Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Lumiose City Pursuit! (805)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    As if it wasn't likely enough already, Blaziken man will be returning - there is an image somewhere of him/mega blaziken in a tree.
    We have scenes of Mega Blaziken Trainer battling Team Rocket that aired after the first two episodes on October 17th.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

:O !!! 2 jaw droppin episodes WOW i never been more excited for a new series in my life every character is perfect!! i love it!!

I just watched this episode and so far I have been really impressed with the series. I'm glad Team Rocket didn't get too much screen time in this episode as I've grown rather tired of them as of late. Froakie is adorable and the scene where he catches himself was wonderful (tortures me knowing I haven't got a 2ds/3ds and so I can't get my own Froakie). This series has a lot of potential and hopefully it continues in the same manner, I am very interested to see how Serena integrates into the group from the peripheral role she has assumed during these 2 episodes.

Possible LeafGreen Lineup:

super fun episode

Quote Originally Posted by doulie View Post
    super fun episode
    watching this episode i feel like i'm watching a movie, that garchomp incident its definitely cool to see something big screen

My problem with this episode was that, while it was better than the first and I did like the scenes where Ash/Satoshi was talking to Froakie and thanking it for helping him and Pikachu, they had to ham up the part where he helps Garchomp get his collar off and made it into such a SPECTACLE: I mean, we needed HELICOPTERS at the scene JUST for this, and Ash was just like I'll help ya get that collar off and so yeah, it happened.

Then, after that, his Pikachu just happened to fall off and he just went and jumped himself, which made it feel a lot more forced, staged, and contrived than it has in the past when such events happened.

Really, if there weren't so many people around making a big deal out of it, this would've been a lot more effective to me: that's what really brought it down.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 20th December 2013 at 12:20 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Say what you want, but Meowth's line Before he blasted off was Amazing imo. XD

"The wisdom gushes out of my mouth!"
    I suppose you thought "one more pushy wushy" was a brilliant line, too?

smh.

We used to have lines as memorable as "I'm a flaming Moltres!" and we've sunk to this being called good script writing? How the mighty have fallen indeed...
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th January 2014 at 10:30 AM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I suppose you thought "one more pushy wushy" was a brilliant line, too?

smh.

We used to have lines as memorable as "I'm a flaming Moltes!" and we've sunk to this being called good script writing? How the mighty have fallen indeed...
    Yea, some of meowth's line are weird and annoying, like wyen he says stuff like oy vey or yack. It!s like they are trying to make him into a seinfeld character.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I don't have a problem with TR, they still seem goofy - yet they maintain their semi-serious side which i really like.

They've finally been leveled out as interesting characters again to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Yea, some of meowth's line are weird and annoying, like wyen he says stuff like oy vey or yack. It!s like they are trying to make him into a seinfeld character.
    IKR? LMAO @ seinfeld reference because I get that feeling too!

I'm not sure what's up with James' lines either here. Like, did you notice James went "swala" when he tossed that black box with the collar at Garchomp to get it on its neck in the dubbed version. Apparently, James speaks Swahili, and is Yiddish now...o_O.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    I don't have a problem with TR, they still seem goofy - yet they maintain their semi-serious side which i really like.

They've finally been leveled out as interesting characters again to watch.
    I would agree with you if they were the same way in XY003-XY011 as they were in XY002, but that's not the case.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th January 2014 at 10:27 AM.

Ok, now I have a major qualm with the dub. I just watched the official premier of the episode and I don't get why they had to change the music. Not only was it perfectly fine the way it was, but this new music doesn't fit with the music of the games and is sometimes louder than the dialogue

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

In the US a new episode has airing. Can you answer this questions.
    1) How loud is the volume of the BGM?
    -Very Low
    -Low
    -Middle
    -High
    -Very High

2) How Japanese BGM is kept in the episode?
    -All the Japanese BGM is kept and no dub music added (XY 1-2).
    -All most or all Japanese BGM is kept but dub music is added to fill silence.
    -The dub replaces a lot of the BGM in the episode.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Ok so some lines were replaced. I know from the preview Ash said something like "Anyone who doesn't want you is crazy" to Froakie which was not the same here. also the guy in the mask may have had a new voice but not sure.

I didn't see a To Be Continued showing either which is very odd.

Was hoping more Team Rocket focus would be happening but sadly no...

A lot of people I talk to seem to like the dub music and I think it's okay too.

The episode itself was pretty enjoyable though I miss the machine gun Hyper Beam (or maybe I don't?) Either way, I liked the episode and the dub is off to a good start relatively speaking.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    A lot of people I talk to seem to like the dub music and I think it's okay too.

The episode itself was pretty enjoyable though I miss the machine gun Hyper Beam (or maybe I don't?) Either way, I liked the episode and the dub is off to a good start relatively speaking.
    Ok, the music wasn't absolutely terrible, & it felt more like the music used for OS, but my only problem is that after hearing the RAW music for so long, the new music doesn't fit with the mood & the setting for the episodes. Plus, sometimes the music is so loud that it overpowers the dialogue, making it seem amateurish

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I wish people would really stop complaining about the BgM's already, like someone stated last week the english music composers wouldn't have jobs if they were to leave things they were like in the RAW, i personalty prefer the dub music over the raw music, the dub over the raw overall which is why i watch the dub. XY is getting off to a great start and i can't wait for the true new episode next week.

It was an alright episode. I still love Bonnie's dub voice and Serena's voice is starting to grow on me a little, she sounded less like Iris here imo. The animation is really good too.
    7/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I watched this episode again and I still really enjoyed it. I love how much they were able to fit in during the 21 minutes they had. They gave us backstory on Froakie, information about Mega Evolution, a TR attack, Garchomp's rampage, a few scenes with Serena, Mega Blaziken saving the day and I have to say it all felt REALLY well paced. I was really impressed with how well paced it was. I didn't feel like any scene should have been any longer or shorter than it was. And for the second episode of the season, it was very intense. We usually don't really see the show get this action packed this quickly but this really felt like an episode that would show up later in the series if this was any other saga. I would say the only real problem I had with this episode was how TR was handled here. They were really only here as plot devices, but they did their job in getting Garchomp to rampage. So overall, it was a very strong episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Plus, sometimes the music is so loud that it overpowers the dialogue, making it seem amateurish
    Honestly, the dub seems to lower the overall BGM for some reason. It's not totally inaudible but I still find it weird.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl0102 View Post
    like someone stated last week the english music composers wouldn't have jobs if they were to leave things they were like in the RAW
    They've left the music completely intact before during some BW episodes and even a few DP ones if I remember correctly. So that excuse doesn't work. They're just changing the music for no reason; we know that they have the rights to the original tracks since they were used during the sneak peek of the first XY episode, so they're just wasting resources by replacing those tracks and composing new ones.

Anyway, I'm glad I finally got to see the dub of this episode since it clarified things that I didn't understand while watching the original version. I'm still surprised that so much happened in this episode; I mean that casual visit to Professor Sycamore's lab, the Garchomp incident at the Prism Tower, and then the scenes where Serena recognized Ash on television. The whole thing was pulled off well and even though I preferred the first XY episode, this one was still decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    They're just changing the music for no reason
    I'm thinking they changed up the music to adjust the anime for English viewers, especially for its target audience. I mean, I doubt any dubbing company would change anything just for the heck of it.

They messed up the music again ? Geez, I was hoping that they'd keep the original BGM for the first 5 episodes of XY, but it seems like they wouldn't do it. I don't see the point of replacing the original game/movie music with such unfitting dub music. Heck, I won't mind if they added dub music to fill the silence while still keeping the japanese music.... but it seems like they're gonna change the music just for the heck of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    I'm thinking they changed up the music to adjust the anime for English viewers, especially for its target audience. I mean, I doubt any dubbing company would change anything just for the heck of it.
    I think just replacing the Japanese voices with english voices is enough to adjust the anime for the english viewers, there's no need to change the original music for that.

Edit: What's up with the dub lowering the music ? Seriously, they need to raise the volume of the BGM.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 26th January 2014 at 5:49 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemontrainerY View Post
    I think just replacing the Japanese voices with English voices is enough to adjust the anime for the english viewers, there's no need to change the original music for that.
    Well, I doubt that there's no reason for the dubbing company to change the music. There's always a reason for everything.

Well, I doubt that there's no reason for the dubbing company to change the music. There's always a reason for everything.

Don't most kid anime do it? Maybe they think kids won't like the japanese music since it is not normal to them or something. I'll be honest I can't watch japanese yugioh or digimon since I'm so used to the dub bgm

I think that the cost of producing new tracks for the dubs is way more cheaper than paying the music to JASRAC which have expensive taxes. I think that getting the BGM cost more than 10000$ a single episode. Which means that creating a set of tracks by his own are being cheaper than paying the soundtrack of JASRAC. In movies, and special events (like special premieres), the BGM is kept but apparently TPCI only paid the soundtrack of the special premiere, not the entire pack opf episodes.

This is the reason why unlike the gamnes, the "japanese version" doesn't air in Japan and the dubs comes from the English and not Japanese version. There's no legal way to watch an episode in Japanese in Europe (the English version can be watched in UK, through dual and through the English official website).
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast