Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

So in my friend safari you can find a ivysaur right....I was on skype with a friend and he found a shiny ivysaur in my safari xD

I found a shiny weepinbell myself some time ago. c:
    Last edited by Atome; 20th October 2013 at 8:16 AM. Reason: spelling error

Current MM hunt

(Quilladin/Ivysaur/Tangela)
    Message me if you want to swap FCs!

Quote Originally Posted by Atome View Post
    So in my friend safari you can find a ivysaur right....I was on skype with a friend and he found a shiny ivysaur in my safari xD

I found a shiny weepinbell myself some time ago. c:
    I wish you could use the Pokeradar in the safari... I'd definitely be going for a shiny Ninetails there. xD

Oh well, Masuda Method for me.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5241 - 2157 - 5315(Name: Zach)
    Pokemon in my Safari: Larvesta, Pansear, Fletchinder
    I'm currently looking for a non-event: Kyurem
    I'm currently looking for event: Shaymin, Deoxys
    5 IV Pokemon I have: Noibat Deino

What is the Friend Safari? I haven't had access to my 3DS since Friday morning and I've only got 7 badges.

I am an Absol. Do not come near me, do not try to befriend me. I am your doom. I am in love with Darkrai. Do not tell him that.
    You will die. You will all die.

Quote Originally Posted by aswertyuiol View Post
    What is the Friend Safari? I haven't had access to my 3DS since Friday morning and I've only got 7 badges.
    I'm not sure if this really counts as a spoiler, but just in case:

Spoiler:- Safari:
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5241 - 2157 - 5315(Name: Zach)
    Pokemon in my Safari: Larvesta, Pansear, Fletchinder
    I'm currently looking for a non-event: Kyurem
    I'm currently looking for event: Shaymin, Deoxys
    5 IV Pokemon I have: Noibat Deino

I found a Shiny Kirlia which is something I've been looking for almost 10 years. Then it used Teleport... Then I found a Shiny Mawile, but it's Timid nature >.< Still, a Shiny is a Shiny. I'm gonna keep looking for another Shiny Kirlia, and this time I'm gonna Master Ball it.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339-2697-2470

I just added someone's Friend Safari because they said there was Ivysaur in it, so I wanted to catch one and the first one I ran into was shiny. Ahhhhh I was not looking for a shiny.

Hero's Newest Shiny
    Latias and Latios

Quote Originally Posted by Honkfish View Post
    Are you just going for matching grass shakes instead of the 4-7 spaces rule?
    Yep. I used to follow the rule completely (for fear of breaking my chains) but after testing it for multiple chains now, I can confirm it is non-existent. Just keep going for the same type of patch you started with. If in doubt, reset the radar.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that the 'patch bunching' pseudo-rule from 4th Gen is back in play. I.e. if 3 of the 4/5 patches all touch each other, and you go in one of them, it might give you a different Pokemon. Not guaranteed to do this but I'm not taking any risks again.

Had a 21 chain break this morning because of that.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

While breeding I accidently went into the flowers and found a shiny Smeargle, at first I thought it was just my eyes playing up (having lack of sleep and a eye infection) but nope, was shiny... sadly quite a useless one for me.

As for the PokeRadar, finding it more annoying than the previous one but I'll get used to it or level up a whole team to 100 trying!
    3DS FC friend code: 1220-7185-1607
    FS - Bug: Venomoth, Ledyba, Beautifly

Can't wait for Alpha Sapphire, love all the starters so it will be a hard choice to pick one!

Started my RE Hunt and MM Hunt last night, I am REing in the friend Safari (Ghost). Trying to get a Shiny Phantump or alternitavely a Shiny Lampent, but I would prefer Phantump! I am MMing for a Shiny Bergmite, my favourite Pokemon of this Gen!

Wish me Luck!

EDIT: Where can you check how many encounters you have done?
    Last edited by tomatohater; 20th October 2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Question
    Planned ORAS Team:

Sprites Credit to: www.pokestadium.com

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    Yep. I used to follow the rule completely (for fear of breaking my chains) but after testing it for multiple chains now, I can confirm it is non-existent. Just keep going for the same type of patch you started with. If in doubt, reset the radar.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that the 'patch bunching' pseudo-rule from 4th Gen is back in play. I.e. if 3 of the 4/5 patches all touch each other, and you go in one of them, it might give you a different Pokemon. Not guaranteed to do this but I'm not taking any risks again.

Had a 21 chain break this morning because of that.
    Hm I might try that today then. I chained up a 40 streak of Croagunk yesterday and I managed to get a shiny one after about 30 minutes of resetting the radar. I didn't find another one after about 70x max repels and 20~ish super repels. At the end when I'd just about run out I decided to step into the closest matching bush and a volbeat popped up. I don't think it was touching any other bushes but it was pretty late so I might be wrong.

Think I'll go for a shiny Swirlix today.

Any chance anyone have a normal piplup in the game? I'm willing to tradr for one of my shinies!

I am so mad. Got a chain of 40 for Liepard and the next patch I step on was a Watchog. There was nothing I thought was wrong with this patch but it broke my chain before I got a shiny T_T have to start again now after chaining for over two hours and using over 200 max repels. Sake.

Quote Originally Posted by WMHBA View Post
    Any chance anyone have a normal piplup in the game? I'm willing to tradr for one of my shinies!
    Piplups are impossible to get in X & Y at the moment, check back on December 25th when PokeBank launches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajduk View Post
    K, you get the games earlier...I will continue to enjoy my free health care
    Wow, really learned a lesson there xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Canadians: The true winners in this scenario.

Just got a shiny Wobbuffet in friend safari.

Found myself a Shiny Gabite in Friend Safari. so hyped!

Trying Friend Safari now, could be a Dwebble, Pupitar (I'm in X ), or Rhydon. No luck with Aron or Durant as of right now, sadly.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

So this happened. (Switch to 720p if you can, best quality)

I did note however that after catching this, no other shinies appeared. I used another 50 Max Repels, which equates to 250 Radar Resets. I also pushed the chain to 64. Still nothing. I believe they've changed the mechanics as it was always possible in DPPt to follow the 4/200(1/50) rule when resetting 40+ into a chain. Happy about my shiny but annoyed if they have actually changed the mechanics.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by redphoenix View Post
    I am so mad. Got a chain of 40 for Liepard and the next patch I step on was a Watchog. There was nothing I thought was wrong with this patch but it broke my chain before I got a shiny T_T have to start again now after chaining for over two hours and using over 200 max repels. Sake.
    Why did you enter a patch that wasn't a shiny patch?

I have noticed something small, at the daycare center there are 2 esspurs. But at some point these where 2 SHINY esspurs. They are back to normal now.
    Pokemon Y
    ---------------------------------------------
    Shinies: x2

KalosShine:
    Pumpkaboo
    Skrelp

Flawless:
    Friend code Black 2 : 2151-6418-9614
    Friend code Y: 3239-2288-6738
    Time Zone - GMT+1

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post

So this happened. (Switch to 720p if you can, best quality)

I did note however that after catching this, no other shinies appeared. I used another 50 Max Repels, which equates to 250 Radar Resets. I also pushed the chain to 64. Still nothing. I believe they've changed the mechanics as it was always possible in DPPt to follow the 4/200(1/50) rule when resetting 40+ into a chain. Happy about my shiny but annoyed if they have actually changed the mechanics.
    Yeah I think they changed it so you can only get 1 shiny from a max chain now which is pretty annoying but still. Shiny non the less.

Is it just me, or do all people except for me encounter shinies haha? Haven't bumped into a single one yet, even though I've tried and tried. Maybe one day...
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Yeah just yesterday I walked threw the Reflection cave and then BAM !!! a shiny Wobbefett came up ..... my 1st shiny pokemon ever but then later today I was walking around on route 4 and then BAM !!! low and behold a shiny Skitty showed up .... now is that luck or not I'm just hopeful this luck keeps up now.
    Trust Is The Test Of Love

&

That's Why I Trust My Pokemon

Apparently chaining doesn't go so well for me, can't get past 7 or so lol.
    I know how it works and all that but... yeah.. x'D
    Currently taking a pause and running through a friend safari with ghosts, if luck doesn't strike me here..Well, it's back trying to chain.. x'D
    ~Pokémon breeder since Gen 2~
    Collecting Deoxys. Current count: 8 (as of white 2)
    Looking for Friend Safari with: Metang, Klang, Bronzong + Foretress PM me for my FC
    ~Click Here for my Shiny Card~
    ♥ I have officially claimed Deoxys, no grabby hands~ ♥

Why can't i use the poke radar?It always says not now.Nevermind i had those bloody roller skates on.
    Last edited by Lugar; 20th October 2013 at 4:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugar View Post
    Why can't i use the poke radar?It always says not now.
    Probably needs recharging. If my memory serves me right you'll need around 256 steps or so to recharge it.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast