Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I can't step off the grass to get my 50steps and then walk back in when ready?
    I was able to walk off the grass without my chain breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    Thanks much for the info. When you ran into the second shiny patch, did you fight any normal Pikachus in between?

So you didn't hear the fast tempo music after your 40th chain encounter? If anyone else is reading this who has heard the music after chain encounter #40, tell us!
    I've only heard the music before getting to 40. I wish I knew what it meant because I've heard it as early as chain 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeviechu View Post
    No, I didn't fight any normal ones in between! That's the amazing thing, I think. I got these two shinies practically in a row, there were no encounters in between. Just a couple radar resets!

Unfortunately my chain just broke at 70. I heard the strange music again around 64 though, but none of the patches looked good so I reset the radar, and the music went away.

Here's some picture proof of my chain, I can also take some pictures of the two Pikachu if needed.

70 Pikachu chain is here- sta.sh/01ysh8l86yik
    I'm having a bit of trouble with the image uploader so that link will have to do for now.
    You chained all the way up to 70? Whoa... After 40, you don't have to chain anymore, just reset. After a few resets, I got my Shiny Skiddo. However, I tried resetting for more and then after an hour, I gave up on trying to find more shiny patches lol

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    People are saying that they hate how shiny chaining is really hard compared to DP: Well, GameFreak staff aren't idiots. They know that we're using this for shinies. They made it harder so that there's a ridiculously easy way of getting shinies, but now it's not one every 15 minutes.
    Also, chaining for a Skiddo. It's sooooo cute. Unfortunately, these furoufrus are in the way.
    I personally disagree. It was hard work getting chains in DPPt because of the multiple "rules" which are fixed in X and Y such as being able to go into "edge spaces" and having more freedom in how far away you walk from the starting point. However, "random" encounters in grass that should be perfectly fine seem to remove all the benefits put in place by removing those rules and I think that is what so many people (including myself) are annoyed about.
    1547-5713-0450

Urgh, I think I just broke my chain. I hit the wrong thing when I was resetting the radar and the whole mom message popped up and the music changed. Since there's no app anymore for x and y, how can you be sure if you broke your chain or not

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDeity View Post
    You chained all the way up to 70? Whoa... After 40, you don't have to chain anymore, just reset. After a few resets, I got my Shiny Skiddo. However, I tried resetting for more and then after an hour, I gave up on trying to find more shiny patches lol
    I had already gotten 2 shiny Pikachu in that chain, so after becoming bored of resetting a ton of times...I continued it past 40 for fun to see how high I could get it. I enjoy chaining for high numbers too, it's fun to beat my previous score. I think I'll try again later with something else.

Surprisingly, the 2 shinies I found right after one another, they each have 3 stats with 31 IV's, as checked by the guy in Kiloude. I wonder if there's any correlation as to why they do?

Has anyone gotten high chains on Scythers in Route 21? He is, like, the only shiny I actually want and boy am I having a ton of trouble. There just isn't a lot of room there :/

Is there anyway I can tell if the patch I am about to go into is a Shiny patch?
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

I believe that the chains automatically reset if you are chaining for too long or haven't walked into rustling grass recently. My chain broke for no reason when I turned toggled my radar at 30something chains. I thought that maybe you can't get a chain if you get exactly 50steps but I found that to be wrong with trial and error.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Eeviechu View Post
    No, walking off the grass and away from the area breaks a chain. You must remain in the grass you start a chain in to continue it. :0
    I can also confirm that you don't need to stay in the grass. You can step out at whatever time you like to reset the radar. It only breaks if you go off screen or if you try to use the radar again outside of the grass. My chain has never broken by stepping out of the grass so I usually run out, run around, run back in,and restart.

As a side note the past 2 days i've been chaining for Sandslashes and Larions just outside of Couriway Town on route 18. I've been doing it in the small patches of red flowers just before the town and I gotta say they are working well i'm just not lucky. It's nice that it's not measured by distance anymore. With these patches you can see mostly everything on screen as it happens, so I find it a good beginning spot. At least for me cause this is my first time actually shiny chaining.

Also on the weird music I had it start playing but I didn't have a shiny patch, hell I didn't even have any Pokemon in any of the patches so. I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    Is there anyway I can tell if the patch I am about to go into is a Shiny patch?
    There should be sparkles when the patch shakes. I'm not sure if it still does that because I haven't seen it yet, but that's what people say it should do
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 24th October 2013 at 2:19 AM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    There should be sparkles when the patch shakes. I'm not sure if it still does that because I haven't seen it yet, but that's what people say it should do
    Yes, there are golden sparkles along with a ping sound effect.

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    People are saying that they hate how shiny chaining is really hard compared to DP: Well, GameFreak staff aren't idiots. They know that we're using this for shinies. They made it harder so that there's a ridiculously easy way of getting shinies, but now it's not one every 15 minutes.
    Also, chaining for a Skiddo. It's sooooo cute. Unfortunately, these furoufrus are in the way.
    But chaining wasn't "easy" in 4th gen either. I'd sometimes spend hours before I got a chain to 40. At least I could eventually do it though given enough patience, unlike this Y where I just have no luck no matter how long I chain.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

I can confirm that if any of the legendary birds appear, they will not break your chain. Have had it happen twice.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Resetting in chaining: Is it just not entering a patch and walking around and using the radar again? Also, do you need to walk in grass when you do this?

Also, is masuda method or chaining "better"?
    Last edited by cwertle; 24th October 2013 at 2:48 AM.
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

Any way to prevent different pokemon from appearing instead? Keeps breaking my chains, highest I have gotten is about 10

Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

Finally managed to get my first Radar shiny in X. After several attempts and a chain break at 37, I managed to get a chain of 40 Pancham. Caught it and tried resetting for another one. It does seem you can't get more than 1 shiny from a chain as stated by several other people, as I got nothing after over an hour of resetting.

I too noticed that edges won't break your chain and now testing if the 4-zone rule really has been left out. Would make things a lot faster
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

I've been having terrible luck using the Poke Radar - I was able to use it (relatively) successfully back in Platinum, but it doesn't help that grassy patches tend to be smaller in X/Y. Ah well, perhaps eventually I'll get lucky. I wouldn't mind a shiny Litleo!

What should I do when i hit 40th chain?

Keep going, a shiny will appear at any moment!

and does anyone know if the Lucky charm for shinies had any benefits for the radar?

Shouldn't I keep reseting pokeradar on 40th chain? :P

Keep going, a shiny will appear at any moment!

and does anyone know if the Lucky charm for shinies had any benefits for the radar?
    If you mean the Shiny Charm from B2/W2, it's currently unknown wheter it's still in the games, as it's impossible to complete the National Dex without PokeBank. I personally don't think it makes a return in X/Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniboy View Post
    Shouldn't I keep reseting pokeradar on 40th chain? :P
    Yeah, at 40 you should stop entering patches unless you see a shiny patch. It seems that you can only get 1 shiny every chain in these games, I've heard lots of people trying to get a second one but got nothing after hours of resetting. I myself have been resetting for a second shiny Pancham for over an hour with no luck, so I decided to end the chain.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Got 2 shiny skrelp on one fishing chain last night, the first one came around the 5th chain, I seem to only find shinies on early chains rather than late ones with high chances xD

Though it may be bad luck but I had a suction cup fainted inkay and timid synchro kadabra after, but its ability didn't work on either skrelp, got a jolly and bold one, does synchro somehow not work when its not in the first slot even though its the one that battles?
    #teamchespin #teamfennekin

I believe there is a glitch in the very last row of the purple flowers infront of the daycare. It has happened at least 3times now. I toggle the radar anywhere on the last row and no rustling grass appears breaking my chain

Quote Originally Posted by pikkichu View Post
    Got 2 shiny skrelp on one fishing chain last night, the first one came around the 5th chain, I seem to only find shinies on early chains rather than late ones with high chances xD

Though it may be bad luck but I had a suction cup fainted inkay and timid synchro kadabra after, but its ability didn't work on either skrelp, got a jolly and bold one, does synchro somehow not work when its not in the first slot even though its the one that battles?
    For Synchronizing Natures to work, it must be at e front of the Party, which means that Suction Cups won't work.

I believe there is a glitch in the very last row of the purple flowers infront of the daycare. It has happened at least 3times now. I toggle the radar anywhere on the last row and no rustling grass appears breaking my chain
    Not a Glitch, that stuff happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    For Synchronizing Natures to work, it must be at e front of the Party, which means that Suction Cups won't work.
    Cool thanks for clearing that up, so it wont work with static magnet pull or cute.charm then

Do you have to faint the pokemon in a fishing chain? I heard you could run away and not break chains
    #teamchespin #teamfennekin

Quote Originally Posted by pikkichu View Post
    Cool thanks for clearing that up, so it wont work with static magnet pull or cute.charm then

Do you have to faint the pokemon in a fishing chain? I heard you could run away and not break chains
    Nope, won't work with any of them.

Not sure, although I'm pretty sure that you only need to encounter a Pokémon through Ishing without moving for it to remain a Fishing Chain.

Like I said, not sure, someone else/me needs to double-check

Is there ANY way to see how big was the last chain?

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast