Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Ok, I did it!

It was at around a 48 chain. Maxed IVs in HP and Sp.Def (ugh, but oh well!).

Jeez, that took a fair while.

Chain fishing on Route 22, hoping to get a shiny Gyarados (I want me a shiny Mega-Gyarados darn it), and not one, but 2 shiny Seaking appear., in 2 separate chains, not terribly far in.

I don't personally like Seaking all that much, but shinies are shinies.

Credit goes to Transfuse for creating this wonderful image.

Friend Code: 1006-0289-8125
    Type: Steel - Skarmory, Ferroseed, and Klefki

Current Shinies (Y only):

Spoiler:

After hours of chaining absol I finally caught a shiny on a chain of 15 and it shined right when the different music started playing. This makes me think that when the different music plays your chances of getting a shiny patch increase, but that's just a guess.

3DS FC: 5172- 0087- 0925
    Friend Safari: Electric-

FINALLY!

My gawd, Pokeradar has to be the most patience-testing process in this game. It took many tries and a lot of broken chains, but finally I can now say I Pokeradar chained a Shiny Ducklett.

That makes it my third shiny in Pokemon X, with the other two being shiny Corphish and shiny Gyarados.

When fishing anyone know if your streak messes up if you accidentally turn by accident or surf one space over? Curious Thanks guys
    Link to my 4th/5th Gen Shop
    Pocket Monsters Stop Shop

Friend Safari: Dragon/Fairy

I know that if you move from your spot and fish somewhere else, it will break the chain. However, does anyone know if the chain is broken when you make a tiny movement, but still fish in the same tile?
    Pokedex: 718/721

I'll be testing the theory that every 20 poke in a chain gets you 1 perfect IV. I'll post later with my results.

(My highest chain to date was with ditto (55) and it had two flawless IVs)

Battle Spot Doubles Team

Sprites from http://www.pkparaiso.com/

3DS FC: 3497-0560-0061
    IGN: Joe (or) Joseph

UHG. I give up on chaining in general.

I've been chaining for a straight week off and on. My Pokeradar chains, while i've gotten up to 55 will just randomly break for no reason. It's the same Pokemon, didn't hop on my bike or anything, but the chain will still suddenly break just for no good reason.

Then all day today I've been chain fishing, I got up to a chain of 100 and suddenly it says "nothing is biting." What do you mean nothing is biting game?! I HAVE SUCTION CUPS UP, HOW IS NOTHING BITING.

I swear the Pokemon series has just been out to prevent me from getting a shiny on my own.

[going to cry in a corner now]
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 1st November 2013 at 12:47 AM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    I've been chaining for a straight week off and on. My Pokeradar chains, while i've gotten up to 55 will just randomly break for no reason. It's the same Pokemon, didn't hop on my bike or anything, but the chain will still suddenly break just for no good reason.
    Have you stepped on edge Pokemon tiles? You should avoid those as they can sometimes randomly break your chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    What do you mean nothing is biting game?! I HAVE SUCTION CUPS UP, HOW IS NOTHING BITING.
    Suction Cups only raises your chance of successful fishing; it doesn't GUARANTEE successful fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by RPG Hacker View Post
    Have you stepped on edge Pokemon tiles? You should avoid those as they can sometimes randomly break your chain.

Suction Cups only raises your chance of successful fishing; it doesn't GUARANTEE successful fishing.
    I sometimes step on edges but they have never been the cause. I try to go for ones 3 to 4 spaces away still as well. It's really odd. I'll go into a rough shaking patch just like you would any patch, i'll defeat the pokemon, and I can clearly tell it's the same pokemon, but the chain will just break. There's no reason why it should though, I met all the criteria to keep going. It will just up and stop.

I was also told that it's supposed to make it a guarantee by a number of different people so that's where I got my information.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Is the Cleanse Tag effective for use while using the Pokéradar, buying hundreds of Repels doesn't really motivate me to start.
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

Tch! Wow, is this ironic. I get lucky with the earlier-mentioned Shiny Skrelp, but now I'm having, like, no luck at all w/ chain fishing. ....Of course, some of that has to do with the fact that I can be rather impatient (because of this my highest chain is only 27)... Anyways, my next goal is to catch a Shiny Dratini on Route 21.

Don't even get me started on the PokeRadar. My best chain was a chain of 5 Azurills (sad, right?). All I can do now is just HOPE that either my MMing is successful for, or I happen to run into, a Shiny Goomy.

Finally had some success with chain fishing and got myself a sparkly Poliwhirl in a dive ball! Female, Mild, Water Absorb. Laverre City right in front of that little well. Not a great IV spread though. "Decent" with the most potential in Sp. Def. Nothing spectacular, but a shiny is a shiny
    X/Y Friend Code: 4270 1326 1462
    Electric Safari with Stunfisk, Emolga, and Manetric.

Check out my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterHodor

Well, I just learned the hard way that patches of grass can appear offscreen when using the Pokeradar, as I just had one break my chain of 70+ Ditto I was catching for IV breeding purposes.

I can also confirm that Pokemon are guaranteed to have three flawless IVs at a chain of 60+.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 1st November 2013 at 2:45 AM.

I am having the worst luck with shiny pokemon this gen. I have over 85 hours played on my copy of X and I haven't seen anything even remotely shiny!

I have had fishing chains in the 80s multiple times, and nothing.
    3DS FC #1: 1822 0176 2432 - ~~Safari Type: Fighting (Tyrogue, Mienfoo, Pancham) - Jake~~

3DS FC #2: 0189 9381 2703 - ~~Safari Type: Poison (Venomoth, Gloom, TBD) - Jakeup~~

Feel free to add me, PM me if you do and I'll be sure to reciprocate.

I just had a fishing chain of 149, and no shinies... T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Well, I just learned the hard way that patches of grass can appear offscreen when using the Pokeradar, as I just had one break my chain of 70+ Ditto I was catching for IV breeding purposes.

I can also confirm that Pokemon are guaranteed to have three flawless IVs at a chain of 60+.
    The IV confirmation is interesting.
    I haven't started chaining yet, but is it possible to reach a radar chain of 80+? That would make some amazing breeding material with 4 guaranteed perfect IVs.
    I just vaguely remember that in DPPT the chain would almost certainly brake at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yolo Swaggins View Post
    I just had a fishing chain of 149, and no shinies... T.T
    I assume the 1 perfect IV rule per 20 chain does not apply to fishing, right?

Ingame name: Elro
    FC: 2148-8231-4985
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Teddiursa Minccino 3rd: Ditto
    Friendlist currently full, can only sneak in people who have a straight-up better/more interesting safari than the ones I already have.

It honestly seems easier to keep a chain going in X/Y then in DPP as long as you obey the rule of only going in grass that's four steps away (That includes diagonals).

It also feels like the chain is more likely break if there's ever more then one patch of grass that's four steps away, as well.

While chain fishing (with suction cups first) I get a "no bite" message! This is really irritating because I'm doing everything right but it keeps breaking, that's going on??
    3DS friend code - 5327-1882-8489
    PM me your code if u want (my type is fire)
    Currently playing Y and loving it lol

Luck.

Even if you're fishing in a good spot with Sunction Cups, there's still a small chance of failing, just as the Pokeradar always has a chance of failing.

someone rub off their good luck on me. I need it for my shiny Furfrou!
    //

Pokegym Credit: Azulart (gym badge),FairyWitch (Userbar)
    Trinity Credit: AstralShadow (personal banner) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by dragontamer44722 View Post
    someone rub off their good luck on me. I need it for my shiny Furfrou!
    *Rub Rub*

I've gotten 3 shinies so far. I've got some spare luck to throw around.

I was about to try Pokeradar chaining for the first time, step in grass, and encounter a Shiny Inkay before even using Pokmeradar (It was like the game knew what I wanted).
    Later, I went to try Shiny chain fishing for the first time and found a Shiny Dragalge on my 10th reel in
    And yesterday, without trying, I encountered a horde of Mime Jr that had a Shiny Mime Jr in it.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

What's better than a Malamar?
    A Shiny Malamar!

Current Shinies:
    Malamar
    Dragalge
    Mr. Mime
    Carbink
    Sandslash
    Gyrados
    Horsea
    Haxorus
    Garchomp

Nintendo 3DS FC: 0447 5404 6118
    Safari Zone Element: Electric
    Emolga, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

spent this morning concentrating on chain fishing after catching my first RE shiny Snorunt inside the friend safari .

I've managed a chain so far of 93 . also chains of approximately 38,46,53,72 and the 93 . the rest have been around 10-15 . which non have produced a shiny .

what I've found so far is that all my shinnies so far have come on and around chain 20-25 . I've obtained a shiny Qwilfish from route 8, shiny Dragalge in ambrette town and a shiny Octillery from route 12 .

has anybody else experienced there shines coming early on in there chains ?
    my current soulsilver team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So my internet has been down since yesterday afternoon and I decided to try my hand at chaining again to pass the time. I was looking for a shiny Inkay at the hidden grass bit in Azure bay. Every time I see the wrong pokemon I soft reset until I find an Inkay. On one reset I saw the silhouette of a slowpoke and just as my fingers hit the soft reset I heard the shiny noise. I felt so awful I could have died. But still, I buckled down and managed to chain up a 40 streak of Inkay. I looked at the clock and it was around 1:30. I caught the shiny at maybe 1:38 and reset the radar for the next 2 or so hours without any additional shiny patch.

I checked its IV's and it has pefect atk and sp.def I believe so that's cool. It has a neutral nature but still. Shiny inkay!

Last edited by Honkfish; 1st November 2013 at 4:33 PM.

as always my chain break

Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast