Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

12, almost 13, years of playing pokemon and still not a single shiny, I've so far had no luck in random encounters, breeding or the Pokeradar. Even with the increased (or seemingly so) shiny encounter rate, I've not seen a single one. I've yet to find a foreign Pokemon I want to breed, so, I've to try the Masuda Method. Maybe, that's how I'll finally get my first shiny

Spent 2 hours in a friend safari trying for a shiny Pumpkaboo yesterday, no luck.. my chaining with stuff hasn't worked so well either, it's a bit sad that I only seem to find pumpkaboo in tall grass, the radar doesn't work there :'P
    ~Pokémon breeder since Gen 2~
    Collecting Deoxys. Current count: 16 (as of white X/Y)
    ♥ I have officially claimed Deoxys, no grabby hands~ ♥

Caught a shiny Duosion in a friend safari during (a boring) lecture at uni. Lax nature with perfect IVs in Defense and Speed.

AZ
    Guess how many Pokemiles it took?

I'm currently in the process of trying to Masuda Method a shiny Mawile. 180 eggs so far, no shiny. I'll probably hatch at least another hundred or so today.
    My Friend Code is: 0919-9978-6682 (Safari is unfortunately a rather bland Fighting type one )
    If you want to add me, shoot me a message with your friend code so I can add you!

Quote Originally Posted by VaneRiven View Post
    I'm currently in the process of trying to Masuda Method a shiny Mawile. 180 eggs so far, no shiny. I'll probably hatch at least another hundred or so today.
    Yeah... I'm probably well over 150 eggs myself. The benefit though is that you can wonder trade them all(if you have the patience) for tons of new IDs for the lotto.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5241 - 2157 - 5315(Name: Zach)
    Pokemon in my Safari: Larvesta, Pansear, Fletchinder
    I'm currently looking for a non-event: Kyurem
    I'm currently looking for event: Shaymin, Deoxys
    5 IV Pokemon I have: Noibat Deino

Quote Originally Posted by Asuto View Post
    Yeah... I'm probably well over 150 eggs myself. The benefit though is that you can wonder trade them all(if you have the patience) for tons of new IDs for the lotto.
    Agreed. It works great. Question: Is Canada (I'm in US) considered a different region for MMing? Or do I need to have a flag on the pokemon (JAP, GER)?
    Now previewing Haunted Eve Monsters for Halloween! Check them out at Facebook. and pick up Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters at Drivethru RPG. New Class (the Monster Trainer), 6 archetypes, 154 monsters, feats, magic, and so much more. Feel free to PM for more information about this game/world.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm_n View Post
    Agreed. It works great. Question: Is Canada (I'm in US) considered a different region for MMing? Or do I need to have a flag on the pokemon (JAP, GER)?
    From what I've noticed it's not really "region" as much as the language of the game. I could be completely wrong, but I'm almost positive you need one with the flag showing a different language than your current game.

Edit: For me it's been pretty easy to catch dittos and put them in the GTS asking for a "JPN please". All of the natures in my signature took like one hour of catching them and then trading them like that. They trade in less than 5 minutes consistently
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5241 - 2157 - 5315(Name: Zach)
    Pokemon in my Safari: Larvesta, Pansear, Fletchinder
    I'm currently looking for a non-event: Kyurem
    I'm currently looking for event: Shaymin, Deoxys
    5 IV Pokemon I have: Noibat Deino

Quote Originally Posted by Asuto View Post
    From what I've noticed it's not really "region" as much as the language of the game. I could be completely wrong, but I'm almost positive you need one with the flag showing a different language than your current game.

Edit: For me it's been pretty easy to catch dittos and put them in the GTS asking for a "JPN please". All of the natures in my signature took like one hour of catching them and then trading them like that. They trade in less than 5 minutes consistently
    Thank you much. I have a JPN ditto, but it's from Pokemon City. I'll see if one of my JPN friends could use my safari for Ditto and trade me one for one with perfect HP.
    Now previewing Haunted Eve Monsters for Halloween! Check them out at Facebook. and pick up Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters at Drivethru RPG. New Class (the Monster Trainer), 6 archetypes, 154 monsters, feats, magic, and so much more. Feel free to PM for more information about this game/world.

I signed up specifically so I could contribute to this topic. After chaining tons of shinies in the D/P/PT days, I tried my hand at chaining in Pokemon Y. Here are a few of the things that I've discovered:

-The number of patches shaking doesn't really matter
    -The distance away a patch is from you doesn't really matter (to a certain extent)
    -Patches shaking right next to each other CAN mess things up
    -Chaining a Pokemon that is in a patch that shakes faster feels a bit easier to notice (at least for me)
    -Finding an area where you can easily see most/all of the grass is VERY important
    -Follow general chaining rules (never go into the patch right above your character's head, walk horizontally whenever possible, don't get on your skates, etc)

In the experience that I've had thus far, I've had a lot of chains break between 10-20. YOU MUST BE SURE THAT YOU'RE WALKING INTO THE SAME PATCH EVERY TIME! This was, for me, a bit more difficult to discern at first, but if you stay focused and play with the sound on, it gets a bit easier.

Following those general tips, I was able to get a shiny Pancham after resetting the radar for around 30-40 minutes at a chain of 40. Unfortunately, my eyes were getting tired, and I accidentally broke my chain shortly thereafter. Didn't get to see if I could drum up a second shiny patch.

Anyway, just know that if you're having issues, the shiny patch DOES exist, and it is possible to make it happen as long as you're careful. When in doubt, reset the radar. I hope that this information helps someone, though I know it just confirms information already confirmed by others.
    Last edited by turbocats; 21st October 2013 at 4:43 PM.

in all my years of playing pokemon, I have only encountered one shiny without chaining. it was a geodude and it used self destruct...
    here's hoping the chances have changed!

after hording for like 1hour on route 12 a pink female (Timid!) Mareep graced my screen x)
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 21st October 2013 at 5:10 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Decided to spend a little time in the friend safari in between college classes today and a shiny serious Phantump showed up on the second RE. Good start to the day I would say.
    Current shiny hunt:
    Whatever I come across in Y.

Current endgame goal: Have all possible #001-#718 boxed in shiny form with legit pokemon
    Progress: 56 out of 718 shinies

FC: 3196-4076-7050
    Flying: Pidgey, Tranquill, and Fletchinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Landroval View Post
    Decided to spend a little time in the friend safari in between college classes today and a shiny serious Phantump showed up on the second RE. Good start to the day I would say.
    OMG why is everyone so lucky?

I have done over 1000 encounters for a Shiny Phantump!

Anyways, Major congratulations! Are you evolving it?
    Too much water guys!

I don't have a second game to evolve it with, so for the time being no. I'll just leave it in my box. This is my first shiny on this generation after spending several hours grinding hordes.
    Current shiny hunt:

Current endgame goal: Have all possible #001-#718 boxed in shiny form with legit pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ndayday View Post
    No one can really confirm anything, it's just a rumor that's probably senseless. If shiny rates have increased I almost guarantee it is not a result of tipping.
    Agreed.

People seem to forget that spending money in Lumiose is the main way to raise your 'style points'. It's almost certain that tipping higher just lets you get into the exclusive Boutiques quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Atem0225 View Post
    Agreed.

People seem to forget that spending money in Lumiose is the main way to raise your 'style points'. It's almost certain that tipping higher just lets you get into the exclusive Boutiques quicker.
    But you can tip people anywhere, basically
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

after almost 200 egg hatchings with the MM i finally hatched a shiny charmander! First legit shiny ive gotten since i encountered a shiny pidgey in gen II, (not counting the red gyarodos, shiny gible from white 2 or shiny haxorus, or any event shinies) Now i start on wonder trading all these lovley charmanders... realeasing the garbage and keeping the good i suppose
    friend code 3ds pokemon x/y 4398 9978 8933 ADD ME and send me a pm ill add you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    But you can tip people anywhere, basically
    I guess it might have an independent effect, then.

Still, the rumors about tipping increasing shiny odds seem extremely unlikely.

I myself got a few friendcodes added and went to check out their zones and 2nd encounter I had in a water zone was a shiny Bidarel, which is now my HM *****..atleast she is fabulous xD. Now instead using a JPN Ditto with perfect atk/def IVs with my own Honedge that has perfect hp/sp.def/def IVs and Brave nature(MM'd all the way) in hope of getting nearly a perfect shiny honedge xD. Currently over 200 eggs and nothing but I am not giving up!

I've never been Lucky with Shinies.
    7 Boxes full of Squirtles and no shiny yet.

I've only Once encountered a Shiny and that guy was such a troll.... It was in gen 2 I was on my way to Mr Pokemon and a shiny Pidgey popped up, I was young, No Pokeballs so I rage quited thats same day lol

Found a shiny Pancham in Y. Didn't have any Pokeballs, so I decided to go after it again through chaining. Any helpful hints?
    I'm looking for an artist who can help me with a project which will be revealed later. Please PM me if you want to help, and I will then interview you.

After all the years I've been playing pokemon I just got my first ever shiny (not including ones I've been traded nor the shiny voltorb my friend caught whilst playing my emerald) via the Masuda Method. Around 70 eggs hatched for shiny charmander who also happens to be female.

Congratulations on all the Shinies guys!

I've still got nothing to report, but hopefully will within the next few hours! (Fingers crossed)

Please though, COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE TO CHECK HOW MANY RE'S YOU HAVE DONE?

This is the 7th time I have asked LOL!
    Too much water guys!

Congrats to everyone that has gotten a shiny on X and Y. As for me, I've been rather unlucky. Nothing has shone yet. I'm in the Friend Safari hunting for either Shiny Wartortle or Frogadier. Whichever shows first haha. Anyways, good luck to everyone on their hunts.
    You are Loki! Loki is a Frost Giant. The god of mischief and trickery. He killed his friend Baldr and will lead the giants in starting Ragnarök (the end of the world)

The Shiny Charm is MINE!

Think you can take on the Night?

Ok so still RE'ing for shinies in the Friends Safari... and just now snagged myself a shiny female calm Sneasel. I've never had two RE shinies in one day. I think I'll try for something out of the water safari.
    Current shiny hunt:

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast