

Serena and her mom watch the news and hear about the raging Garchomp.

Ash, Pikachu, Froakie, Bonnie and Clemont find Garchomp at the Lumiose gym.

Clemont opens a door for them to go through and then Garchomp unleashes another HyperBeam at then as they do so.

Ash is now on a ledge of the building along with Froakie, Pikachu and Garchomp and Ash tries to calm him down.

Ash then climbs up the tower even further in order to follow and stop Garchomp.

It is now night time and Ash is still trying to calm Garchomp down, but Garchomp almost falls off the edge.

Froakie fires's some sticky white balls on Garchomps feat so that he does not fall.

Ash rushes towards Garchomp and holds him as Pikachu breaks the ring around his neck with Iron Tail.

Pikachu falls off the building and Ash jumps after in order to rescue Pikahcu.

Ash grabs Piakchu as they both fall, the mysterious Pokemon from the previous episode catches them and returns them safely to the ground.

The mysterious Pokemon jump on another roof alongside a Pokemon in a disguise similar to the Pokemon and then the Pokemon transforms back into a Blaziken.

Serena sees Ash on the TV and she recognises him.

Ash gets a Pokedex from Sycamore and sees Froakie waiting for him, so Ash decides to keep Froakie and Froakie accepts.
    Wow, this seems like an epic episode! Garchomp going crazy and destroying everything.....Ash and his Pokémon bringing back Garchomp to it's senes......MegaBlaziken saving Ash.....Ash getting Froakie......wow! The second episode of XY turned out be waaaaay better than the second episode of BW(Which was a downright terrible episode).
    Good job as always, playerking.

As Serena feeds Rhyhorn, she remembers Ash from when they were children.

To be continued.
    Wait, what?? Serena remembered Ash......in THIS episode?! Whoa, I wasn't expecting that to happen in this episode!! I gotta watch this episode now.

Edit: Oh geez, they didn't show the whole childhood flashback scene in this episode, they only showed a very short scene of Serena remembering Ash. Oh well, I hope we get to see it in the next episode.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 20th October 2013 at 9:09 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

So I love that ash has already got froakie so early on, rather than have them dance about him wanting one and having to waste an episode on it. It was a pretty interesting and action packed episode and a cool opening to the saga, hopefully mega evolution is a reoccurring mystery throughout the saga and we get something else about it before the 10th episode.

did Ash actually put Froakie in a pokeball?

I know some people won't think it's his yet unless he did.

Yah, writers in this series aren't wasting time man, sheesh! Ash catching his first Pokemon in the second episode was pretty surprising, this is good though for him cuz now hey'll have two Pokemon to help him fight off Team Rocket, pretty smart on his part.

I hope Ash becomes famous this series too, that'd be pretty cool. What did in this entire episode really does remind you of the old AG / DP Ash, loving it

Ash / Serena it's like watching an an comedy / romance anime, this is getting real. Seems to me, our theory of Serena being Ash's child hood friend could in fact be true, she even remembers him right away

I think I loved this episode more than the first one, I think Ash is almost back to his AG / D P self.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Yah, writers in this series aren't wasting time man, sheesh! Ash catching his first Pokemon in the second episode was pretty surprising, this is good though for him cuz now hey'll have two Pokemon to help him fight off Team Rocket, pretty smart on his part.

I hope Ash becomes famous this series too, that'd be pretty cool. What did in this entire episode really does remind you of the old AG / DP Ash, loving it

Ash / Serena it's like watching an an comedy / romance anime, this is getting real. Seems to me, our theory of Serena being Ash's child hood friend could in fact be true, she even remembers him right away

I think I loved this episode more than the first one, I think Ash is almost back to his AG / D P self.
    The whole dumb AG and DP self thing(since such a thing doesn't exist), is kinda disproved when you guys says he acts like a kid(like he should) the first episode was probably the biggest example ever that he is a kid, he was like a 6 y with his mommy in the scenes with Alexa.

Ofc I'm fine with it since I'm not dumb enough to call a kid a "kid" and say he should be more mature but just sayin.

------

As for the episode it was good, didn't see a part since my video cut off at the end and it came back with Serena feeding the Rhyhorn but I saw most of it and enjoyed it.

Froakie seems to be a really cool cat from the first two episodes.

Sounds like a good episode, really happy to hear that Ash already has Froakie. After how cool Froakie was in the first episode, glad its already officially on Ash's team rather than just following him for a bit.

Based on the previews, I figured Serena would be watching the news at her house, with Ash falling off the tower near the end of the episode, but excited to hear she has already recognized him. Hope she catches up to Ash soon. Sounds like a great premiere for this generation, here's hoping the quality continues.

Wonder how much of a role Mega Evolution will play- its somewhat big in game, but its always hard to tell with the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The whole dumb AG and DP self thing(since such a thing doesn't exist), is kinda disproved when you guys says he acts like a kid(like he should) the first episode was probably the biggest example ever that he is a kid, he was like a 6 y with his mommy in the scenes with Alexa.

Ofc I'm fine with it since I'm not dumb enough to call a kid a "kid" and say he should be more mature but just sayin.

------

As for the episode it was good, didn't see a part since my video cut off at the end and it came back with Serena feeding the Rhyhorn but I saw most of it and enjoyed it.

Froakie seems to be a really cool cat from the first two episodes.
    That was the only scene I'd say he acted like a kid, after that he seemed pretty mature and a good fighter
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    That was the only scene I'd say he acted like a kid, after that he seemed pretty mature and a good fighter
    You apparently don't get it, he is the same damn kid every region, he was more fun/funnier in BW thanks to the group dynamic, Iris and Dent were great, thats what made him funnier.

Not really, he acted like a kid and like I said he should act like a kid(unless they finally decide to age him) the entire first episode.

I had no idea froakie's bubble collar could be used as an all purpose adhesive OO;;

glad Ash got it though, where did the pokeball come from though Ash used to catch it? oh well a good episode none the less.

Also, I kinda have to give the writers a nod about TR's collar, that definitely seems to be based off Team Plasma's control tech, perhaps Jessie and James took some of Corless' Data?

You apparently don't get it, he is the same damn kid every region, he was more fun/funnier in BW thanks to the group dynamic, Iris and Dent were great, thats what made him funnier.

Not really, he acted like a kid and like I said he should act like a kid(unless they finally decide to age him) the entire first episode.
    Do you even still watch the series other than BW? Did you see how he acted in AG / DP? He reminds more of that version, BW Ash seemed more like Kanto Ash, you'd have to watch his battle styles closley and how he a acted at times too. He'd often use strategies for his battles in those series and knew at times how to handle situations, other than the beginning of the first episode I'd say resembles AG Ash if any thing.

No, not really. He was different in BW because they wrote him differently. It has nothing to do with Iris or Cilan. But I do get your point though. His character is largely the same.

<--My tumblr

\

I think I saw a mega haxoros, together with mega amphorous as a white silhouette at http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/805ps4.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    I think I saw a mega haxoros, together with mega amphorous as a white silhouette at http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/805ps4.shtml
    That's Mega Charizard X.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I actually wasn't that crazy about this episode as I was the first, but it's still keeping my interest. I think Serena's mom secretly likes seeing/hearing her daughter in pain for some reason. She smiled hearing her scream in the morning, and watches her get injured while she's riding Rhyhorn, I don't know. Anyway Clemont and Bonnie still shine for me. I adored Bonnie wanting to play with so many Pokemon at the lab, and when she was fearful of the out of control Garchomp. Poor child, but I guess a outraged giant land shark dragon would scare any little kid who just want's to pet it. I liked Clemont's little Aipom machine arm gadget, it's the little things that get my attention, and Froakie still looks pretty interesting. It's quite something that Froakie has gotten two episodes to himself without his Kalos counterparts. I hope Chespin and Fennekin can get the same treatment when they finally come.

So overall, it was a alright episode. The Blaziken trainer appeared, maybe he's like the Tuxedo Mask of Pokemon? Would be different to say the least. To be honest right now I don't even care about him. It's all about Clemont, Bonnie, Serena, and the new Pokes for me. Two episodes in and I'm still not bothered yet. Good job XY.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 17th October 2013 at 4:08 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Did anybody else see that shiny Roselia in the crowd? Or is it just the lighting playing tricks? When Ash arrives at the Prism tower in XY2, there, between that Sandshrew and Froakie is a Roselia, but it has the lime'ish green coloring of the shiny variant.

Yes, he's still the same Ash, but the writers use him differently and fluctuate his skill level. Whether or not he was funnier is a personal taste, but it's pretty darn obvious that Ash seems incredibly better skilled at fighting based on these two episodes, then the first two of BW, where he lost to a Snivy that was just taken from the lab, and barely even remembered how to capture a freaking early route pokemon.

Because lets be honest, compare this XY-Ash - who's active and actually goes to where the action is, and puts himself in legitimate danger - to BW, where he was passive, let things happen to him, and didn't anticipate to any changes at all. Think of vs. Trip and vs. Cress. Pikachu was stripped of his electrical prowess (either due to external factors, or temporarily), and simply lost because of it. Clemont used the exact same strategy: Stop Pikachu's electricity. Yet, Ash was inventive and found a way around that issue. 'BW Ash', would've lost to Clemont in XY1, hands down.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Absolutely loved the 2 parter, especially the second episode

It just seems so heroic.. and happy! which is supposed to be what pokemon is about, anyways brilliant, and i got a huge laugh from team rocket, especially that blue blob <333
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast