Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

First shiny ever like 5 minutes ago modest noibat female with infiltrator

nice one trying to find one myself everyone else seems to get them easy haha 12 years playing pokemon only had 1

Gah, chaining sucks in this game compared to Gen 4! I've chained lots of shinies successfully in my Platinum, but using the exact same method I used in that the highest I've been able to get is 16 in Y so far. Most of my chains are breaking around 5! It seems like the old chaining technique isn't effective to me. Also annoying you can't see how high your chain is.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Today on the way through Victory Road I ran into a shiny female Noibat. I captured it and named it Desdemona; here's hoping it blossoms into a nice looking shiny Noivern once I finish EV training it.

The last shiny I ran into (without use of the PokeRadar) was a shiny Geodude in Heartgold, right after I received my starter and before I had any pokeballs. It was horrible.

Image drawn by me~

I usually run into at least one wild shiny per playthrough of a Pokemon game, and right now I'm 50+ hours into Y and still nothing. If the odds are so much better, all of a sudden I guess I lost all my luck.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :

Wanted
    :

I just hatched a Gentle Shiny Mawile while I mass bred for Wonder Trade fodder for Pokemiles and getting a Brave Mawile.
    3DS FC: 2062-9321-2774

So does the Masuda Method work if I have a Foreign Pokemon (Jap Trevenant) with an English ditto?
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    So does the Masuda Method work if I have a Foreign Pokemon (Jap Trevenant) with an English ditto?
    I don't see why it wouldn't

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Odious View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't
    Ah, I thought it had to be a foreign Ditto.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    Ah, I thought it had to be a foreign Ditto.
    No pretty sure they just have to be from different regions what Pokemon is from where is irrelvent http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    Gah, chaining sucks in this game compared to Gen 4! I've chained lots of shinies successfully in my Platinum, but using the exact same method I used in that the highest I've been able to get is 16 in Y so far. Most of my chains are breaking around 5! It seems like the old chaining technique isn't effective to me. Also annoying you can't see how high your chain is.
    Yeah, it is annoying that you can't see how high your chain is now. They could have made some sort of utility for it. It does make sense for the old method not to work, seeing as they would change the mechanics around a bit with the re-release of the item. Eventually we'll get a better understanding of them and hopefully there aren't too many random variables involved so an effective chaining method can be discovered.
    Currently trading and looking to trade for egg moves.
    I have: Dark Pulse zorua, Dark Pulse Deino, Snarl Zorua, Hypnosis/Zen Headbutt /Roost Zubat, Curse , Aqua Ring , Imprison , Muddy Water , yawn/wish/stored power . I'll do others on request. Can do natures for any of my egg moves, though in some cases patience is required, please understand.

Visit my trade shop at http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=500528
    White FC: 3525 9605 9952

found my 1st shiny in Y the other day. was a shiny Mightyena. 3rd shiny overall with Bellossom and Audino beithe the other 2 :P
    Friend code 3DS - 4398-9159-2758
    Friend Safari - Fairy - Togepi Floette and Swirlix.
    0361-8270-0767 -- Tommy B
    Friend Safari: Bug --- Ledyba, Beautifly, and Vivillion
    A Selection of my Shiny Pokemon:

You can apparently "chain" for shiny Pokemon by fishing now, as well.

A fisherman states that you'll be more likely to find rare Pokemon if you fish up Pokemon consecutively, and some reports on other forums are pointing to this meaning that the shiny rate increases.

All this takes is finding a good fishing spot (The more blocked tiles around the spot, the better) and having a Pokemon with Suction Cups to boost the rate of getting bites.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 21st October 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Another day of masuda breeding for random people on the forums, and another day of no shiny pokemon.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5241 - 2157 - 5315(Name: Zach)
    Pokemon in my Safari: Larvesta, Pansear, Fletchinder
    I'm currently looking for a non-event: Kyurem
    I'm currently looking for event: Shaymin, Deoxys
    5 IV Pokemon I have: Noibat Deino

Yess, finally found my first shiny in the new games! I wanted to test out encountering shinies in Friend Safari, as so many people seemed to find one there, and randomly chose a friend's safari and began just decisively doing random encounters on the Pokémon there. The type of the safari was Fairy and after a couple of hours just going through wild Pokémon, I'm guessing something like 300 RE's (I was determined to find a shiny there!!), I stumbled across a shiny Spritzee and caught it. I'm beginning to like this shiny hunting stuff, and I've never done it before!
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Trying for a shiny Honedge.

So I want to try for a shiny Litleo. A friend gave me an American Litleo (I'm from the UK.) and I want to breed it with my boring-old English Ditto. (My Japanese one is on White. -.-) I don't know if they have to be from areas with different languages for the Masuda Method to work. Can anyone give me a hand here? I've only ever bred my Pokémon with the Japanese Ditto before.
    Friend Code 1263-6698-4911 (Evie) (Pokémon X)
    Psychic Safari (Abra/Espurr/Duosion)

Found my third shiny just then. An Ivysaur in a friends safari zone.
    3ds code or whatever. PM me if you add me.

1779-0560-2201

Shiny Count (From Gen 3 - 6)

Sharpedo - Caught as a Carnavana in Sapphire
    Machamp - As a Macoke in Platinum
    Venusaur - as an Ivysaur in friend safari
    Gothorita - in friend safari
    Quilladin - in friend safari
    Magneton - in friend safari
    Ivysaur #2 - in friend safari
    Kakuna - in friend safari
    Omanyte - Hatched thanks to the will of Lord Helix.

Friend Safari is OP.

Hey people, we should really try to discover the mechanics of the new pokeradar, because I keep breaking my chains around 20 or so.

Got to 20 so far with Zoroark, Ditto, and Eevee. It seems that the +4 spaces rule does not apply, at least not always, as far as you enter the same type of grass you entered the first time, it keeps going on... until I get to 20 or so and it breaks

Any idea?
    3DS FC: 2895 - 7665 - 6857
    ROCK TYPE SAFARI: Boldore - Pupitar - Shuckle

Yeah I gave up trying to use the pokeradar for chains. I don't have the patience for this, rather use my time special training. Also 70 hours in and no shinys still. Such bad luck. My only shiny I ever found in the wild in Black/White 2 was a Swadloon, and that was around 170 hours, so I better beat that.
    Nintendo 3DS Code is 2337-3710-3645 Please add and PM me for Friend Safari, Trades, Occasional Battles. Thanks!
    Zone is Electric: Pachurisu, Electabuzz, Manectric

Why can't I use the Pokeradar at all? It just says about the voice echoing ****.

Also, (For the 4th time) where can I check how many RE's I have done?
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Why can't I use the Pokeradar at all? It just says about the voice echoing ****.

Also, (For the 4th time) where can I check how many RE's I have done?
    Remember to use it inside patches of grass / flowers. And you can't use it while wearing rollerskates
    3DS FC: 2895 - 7665 - 6857
    ROCK TYPE SAFARI: Boldore - Pupitar - Shuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Snow View Post
    So I want to try for a shiny Litleo. A friend gave me an American Litleo (I'm from the UK.) and I want to breed it with my boring-old English Ditto. (My Japanese one is on White. -.-) I don't know if they have to be from areas with different languages for the Masuda Method to work. Can anyone give me a hand here? I've only ever bred my Pokémon with the Japanese Ditto before.
    It has to be another language so American litleo/ English Litleo wont work as they have the same language. The easiest way to do it is to put up your litleo for another litleo on the GTS and when you get it back check to see if it has another language next to its name (there is a little grey box on the data screen saying JPN (japan) SPA (Spanish) etc)

Keep doing that til you get another language one. Or just put your ditto up for another ditto till you get another language one.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

So far i think the easiest way for a shinie is either Hording, Friend safari RE, Masuda.

I combine methods and masuda by grabbing 5 eggs and then go hording/RE in FS

Oh and to get an asian ditto is easy, put one up and comment on it with: Assian pref.

I did that and got my JPN one within 5 seconds. I use the comment for every GTS trade i put up
    Last edited by Douchemon; 21st October 2013 at 1:27 PM.
    Pokemon Y
    ---------------------------------------------
    KB: Shinies: x2 ;702; ;691;

Proud owner of a UT/UC: 2003 - Repair Program Shiny Zigzagoon.

Flawless:
    Friend code Black 2 : 2151-6418-9614
    Friend code Y: 3239-2288-6738
    Time Zone - GMT+1

Came Across a Shiny Crawdaunt in friend safari last night. 2 one from a safari. little bit later on my buddy got a Pumpkaboo shiny, and god is it amazing.
    Kalos National Dex progress: Seen: 477 Caught: 414 as of 10/24/13

ZANGOOSE WILL BE DESTROYED FOR ETERNITY! POOR SHINY SEVIPER!
    X/Y Shiny Total: 2
    Caught in Friend Safari on 10/16/2103
    Caught in Friend Safari on 10/20/2013

3DS FC: 3866-9169-9438
    Ice Type: Spheal, Bergmite, and Piloswine

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast