Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blasian amtrax View Post
    Sorry, but what? There is no evidence whatsoever to indicate that the shiny chances have changed at all this generation, let alone to 8x more likely.
    Everyone on the internet is saying it is true and I'm finding it to be true by experience seeing as people are encountering many more shinies without the Masuda method. A few people have encountered 2 shinies in a horde at the same time.

On my first play, which was about 40 hours, I found a shiny Gulpin in a horde and then a lone shiny Pachirisu. I restarted though, but on this playthrough however I found a shiny Snubbull... odds def. seem to have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerMaria View Post
    Out of experience is there any chance that different colored flowers (same square) count as different patches and have a higher chance of breaking the chain?
    I've tried this myself, and it didn't break my chain, but I might have just been lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by bentheechidna View Post
    Everyone on the internet is saying it is true and I'm finding it to be true by experience seeing as people are encountering many more shinies without the Masuda method. A few people have encountered 2 shinies in a horde at the same time.
    Yes, there are a lot of shinies being found. Although the rate may have changed, the chances of it being 8x is just ridiculously small. My point is that there is no way you can put a number to it. Also, don't forget that hordes are 5 pokemon at once - equivalent to doing 5 random encounters, of course you're going to find shinies faster with them in the game. Honestly, the only way we could know for sure currently, would be if someone were to sit down and do an obscene number of random encounters as a statistical investigation.

I have been playing since Yellow and have never found a wild shiny.
    Am currently MMing to get a shiny Ponyta.
    4 eggs so far.. no shiny.
    Losing hope.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Ha only 4? I've been at it for nearly 6 hours if not more trying to get a shiny Gastly. Don't know the count because I keep tossing my Gastlies that are neither shiny nor Modest.

You're gonna need a lot more than 4 eggs. Don't give up if you really want that shiny XD

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Losing hope.
    I love shiny Ponyta and I caught one not to long before this game came out with the poke radar on my Pearl version. If you have that game it might be easier on there, I'm not sure what grass patches are available for Ponyta in these games. I personally find chaining for shinies easier then breeding but that's just me. Either way good luck with your hunt.

Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Button Credit: Astral Shadow

Losing hope.

...You're at 4 eggs, what do you expect?
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Seems like everyone can find a shiny Pokemon but me. I don't go looking for them, but I don't think I've ever found one in all of the years I've played these games. (since Red/Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by mick_1232001 View Post
    I've been breeding eevee's and I got 2 shinies out of 165 eggs with a japanese ditto and a male regional eevee. It works better than it ever did for me in gen 5.
    Oh man, lucky fella ...
    250 lapras eggs and still nothing
    Before the final rat has eaten the last gram of you, Rapture will have returned.
    I will lead a parade. "Who was that," they'll say, as they point to the sad shape hanging on my wall, "who was that?"

Friend Safari contains Tranquill, Tropius, and an unknown surprise. Keeps some of that awesome suspension, right??

It's a Doduo

FC 4828 4824 4050

Quote Originally Posted by welcometorapture View Post
    Oh man, lucky fella ...
    250 lapras eggs and still nothing
    My friend got a Shiny Eevee after 25 eggs but he can't get a second one for his girlfriend yet after over 100-200 more.

Quote Originally Posted by bentheechidna View Post
    My friend got a Shiny Eevee after 25 eggs but he can't get a second one for his girlfriend yet after over 100-200 more.
    Yeah, I'm up to 172 now with 2 shinies, my boyfriend doesn't know yet so he's going to be happy when he gets home ;3 I'm going to keep going to see how many I can get because there are some nice shiny eeveelutions
    3DS FC: 2020-0854-1341
    Native Vivillon: Polar
    Have:Elegant, high planes and Modern. Looking for any others.
    Friend safari: Pawniard, liepard and cacturne

Losing hope.
    just 4? i have 3 boxes full of Torchic trying to get shiny Blaziken. speaking of boxes, is there quick/easy way to release multiplies pokemon at once? it'll take me hours to release them after i found one or all boxes happen to be full

Quote Originally Posted by AshenWolf View Post
    just 4? i have 3 boxes full of Torchic trying to get shiny Blaziken. speaking of boxes, is there quick/easy way to release multiplies pokemon at once? it'll take me hours to release them after i found one or all boxes happen to be full
    Wondering the same thing. Currently wonder trading them all while watching TV, get some good stuff once in a while
    Before the final rat has eaten the last gram of you, Rapture will have returned.
    I will lead a parade. "Who was that," they'll say, as they point to the sad shape hanging on my wall, "who was that?"

Friend Safari contains Tranquill, Tropius, and an unknown surprise. Keeps some of that awesome suspension, right??

It's a Doduo

FC 4828 4824 4050

I started MMing to get a shiny Poliwag sometime late last night. This morning, I was running around in the flowers by the daycare to hatch while training a Fletchinder, and a shiny Smeargle jumped out! It's my second one (not in this game, first was in Platinum) but I decided to catch it anyways.

Meanwhile, Poliwag count is at 64 and the Pokeradar is hard to use :/
    Boredom is boring

I've been MMing for a shiny vulpix for 2 days now, I'm at 200~ or so eggs and nothing. I've never gotten a legit shiny nor have I ever tried to MM before, so I really have no idea what to expect other than riding around on the bike and hatching eggs for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerMaria View Post
    I know that in the past games the chains would sometimes randomly break for no reason, if that's the case in this generation then I guess it was just bad luck. Keep trying though, I used Pokeradar alot in D/P/P.

Just a quick question how much information is actually out on this for this generation? I know that around 40 was the max last time but did they change this at all or is it pretty much the same.
    It happened again after a chain of 15 with Altarias, same spot.

I'm chaining at the spot right next to the Draco Meteor move tutor. The spot isn't perfectly square, it's kind of like a fat 9. :P Anyway, the bottom left is kinda like a 2x2square attached to the rest of the flower patch. So they seem to be seperated... Touching moving grass in that 2x2 makes it pretend like it's an entirely different flower patch, "probably" breaking the chain.

That's what I suspect, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tsugaru View Post
    I've been MMing for a shiny vulpix for 2 days now, I'm at 200~ or so eggs and nothing. I've never gotten a legit shiny nor have I ever tried to MM before, so I really have no idea what to expect other than riding around on the bike and hatching eggs for hours.
    Same here. I've been trying it different today, gather like 2-3 boxes of eggs (however many you want to hatch), head to the prism tower in Lumiose, and hatch them there. You can just ride around it by holding one direction of the d-pad. Might be useful for other bored MM'ers ....

It's a Doduo

FC 4828 4824 4050

Was Chaining for a litleo, got my chain back up to 21 and a riolu breaks it. A shiny one. Not litleo but hey I'm not complaining? Female as well, caught in a Luxury ball. c:

Current MM hunt

(Quilladin/Ivysaur/Tangela)
    Message me if you want to swap FCs!

Quote Originally Posted by welcometorapture View Post
    Same here. I've been trying it different today, gather like 2-3 boxes of eggs (however many you want to hatch), head to the prism tower in Lumiose, and hatch them there. You can just ride around it by holding one direction of the d-pad. Might be useful for other bored MM'ers ....
    I actually already do go to the prism tower and tape my joystick to the side so I don't have to do that much work, that's probably why I've been doing this for hours without getting too irritated about it. I have a Talonflame with flame body so hopefully that's helping.

Okay I'm so confuzzled about the new PokeRadar. How do I use it and how does it recharge in this game? i want to shiny hunt for a Swirlix and other Pokemon, but can't figure it how to use it correctly.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i won a match with jigglypuff against kirby (the forums user) once. thanks for reading my smash bros story
    ^ So inspirational I can't even...

anyone know good places to chain?

So two days ago I decided I wanted to start breeding for a shiny. I picked my first target as a Honedge, because Aegislash is one of my favorite new pokemon, and the shiny versions of the entire family look awesome.

After about 25 eggs, not entirely sure on the count because I had wonder traded some of the babies away, I hatched my first Gen VI Shiny Pokemon. I named her Shiny Blade at first, but have since decided to rechristen her Clarent.
    [SPOILER][/SPOILER]

After that, I decided to breed some Pumpkaboo for wonder trade in order to be festive, and after a few eggs I decided to put it on hold while I search for the super sized version. I then moved my attention to breeding my Gengar with a japanese Gastly I got from WT. precisely 36 eggs later, out pops this other little beauty:
    [SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Including the Pumpkaboo eggs, I believe I hatched about 75 eggs with two shinies... not too shabby!

Now I'm breeding for an Adamant shiny Phantump. I'm really digging that the everstone now guarantees the nature beign passed down instead of 50%.

EDIT- Okay apparently I don't remember how to use spoiler tags anymore... could someone give me a little help? I don't want to kill anyone's older computer. Thanks!
    Last edited by EmeraldPhoenix; 21st October 2013 at 12:37 AM.

MY SHINY CARD All mine! <3

Feel free to add, just PM me so I can add back
    CURRENT HUNTS:
    HG- SR- 500 Pt- SR- 715

@Emerald, very nice, be sure to post a picture of shiny Mega Gengar if you ever go for it!

I have been playing since the first generation and never came across a shiny (wild or MM), but I might try my luck again this gen.

Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast