Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Wow chain fishing is easy once you get te Hang of it 2 shiny skrelp a in 30 minutes and still going want a horsea XD anyone wan a shiny skrelp? Lol
    3DS friend code:4854-6903-7464
    Fire type with slugma,ponyta and ninetails

I got a shiny Skrelp and a shiny Corphish by chain fishing. It's easy and surprisingly fun. Anybody want to trade a shiny Sassy Skrelp for a shiny Modest Clauncher?
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Just caught three shinies today! Chain fishing, two Clawitzer and one Seadra made my day

Love chain fishing, its really enjoyable! So far i've got a shiny Poliwhirl (now a Politoed), 2 Corsola and an Alomomola! I want to get a Lanturn, a Staryu and a Horsea next!
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

I haven't seen anyone else mention this about chain fishing, but this is the what the NPC told me about chain fishing when I was testing to see if I could switch between the rods while consecutively fishing. (Which evidently you can btw) "Let me tell you the trick to fishing. It's all about finding narrow areas that don't stand out much. Maybe they'll be surrounded by walls or rock formations. Those are the kinds of spots where you'll find lots of Pokemon!" I haven't really tested his statement thoroughly, but I'm sure it can't hurt to take his advice into consideration.
    Friend Code: 1864-9666-7278
    Fire Type Safari: Pansear, Pyroar, and Braixen

So, I hit a 40 chain last night and had it broken by a chatot while looking for my heracross.

Can anyone confirm that it's best to quit chaining and keep resetting when you reach 40 chain in X and Y? That would make life much easier. I'm back up to a 36 chain right now so this would mean that soon I'd be at max shiny odds.

Cheers all, and good luck out there!

I've yet to find a Pokemon in XY, and looking at the recent happenings thread/this one inspired me!

So I tried my hand at this chain fishing!

I was successful!

I have so far found myself a shiny Staryu, and a shiny Horsea! I was SOOO surprised oh god I almost screamed but it's close to 5 am so none of that..

My chains weren't even that high, my Staryu was like 17? and Horsea was 21 if I counted right.

Working on getting a shiny Poliwag at the moment, then I'll try my hand at probably Remoriad/Chinchou next, or I might head onto my Y file and chain Shellder/Skrelp.

Anyways, just wanted to say thank you all for the tips, and to everyone else keep at it!

Good luck all

EDIT: OH MY LORD SHINY POLIWAG RIP ME I CAN'T HANDLE THIS.
    Last edited by Onyx Umeki; 31st October 2013 at 11:49 AM.

I caught a Shiny Ditto with the Pokeradar.

Was disappointed to find that it doesn't transform into the shiny form of a Pokemon anymore.

I wonder if they will nerf chain fishing in future games..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

So whats the point for it being shiny??

FRIEND CODE: 0705 - 3244 - 5563 KENTA

Quote Originally Posted by Kenta master View Post
    So whats the point for it being shiny??
    They usually serve as good trophies, or some people merely prefer the colouration to the normal form.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

I'm attempting to chain fish a shiny staryu. I've found 11 shiny claunchers, and not one shiny staryu. I must really be unlucky..
    Most Recent Pokeradar Shiny: X1 (chain broke at 39, going to try again for more)

Shiny Targets:

This is probably a really stupid question, but how obvious is the shiny grass in X and Y?

I feel like I should have seen some by now./

Quote Originally Posted by Feight View Post
    This is probably a really stupid question, but how obvious is the shiny grass in X and Y?

I feel like I should have seen some by now./
    It's pretty obvious. Not only will the patch be visibly different from other patches, the shiny sound also plays when it rustles.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Huh, looks like I'll have to try more chain fishing. I've gotten some pretty decent streaks, but I haven't found any shinies yet. I dearly want a shiny Skrelp!

I've pretty well given up on Pokeradar though. I can't make a chain last much longer than 3 without it breaking. ;w; Maybe when a really good X/Y radar guide comes out, I'll try again. Taking a shiny Furfrou to get its hair cut would be so fun!

EDIT: Okay, read some guides, tried again, and now I can't even get a streak TO 3. -_- What am I doing wrong? I try to pick large patches of grass to work with, I enter squares that aren't on edges and I try to pick ones that are 4 spaces away from where I'm standing. But every flipping time I'm lucky to see two of the same Pokemon in a row, much less anything shiny. This is so frustrating!
    Last edited by zozo; 31st October 2013 at 5:39 PM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
    It's pretty obvious. Not only will the patch be visibly different from other patches, the shiny sound also plays when it rustles.
    Ok, Thanks. At 40 chain now, been resetting for a while... nothing.

Keeping on keeping on!

i have terrible luck with chain fishing and the radar. none of my chains get past 11 before another pokemon ruins it.....is it too much to ask for a shiny skrelp or Mightyena?????

///

Pokegym Credit: Azulart (gym badge),FairyWitch (Userbar)
    Trinity Credit: AstralShadow (personal banner and trade shop button) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

Ok, this is getting quite tense. I had 189 max repels when I began this chain. Reached 40 chain. Now down to 80 max repels, no shiny...

Where are you, Heracross??

I just watched a quick video on how to chain since I've never done this before, and never did it in Gen 4 either. I found a patch and started with Skorupi and after the 3rd time I noticed one patch sparkled, I thought no way.
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    I just watched a quick video on how to chain since I've never done this before, and never did it in Gen 4 either. I found a patch and started with Skorupi and after the 3rd time I noticed one patch sparkled, I thought no way.
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    *gasps!*

Awesome! Congrats =)

I never could chain in Diamond but chain fishing is remarkably easy for me. I've only done it three times and have two shiny Relicanth and my third chain got to 193 without a shiny before I had to break it. Now the hunt for a shiny timid Staryu begins. By the way I'm not sure if this is well known or if it will help anyone but I'm pretty sure you can put a fainted synchronizer first in your party and put a suction cup/sticky hold pokemon second and both abilities will take effect.
    My FC is 4141-2795-0292
    Frogadier, Quagsire, Bibarel
    Please pm me if you want to add me

Just got a shiny skrelp! Yay!

It is Calm. How would you spread its EVs? Sp Att and SP Def, Sp Att and HP, SP Def and HP... I´m clueless.
    Playing Pokémon X, my FC is 0490-5631-6727.
    Add and PM me!

Well, just caught my first Chain Fishing shiny ever. A Horsea! I was hoping for a Skrelp, but I'm certainly not complaining. ^^ Naughty with average IVs, but I'll still train it up. Might make a nice mixed attacker if Outrage can be tutored at some point. ^^

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Sadly you cant let it learn outrage unless you are in BW2,but a Waterfall combo could be useful with Dragon Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's been confirmed that reaching a chain of 60 causes the pokemon you encounter to have three perfect IVs instead of the two a chain of 40 grants, so there is some benefit (Especially if you're chaining Ditto).
    Thank you very much. The question, then, is whether a progressive chain will start turning out 4, 5, and 6 perfect IVs (at 80, 100 and 120 respectively).
    Now previewing Haunted Eve Monsters for Halloween! Check them out at Facebook. and pick up Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters at Drivethru RPG. New Class (the Monster Trainer), 6 archetypes, 154 monsters, feats, magic, and so much more. Feel free to PM for more information about this game/world.

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast