Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by razor fire View Post
    Probably needs recharging. If my memory serves me right you'll need around 256 steps or so to recharge it.
    It's 50 steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkfish View Post
    It's 50 steps.
    Ah, thanks for correcting me. Did it change this gen? I could have sworn the number was higher.

cant find any decent sized grass spots to chain
    CubMilitia

DWF: (Black 1)
    DWF:

White 2 FC: 0605-4535-7783

3DS FC: 1435 3966 1591

I would love to go for a shiny espurr in friend safari. How can I chain them with the pokeradar? I never used the radar much.

Quote Originally Posted by DKDG View Post
    cant find any decent sized grass spots to chain
    Route 5 is where I got Pancham and Skiddo shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I would love to go for a shiny espurr in friend safari. How can I chain them with the pokeradar? I never used the radar much.
    Unfortunately the PokeRadar cant be used in Friend Safari, only grass/flowers in the main game.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    You can't use the PokeRadar in the Friend Safari, unfortunately.

To chain them, use the item in a patch of grass or flowers and walk into one of the shaking patches. Defeat or capture what appears, and walk into another shaking patch, continuing on the same species. However, there are things that can break your chain, and you can't be using the bike or rollerskates when chaining. Look up some DPPt guides on chaining for more info on what we know.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

What's pancham and pangoro shiny color scheme?brown?

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    Route 5 is where I got Pancham and Skiddo shinies.

Unfortunately the PokeRadar cant be used in Friend Safari, only grass/flowers in the main game.
    Oh.. but I want a golden prankster Meowstic. =[

Oh well then.

im really struggling with the pokeradar, Completely new to it, took some time to research how to use it. Best iv got is a 7 chain of Altaria.

Im sure sooner or later il get the hang of it and get something worthy of partnering up with shiny noctowl.
    Sunny Day means only one thing to me , Chlorophyll .

Friend code : 4699-6320-4741 , Feel free to add me, maybe add to your friend safari.

Has anyone else heard the rumor about tipping? It is said that the more you tip, the better the chances are for a shiny.
    What's my age again?

I tried my hand at hordes to find shinies, the entire span of yesterday, and no such luck.

BUT

I chained 4 illumise just now and found a shiny illumise, and there was a shiny patch
    i haven't had anymore luck in finding shinies yet, but this is very promising results. Really going for a shiny swirlix.

Also, some random passerby traded me his shiny honedge, so that was extremely cool of him.

Just got my Shiny Gulpin from a Horde with sweet scent. Get sweet scent and get hording.
    Pokemon Y
    ---------------------------------------------
    KB: Shinies: x2 ;702; ;691;

Proud owner of a UT/UC: 2003 - Repair Program Shiny Zigzagoon.

Flawless:
    Friend code Black 2 : 2151-6418-9614
    Friend code Y: 3239-2288-6738
    Time Zone - GMT+1

Could someone link/ explain to me an in-depth guide for chaining for dummies? I've been trying to do chains since I first got Diamond and my highest streak is probably something like 2... I really want to get some shinies this game.
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtlefan82 View Post
    Has anyone else heard the rumor about tipping? It is said that the more you tip, the better the chances are for a shiny.
    I heard this also.

I usually do tip. But sometimes I click no on accident.

Might go Fly around tipping $1,000 to everyone daily.
    | | | | TBD | | TBD |
    Pokemon X : Deak

Trying to build a team that isn't a replica of every other team being used.

Quote Originally Posted by iTarTar View Post
    Could someone link/ explain to me an in-depth guide for chaining for dummies? I've been trying to do chains since I first got Diamond and my highest streak is probably something like 2... I really want to get some shinies this game.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comm...ning_tutorial/
    Before the final rat has eaten the last gram of you, Rapture will have returned.
    I will lead a parade. "Who was that," they'll say, as they point to the sad shape hanging on my wall, "who was that?"

Friend Safari contains Tranquill, Tropius, and an unknown surprise. Keeps some of that awesome suspension, right??

It's a Doduo

FC 4828 4824 4050

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtlefan82 View Post
    It's pretty much impossible to confirm at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by welcometorapture View Post
    Thank you!!
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi

I just broke an 18 chain of flabebe. From what I've seen, edge pieces do NOT break your chains, and choosing the shaking grass farthest away from you is not always a good idea. The only thing to really look for is the patch that is shaking the most, and of course the shining patch. If they seem to all shake the same amount, just take your best guess. :P I just broke my chain because they were shaking the same and I chose the patch that was farthest away from me. So far, the farthest ones are usually chain breakers.

So Pokeradar chaining still gets shinies?

so far my poke radar chains break like they used to do in my 4th gen games: after 2-5 chains =.= im not happy right now
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Also, for purposes of the Masuda method, would my Australian friend and I (I'm from USA) be considered foreign to eachother?

For those of you having trouble keeping chains up:

It is essential that you keep visiting the same type of patch.

"But they all look the same!"

They don't :P. You need to look and listen carefully. Most of them look the same but the super-loud and obviously rustling ones are different, so if you're choosing that type, stick with it.

The shiny patch cant be missed, its got a visual and audio cue, so dont worry about potentially missing it.

Always keep your eyes glued to the screen, and if in doubt, reset the radar for a better formation.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Was continuing my x version in frost cavern and the firsy bermite I found was shiny, just pure luck, I don't tip or anything in x , but happy to have my first kalos shiny. Not having much luck on magician fennekin eggs though, I wish I was lucky enough to get a female one when it shows up shiny. And pokeradar sucks, I can only chain up to 2
    #teamchespin #teamfennekin

I just got a 17 chain of Inkay and it was broken by a Slowpoke. Kinda hurts, but at least I kinda know what to do know.

Well, that was odd. I was trying to chain Scythers. They kept appearing on the big shaking bushes, couldn't miss it. After a chain of 5, I went out of a battle with a Scyther and the game suddenly went on with the normal BGM as if I broke my chain. Lolwhut? :P

Tried to re-use the pokeradar to see if it was my imagination, and checked the chaining tutorial to see what I did wrong. Can't seem to figure it out.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast