Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

So in my friend safari you can find a ivysaur right....I was on skype with a friend and he found a shiny ivysaur in my safari xD

I found a shiny weepinbell myself some time ago. c:
    Last edited by Atome; 20th October 2013 at 9:16 AM. Reason: spelling error

Current MM hunt

(Quilladin/Ivysaur/Tangela)
    Message me if you want to swap FCs!

Quote Originally Posted by Atome View Post
    So in my friend safari you can find a ivysaur right....I was on skype with a friend and he found a shiny ivysaur in my safari xD

I found a shiny weepinbell myself some time ago. c:
    I wish you could use the Pokeradar in the safari... I'd definitely be going for a shiny Ninetails there. xD

Oh well, Masuda Method for me.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5241 - 2157 - 5315(Name: Zach)
    Pokemon in my Safari: Larvesta, Pansear, Fletchinder
    I'm currently looking for a non-event: Kyurem
    I'm currently looking for event: Shaymin, Deoxys
    5 IV Pokemon I have: Noibat Deino

What is the Friend Safari? I haven't had access to my 3DS since Friday morning and I've only got 7 badges.

Quote Originally Posted by aswertyuiol View Post
    What is the Friend Safari? I haven't had access to my 3DS since Friday morning and I've only got 7 badges.
    I'm not sure if this really counts as a spoiler, but just in case:

Spoiler:- Safari:
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5241 - 2157 - 5315(Name: Zach)
    Pokemon in my Safari: Larvesta, Pansear, Fletchinder
    I'm currently looking for a non-event: Kyurem
    I'm currently looking for event: Shaymin, Deoxys
    5 IV Pokemon I have: Noibat Deino

I found a Shiny Kirlia which is something I've been looking for almost 10 years. Then it used Teleport... Then I found a Shiny Mawile, but it's Timid nature >.< Still, a Shiny is a Shiny. I'm gonna keep looking for another Shiny Kirlia, and this time I'm gonna Master Ball it.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339-2697-2470

I just added someone's Friend Safari because they said there was Ivysaur in it, so I wanted to catch one and the first one I ran into was shiny. Ahhhhh I was not looking for a shiny.

Come Join
    You'll have lots of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Honkfish View Post
    Are you just going for matching grass shakes instead of the 4-7 spaces rule?
    Yep. I used to follow the rule completely (for fear of breaking my chains) but after testing it for multiple chains now, I can confirm it is non-existent. Just keep going for the same type of patch you started with. If in doubt, reset the radar.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that the 'patch bunching' pseudo-rule from 4th Gen is back in play. I.e. if 3 of the 4/5 patches all touch each other, and you go in one of them, it might give you a different Pokemon. Not guaranteed to do this but I'm not taking any risks again.

Had a 21 chain break this morning because of that.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

While breeding I accidently went into the flowers and found a shiny Smeargle, at first I thought it was just my eyes playing up (having lack of sleep and a eye infection) but nope, was shiny... sadly quite a useless one for me.

As for the PokeRadar, finding it more annoying than the previous one but I'll get used to it or level up a whole team to 100 trying!
    3DS FC friend code: 1220-7185-1607
    IGN: Morvoren
    FS - Bug: Venomoth, Ledyba, Beautifly

Started my RE Hunt and MM Hunt last night, I am REing in the friend Safari (Ghost). Trying to get a Shiny Phantump or alternitavely a Shiny Lampent, but I would prefer Phantump! I am MMing for a Shiny Bergmite, my favourite Pokemon of this Gen!

Wish me Luck!

EDIT: Where can you check how many encounters you have done?
    Last edited by tomatohater; 20th October 2013 at 1:37 PM. Reason: Question
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    Yep. I used to follow the rule completely (for fear of breaking my chains) but after testing it for multiple chains now, I can confirm it is non-existent. Just keep going for the same type of patch you started with. If in doubt, reset the radar.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that the 'patch bunching' pseudo-rule from 4th Gen is back in play. I.e. if 3 of the 4/5 patches all touch each other, and you go in one of them, it might give you a different Pokemon. Not guaranteed to do this but I'm not taking any risks again.

Had a 21 chain break this morning because of that.
    Hm I might try that today then. I chained up a 40 streak of Croagunk yesterday and I managed to get a shiny one after about 30 minutes of resetting the radar. I didn't find another one after about 70x max repels and 20~ish super repels. At the end when I'd just about run out I decided to step into the closest matching bush and a volbeat popped up. I don't think it was touching any other bushes but it was pretty late so I might be wrong.

Think I'll go for a shiny Swirlix today.

Any chance anyone have a normal piplup in the game? I'm willing to tradr for one of my shinies!

I am so mad. Got a chain of 40 for Liepard and the next patch I step on was a Watchog. There was nothing I thought was wrong with this patch but it broke my chain before I got a shiny T_T have to start again now after chaining for over two hours and using over 200 max repels. Sake.

Quote Originally Posted by WMHBA View Post
    Any chance anyone have a normal piplup in the game? I'm willing to tradr for one of my shinies!
    Piplups are impossible to get in X & Y at the moment, check back on December 25th when PokeBank launches.

Just got a shiny Wobbuffet in friend safari.

Found myself a Shiny Gabite in Friend Safari. so hyped!

Trying Friend Safari now, could be a Dwebble, Pupitar (I'm in X ), or Rhydon. No luck with Aron or Durant as of right now, sadly.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

So this happened. (Switch to 720p if you can, best quality)

I did note however that after catching this, no other shinies appeared. I used another 50 Max Repels, which equates to 250 Radar Resets. I also pushed the chain to 64. Still nothing. I believe they've changed the mechanics as it was always possible in DPPt to follow the 4/200(1/50) rule when resetting 40+ into a chain. Happy about my shiny but annoyed if they have actually changed the mechanics.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by redphoenix View Post
    I am so mad. Got a chain of 40 for Liepard and the next patch I step on was a Watchog. There was nothing I thought was wrong with this patch but it broke my chain before I got a shiny T_T have to start again now after chaining for over two hours and using over 200 max repels. Sake.
    Why did you enter a patch that wasn't a shiny patch?

I have noticed something small, at the daycare center there are 2 esspurs. But at some point these where 2 SHINY esspurs. They are back to normal now.
    Pokemon Y
    ---------------------------------------------
    KB: Shinies: x2 ;702; ;691;

Proud owner of a UT/UC: 2003 - Repair Program Shiny Zigzagoon.

Flawless:
    Friend code Black 2 : 2151-6418-9614
    Friend code Y: 3239-2288-6738
    Time Zone - GMT+1

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post

So this happened. (Switch to 720p if you can, best quality)

I did note however that after catching this, no other shinies appeared. I used another 50 Max Repels, which equates to 250 Radar Resets. I also pushed the chain to 64. Still nothing. I believe they've changed the mechanics as it was always possible in DPPt to follow the 4/200(1/50) rule when resetting 40+ into a chain. Happy about my shiny but annoyed if they have actually changed the mechanics.
    Yeah I think they changed it so you can only get 1 shiny from a max chain now which is pretty annoying but still. Shiny non the less.

Is it just me, or do all people except for me encounter shinies haha? Haven't bumped into a single one yet, even though I've tried and tried. Maybe one day...
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Yeah just yesterday I walked threw the Reflection cave and then BAM !!! a shiny Wobbefett came up ..... my 1st shiny pokemon ever but then later today I was walking around on route 4 and then BAM !!! low and behold a shiny Skitty showed up .... now is that luck or not I'm just hopeful this luck keeps up now.
    Trust Is The Test Of Love

&

That's Why I Trust My Pokemon

Apparently chaining doesn't go so well for me, can't get past 7 or so lol.
    I know how it works and all that but... yeah.. x'D
    Currently taking a pause and running through a friend safari with ghosts, if luck doesn't strike me here..Well, it's back trying to chain.. x'D
    ~Pokémon breeder since Gen 2~
    Collecting Deoxys. Current count: 8 (as of white 2)
    Looking for Friend Safari with: Metang, Klang, Bronzong + Foretress PM me for my FC
    ~Click Here for my Shiny Card~
    ♥ I have officially claimed Deoxys, no grabby hands~ ♥

Why can't i use the poke radar?It always says not now.Nevermind i had those bloody roller skates on.
    Last edited by Lugar; 20th October 2013 at 5:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugar View Post
    Why can't i use the poke radar?It always says not now.
    Probably needs recharging. If my memory serves me right you'll need around 256 steps or so to recharge it.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast