Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 151

Thread: Genesect & The Legend Awakened (M16)

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rorplup View Post
    Didn't it show in the movie flashback the Plasma symbol on the some doors?
    Plasma didn't create Mewtwo. We don't know who these scientists are (though it's possible they're Team Flare, but what the hell is Team Flare doing messing around with genetics, I don't remember that in the games), or why they did this, and chances are we're never going to find out. They basically expect us to roll with it because it's Mewtwo.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  2. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rorplup View Post
    Didn't it show in the movie flashback the Plasma symbol on the some doors?
    Yes. In Genesect's creation. Mewtwo, nothing.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Yes. In Genesect's creation. Mewtwo, nothing.
    Ah! Yes! That's where I seen that. Thanks for the correction.
    I would wonder if Mewtwo created a female clone for himself to keep him company and it just didn't work out.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9

    Default

    ok I heard in the end of the credits a scene is shown where newtwo looks over a city just like the original mewtwo in mewtwo returns
    I just saw it and I cant help but to feel like cussing at whoever made the decision to make this movie cannon and have old mewtwo replaced and never existed D:<
    if it was the director or writer Im really ticked at them
    the guy who created mewtwo would of been so angry and disspointed
    I dont see why people who worked in this movie has no sense of respect to the guy who made pokemon anime successful and passed away few years ago
    he did a lot to help pokemon and they just mess with his work
    favorite pokemon:

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town
    Posts
    2,796

    Default

    I heard a rumor that either in this movie or the Sylveon special, Ash's age was mentioned(?) He is 14? Or was that debunked?
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9

    Default

    so with the movie I realized that they could of made the movie better in some way
    ok entei in movie 13 makes sense because the pokedex says one is born when a volcano erupts
    newtwo could of been a shiny instead and was created to clone mewtwo but ended up green instead xD
    imagine now there will be two mewtwos and one will not look like the original to be confused
    shinygensectxshinymewtwo?
    Last edited by Sushi; 12th November 2013 at 10:44 AM.
    favorite pokemon:

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Ash is not 14. That did not happen.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Riding on the back of a Latios
    Posts
    89

    Default

    This movie is soooo sad. I literally started crying....
    I have claimed Larvitar

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur3 View Post
    This movie is soooo sad. I literally started crying....
    it was sad but I cried more in movie 1, 4,5,8, and 10 xD
    movie 1 was super dark
    movie 4 because of celebi
    movie 5 latios dies
    movie 8 lucario dies
    movie 10 darkrai was treated as a bad person because it causes nightmares but was the exact opposite and almost dies for the sake of saving the town
    mewtwo returns was sad because it showed the clip with ambertwo and baby mewtwo crying
    this movie was only sad because douse made it sad because of her crying which i also felt bad since they were now in the future and could never go back to there original home
    favorite pokemon:

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Riding on the back of a Latios
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika216 View Post
    it was sad but I cried more in movie 1, 4,5,8, and 10 xD
    movie 1 was super dark
    movie 4 because of celebi
    movie 5 latios dies
    movie 8 lucario dies
    movie 10 darkrai was treated as a bad person because it causes nightmares but was the exact opposite and almost dies for the sake of saving the town
    mewtwo returns was sad because it showed the clip with ambertwo and baby mewtwo crying
    this movie was only sad because douse made it sad because of her crying which i also felt bad since they were now in the future and could never go back to there original home
    All the ones that you suggested are very sad.
    I have claimed Larvitar

  11. #136
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    For any patient Canadians: this will air on YTV at 4pm EST on December 7th.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  12. #137
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Overall, I enjoyed this movie, mostly for the Genesect. A few things bugged me, like Eric being the only ranger in Pokemon Hills and the power supply for the entire city being located ideally in Pokemon Hills. I guess the plot needed this to happen though.

    I feel like they could have made it better. Even I could write a better one.

    Maybe the original Mewtwo's sanctuary that he set up in Johto was destroyed by a natural disaster, relating to the avalanche in the National Park. Over time he's become more open to humans, so he took all of the clones to Pokemon Hills knowing it's a safe place. (Maybe that's why he was looming over a city all this time, to investigate?) The Genesect Horde arrive and try to make it their nest, but the Pokemon aren't having it. Mewtwo wants the Genesect to peacefully join since he can relate to their origins, but he wants to protect his own family first. The rest of the movie basically plays out as already written. Ash, Iris and Cilan participate in some way, and Mewtwo shows Genesect its home planet after they fight.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    overall i can say the movie wasn't bad after all
    and at first i also thought the genesect will die

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I just picked this up yesterday. I was kind of curious who they would use for the new Mewtwo's voice since we're no longer in 4Kids territory. I LOVED the new Mewtwo's voice...she really did a good job portraying the character and was a good successor to Dan Green as well as the original VA of Mewtwo. I also think Ash's VA did really well in this movie. Ash has been really hit or miss for me ever since he came on but the movies have been really good...the Keldeo one and now this. I like these smaller plots they've started doing. With the decreased run times, they're focusing more on the Pokemon and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. The last movie was all about proving one's self, but this one is about finding a home. From the flashbacks, we see the FIRST humans that this Mewtwo saw were scientists smiling at her while she was in pain while the first Pokemon she saw were ones who saved her. I like the fact that she didn't jump to the "oh ALL humans are evil because the ones who treated me were evil" thought and seems to have used her intelligence. She understands the world that she lives in over time but still chooses to distrust humans in general. She understands that not all of them are evil and they, like Pokemon, deserve to exist with one another but just prefers Pokemon which is why she saves both, and explains the scenes "There are people in there!" and where she saves Ash, Iris, and Cilan along with the Axew and Pikachu but says "I ONLY asked Pikachu and Axew if they were okay..not YOU." Also, you could explain the fact that Ash DOESN'T talk about original Mewtwo in respect for the original...he knew the original liked to keep to himself and was not one to reveal himself which is why he acted like this is the first time he saw "Newtwo". I hope they do a movie where the two Mewtwos meet and they say "YOU KNOW ASH?!?".
    Ash,for all his faults, does have a deep regard for the Pokemon he knows and will go to lengths for them. I think it was appropriate in this case to keep quiet about the other Mewtwo...just a theory, but the only one I can think of that would fit with his character.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renafan View Post
    I just picked this up yesterday. I was kind of curious who they would use for the new Mewtwo's voice since we're no longer in 4Kids territory. I LOVED the new Mewtwo's voice...she really did a good job portraying the character and was a good successor to Dan Green as well as the original VA of Mewtwo. I also think Ash's VA did really well in this movie. Ash has been really hit or miss for me ever since he came on but the movies have been really good...the Keldeo one and now this. I like these smaller plots they've started doing. With the decreased run times, they're focusing more on the Pokemon and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. The last movie was all about proving one's self, but this one is about finding a home. From the flashbacks, we see the FIRST humans that this Mewtwo saw were scientists smiling at her while she was in pain while the first Pokemon she saw were ones who saved her. I like the fact that she didn't jump to the "oh ALL humans are evil because the ones who treated me were evil" thought and seems to have used her intelligence. She understands the world that she lives in over time but still chooses to distrust humans in general. She understands that not all of them are evil and they, like Pokemon, deserve to exist with one another but just prefers Pokemon which is why she saves both, and explains the scenes "There are people in there!" and where she saves Ash, Iris, and Cilan along with the Axew and Pikachu but says "I ONLY asked Pikachu and Axew if they were okay..not YOU." Also, you could explain the fact that Ash DOESN'T talk about original Mewtwo in respect for the original...he knew the original liked to keep to himself and was not one to reveal himself which is why he acted like this is the first time he saw "Newtwo". I hope they do a movie where the two Mewtwos meet and they say "YOU KNOW ASH?!?".
    Ash,for all his faults, does have a deep regard for the Pokemon he knows and will go to lengths for them. I think it was appropriate in this case to keep quiet about the other Mewtwo...just a theory, but the only one I can think of that would fit with his character.
    If you want a better-rounded feel to the whole early Mewtwo story, there was a prequel to this aired two days before the movie premiered in Japan. You can find it subtitled in a few places around the internet, including YouTube.

  16. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    If I had to guess, I would guess Yuko Minaguchi was Chill Drive Genesect, because that voice sounded completely unlike any of these other actors who have played often on the show.
    Late (just saw the movie), but I'm willing to bet Minaguchi redubbed Eevee's voice for the international dubs to avoid contract issues.

  17. #142

    Default

    I dunno. Part of me still wants to say that this mewtwo is different from the original one. Both Mega mewtwos are said to appear in the next movie. We know that Female!Mewtwo has the Y stone. I think it would be interesting if Male!Mewtwo had the X stone. Of course, the same goes for Charizard, so.

    That being said, if they did entirely retconn Mewtwo, they did a good job, but I wouldn't put it past either Plasma or Flare to try to recreate one of the most powerful pokemon ever.

    FS (Psychic) Espurr - -
    MOST DESIRED POKE

    Shines (Sliggoo) (Klefki)
    4iv (Skiddo)
    5iv (Goomy) (Klefki) (Litleo)
    I take breeding requests!

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Late (just saw the movie), but I'm willing to bet Minaguchi redubbed Eevee's voice for the international dubs to avoid contract issues.
    You're right, the voice is slightly different. I just compared both versions side by side, the Japanese version is deeper.

    Bulbapedia sources Twitter as the source confirming that Yuko Minaguchi voiced the Chill Drive Genesect, but not a specific account. I'll have to do some more checking.

    EDIT: Tom Wayland is the source. Yuko Minaguchi is definitely the Chill Drive Genesect.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 12th January 2014 at 5:20 AM.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I can understand why the Mewtwos were different personality-wise. The one created by Team Rocket was put through a lot more pain and subjugation, like wearing the bind suit, and as a result became very dark. It does lighten up at the end of the movie and the special. This new one escaped before that happened and is willing to save Pokemon from danger, humans are just collateral. Also the new one tells humans to forget seeing it, where as the original Mewtwo wiped their memories.

    I was still kind of hoping for Ash to mention to the new Mewtwo about the other one, even if just briefly.

  20. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vogon View Post
    I was still kind of hoping for Ash to mention to the new Mewtwo about the other one, even if just briefly.
    Just saying "Hey, do you know this other Mewtwo?" will most likely cause the original one to show up in the movie. Anime universe logic follows that.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Live From Paris
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    This was a pretty good movie. My only gripes were Mewtwo's voice (just that the original Mewtwo was clearly a guy and this being the same Mewtwo having a girl's voice) and Genesect sounding like a little kid.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This was a pretty good movie. My only gripes were Mewtwo's voice (just that the original Mewtwo was clearly a guy and this being the same Mewtwo having a girl's voice) and Genesect sounding like a little kid.
    I'm pretty sure these are different Mewtwo's. Personality wise they seem too different to be the same one.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This was a pretty good movie. My only gripes were Mewtwo's voice (just that the original Mewtwo was clearly a guy and this being the same Mewtwo having a girl's voice) and Genesect sounding like a little kid.
    This isn't the same Mewtwo. The first Mewtwo never got to the experimentation because he blew up the lab the moment they mentioned the idea of it. The 2nd one actually got further and was even electrocuted which resulted in it blowing up the lab.

    Also the first mewtwo actually realised the the right path after seeing Ash twice.

    This new Mewtwo realised the right path because the Pokemon helped it when it was injured.

    The second mewtwo didn't meet Giovanni. If it did, it would have shown it in the flashbacks but not once did Giovanni ever show in the flashbacks.
    The 2nd mewtwo while had a similar start with it's creation started having differences the moment it was experimented on.

    The 2 mewtwo's personalities are completely different. The first mewtwo is calm and collected and tends to wonder about it's direction. He's always in thought deciding on his path.

    The 2nd Mewtwo is more energetic which is displayed by it's competitive nature in trying to go as high as the earth allows to test it's strength and also displays a personality that is very different to that of the first mewtwo. She more out with it and seems to have a different thinking direction to the first mewtwo.

    Put together by me.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Power of Pika View Post
    This isn't the same Mewtwo. The first Mewtwo never got to the experimentation because he blew up the lab the moment they mentioned the idea of it. The 2nd one actually got further and was even electrocuted which resulted in it blowing up the lab.

    Also the first mewtwo actually realised the the right path after seeing Ash twice.

    This new Mewtwo realised the right path because the Pokemon helped it when it was injured.

    The second mewtwo didn't meet Giovanni. If it did, it would have shown it in the flashbacks but not once did Giovanni ever show in the flashbacks.
    The 2nd mewtwo while had a similar start with it's creation started having differences the moment it was experimented on.

    The 2 mewtwo's personalities are completely different. The first mewtwo is calm and collected and tends to wonder about it's direction. He's always in thought deciding on his path.

    The 2nd Mewtwo is more energetic which is displayed by it's competitive nature in trying to go as high as the earth allows to test it's strength and also displays a personality that is very different to that of the first mewtwo. She more out with it and seems to have a different thinking direction to the first mewtwo.
    This. Also, if it was the same Mewtwo, he would have known Ash and he would have been concerned for him as well. Mewtwo is now a good friend of Ash iirc.

    Also, anyone else think there was a significant difference in power between Mewtwo and Newtwo? Mewtwo seemed a lot more powerfull with his psychic attacks and teleporting an entire lake. However, Newtwo seemed a bit faster even when not Mega evolved.

    I hope Mewtwo and Newtwo will meet in a future movie.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Just watched the movie probably a week ago.

    To be honest, I didn't really like it. It was really understandable, but just how some ways the characters acted, they are really just weird to me...

    One, really important to me, was Mewtwo. I'm always wondering how Mewtwo started to protect Pokemon with all her (or its) life. It seems weird, as I thought Mewtwo would be friendly to Ash, since it would recognize him. But it seems to me as if it just first met Ash. I mean, such as with Girintina, in M12, Girintina remembered Ash after flying with him in the Torn World.

    SHINIES



    DRAGON EGGS


    Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •