Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumiose City Pursuit! (805)

Y'know, I had my doubts for some time...

But I actually really enjoyed these first two episodes. Ash was pretty cool, and Serena is fairly charming already.

Guess I'll keep a look out for this series after all :3
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 19th October 2013 at 9:20 PM.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

This episode continued the great start from the previous episode. The chasing scenes around Kalos were highly detailed, and it seems Ash cemented his status as badass now that the media caught his heroics live. Please, let everyone in the region know who he is...

Serena pretty much is slowly starting to show nice traits, along with Clemont and Bonnie. But that comment about her mom thinking that Garchomp was Ash's really hurt. You've got a Gible, you dimwit! You better use him this time!

Pretty good so far. Here hoping Ash can get more than one Mega Pokémon, unless he somehow gets both stones for his Charizard...

That trainer and his Mega Blaziken? He didn't conceal his identity too well. That closeup on him reveals that he was wearing armor underneath that cape... Which means it's

Spoiler:- :

I watched the entire marathon with the people at /vp/, and I enjoyed myself a lot.

I watched the first episode in Japanese but watched the second in English and it was so great. I loved the voice actors for both versions and the animation was stellar. Never have I loved Froakie so much, it was awesome I'm this episode along with bro Garchomp.

I'm really hoping the quality keeps this pace, because so far I'm loving every bit if this saga and I haven't been this impressed from the beginning of a saga since AG.

I stayed patient and it paid off! I really enjoyed this episode as well as the first one! Ash is a lot more pro active and I loved how it bonded with Froakie. Froakie's story is interesting, it's a bit like Snivy but more fleshed out than an educated guess from Cilan. Hope to see it become Ash's new powerhouse!

The only problem I had was Team Rocket. I like what they did but not how they did it. They shouldn't have blasted off so soon and should have been around the Prism Tower I think. But other than that, I really liked how it turned out and it was great to see Ash be the hero again. Mega Blaziken was a nice touch. As I said for XY001, simple but super effective

I also like how they're not giving a lot of focus to Serena immediately...although I really hope it's not some love story.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    This episode continued the great start from the previous episode. The chasing scenes around Kalos were highly detailed, and it seems Ash cemented his status as badass now that the media caught his heroics live. Please, let everyone in the region know who he is...

Serena pretty much is slowly starting to show nice traits, along with Clemont and Bonnie. But that comment about her mom thinking that Garchomp was Ash's really hurt. You've got a Gible, you dimwit! You better use him this time!

Pretty good so far. Here hoping Ash can get more than one Mega Pokémon, unless he somehow gets both stones for his Charizard...

That trainer and his Mega Blaziken? He didn't conceal his identity too well. That closeup on him reveals that he was wearing armor underneath that cape... Which means it's

Except Blaziken's trainer has a beard.

That person you attribute to being Blaziken's trainer does not.

Not to mention that said trainer wouldn't even have a Blaziken anyway.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Except Blaziken's trainer has a beard.

That person you attribute to being Blaziken's trainer does not.

Not to mention that said trainer wouldn't even have a Blaziken anyway.
    That beard is probably part of the disguise. Who knows. I'm making some assumptions.

That is, assuming Ash doesn't want an almost full team of Kalos Pokemon (with Pikachu obviously still being a permanent fix).

Well I pretty much enjoyed this episode. The whole Garchomp thing was pretty good and the scenes with Serena are pretty interesting . I'm not really impressed with Team Rocket though. I'll give it a rating of 9/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

One thing I'm wondering is how they'll portray Vivillon, as in, if its multiple patterns will be shown, of if only one of them, then which?

That beard is probably part of the disguise. Who knows. I'm making some assumptions.
    Still wouldn't explain why he would have Blaziken though.

Spoiler:
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Still wouldn't explain why he would have Blaziken though.

Spoiler:
    This is the anime where Clemont owns a Bunnelby; a Normal-type.

And where he's not the gym leader, unless he plans to wait until Ash gets four badges to reveal such.

I like how Serena saw Ash on TV. I was counting on the flashback. The Froakie capture was better than any of Black and White's. If that scene where Pikachu sniffs and breathes on the camera is not in the opening, I will be angry.

Because he's traveling companion, those two instances aren't even comparable.

Clemont has Bunnelby, and will likely get Chespin, and other none electric type Pokemon for that sole reason alone.

He's a traveling companion.

This isn't like Viola showing up with a Salamence.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteMonta View Post
    And where he's not the gym leader, unless he plans to wait until Ash gets four badges to reveal such.
    It is heavily implied that Clemont is the Lumiose Gym Leader.

On top of that.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 19th October 2013 at 9:45 PM.

I want to watch them in English! 8'( *starts to cry in its corner*
    I really can't wait to hear their voices, although I already know who's voicing Bonnie.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Because he's traveling companion, those two instances aren't even comparable.

Clemont has Bunnelby, and will likely get Chespin, and other none electric type Pokemon for that sole reason alone.

He's a traveling companion.

This isn't like Viola showing up with a Salamence.

It is heavily implied that Clemont is the Lumiose Gym Leader.

On top of that.

Spoiler:
    I understand that. I only spoke as one who didn't see any pre-episode stuff, so as to not spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteMonta View Post
    I understand that. I only spoke as one who didn't see any pre-episode stuff, so as to not spoil it.
    I suppose if you only saw previews of the episodes, but knew what Clemont was, I guess you'd question if he was a gym leader in Lumiose City.

But if what I hear about the translation of the original Japanese is true, and if it was carried onto the English Dub, Bonnie should've pretty much outed (for the audience) Clemont as the gym leader, since I believe when Ash brought up the gym leader for Lumiose City, Bonnie interrupted and was saying what a great gym leader it was.

On top of that, anyone who isn't Ash can easily figure that Clemont knowing how to get into the Prism tower, is because he is the gym leader, and not because he's good at science, and was only faking it was about inventions to Ash because he doesn't want Ash to know.

Because no way, Clemont created an Aipom hand/whatever to somehow be able to break into the Lumiose tower since the lock required "three finger appendages" just like the Aipom hand unless it was a locking system that Clemont himself specifically created.

I mean there are such things as coincidences, sure, if you want to play the devil's advocate, but either the Aipom hand would've been created specifically to break into the Prism Tower but also somehow has other features. OR it was created with the locking system and designed for other features.

The former makes Clemont look like a villain, while the latter means Clemont is the gym leader. I prefer to think of the latter.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 19th October 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Clemont is depicted as a Gym Leader in tgeir Japanese profile. In BW; Cilan was mentioned to be a Gym Leader but Iris doesn't.

I suppose if you only saw previews of the episodes, but knew what Clemont was, I guess you'd question if he was a gym leader in Lumiose City.

But if what I hear about the translation of the original Japanese is true, and if it was carried onto the English Dub, Bonnie should've pretty much outed (for the audience) Clemont as the gym leader, since I believe when Ash brought up the gym leader for Lumiose City, Bonnie interrupted and was saying what a great gym leader it was.

On top of that, anyone who isn't Ash can easily figure that Clemont knowing how to get into the Prism tower, is because he is the gym leader, and not because he's good at science, and was only faking it was about inventions to Ash because he doesn't want Ash to know.

Because no way, Clemont created an Aipom hand/whatever to somehow be able to break into the Lumiose tower since the lock required "three finger appendages" just like the Aipom hand unless it was a locking system that Clemont himself specifically created.

I mean there are such things as coincidences, sure, if you want to play the devil's advocate, but either the Aipom hand would've been created specifically to break into the Prism Tower but also somehow has other features. OR it was created with the locking system and designed for other features.

The former makes Clemont look like a villain, while the latter means Clemont is the gym leader. I prefer to think of the latter.
    Iris was a gym leader in White. Just because its one way in the game, doesn't mean it has to be that way in the anime. I only brought it up because the only Gym Leader who accompanied Ash without telling him that they were one was Misty.

Lets just drop this topic.

This episode was action packed, so much was going in this episode. It's looks like this season will be neat.

Actually, after hearing the voice a second time, Serena doesn't sound like Iris.

Actually, after hearing the voice a second time, Serena doesn't sound like Iris.
    That's what I was thinking, too. When will we have a list of the dub VAs?

You lucky, you got to hear Serena's voice.
    I really wonder who was voicing Clemont and Serena (as we already know who voiced Bonnie). Anyone has an idea of to what actor their voices look like ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Did this air today? ITV website only lists the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    You lucky, you got to hear Serena's voice.
    I really wonder who was voicing Clemont and Serena (as we already know who voiced Bonnie). Anyone has an idea of to what actor their voices look like ?
    Apparently, someone in the previous episode's thread said that Jason Griffith is still going to stick with us in Clemont, but Bonnie's VA is someone named Alyson Rosenfeld.

Serena's VA is someone named Lianne Marie Dobbs, who voiced Concordia in N.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast