Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumiose City Pursuit! (805)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Apparently, someone in the previous episode's thread said that Jason Griffith is still going to stick with us in Clemont, but Bonnie's VA is someone named Alyson Rosenfeld.

Serena's VA is someone named Lianne Marie Dobbs, who voiced Concordia in N.
    JASON GRIFFITH BACK!? Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu! I love that guy! I just hope he takes a different accent from Cilan's, though. It would be more original. It was noticed earlier, on Alyson Rosenfeld's twitter, that she announced to be voicing Bonnie, so I already knew.

Lianne Marie Dobbs voiced Anthea, so I think you mistaken ? Anyway, I can't wait to hear that! She also voiced Moira, in the episode where Iris used Snivy, and her voice was gorgeous!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 20th October 2013 at 1:39 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Alyson has been voiing Nurse Joy for all of BW, voiced Jasmine, and even voiced my all-time favorite girl, Roxie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    JASON GRIFFITH BACK!? Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu! I love that guy! I just hope he takes a different accent from Cilan's, though. It would be more original. It was noticed earlier, on Alyson Rosenfeld's twitter, that she announced to be voicing Bonnie, so I already knew.

Lianne Marie Dobbs voiced Anthea, so I think you mistaken ? Anyway, I can't wait to hear that! She also voiced Moira, in the episode where Iris used Snivy, and her voice was gorgeous!
    You're right, I got her mixed up with Haven Paschall. Didn't realize she had played in the opera episode.

If Alyson Rosenfeld is indeed Bonnie, though, then Eileen Stevens has to be Serena. There's no other character in the main cast for her.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    You're right, I got her mixed up with Haven Paschall. Didn't realize she had played in the opera episode.

If Alyson Rosenfeld is indeed Bonnie, though, then Eileen Stevens has to be Serena. There's no other character in the main cast for her.
    I don't think Eileen Stevens has something to do with Serena; it's Iris's voice actress. People assumed it was her because Serena's voice was similar to Iris's, but in fact, it seems like it's Lianne Marie Dobbs who will be voicing Serena.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post

Eileen couldn't voice one of the Pokemon?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm pretty sure that Eileen Stevens is not voicing Serena, but instead Lianne Marie Dobbs is.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    But if what I hear about the translation of the original Japanese is true, and if it was carried onto the English Dub, Bonnie should've pretty much outed (for the audience) Clemont as the gym leader, since I believe when Ash brought up the gym leader for Lumiose City, Bonnie interrupted and was saying what a great gym leader it was.
    Not sure what you've heard, but no, she never said any such thing, she just mentioned he was a strong trainer... which they have some random dude say in like half the gym episodes.

i'm not sold on Jason griffth being Clemont's voice, he's the only one left we truly don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Not sure what you've heard, but no, she never said any such thing, she just mentioned he was a strong trainer... which they have some random dude say in like half the gym episodes.
    That's EXACTLY what I said.

Bonnie said the Gym Leader was strong.

Not sure what you misinterpreted my post as saying.

I said it was implied that Clemont was the gym leader, because Bonnie said what a strong gym leader the Lumiose Gym Leader is, I didn't not say Bonnie said Clemont was the strong gym leader.

Edit: To clarify when I said "Outed (to the audience)" I meant implied.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 20th October 2013 at 3:15 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Does anyone have a link for this one? Doesn't look like it aired in the UK.

Not a bad intro to the new X and Y saga but doesn't it bother anyone else that only Froakie got screen time? What about Chespin and Fenneken?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Clemont is the Gym Leader of Lumiose City. He and Bonnie just so happen to conceal his identity better than Misty did whenever the Cerulean Gym was mentioned to her. Unless the game creators have a third version/sequels in mind, Clemont is the Gym Leader by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Not a bad intro to the new X and Y saga but doesn't it bother anyone else that only Froakie got screen time? What about Chespin and Fenneken?
    Both of them are likely to get good screentime when they go to their trainers too. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    There was no point in bringing in Fennekin or Chespin into these episodes.

Since the only reason Froakie showed up at all was because of Ash getting it. And the story called for it.

Even better then episode 1, and infact more enjoyable then the original

It's hard to find many faults with this episode, "except james current va.. cough"

Anywhoo 10/10

Would give it more if i could.. so i will 11/10
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Okay now having finally seen this one (only took until 3am to find out) I'm completely sold on the new cast. Just a shame we have to wait so long.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Clemont is the Gym Leader of Lumiose City. He and Bonnie just so happen to conceal his identity better than Misty did whenever the Cerulean Gym was mentioned to her. Unless the game creators have a third version/sequels in mind, Clemont is the Gym Leader by default.
    Which makes me question why the writers are trying to keep it a secret. I mean by now everyone knows that Clemont runs the Lumiose City Gym and yet the writers are trying to build up the reveal for some reason. Imo, there's nothing particularly fun about Ash traveling with Clemont for 40 or so episodes and then learning that he was traveling with a Gym Leader the entire time. Maybe kids will find that hilarious or something, but I don't think there's anything interesting about that. I dislike faux secrets since there's really no suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Which makes me question why the writers are trying to keep it a secret. I mean by now everyone knows that Clemont runs the Lumiose City Gym and yet the writers are trying to build up the reveal for some reason. Imo, there's nothing particularly fun about Ash traveling with Clemont for 40 or so episodes and then learning that he was traveling with a Gym Leader the entire time. Maybe kids will find that hilarious or something, but I don't think there's anything interesting about that. I dislike faux secrets since there's really no suspense.
    It's not the writers as much as Clemont happens to be a late Gym Leader fight. He knows Ash doesn't have four badges and he sure doesn't want Ash to get on his case after how he complained about the machine pooping him out from the tower. If that fight against Bunnelby proved something without making him lose at all, it's how Ash is unprepared against a true Gym fight (yet he totally is but he'll never bring old Pokémon back unlike Johto).

Otherwise, Ash would bug Clemont like there is no tomorrow during the entire journey. Clemont is surely tagging along with him surely because of his suicidal tendencies for the sake of rescuing Pokémon.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 20th October 2013 at 4:33 AM.

Great episode, definitely a great start to the series, can't wait for the dub to finish BW so we can get to X and Y. Is it just me or did Serena sound like Iris? Might just be me though.

@Wan Pisu, it's not Ellen Stevens (until comfirmed), but her name and Jason (Clemont/Cilan) are under Sarah (Ash) and someone named Roger is under their names (I think it's Bunealby or Froakie).

No wonder clemont's va slightly reminded me of cilan. No way serena is voiced by eileen.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    Even better then episode 1, and infact more enjoyable then the original

It's hard to find many faults with this episode, "except james current va.. cough"

Anywhoo 10/10

Would give it more if i could.. so i will 11/10
    IDK, my main fault is Meowth's current va (who also plays James now, so I don't blame you). xD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Froakie showing up with a Poke Ball for Ash was the most adorable thing ever in Pokemon. Bonnie, Clemont, and Serena are completely welcome in my book. I love them already. I'm so excited to see more!

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

So Clemont IS voiced by Jason Griffith?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    So Clemont IS voiced by Jason Griffith?
    Isn't that such a spicy and delicous coincidence?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast