Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Pokémon & PokéRadar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Do we even know if the PokéRadar lets us chain shinies like in Gen. IV?
    I feel like people are just jumping the gun on that one.
    We've seen Shiny patches with it that had Shinies in them, so yes, it's undeniably confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by King91 View Post
    Just caught my first shiny on gen 6, in the friends safari. http://gyazo.com/d382d33afcd5cd36fa4398f37706fa4f Stoked that I got one I actually like, and it's hidden ability to boot!
    Wow, congrats!
    When a shiny Ditto copies a pokemon, does it become their shiny form? If it does you should face Zygarde/Xerneas/Yveltal and find out what they look like shiny :P

Quote Originally Posted by Razmos View Post
    Wow, congrats!
    When a shiny Ditto copies a pokemon, does it become their shiny form? If it does you should face Zygarde/Xerneas/Yveltal and find out what they look like shiny :P
    From gen IV and onwards Transform copies the opponent's exact form and shininess, I doubt they would change it back now.

At what point in the game do you get the pokeradar?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    I think it's post-game not positive though. Thats when I went and got mine though.

hey guys. i figure the friend safari is the best place to use pokeradar since the map is the perfect square shape. so good job.

Plus heres my friend code for anyone who needs it. cuz i sure need them x)
    0361-6000-2128 the names chuy

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    in the second floor of sycamores lab. i got mine post game but you might get it whenever you want

Quote Originally Posted by LavaPLUME View Post
    hey guys. i figure the friend safari is the best place to use pokeradar since the map is the perfect square shape. so good job.
    Can't. Won't let you.

oh i havent tried it yet. well besides that the pokemon village is also great. although pokemon variety is somewhat lacking..
    zoroark sounds cool though as shiny x) noctowl, foongus guy, gothitelle

edit: well no new pokes in here i suppose :P unless im missing someone

Shiny odds definitely changed. EVERYBODY is finding them, including myself. It seems like horde battles increase the chance of finding shinies, because that's where I got my shiny Geodude and I've heard plenty of hordes with shiny Pokemon stories already.

I hope someone finds an all-shiny horde. Then my life will be complete.

I am an Absol. Do not come near me, do not try to befriend me. I am your doom. I am in love with Darkrai. Do not tell him that.
    You will die. You will all die.

It's so difficult.. or I'm terrible.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Haven't had any luck getting shinies yet this game, been trying for shiny Tyrunt through masuda and Fraxure through the friend safari, hopefully my luck improves

Does anyone know about which shaking grass will have the best chance for a shiny with pokeradar? i always choose the farthest one away, and i have had no luck so far. I haven't found a shiny since gen 3.

Found a shiny Geodude in a horde battle. Thought it had sturdy like all Geodudes do. It didn't have sturdy like most Geodudes do.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtastic View Post
    Does anyone know about which shaking grass will have the best chance for a shiny with pokeradar? i always choose the farthest one away, and i have had no luck so far. I haven't found a shiny since gen 3.
    Usually thats the case, pick one thats farthest away out of 4 moving patches.

My longest chain so far was 18 on Fletching. I suck at Poke Radar.

Also, has anyone heard the rumor about tipping $1000 and having finding shinies soon after?
    3DS FC: 3496-9740-3964
    SHINYS (NOT FOR TRADE) : Wishcash (September 29th, 2009), Sliggoo (October 20th, 2013), Magmar (November 8th, 2013), Sliggoo (November 8th, 2013), Braixen (November 9th,2013), Frogadier (November 10th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post

(Credits to Smogon)

Greninja'd
    Thank you very much. ^^ though I was hoping Shiny CharizardX would be Orange, haha. Can't wait to use it.

Also, that Souvenir might have something to do with Shinies? Interesting.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by mychemro View Post
    Usually thats the case, pick one thats farthest away out of 4 moving patches.

My longest chain so far was 18 on Fletching. I suck at Poke Radar.

Also, has anyone heard the rumor about tipping $1000 and having finding shinies soon after?
    i've been tipping the minimum amount and have had no luck (obviously) :P i guess i'll go tip the maximum now and try this out

All these people finding shinies makes me wonder if the chances to find one really did increase or if we're just hearing more about them because everyone and their mother is playing this game currently.

Also wondering, if the chances *have* increased, if this affects hatching eggs too? I really want a shiny Fennekin and Litleo and I'm thinking about trying the Masuda Method for them.
    Friend Code 1263-6698-4911 (Evie) (Pokémon X)
    Psychic Safari (Abra/Espurr/Duosion)

So what's the best method for shinies atm? Hours of encounters in the safari, masuda method, hordes or poke radar(where ca you use this effectively for kalos pokemon, can you use honey during a high chain?)
    #teamchespin #teamfennekin

No idea if my experiences with shinies are useful, but I'll share what I know anyway. I found a shiny Wobbuffet in the Friend Safari. I did nothing special prior, like tipping or stuff like that.

Afterwards, I've also tried tipping (sit at the terrace for 5000 bucks, and tip 1000 bucks) and then triggering a few hordes of pokémon nearby, in case whatever theoretical buff you get wears off after a number of steps, but I saw no shinies there at all. Maybe you need to tip more often, or maybe the odds are only slightly higher to make no practical difference. Or I got unlucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin View Post
    No idea if my experiences with shinies are useful, but I'll share what I know anyway. I found a shiny Wobbuffet in the Friend Safari. I did nothing special prior, like tipping or stuff like that.

Afterwards, I've also tried tipping (sit at the terrace for 5000 bucks, and tip 1000 bucks) and then triggering a few hordes of pokémon nearby, in case whatever theoretical buff you get wears off after a number of steps, but I saw no shinies there at all. Maybe you need to tip more often, or maybe the odds are only slightly higher to make no practical difference. Or I got unlucky!
    the tipping is utter rubbish, it has no correlation to people finding shiny pokemon, other than people being unable to link coincidence to fact

Quote Originally Posted by Razmos View Post
    Wow, congrats!
    Lol that'd be awesome, unfortunately it just turns in to a mirror image of the pokemon it's copied. Also as far as tipping goes, since I heard that rumor being linked to shinies, I did start tipping a grand every time, and it didn't take long for me to get this Ditto. Of course that could be coincidence.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

Is this thread magic? I look at it and a few minutes later I find my first xy shiny! It was a shiny dusclops with adamant nature in friend safari!

I caught my first shiny today

A horsea, instead of blue, it's turqoise (my fave colour ), and the amazing thing is, I just wanted to buy a Horsea for my team, and I had NEVER encountered or battled one before in my game, so I just looked it up.
    Went to the place, used the right stuff, and the first 3/4 pokemon were not a Horsea, then, I encountered a Horsea. Female and shiny, amazing, huh

It's nature is Lonely (which boosts attack and decreases defense), which is a bummer, since Horsea is a Sp Atker, but, I'm way too happy with the fact that it's female AND shiny
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by blasian amtrax View Post
    For those who don't already know, one of the major additions to the radar is that of decoy patches which actually don't contain a pokemon and will break your chain.
    Personally my highest chain thus far is 16 skiddo.
    Is this confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    the tipping is utter rubbish, it has no correlation to people finding shiny pokemon, other than people being unable to link coincidence to fact
    Perhaps, but we don't know for sure yet either way. Judging by some of these accounts there's an awful lot of coincidence going on, so instead of dismissing any and all claims I'll try to keep an open mind for a while and see if there's any truth to it Tipping is in the game for a reason, so it'd be nice to know what the reason is, even if it's not boosting one's shiny encounter rate!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast