Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Lumiose City Pursuit! (805)

Meh, american dub is worst thing to happen to the Pokémon series and sadly it's the version that's used as raw material for other foreign dubbings.

Japanese BGMs & insert songs are 1000 times better. Therefore, I'm still going to watch XY with subs.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    Meh, american dub is worst thing to happen to the Pokémon series and sadly it's the version that's used as raw material for other foreign dubbings.

Japanese BGMs & insert songs are 1000 times better. Therefore, I'm still going to watch XY with subs.
    You are overreacting way too much. For a kid's anime it is normal. Only weeaboos are the ones who care and if that is the case watch the japanese and quit complaining about a children's anime aimed at kids. If using dub music means less time dubbing or less cost for faster dubbing I'd take it. Want a bad dub? go watch the Inazuma Eleven dub. That is pretty much the only dub I'll let people bash

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    You are overreacting way too much. For a kid's anime it is normal. Only weeaboos are the ones who care and if that is the case watch the japanese and quit complaining about a children's anime aimed at kids. If using dub music means less time dubbing or less cost for faster dubbing I'd take it. Want a bad dub? go watch the Inazuma Eleven dub. That is pretty much the only dub I'll let people bash
    The yugioh zexal dub is honestly pretty bad too. I don't know anyone that hasn't thought differently.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    I think that the cost of producing new tracks for the dubs is way more cheaper than paying the music to JASRAC which have expensive taxes. I think that getting the BGM cost more than 10000$ a single episode. Which means that creating a set of tracks by his own are being cheaper than paying the soundtrack of JASRAC. In movies, and special events (like special premieres), the BGM is kept but apparently TPCI only paid the soundtrack of the special premiere, not the entire pack opf episodes.

This is the reason why unlike the gamnes, the "japanese version" doesn't air in Japan and the dubs comes from the English and not Japanese version. There's no legal way to watch an episode in Japanese in Europe (the English version can be watched in UK, through dual and through the English official website).
    FUNimation does it and their Anime release are straight to DVD.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    FUNimation does it and their Anime release are straight to DVD.
    They're selling stuff to people who probably want the original music included. I doubt Pokemon's banking on its DVD sales slone to keep them afloat like FUNi does.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    They're selling stuff to people who probably want the original music included. I doubt Pokemon's banking on its DVD sales slone to keep them afloat like FUNi does.
    Of course. They've got a TV deal, meaning they get more than just DVD sales. But if money's needed to get the JPN BGM, then that shouldn't be such an issue. This is The Pokemon Company International. They practically own the Anime along with dubbing it. Keeping the music should be child's play (especially with the dough they rake in thanks to the franchise itself). Plus, why would they make more work for them outside of voice acting and scripting?
    Last edited by matt0044; 28th January 2014 at 4:29 AM.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Of course. They've got a TV deal, meaning they get more than just DVD sales. But if money's needed to get the JPN BGM, then that shouldn't be such an issue. This is The Pokemon Company International. They practically own the Anime along with dubbing it. Keeping the music should be child's play (especially with the dough they rake in thanks to the franchise itself). Plus, why would they make more work for them outside of voice acting and scripting?
    I really can't imagine why TCPI would want to change the music when it's more cheaper to keep the original BGM (if that's what you're saying). Are they trying to make themselves bankrupt or something?

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The yugioh zexal dub is honestly pretty bad too. I don't know anyone that hasn't thought differently.
    Most of my friends enjoy over the jpn version

At least the dub has good theme songs

I do not know the amount of profit that TPCi and FUNimation make from their dubs, but it seems that if a small company like FUNimation can afford to keep all the Japanese music in their dubs, then TPCi (the owner of one of the most successful franchises in history) should be able to do the same. If this is a case in which the dubbers think that children will not like the Japanese music since it isn't playing to match the movements of every step a character makes all over the place like their own music, then I don't see how they came to that conclusion. I mean, not all children in America are ADHD viewers who will refuse to watch any show that does not have tunes that resemble an episode of Tom and Jerry or the original Mickey Mouse cartoon from the early 90's.
    Last edited by Gipauchii; 28th January 2014 at 8:36 PM.
    MY TEAMS FROM KANTO TO UNOVA

Maybe making music themselves is cheaper than getting the original music.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    Maybe making music themselves is cheaper than getting the original music.
    Maybe. But then how can companies like FUNimation, which AGAIN mostly make cash of direct to DVD releases, afford to better than The Pokemon Company International, which is in charge of a HUGE franchise, itself?

Are you starting to see the issue? If anything, TPCi should OWN that music.

Maybe. But then how can companies like FUNimation, which AGAIN mostly make cash of direct to DVD releases, afford to better than The Pokemon Company International, which is in charge of a HUGE franchise, itself?

Are you starting to see the issue? If anything, TPCi should OWN that music.
    Funimation and TPCI aren't the same when it comes to owning anything, I know this becuase I listen too VAs from Funi in Podcasts. It has nothing to do with being cheap, if they want to use thier own music, they should be alllowed but complaining or bring up every piece of musi that is changed is being childish, we are in 2014, we should get over petty stuff like that.

ASH WHY WOULD YOU TELL THE GARCHOMP THAT JUST KILLED AT LEAST 20 PEOPLE TO CALM DOWN.
    Mega Blaziken. Super Ultra Chicken. I can't be the only one who sees it. D:
    Also, really diggin' on Serena's character so far. Dat sass. Lovin' it. <3
    BEHOLD MY SECRET WEAPON
    THE SELF ESTEEMS

This is a nice episode in general. But Eureka should not complain Citron for running slow because he is carrying all the bags. That includes the one from herself and the one from Satoshi's. The Rocket disguise of a laboratory assistant is good while they use the height of Nyarth and Sonans combined to make sense for an adult's height.

I am not sure that Gaburias is firing Hakai Kosen because it was purple in colour. Rather looks like a beam version of Shadow Ball to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vriska Serket View Post
    ASH WHY WOULD YOU TELL THE GARCHOMP THAT JUST KILLED AT LEAST 20 PEOPLE TO CALM DOWN.
    What are you talking about?! All Garchomp did was hiting a car and unleashing random Hyper Beams... but it didn't kill ANYONE. Garchomp was doing all that stuff because that collar was driving it crazy. Ash wanted to remove the collar from Garchomp's neck, that's why he was trying to clam it down.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 16th June 2014 at 3:20 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Soo... did anyone notice this yet?

At least we know the writers like being somewhat consistent, lol

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112