Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

I'm sure this is obvious, but trainer battles will break a chain... >_> had about a 10 chain of lairon until a trainer saw me

Quote Originally Posted by Tav View Post
    Well, that was odd. I was trying to chain Scythers. They kept appearing on the big shaking bushes, couldn't miss it. After a chain of 5, I went out of a battle with a Scyther and the game suddenly went on with the normal BGM as if I broke my chain. Lolwhut? :P

Tried to re-use the pokeradar to see if it was my imagination, and checked the chaining tutorial to see what I did wrong. Can't seem to figure it out.
    I know that in the past games the chains would sometimes randomly break for no reason, if that's the case in this generation then I guess it was just bad luck. Keep trying though, I used Pokeradar alot in D/P/P.

Just a quick question how much information is actually out on this for this generation? I know that around 40 was the max last time but did they change this at all or is it pretty much the same.

Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Button Credit: Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by pikkichu View Post
    Was continuing my x version in frost cavern and the firsy bermite I found was shiny, just pure luck, I don't tip or anything in x , but happy to have my first kalos shiny. Not having much luck on magician fennekin eggs though, I wish I was lucky enough to get a female one when it shows up shiny. And pokeradar sucks, I can only chain up to 2
    Tipping hasn't been proven to boost shinies and I doubt it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by bentheechidna View Post
    Tipping hasn't been proven to boost shinies and I doubt it's real.
    I doubt that it's real too, I tip all the time and I have yet to see my first shiny yet and from the sounds of it I'm not the only one.

Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Button Credit: Astral Shadow

Congrats to those who have found shinies. I, myself, have yet to encounter or hatch a shiny Pokemon in XY. I'm currently using Masuda Method trying to hatch for a shiny Hawlucha. Currently, I'm at about 350 hatched eggs.

I haven't tried using the Poke Radar yet, but I'll be sure to try that. I'll also have you know that I have been tipping a bunch of people, so I can't confirm that it increases odds nor is it likely to do so. More likely purely coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerMaria View Post
    I doubt that it's real too, I tip all the time and I have yet to see my first shiny yet and from the sounds of it I'm not the only one.
    I never tip cuz I'm greedy and I'm glad I was before I heard this silly rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiDarkShadow777 View Post
    Congrats to those who have found shinies. I, myself, have yet to encounter or hatch a shiny Pokemon in XY. I'm currently using Masuda Method trying to hatch for a shiny Hawlucha. Currently, I'm at about 350 hatched eggs.

I haven't tried using the Poke Radar yet, but I'll be sure to try that. I'll also have you know that I have been tipping a bunch of people, so I can't confirm that it increases odds nor is it likely to do so. More likely purely coincidental.
    I feel your pain. I'm only at about 50ish for Masuda Methoding a Gastly. And that really sucks because statistically with 350 tries there's only about a 17% chance you shouldn't have a shiny.

Can someone tell me where to get the Pokeradar, and how to use it?
    Pokemon Black 2 Team: Emboar, Ampharos, Leavanny, Mandibuzz, Gothitelle, Jellicent
    Pokemon Y Team: Greninja, Talonflame, Venusaur, Tyrantrum, Klefki, Avalugg
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team: Grovyle, Ralts, Makuhita

After you beat the game talk to one of the professors in Sycamore's lab. He's in front of a machine. From there you just need to use it in the grass and it's fairly easy to pick up what to do.

Im now on chain 79 with pidgey and caught 5 shinies
    Friendcode: 4957 3565 7086

GIF removed for being over the 500 KB limit. Please make sure you've read the signature rules and, if you're still not sure whether your signature is okay or not, use the signature check thread.

I tried Masuda Methoding a shroomish... not sure why.. but I gave up after about 30.
    Just so boring...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

You get the radar from the scientist at the bank of computers on the 2nd floor of the pokemon lab after you complete the game. Been trying to chain a shiny Swirlix all afternoon and I've had about 3 chains break over 20 and one on about 26. Kind of annoying.

I'm going for a "just choose the furthest matching patch" rule and it seems to be working really well. Except when it breaks because I decided to wing it and go to the closest matching patch.

People have been saying it's not furthest patch but noisiest, most active patch.

That's why I said matching patch, I'm always going for the ones that shake the most.

I'm bad at finding shinies.

Pokemon keep breaking my chains. :/
    FC: 5129-0355-4526 Name: Blu

Pm your FC.

Type: Flying (Has Hoothoot, Spearow, and Hawlucha.)

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerMaria View Post
    I know that in the past games the chains would sometimes randomly break for no reason, if that's the case in this generation then I guess it was just bad luck. Keep trying though, I used Pokeradar alot in D/P/P.

Just a quick question how much information is actually out on this for this generation? I know that around 40 was the max last time but did they change this at all or is it pretty much the same.
    As far as I know it's still 40. Have tested it and twice now 40 has been the magic number still Obviously there is still the chance that it randomly appears before then, for example I had a shiny patch appear at 8 the other day but I got so surprised I lost track of where it was.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Glad the PokeRadar is back this Gen, I tried using it in Platinum but I could never get to 40...

Maybe this Gen will be my lucky one and allow me to catch a shiny that isn't set to be one...
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Lutino View Post
    Im now on chain 79 with pidgey and caught 5 shinies
    Can you post some pics? You're the first person I've seen who's caught multiple shinies in one chain (6th Gen, so far). Not doubting you, just curious to see if my speculation was wrong (see other post)

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Caught a shiny Bunnelby (it looks like an albino rabbit it's so cute!) on my 2nd pokemon of the chain.
    Not sure what the max/minimum for a shiny to appear is then.
    Now i've got two 6th gen shinies, one in the friend safari (Dedenne) and now this!

Dangerous and Duty Bound.
    Pokémon Y FC: 3024-5170-8948
    Sprite Commish. Credit: IceyPinkLemons @DA

There's no minimum because you can have shinies appear in any random regular battle.

Quote Originally Posted by bentheechidna View Post
    There's no minimum because you can have shinies appear in any random regular battle.
    You're most likely right, I was just referring to the pokeradar as they seemed to usually show up at higher number chains.

Dangerous and Duty Bound.
    Pokémon Y FC: 3024-5170-8948
    Sprite Commish. Credit: IceyPinkLemons @DA

Got to 20 litleo's and a bidoof broke my chain >.>
    Restarting it now.

Current MM hunt

(Quilladin/Ivysaur/Tangela)
    Message me if you want to swap FCs!

Shiny Teddiursa in Friend Safari, 367 RE.
    I'm pretty much convinced at this point lmao.
    Lost.

Caught a shiny trevenant in Route 20 in a horde while looking for sudowoodo.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and waiting for the guidebook(s).

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.

Quote Originally Posted by Goomy View Post
    You're most likely right, I was just referring to the pokeradar as they seemed to usually show up at higher number chains.
    Well yeah. That's because they're more likely to show up at higher number chains. No minimum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndayday View Post
    Shiny Teddiursa in Friend Safari, 367 RE.
    I'm pretty much convinced at this point lmao.
    What's RE?

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast