Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Genesect & The Legend Awakened (M16)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoViolet View Post
    Different individual. Different Mewtwo. Not the same one. As female as a genderless species can be.

Okay, can someone finally be able to tell me...who's her english voice? Who dubbed her? I don't get CN, so I'll have to find this elsewhere for now.
    I only got to watch the first 30 minutes at work so I'll have to watch it on tape at home to confirm that it really IS a different Mewtwo. If what you said is true... Then this Mewtwo and the one we know and love went through very similer circumstances.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I'm okay with there being multiple Mewtwo. That's perfectly reasonable to me.

The thing that let this movie down for me was the Genesect, inconsistently switching between Pokemon noises and (in Douse Drive's case especially) horrific voice acting. Legendary Pokemon just should not talk, it ruins the movies, psychic types it makes sense because they can be telepathic and I suppose it makes sense for Arceus but that's it really, I mean can you imagine if Dialga, Palkia and Giratina spoke in the Arceus movie? This movie was enjoyable and had a good story but there was room for improvement in such simple ways in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I only got to watch the first 30 minutes at work so I'll have to watch it on tape at home to confirm that it really IS a different Mewtwo. If what you said is true... Then this Mewtwo and the one we know and love went through very similer circumstances.
    Let's just say that the truth was an exceedingly difficult thing for many people to swallow back in July...and since! I've seen it in Japanese. I am interested in hearing the English voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoViolet View Post
    Let's just say that the truth was an exceedingly difficult thing for many people to swallow back in July...and since! I've seen it in Japanese. I am interested in hearing the English voice.
    Miriam Pultro does a good job of emulating Reiko Takashima and capturing the sort of bad-tempered compassion this Mewtwo has. I was impressed.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I nearly died laughing when I heard the red one's voice, i'd recognize the Utrom Shredder anywhere^^

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I nearly died laughing when I heard the red one's voice, i'd recognize the Utrom Shredder anywhere^^

*Laughs* Oh no. Really?!

I've got to hear it.

As for Miriam's voice, I went and looked up a reel with clips of her acting. If our new Mewtwo sounds anything like that, then yes, I'm interested in seeing the english version.
    Last edited by ZeoViolet; 20th October 2013 at 2:34 AM.

Miriam Pultro huh i thought it was setphine young voice of nico robin from one piece the deep calm voice made me think of nico robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefan 2000 View Post
    Miriam Pultro huh i thought it was setphine young voice of nico robin from one piece the deep calm voice made me think of nico robin.
    I was anticipating Colleen Clinkenbeard, but Miriam Pultro sounded quite close to what I had hoped for.

She played Caitlin in BW, for information's sake.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

The movie was okay but just didn't like a few things about it.

-the fact that it was an entirely different Mewtwo other than the one we all know. Plus no kind of explanation as to how and why.

-Ash acting all surprised like he never even saw Mewtwo before. Or question if its the same one he knew before and since it wasn't, acknowledge the fact that there are two out there.

To me it would have been better if the original Mewtwo was in this movie instead of a female version. I don't get why the Pokemon creators decided to go this route and probably never will but I was disappointed in this movie. And I haven't felt this way since the Pokemon ranger one with Manaphy.

One of my all-time favorite Pokemon ruined.

What I find stupid about this movie is how it promotes one Mewtwo Megaform and not the other.

I get the feeling the "real" Mewtwo might Megaevolve into the other one. So there's a chance we may see the return of our beloved Mewtwo in the future.

Fine movie. Mewtwo was definitely different than before, having a female voice, but multiple Mewtwo is fine with me. Genesect are all cool, but it's just that they seem annoying at first since they weren't able to understand. And since we also have Mega Mewtwo Y featured, I hope Mega Mewtwo X gets featured in an upcoming movie or something. And maybe the same for Charizard, but I think that's unlikely. Or is Pokémon Origins taking care of that?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    What I find stupid about this movie is how it promotes one Mewtwo Megaform and not the other.

I get the feeling the "real" Mewtwo might Megaevolve into the other one. So there's a chance we may see the return of our beloved Mewtwo in the future.
    It only promotes Mega Mewtwo Y because this movie was released in Japan back in July, when Mega Evolution was not known yet and it was thought that this was simply a Mewtwo's alternate forme by unexplained means.

This movie was decent..my favorite part was when the regular Pokemon started over powering the Genesect.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I think he'll appear in the anime.

The reasoning for the different Mewtwo is most likely because the Mega formes are meant to give Mewtwo a gender. The Y forme is more feminine than the X forme, so they had a new Mewtwo with a feminine voice in order to connect it.

...except that the Mega Evolutions don't affect Mewtwo's gender at all?

Also let us appreciate the irony in Y being the feminine Evo and not X.

And I'm sure the idea for having a different Mewtwo was so that it could start fresh, as it were. Unfortunately it happened to be THE worst Pokémon to do that to and they didn't explain its origins at all.

It's pretty telling when the original got a radio drama AND a prologue/prequel to explain its origins in depth and Newtwo didn't even get an expanded backstory in its own prologue.
    Last edited by Spin Attaxx; 20th October 2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I still feel like the movie was the highlight of the Pokemon marathon. Seeing Ash be all serious in the movie, only to see him go back to childish in the X and Y sneak peek hurt me inside.

Really let ask ourselves about this. Why was the first Mewtwo not in this movie? It is because that it wouldn't make any sense why the first Mewtwo is there in the first place. I feel the first Mewtwo wouldn't be in a moving around to much because it want to left alone with it clones

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Really let ask ourselves about this. Why was the first Mewtwo not in this movie? It is because that it wouldn't make any sense why the first Mewtwo is there in the first place. I feel the first Mewtwo wouldn't be in a moving around to much because it want to left alone with it clones
    You clearly didn't watch Mewtwo Returns where the ending has Mewtwo separate from his clone friends so they could all do what they want to do. And one of the things Mewtwo decided to do when he separated from his clones was travel the world by moonlight. It would make perfect sense if Mewtwo was in New Tork City.

Nope, nope, nope a whole lot of hell no.

I watched a few minutes of it, heard Mewtwo's voice and said oh hell to the no and turned of the tv.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    And I'm sure the idea for having a different Mewtwo was so that it could start fresh, as it were. Unfortunately it happened to be THE worst Pokémon to do that to and they didn't explain its origins at all.

It's pretty telling when the original got a radio drama AND a prologue/prequel to explain its origins in depth and Newtwo didn't even get an expanded backstory in its own prologue.
    Did it need it? The first Mewtwo was Team Rocket's attempt at cloning Mew, it's feasible that the theory and research into cloning Mew was widely known within the scientific circle and so a lot of different branches of scientists could have attempted it. I mean what would have knowing the identity of the scientists who created this Mewtwo have really added to the story?

Heres hoping they make a new movie where original mewtwo turns into mewtwo x and meets new mewtwo who's mewtwo y and they come up with a good plot. only reason really to make a new mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    I mean what would have knowing the identity of the scientists who created this Mewtwo have really added to the story?
    It would have added a little more humanity & theatricality to the story, and it would have at least matched the effort and heart put into the original Mewtwo's story, as well as not make the scientists Deus Ex Machinas or last-minute additions. Like, for sake of example, maybe the scientists were subcontracted by Team Flare and their scientist (you'll know who when you see that person in X and Y) to research Mega Evolution, adding some cross-promotion for X and Y, and not making Mewtwotwo (OK, I'll stop using that nickname) quite as random.

...if I may take the opportunity to say so, and on a note not related to the quote, I actually like Miriam Pultro as...the second Mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    You clearly didn't watch Mewtwo Returns where the ending has Mewtwo separate from his clone friends so they could all do what they want to do. And one of the things Mewtwo decided to do when he separated from his clones was travel the world by moonlight. It would make perfect sense if Mewtwo was in New Tork City.
    Yes, but from both Movie 1 and Mewtwo Returns, that Mewtwo sees Ash as a trustworthy person.

The Mewtwo in this movie did not, at least not until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteMonta View Post
    I still feel like the movie was the highlight of the Pokemon marathon. Seeing Ash be all serious in the movie, only to see him go back to childish in the X and Y sneak peek hurt me inside.
    Being excited for a couple of a seconds entering a region after being on what looks like a two day flight is wrong?

Any ways, it was kind of disappointing...I miss the original Mewtwo I guess, for some reason they felt this way would be better instead of just brining back the one we all love, oh well. I did like what Ash did in the film pretty cool and the animation was amazing, some cool scenes. Over all, so and so film.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Well, I finally found it and got to see it for myself in English.

I have to say...the translation did impress me.

Red Genesect's voice...not so much. Grated on my ears.

Douse Drive Genesect? D'awww. She sounded adorable! I have to hand it to them here. It had the effect on me the Japanese voice had. A similar feel.

Mewtwo's English voice? Suits her. While I wish she had been a bit softer-spoken, a driven voice for a determined pokemon who doesn't back down....yeah. I admit it fits.

There were some wedges of cheese in there. But overall I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd go into more detail but...man am I sleepy...

Oh, and Ash imitating in English a child crying looking for its lost Mom....that was freakin' HILARIOUS!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast