Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Shiny Swift Swim Poliwhirl in a luxury ball I love the Friend Safari, first shiny I've caught since Platinum.
    My 3DS friend code is 2793-0848-1526 and my IGN is Griffin!

And here I am having only 2 non-linear encounters with shinies over a nine year period of playing Pokemon... Exeggcute in the FR Safari Zone and Marill on Sevi Island 6... Maybe the tiping theory is true, I never tip the waiters (Usually bad service) and haven't found any shinies after dozens of hordes.
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

A friend of mine managed to hit a chain of 40 and get a shiny, and he had the following observations:

- 4-space rule doesn't seem to apply; you just need to enter a bush that shakes identically to the one you first stepped into
    - Edges may be safe (interesting if so, and would explain why there aren't so many large patches of grass then - but assume not if not testing)
    - Bushes that rustle a tiny amount will kill the chain if stepped on

Hope that helps you guys. I'll be trying the Pokeradar out myself, but I won't beat the game anytime soon. =/

Still not convinced by tipping. You won't hear stories of people saying 'I didn't tip so-and-so, and found a shiny!' after all. =p Plus there's millions of players, so there's going to be a bunch of shiny Pokemon found, particularly with the likes of hordes (5 chances at once!). If it's not mentioned in a guide, it'll be a very hard thing to verify too.
    Tipping is in the game for a reason, so it'd be nice to know what the reason is, even if it's not boosting one's shiny encounter rate!
    There was a donate hearts (currency of the game) in Kid Icarus: Uprising feature too. That did absolutely nothing bar have a character walk towards the screen. So I wouldn't be too quick to say that tipping is in for a (useful) reason. =p
    Last edited by bobandbill; 20th October 2013 at 1:23 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join for the post blitz and events now!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Cheating? In my VGC? We look into the World VGC 'Ray Rizzo event' last month and more.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    A friend of mine managed to hit a chain of 40 and get a shiny, and he had the following observations:

- 4-space rule doesn't seem to apply; you just need to enter a bush that shakes identically to the one you first stepped into
    - Edges are safe (interesting if so, and would explain why there aren't so many large patches of grass then)
    - Bushes that rustle a tiny amount will kill the chain if stepped on

Hope that helps you guys. I'll be trying the Pokeradar out myself, but I won't beat the game anytime soon. =/

Still not convinced by tipping. You won't hear stories of people saying 'I didn't tip so-and-so, and found a shiny!' after all. =p Plus there's millions of players, so there's going to be a bunch of shiny Pokemon found, particularly with the likes of hordes (5 chances at once!). If it's not mentioned in a guide, it'll be a very hard thing to verify too.
    There was a donate hearts (currency of the game) in Kid Icarus: Uprising feature too. That did absolutely nothing bar have a character walk towards the screen. So I wouldn't be too quick to say that tipping is in for a (useful) reason. =p
    Interesting.

I got my Pancham chain to 40 earlier, nabbed a shiny, then ran out of repels. =_=; Was hoping for at least 2.

The 4-patches shaking/4-patches away rules have definitely been removed. Been trying this the past hour or so and its just as you've noted as well, keep to the same bush type and you'll be fine.

I must disagree about the 'edges are safe' observation though. I say this because seemingly they are sometimes safe, but, sometimes not. I just had a 16 Skiddo chain break after going to an edge patch. It initiated the battle fine etc, but when it ended, no patches rustled (they must have all geographically fallen off-grass, in regards to the games mechanics).

Corner patches are also pretty dodgy as well, same reason as above.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

This is what I've been thinking too. If anything I would think it makes you more stylish is all. Thanks for those tips too, I've definitely found that going for identical shakes works much better than the older method. I've so far reached a chain of 35 which broke when I stepped on the wrong shaking piece of grass and haven't really tried to go at it again. Will do now, though!
    Lost.

I must disagree about the 'edges are safe' observation though. I say this because seemingly they are sometimes safe, but, sometimes not. I just had a 16 Skiddo chain break after going to an edge patch. It initiated the battle fine etc, but when it ended, no patches rustled (they must have all geographically fallen off-grass, in regards to the games mechanics).
    Hmm, probably best to assume edges can break chains then. It could be that my friend just got lucky is all, but if people are willing to do further testing... =p

Current article: Cheating? In my VGC? We look into the World VGC 'Ray Rizzo event' last month and more.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Hmm, probably best to assume edges can break chains then. It could be that my friend just got lucky is all, but if people are willing to do further testing... =p
    I've been doing most of my testing within the first 20 of a chain (so I dont get too annoyed if it breaks).

Typically, just as I made my last post, an Abra broke my chain for no apparent reason. Started again though. Ignoring the two '4 patch' rules makes things so much faster for the first 10-20 chains. Will keep investigating!

always forgetting to record my streak...but i had a 21 streak broken by a swirlix -_-
    CubMilitia

DWF: (Black 1)
    DWF:

White 2 FC: 0605-4535-7783

3DS FC: 1435 3966 1591

Quote Originally Posted by DKDG View Post
    always forgetting to record my streak...but i had a 21 streak broken by a swirlix -_-
    Computer next to the guy that gives you the radar keeps track of your 3(?) best chains

I just use pen & paper for active chains (tally style).

Started a Skiddo chain at 2:00AM (It's now 2:08AM), currently on 13. So just over 1 a minute. So far so good.

Is breeding, Masuda Method, the best way to get shinies?
    Or would poke radar be better?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Personally the way I kept track of chains in 4th gen was to go by the used PP. Assuming 1HKOs, one used move = 1 on the chain, so that saved me keeping paper or looking at the app for it, and just focus on the steps one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    If you have the Poké Radar method down pretty well I'd say it's probably better. But Masuda Method can be easier despite being a little more time consuming.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Its all down to preference.

Masuda Method is a 4/8192 chance of getting a shiny. And you can pretty much control IVs and other things like that if you're using the right parents. It's lengthy though and once you get one shiny, there's no guarantee you'll get more any time soon.

Chaining is 1/8192 (Using the old chance rate for reference, although its rumoured to have changed) if you chain up to 40. At which point it becomes 4/200 (due to 4 patches), or, as it also is, 1/50. Keep resetting here and you'll get shinies (I say 'shinies' because you have a better chance of getting multiples after 40) easier. The 'build up' is harder though, chaining takes practice.

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    I just use pen & paper for active chains (tally style).

Started a Skiddo chain at 2:00AM (It's now 2:08AM), currently on 13. So just over 1 a minute. So far so good.
    Are you just going for matching grass shakes instead of the 4-7 spaces rule?

After a couple of hours of using the Poke Radar to no luck, I've decided to find a foreign Ditto. Found a Korean one. Now it's time to try and find a Shiny Froakie!

FC: 2337 4175 7374 IGN: Alison

Spoiler:- Banner Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by HollowZard View Post
    After a couple of hours of using the Poke Radar to no luck, I've decided to find a foreign Ditto. Found a Korean one. Now it's time to try and find a Shiny Froakie!
    Guys posts about just shiny pokemon in general go here

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...l-Shiny-Thread

This thread is for talking about the Pokeradar and finding shiny Pokemon WITH the Pokeradar. Posts unrelated to the Pokeradar don't belong here.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

EDIT: Sorry. I found 3 shiny pancham yesterday with two chains of 40 and 45. Used repels and Im running low on cash...
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

Quote Originally Posted by VIA View Post
    EDIT: Sorry. I found 3 shiny pancham yesterday with two chains of 40 and 45. Used repels and Im running low on cash...
    Where did you do these chains? Sounds like you did it in a pretty bountiful area.

I myself am farming hordes for shinies. None yet, however, and I've switched areas a couple times. I'm currently doing it in Terminus Cave, in the second section of it (B1F?). I've got a Magnet Pull Magneton with a Smoke Ball in the front just to attract Durant and Aron, my two targets (I'd like either one).

Chains for me haven't been so good, my highest was maybe 8 Litleos.
    Last edited by V4LOVER; 20th October 2013 at 3:16 AM.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post

This thread is for talking about the Pokeradar and finding shiny Pokemon WITH the Pokeradar. Posts unrelated to the Pokeradar don't belong here.
    Ahem.

Please don't mini mod, especially if you're telling people incorrect info! Sure, this thread is for the Pokeradar, and there is an official shiny Pokemon thread, but people can talk about general Shiny Pokemon found in the 6th gen here too. Heck, the thread title is Shiny Pokemon and Pokeradar Thread.

Besides, other gens have their own shiny Pokemon thread too. E.g. 5th gen thread, and 3rd gen thread. The Pokemon General Discussion thread is for all gens, but doesn't replace those.

In other words - as long as you're talking about shiny Pokemon found in X&Y, it's fine to talk about them here.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post

It says Shiny Pokemon & Poke Radar thread. It's all fine it seems.

Anyway, it looks like the only way for me to get a shiny Aurorus is through masuda method. Unless Amaura is somehow in the wild.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Managed to get a shiny Tyrunt on the ninth try! I don't have a phone to show but the brown part of the regular Pokémon are blue while the orange parts and the jaw/belly area of it have turned to silver. I feel like nicknaming it Zwei since by the time it hatched one of the songs of Panzer Dragoon Zwei just finished as if it was making a grand entrance!
    NNID:RainbowKirby (StarKirby) 3DS Friend Code:1349-4661-3134 AC:New Leaf Dream Suite:4500-2347-0072

Quote Originally Posted by V4LOVER View Post
    Where did you do these chains? Sounds like you did it in a pretty bountiful area.

I myself am farming hordes for shinies. None yet, however, and I've switched areas a couple times. I'm currently doing it in Terminus Cave, in the second section of it (B1F?). I've got a Magnet Pull Magneton with a Smoke Ball in the front just to attract Durant and Aron, my two targets (I'd like either one).

Chains for me haven't been so good, my highest was maybe 8 Litleos.
    Does using Honey/Sweet Scent simply make hordes more common or does it guarantee them? I kind of prefer doing random encounters myself as opposed to breeding or chaining so a promise of 5 Pokemon at a time would be great.
    If not then the word is that shinies are more common in Friend Safari...I'm usually opposed to the idea of shiny chances increasing but the amount of people finding a shiny quickly or finding several shinies in a few days is remarkable. It's common to have people think chances have gone up but this seems consistent and isn't just coincidence of a couple lucky people posting. Friends of mine have found them in Safari as well so I'm starting to lean towards that as my first shiny hunt location.
    Lost.

I tried out the Poké Radar a bit ago, and didn't really have any luck with it (max chain of 5). So I turned my attention to using my Slurpuff to Sweet Scent some horde encounters on Route 15 (cause the music is MARVELOUS). I am now the happy owner of a shiny Murkrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndayday View Post
    Does using Honey/Sweet Scent simply make hordes more common or does it guarantee them? I kind of prefer doing random encounters myself as opposed to breeding or chaining so a promise of 5 Pokemon at a time would be great.
    If not then the word is that shinies are more common in Friend Safari...I'm usually opposed to the idea of shiny chances increasing but the amount of people finding a shiny quickly or finding several shinies in a few days is remarkable. It's common to have people think chances have gone up but this seems consistent and isn't just coincidence of a couple lucky people posting. Friends of mine have found them in Safari as well so I'm starting to lean towards that as my first shiny hunt location.
    Yep, honey and sweet scent are guaranteed hordes

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast