Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Genesect & The Legend Awakened (M16)

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy18 View Post
    Just watched the movie probably a week ago.

To be honest, I didn't really like it. It was really understandable, but just how some ways the characters acted, they are really just weird to me...

One, really important to me, was Mewtwo. I'm always wondering how Mewtwo started to protect Pokemon with all her (or its) life. It seems weird, as I thought Mewtwo would be friendly to Ash, since it would recognize him. But it seems to me as if it just first met Ash. I mean, such as with Girintina, in M12, Girintina remembered Ash after flying with him in the Torn World.
    You do realize this is a different Mewtwo altogether, right? Even the movie points it out several times.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    You do realize this is a different Mewtwo altogether, right? Even the movie points it out several times.
    The question I have, since it's clearly a different Mewtwo... is how did they make another one? All the scientists who worked on the one TRUE Mewtwo died. When did they have time to make another?

(And when I say clearly, the original had a much deeper masculine voice, than the obvious feminine one this one had.)

Actually, what raises even more questions, is how does Mewtwo get mega stones? It's not a natural Pokemon, it's manmade. So either Megastones are Manmade, or something made it just for that pokemon and it must have done so very recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.JimmyRustles View Post
    The question I have, since it's clearly a different Mewtwo... is how did they make another one? All the scientists who worked on the one TRUE Mewtwo died. When did they have time to make another?

(And when I say clearly, the original had a much deeper masculine voice, than the obvious feminine one this one had.)

Actually, what raises even more questions, is how does Mewtwo get mega stones? It's not a natural Pokemon, it's manmade. So either Megastones are Manmade, or something made it just for that pokemon and it must have done so very recently.
    Take in mind that this was the writers knowing absolutely nothing about the Mega Evolution mechanic before it was made public (though of course they were told about it, maybe even knowing the mechanic but still wanted to let femMewtwo go trainer-less), so you may as well pretend that femMewtwo here was changing formes at will.

Alternatively, those experiments somehow channeled all that strange energy theory that made Mega Stones, but that's just stretching it.

I still call the Red Genesect "Shredder" Genesect in the dub version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.JimmyRustles View Post
    The real question should be "How did they get the exact same cloning and gene splicing results when all of the notes and information about the original Mewtwo are destroyed and permanently erased from memory?" And the answer is "Because shut up."

Considering they didn't even bother trying to make a motivation for the scientists in this one, my guess is someone got drunk and had the most brilliant idea in the world, and everyone decided to follow along without question believing they wouldn't have to face the consequences because science. Unless they were just doing it for the sake of being evil, but there's no point to it if there's no proof that that was their motivation. It speaks volumes about the competence of the screenwriter and I suppose the director in how much he cared about the end result when we have an entire backstory dedicated to the creation of the original Mewtwo and next-to-zilch on this one.

AuraChannelerChris I think gave a good answer, but it's nothing more than a theory because they never bothered to answer it, not even in the prologue special. We can pretend it's fairy magic and it would still be plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I still call the Red Genesect "Shredder" Genesect in the dub version.
    Heh, I can get behind that.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 30th January 2015 at 9:01 PM.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567