Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Two things,I've heard a rumour that Tipping increases chance of Shinies.Is that Legit?
    And what is all this about "Chain" Fishing
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Two things,I've heard a rumour that Tipping increases chance of Shinies.Is that Legit?
    And what is all this about "Chain" Fishing
    The whole point is basically "hooking" a pokemon each time you cast your line out. You can either run away, faint it, or catch the pokemon, but the whole point is to keep "Hooking" 'a pokemon each time. After about 40-60 (in my experience) you will have a highly increased chance on finding a shiny. There are a few rules though.

1. You cannot move from your location
    2. You CAN save your game and look at your pokemon, this will not break the chain.
    3. Always fish beside rocks, and also in shiny patches of water.
    4. Use a pokemon like inkay or malamar with the ability of suction cups, put it in the first slot of your party, it can be fainted.
    Last edited by codybriana; 22nd October 2013 at 5:44 PM.

I caught a shiny Relicanth on my 15th consecutive fish with a Super Rod. I'm quite happy given it's the first shiny I've encountered in over 5 years since FRLG! Now trying my hand to catch an Alomomola or Lanturn.

I'm surprised at how easy they've made it to find shinies though.
    3DS Friend Code: 2680-8942-2756

I had gotten myself a shiny Noibat after breeding only 27 eggs, a few days ago~
    I love her. <3
    Current In-game Y Team

What is the "best" method of getting shinies? I have tried masuda method and chaining, no shinies yet but I think I prefer masuda method, its more predictable.

Hoping to get my first shiny.
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

@Cwertle, Tbh, I think it's the fish chaining.
    Current In-game Y Team

Quote Originally Posted by codybriana View Post
    The whole point is basically "hooking" a pokemon each time you cast your line out. You can either run away, faint it, or catch the pokemon, but the whole point is to keep "Hooking" 'a pokemon each time. After about 40-60 (in my experience) you will have a highly increased chance on finding a shiny. There are a few rules though.

2. You CAN save your game and look at your pokemon, this will not break the chain.
    4. Use a pokemon like inkay or malamar with the ability of suction cups, put it in the first slot of your party, it can be fainted.
    Bold: Is this true? If so I've just wasted A LOT of time. :[

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

I know it probably gets annoying when people ask, but how much does the chance of a shiny improve when breeding a foreign Pokemon with a native Pokemon? (ie: jap ditto with english honedge)

Just got the oval charm so I'm thinking of trying the Masuda method.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Quote Originally Posted by codybriana View Post

Are you sure that you HAVE to fish beside rocks and in the shiny patches of water? I thought the rocks were just to prevent you from moving, and I've never seen anyone else mention shiny patches of water. When I caught my shiny Clauncher yesterday, I was near a shiny patch of water, but not fishing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by cwertle View Post
    What is the "best" method of getting shinies? I have tried masuda method and chaining, no shinies yet but I think I prefer masuda method, its more predictable.

Hoping to get my first shiny.
    Either PokeRadar chaining, chain fishing, or Masuda Method.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    Bold: Is this true? If so I've just wasted A LOT of time. :[
    You didn't bold anything

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    I know it probably gets annoying when people ask, but how much does the chance of a shiny improve when breeding a foreign Pokemon with a native Pokemon? (ie: jap ditto with english honedge)

Just got the oval charm so I'm thinking of trying the Masuda method.
    The Masuda Method increases the chances of finding a shiny from 1/8192 to 1/1365.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

YES! I got my Shiny Dragalge and I didn't catch it in a shiny patch of water so I don't think that matters.

Edit: Look again, I bolded the part about the shiny patch of water....

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    YES! I got my Shiny Dragalge and I didn't catch it in a shiny patch of water so I don't think that matters.

Edit: Look again, I bolded the part about the shiny patch of water....
    I'm glad we have proof now that the shiny patch of water thing isn't true

Oh...so you did. I'm just blind, apparently, sorry!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

It has a Brave nature which is...what it is I guess and I nicknamed it Loch :c

According to the Fisherman guy I had 134 consecutive catches.

I will also try the fishing thing! will be interesting if I can find a shiny one on my copy of Y, since I encountered and caught a Shiny Haunter in X

After 40 minutes of Fishing, about 55 casts or so, I got TWO Shiny Horseas. Both Female, 1 Swift Swim/Serious the other Sniper/Modest. ^___^

I'm still looking for that elusive Shiny Clauncher though >.O

I got a ashiny quilfish after a fishing chain of 62

Just caught a shiny Clawitzer @ the Consecutive Fishing method. It took me 10 chains, which is pretty weird? I thought it'd take like 40.

Credits to -Sorina_Hokage

Just found a completely random Shiny Mankey in the Friend Safari! Only the 2nd shiny I've ever encountered first was a Pelipper in Sapphire. I recorded it on my phone and posted it to my YT channel:

3DS FC: 4742-5984-8959 - Add me and I'll add you back, just send me a PM
    My Pokemon Youtube Channel [PkmnTCG07]
    Team X

Just got shiny Clauncher, pretty excited about that
    3DS FC: 1719-4338-7555
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fighting Type - Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue

Last night at about 3:00 A.M. I caught a Shiny Clauncher from consecutive fishing in Cyllage City! I don't know exactly how many hooks I was at when it appeared. But I'd say roughly around 37? Anyway here are some pictures. She has Mild Nature. I wish it was Modest, but at least Mild is still a Sp. Attack raising Nature, so it's not that bad. I'm thinking about trying for a Shiny Horsea(Preferably Male) or a Male Shiny Clauncher to have a brother-sister thing going on between the 2 Clauncher. Heh. (Yeah, I like to give my Pokémon backstories...)

Spoiler:- Shiny Clauncher:
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

i found a shiny mightenya in ruby. His name silver, and is awaiting transportation from white to x.
    3ds FC:1564-3130-4424
    Just PM me with yours if you add me

Quote Originally Posted by Storm07 View Post
    Just found a completely random Shiny Mankey in the Friend Safari! Only the 2nd shiny I've ever encountered first was a Pelipper in Sapphire. I recorded it on my phone and posted it to my YT channel:

At first I honestly thought this was a joke video, cause it looked like a normal Mankey. Lol.

Green Mankey looks pretty cool. Congrats.
    | | | | TBD | | TBD |
    Pokemon X : Deak

Trying to build a team that isn't a replica of every other team being used.

Chain Fishing is really lovely addition.

I just got shiny Chinchou. Was stupid enough to use False Swipe on it and it used Take Down.. And missed on my pokemon XD Captured it on next turn.
    Then switched to Super Rod (Not sure if that did reset chain or not). And got shiny Alomomola after few reels.
    Last edited by Henselt; 22nd October 2013 at 8:51 PM.
    3DS FC: 3840-6541-5166
    Friend Safari: [ICE] Sneasel, Snorunt, Cloyster

Pokemon Y shinies:

RE: FS: CF: MM: (~100 eggs) (1331 eggs)
    PokeRadar: No luck so far

Well, the consecutive fishing method certainly seems like quite an easy way to get shinies..
    Will have to try it soon!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Just got a shiny Barboach (=
    I'm reallllly happy because Whiscash is one of my favorite pokemon and the white and gold color scheme is awesome.
    It's my third chain-fished shiny and my fifth shiny this game!!! I never would've believed how much easier it is to get shinies in this game.
    King of Wurmples

Chain fishing may really warrant a completely separate discussion, but I'll chime in as this is where the discussion is currently located...

I tried out chain fishing on my lunch break today, and caught a shiny Quilfish after about 15 minutes of casting. After another 15 or so, I caught a shiny Dragalge. These both appeared, to me at least, to come from the same chain (I was not given any "no biting" messages). I was fishing while surfing, and facing a non-shiny patch of water that was surrounded by shallow, walk-able water on all sides but the one that I was fishing from. I was using the Super Rod, and I had a fainted Inkay with Suction Cups at the front of my party.

I plan on continuing the chain after work tonight. I'll update with any additional findings.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast