Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumiose City Pursuit! (805)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    So did I hear correctly that MegaBlaziken reverted back to its normal state after it's heroics?
    Yup. After it saved Ash, it went back to its trainer and changed back to Blaziken and then both of them left.

Edit: I really find it cute that the animators are showing the Pokeball's shake in-response to the trainers query. Its like the pokemons are able to actually hear whats being said from inside the Pokeball (this concept was very vaguely portrayed before).

Also the new segment of Holo Castor looked good, especially Oak's Rotom who was really funny.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 17th October 2013 at 9:35 PM.

Can anybody translate the bit where Prof. Sycamore is talking about Froakie and it's past??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

To be honest, I felt that the first XY episode was stronger. Maybe it's because this episode was hyped so much and so much of it was shown in the previews, but I thought it was predictable. I wanted more to happen but at least we got more excellent animation and seeing Ash play the hero was actually refreshing if only because he got some widespread exposure this time and his adventure was reported around Kalos.

IMO, this episode looked much better than the first. The only thing I didn't like in this episode was TRio's portrayal. Everything else was great.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    But the interpretation that I got from it was that Froakie was looking for a trainer, but no one wanted it or no one was worthy, so Froakie moved from one place to another, being lonely and searching for a trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    My interpretation is the same as yours dman. But I think only Dephender or Sushi or two days of waiting can confirm that I guess. But that's what I understood.
    Yeah, you're wrong. Keromatsu is one of the Pokemon Platane was to give out to a new trainer, but it doesn't listen to their orders, or runs away from the during battle, so the trainer ends up returning it to the lab. He's given it out to multiple new trainers, but all of them have ended up returning it. The most recent trainer that had it ended up releasing it in the wild instead, that's why it was running around in the city, presumably making its way back towards the lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Yeah, you're wrong. Keromatsu is one of the Pokemon Platane was to give out to a new trainer, but it doesn't listen to their orders, or runs away from the during battle, so the trainer ends up returning it to the lab. He's given it out to multiple new trainers, but all of them have ended up returning it. The most recent trainer that had it ended up releasing it in the wild instead, that's why it was running around in the city, presumably making its way back towards the lab.
    So it's like Snivy in a sense?? If it doesn't find the trainer worthy, it will find one that is(Ash).
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

That gives Froakie a bit more depth, even if it's basically Snivy's backstory. Hopefully the writers expand on this. Also, I'm glad that it was the professor's Pokemon and not just some wild Froakie that was roaming around the city. Making it Sycamore's previous Pokemon at least made some sense since I doubt Froakie's natural habitat would be in a big city.

So instead of something new, it's basically the same story we always here.

I mean sure, it is a little different, but it's not entirely new.

What would've been new to Pokemon would be a Pokemon no one wanted, or Froakie to find the right trainer, but oh well.

@Charmed

City not its natural habitat?

It can travel wherever it wants to you know.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

to all the haters.

This episode was bad-***. It was cool that the Garchomp rampage was wide-spread and covered by the media, which is how Serena coincidentally saw it unfold. I also didn't expect Mega Blaziken to appear and save Ash, so that's interesting.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Great episode, I loved it!
    That part at the start of the episode made me wonder if Serena really likes to ride Rhyhorn. I think she does that to please her mother until she finds a good reason to leave.

She just totally looks to be the typical girl "I really don't like to get dirty" (and it usually fits with a girl who likes fashion), while her mother is more of a rock and roll mother who likes to have fun, what ever the cost. I mean, look at her face during the whole Rhyhorn rodeo thing. I'm pretty she's thinking "What am I doing here!?" the whole time and her face just screams she really doesn't like that, or isn't good at it, while her mother would certainly be laughing or smiling at her place. I can see the Rhyhorn riding only being a way to spend time at home, but not as her main goal.

I'm also really interested about Froakie's back story. Sycamore seems to know what it is all about. I'm not too sure if Froakie got released, but it seems to be something else. A little bit like Snivy, who looks to like stronger trainers. Maybe its trainer just forgot Froakie... I hope it gets mroe attention then Snivy's story, though.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Great episode, I loved it!
    That part at the start of the episode made me wonder if Serena really likes to ride Rhyhorn. I think she does that to please her mother until she finds a good reason to leave.

She just totally looks to be the typical girl "I really don't like to get dirty" (and it usually fits with a girl who likes fashion), while her mother is more of a rock and roll mother who likes to have fun, what ever the cost. I mean, look at her face during the whole Rhyhorn rodeo thing. I'm pretty she's thinking "What am I doing here!?" the whole time and her face just screams she really doesn't like that, or isn't good at it, while her mother would certainly be laughing or smiling at her place. I can see the Rhyhorn riding only being a way to spend time at home, but not as her main goal.

I'm also really interested about Froakie's back story. Sycamore seems to know what it is all about. I'm not too sure if Froakie got released, but it seems to be something else. A little bit like Snivy, who looks to like stronger trainers. Maybe its trainer just forgot Froakie... I hope it gets mroe attention then Snivy's story, though.
    Read above, Dephender said that Froakie was released the last time which is why he wasn't at the lab and wandering around the city.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Read above, Dephender said that Froakie was released the last time which is why he wasn't at the lab and wandering around the city.
    Oh, sorry about that...
    Well at least it's a little more interesting than the previous Fire type starters who all got treated badly (aside of Cyndaquil).
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Both episodes were epic, especially the 2nd. Froakie being a total badass just further justifies my life long love of frogs that I've had since I was very little.

Awesome banner by dahrue

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. Froakie is my favorite Kalos starter so it was nice seeing it and Ash bond. I wonder if there will be times that Froakie doesn't listen to Ash and expects to be released, but Ash won't give up on it.

After these first two episodes, all I can say is X and Y you have my attention.

It appears there are some highly inaccurate "translations" for this episode floating around. Please excise caution, and be wary of less trustworthy sources.

You should be able to see it (or rather the one hour special of which this episode is the second part of) Saturday at 2:00 P.M. Eastern time if you live in the U.S. I don't know what time you can see it in other countries, but it should be shown on Saturday in other countries, too, as far as I know.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

I hope no one turns their back on Froakie since it's got the abandonment syndrome this time rather than a fire starter, though it also seems to stem more from how Snivy was as it wouldn't obey it's trainers thus got released multiple times.

I haven't been this excited for the Pokemon anime since AG. XY seems extremely promising. The first two episodes were typical, but good. Serena is such a cutie and I can't wait to see more of her.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

I love that Froakie pushed the ball towards Ash to catch him. I love that Ash jumped off the tower for Pikachu. I love Clement and Bonnie. I LOVE Serena.
    I love it all! I'm too excited for this series!

Enjoyed this one just as much as the first. The animation really sold me on Garchomp's desperate rampage and loss of control, where it was just clawing at ledges, tripping, and screaming. I feel like they've moved away from Best Wishes's hyperbolic animation style and the show should be better for it.

Froakie is already more interesting than any Pokemon Ash had caught in a while, there's great opportunity for character development between those two.

Clemont being slouchy and out of shape is a fun character trait and a nice change of pace from your usual anime protagonists.

They really made Garchomp's rampage feel like a big deal and Ash's heroics felt like they had more weight to them.

10/10, no complaints with either of these episodes. Kalos is off to a great start.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

This really wasn't a great episode, but it was at least more enjoyable than the agonizingly boring first one. This would have been a much better XY001.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I am loving this season. I like Ash for the first time in a while. The battles remind me of his sinnoh league run but with more flair. The fact that Ash has gotten Froakie already pretty much gives me reason to believe we won't have Noob Ash from the beginning of BW or Level 1 Pikachu again going by the bunnelby fight. I hope the quality of this show keeps up. I have not looked forward to an episode of Pokemon in years. This episode was great. I loved the news report bits. I really hope Ash gets some level of fame to his efforts this season.

Really great in the dub the music was all the same, and it was really intense up on the tower. Also serena's voice really doesn't not aound like iris to me like some people.

And the froakie capture scene is already cuter than anything that happened in all of bw.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Enjoyed this one just as much as the first. The animation really sold me on Garchomp's desperate rampage and loss of control, where it was just clawing at ledges, tripping, and screaming. I feel like they've moved away from Best Wishes's hyperbolic animation style and the show should be better for it.

Froakie is already more interesting than any Pokemon Ash had caught in a while, there's great opportunity for character development between those two.

Clemont being slouchy and out of shape is a fun character trait and a nice change of pace from your usual anime protagonists.

They really made Garchomp's rampage feel like a big deal and Ash's heroics felt like they had more weight to them.

10/10, no complaints with either of these episodes. Kalos is off to a great start.
    Hyperbolic Animation style?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast