Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin View Post
    Perhaps, but we don't know for sure yet either way. Judging by some of these accounts there's an awful lot of coincidence going on, so instead of dismissing any and all claims I'll try to keep an open mind for a while and see if there's any truth to it Tipping is in the game for a reason, so it'd be nice to know what the reason is, even if it's not boosting one's shiny encounter rate!
    This. I don't know how people can say it's rubbish when nothing has been confirmed or can be confirmed yet. It'll be a few months until shiny rates are discovered properly, so until then I'll have fun trying new tricks!
    Friend Code 1263-6698-4911 (Evie) (Pokémon X)
    Psychic Safari (Abra/Espurr/Duosion)

I'm kind of surprised they added these false patches to the pokeradar. Its not like it was exactly easy to get chains of 30-40 before, I know I would try and hardly ever get past 25. Not to mention the fact there are hardly any patches of grass where its square and perfect for pokeradaring except in the safari, and then they don't even let you use pokeradar. But at the same time I guess I don't mind shiny pokemon being hard to get, that's the way it should be.

On a different note, I'm not sure if hordes actually do increase shiny chances or its just the fact that there are 5 pokemon in them but I already got a shiny wingull and shiny foongus from them and I've never had what I would say good luck with shinies. It seems from what everyone's been saying that maybe shiny chances are increased in hordes, its hard to say for sure. I also got pokerus which I've never gotten before so I'm a little shocked at my luck if the odds haven't changed.
    King of Wurmples

So my Shiny Super Size Pumpkaboo finally hatched, I love it so much

Decided to check out Friend Safari straight after, and around 6 battles in I found a Shiny Poliwhirl. Politoed is one of my favourite pokemon, so getting a shiny one is just amazing. 2 shinies in under an hour, after playing the game for around 100 hours and not finding one.

Do hoard-only Pokemon show up on the radar? Has anyone done this?
    Black 2 FC: 0992 3789 7083
    "Hopeless, not heartless."

It's really lame that you can't use the Pokeradar in flower patches, as that effectively excludes dozens of Pokemon from being able to chained.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's really lame that you can't use the Pokeradar in flower patches, as that effectively excludes dozens of Pokemon from being able to chained.
    you can, just did it with an eevee chain on R 10.
    Playing Pokemon Y

3DS Friend Code: 0920-0284-5002 - PM me so I can add you back.

Safari Type: Ground. Pokemon found within: Trapinch, Camerupt, Diggersby

Just as I was about to give up on trying to get shiny Fraxure I finally got one So happy
    3DS FC: 1719-4338-7555
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fighting Type - Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin View Post
    Perhaps, but we don't know for sure yet either way. Judging by some of these accounts there's an awful lot of coincidence going on, so instead of dismissing any and all claims I'll try to keep an open mind for a while and see if there's any truth to it Tipping is in the game for a reason, so it'd be nice to know what the reason is, even if it's not boosting one's shiny encounter rate!
    I always tip really high, and my first encounter with an Horsea in this game happened to be a shiny...
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    Is this confirmed?
    i can confirm that yes, there are shaking pokeradar grasses that contain no pokemon and break your chain. it's happened quite a few times to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Redgrave View Post
    you can, just did it with an eevee chain on R 10.
    Weird. It kept giving me the message that I couldn't use it at the time.

I wasn't using my skates or bike at the time, either.

You can. My first assignment from the pokeradar scientist was to chain flabebe, and I chained in the yellow and purple flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtastic View Post
    You can. My first assignment from the pokeradar scientist was to chain flabebe, and I chained in the yellow and purple flowers.
    How come it doesn't work for me or other people though?
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

The only reason I can think of is that you were maybe on your skates, even if you just forgot you were? That's the only time I've had a problem with it, besides not actually being in the flowers or grass.

Caught my first shiny yesterday Shiny mega garchomp looks badass

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtastic View Post
    What is the purpose of these missions? Do you have to catch a shiny of the specified pokemon and does he give you any kind of prize/enhancement for completing them?

Encountered a Shiny Onix, looking for a female Mawile in Glittering Cave... Eh. It's cool, certainly, but I also caught a shiny Steelix in Platinum a year or two back (also female, also crappy nature, also crappy IVs and also crappy ability) so I'm not terribly amused. >_>

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by erox View Post
    What is the purpose of these missions? Do you have to catch a shiny of the specified pokemon and does he give you any kind of prize/enhancement for completing them?
    It actually explains this on the website:

"After defeating the Elite Four, you can receive the PokeRadar from one of the scientists in his lab. Once you have it, each day the scientist will give you a specific target to encounter using it. If you return having encountered them, he will give you an item such as an Ultra Ball."

Weird. It kept giving me the message that I couldn't use it at the time.

I wasn't using my skates or bike at the time, either.
    i have it happen before in grass, don;t know what is causing it. Maybe its a random glitch, but make sure you are on foot (i keep on using the stick without thinking and have broken soo meany chains so far by jumping on my skates), and make sure you are not pressed up against a rock/wall or something, it may cause the game to think that you are not in the grass/flowers.
    Playing Pokemon Y

3DS Friend Code: 0920-0284-5002 - PM me so I can add you back.

Safari Type: Ground. Pokemon found within: Trapinch, Camerupt, Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by erox View Post
    it's a new pokemon he requests everyday. i believe he wants you to chain and catch as many of the pokemon he requests as you can. no need to be a shiny. you do get a prize, i can't remember what it was, nothing too fancy. you might get something better if you catch more though, i only caught a couple

Is it just me or does it seem like most people encounter Shinys in the Friend Safari? There's a guy on Youtube who has found like 14 shinys in the Friend Safari in 3 days.
    You are Loki! Loki is a Frost Giant. The god of mischief and trickery. He killed his friend Baldr and will lead the giants in starting Ragnarök (the end of the world)

The Shiny Charm is MINE!

Think you can take on the Night?

Default just caught my first shiny - ever

shiny.jpg

Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    We've seen Shiny patches with it that had Shinies in them, so yes, it's undeniably confirmed.
    Nice, did anyone take pictures of those yet? I'm interested in seeing what they look like.

So has anyone had the music change for them when using the pokeradar? I know it changes when you're on a chain but sometimes the tempo will kick up and it will switch to a whole other sort of urgent sounding music. Anyone figured out what that means?

Everyone finding shinies... for me, no trace of any yet. :C

First MM shiny! Luxury Ball, Brave, 31/31/31/x/31/0
    FC: 5284 2722 8575

P o k e m o n X

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Nice, did anyone take pictures of those yet? I'm interested in seeing what they look like.
    Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_eDO...r_embedded#t=0

MOTHER3 cameo in HG/SS =0

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast