Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Still MMing for that shiny Mawile. Currently at 390 eggs. Does one of the parents holding an Everstone affect the chances at all?
    My Friend Code is: 0919-9978-6682 (Safari is unfortunately a rather bland Fighting type one )
    If you want to add me, shoot me a message with your friend code so I can add you!

Quote Originally Posted by VaneRiven View Post
    Still MMing for that shiny Mawile. Currently at 390 eggs. Does one of the parents holding an Everstone affect the chances at all?
    As far as I'm aware, Everstone only help with keeping the parents nature (and ability?)
    Current In-game Y Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoromori View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Everstone only help with keeping the parents nature (and ability?)
    Just the nature
    IGN: Seldser
    3ds friend code: 2320-6230-5847
    Friend Safari: Bug
    Ledyba, Beautifly, Heracross

Shinies: (Dragalge) (Clawitzer) (Malamar) (Avalugg) (Florges) (Spritzee)x2 -Out of date, to be updated later-
    Dex Comlpetion Y: 719/719 - Shiny Charm obtained!
    Dex Completion AS: 583/719

Alright, so I'm in the process of trying every method in this generation as I'm determined to get a shiny or two, and so far I've no luck.

I've hatched a little more than 300 Phantump eggs, and I'm putting that on hold for a while so I can try this chain fishing business. It's the first I've heard of it, but I'll give it a go and post my results later on.

As for chaining with the pokeradar, I feel like a lot has changed that I just am not grasping yet. I've followed my D/P/Pt method which has netted me a handful of shinies in the past, but all I can manage to reach is a chain of about 17 or less before it breaks consistently. I've even taken other suggestions posted here such as not bothering with the patch 4 tiles away (etc. etc.) but nothing seems to work all too well.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm having an awfully difficult time transitioning from Gen IV's Pokeradar to Gen VI's. Ugh.
    Friend Safari: Dragon - Noibat
    3DS Friend Code: 4871 3691 0469
    Current Shiny Hunt: Phantump (MM) - 400+ eggs hatched
    Offering Calm Chlorophyll 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Bulbasaurs, PM me with offers

Quote Originally Posted by ThatKoolKidOverThere View Post
    Alright, so I'm in the process of trying every method in this generation as I'm determined to get a shiny or two, and so far I've no luck.

I've hatched a little more than 300 Phantump eggs, and I'm putting that on hold for a while so I can try this chain fishing business. It's the first I've heard of it, but I'll give it a go and post my results later on.

As for chaining with the pokeradar, I feel like a lot has changed that I just am not grasping yet. I've followed my D/P/Pt method which has netted me a handful of shinies in the past, but all I can manage to reach is a chain of about 17 or less before it breaks consistently. I've even taken other suggestions posted here such as not bothering with the patch 4 tiles away (etc. etc.) but nothing seems to work all too well.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm having an awfully difficult time transitioning from Gen IV's Pokeradar to Gen VI's. Ugh.
    Use the chain fishing, it really does work. I was able to catch 4 shiny Relicanth and 1 shiny Gyarados yesterday within 4 hours of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    YES! I got my Shiny Dragalge and I didn't catch it in a shiny patch of water so I don't think that matters.

Edit: Look again, I bolded the part about the shiny patch of water....
    When I said that, I only meant that I think it improves your odds. It was just my opinion.

I'd go chain fishing for a skrelp if i weren't worried I'd hook something else or get one with a nature I don't want. So I'm currently working on using Masuda Method for it. Currently am at less than 60 eggs though, lol. This is going to take a while.

Here is a video of my shiny Noibat evolving, though
    Current In-game Y Team

Quote Originally Posted by codybriana View Post
    Use the chain fishing, it really does work. I was able to catch 4 shiny Relicanth and 1 shiny Gyarados yesterday within 4 hours of each other.
    Mhmm, i'm at a chain of only 11 right now (as I've only just begun my first attempt) but I've much hope for it seeing as everyone else is successful in obtaining something from it.
    Friend Safari: Dragon - Noibat
    3DS Friend Code: 4871 3691 0469
    Current Shiny Hunt: Phantump (MM) - 400+ eggs hatched
    Offering Calm Chlorophyll 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Bulbasaurs, PM me with offers

Can you do chain fishing with any rod or is it just the Super rod? I want to know because I would hate to get an evolved shiny :/
    Too cool for a signature!

Quote Originally Posted by PiplupMan View Post
    Can you do chain fishing with any rod or is it just the Super rod? I want to know because I would hate to get an evolved shiny :/
    Any rod works, got shiny Clauncher with a good rod
    3DS FC: 1719-4338-7555
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fighting Type - Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue

Quote Originally Posted by PiplupMan View Post
    Works with any rod
    3DS FC: 3840-6541-5166
    Friend Safari: [ICE] Sneasel, Snorunt, Cloyster

Pokemon Y shinies:

RE: FS: CF: MM: (~100 eggs) (1331 eggs)
    PokeRadar: No luck so far

Thanks Might go for something easy like a Poliwag
    Too cool for a signature!

Staff has decided that we'd rather relocate the shiny pokemon discussion to one thread in particular. You guys can head over here for shiny discussion.

I'll be remaking the pokeradar thread shortly.

Star-Lord

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324