Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Someone tell me something.. When Chain Fishing, if you're PP goes down, and you either use an Ether or switch pokemon, will that break the chain? I'm kinda new to this, and I got a chain up to 20 when Parabolic Charge run out of PP, used an Ether, and the chain broke.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

You don't have to fight while chain fishing. Just give your octillery a smoke ball and run from every battle.

So far, Shiny Pancham, Doduo, Abra, Skiddo, Bunnlby, 3 Poliwhirl, and 1 Gyrados from chaining. I've found that when doing radar chaining, you want to keep resetting your radar til you get that one perfect patch that shakes the most and is at least 5 spaces away. Following this rule I don't ever break my chains. Unless I use an edge space. I stay at least 1 space away from edges and go for bushes at least 5 away from myself and shake the most. Going for 3 bushes that shake and 1 being the biggest shaking bush that it allows. I've only been doing this on route 5 but so far the theory holds strong for me. I used my masterball to catch the Abra because the only move they know is Teleport.. And well.. I really want an Alakazam. ~Favorite Pokemon~ Hope these tips help others!

I just caught a shiny Magikarp in Parfum Palace using Luxury Ball... hehe, RoyalKarp.

Chain fishing is awesome.

Edit: Got a second RoyalKarp 20 minutes later.
    Last edited by vedil; 1st November 2013 at 7:39 PM.
    Looking for ANY legit Diancie! I have various things for trade. Please PM/VM if you have one.

FC: 5284 2722 8575

P o k e m o n A l p h a S a p p h i r e

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Someone tell me something.. When Chain Fishing, if you're PP goes down, and you either use an Ether or switch pokemon, will that break the chain? I'm kinda new to this, and I got a chain up to 20 when Parabolic Charge run out of PP, used an Ether, and the chain broke.
    No i think not. I did it to day and after i used an ether i had a shiny poliwhirl in 5min.
    Last Update: 13-06-2014
    System: Nintendo 3DS Yveltal
    Playing: POKEMON Y
    Badges: 8/8
    Team: Mega Charizard y, Greninja, Mamoswine, Trevenant, Rotom-W, Venusaur
    Playtime: 722:45
    E4 Win: 90
    FC: 3DS small 0920-0764-0610, Yveltal 3DSXL 4871-4646-5819

Pokedex:
    Central Kalos Dex Seen 150, Obtained 150
    Coastel Kalos Dex Seen 153, Obtained 153
    Mountain Kalos Dex Seen 151, Obtained 151
    National PokeDex Seen 715, Obtained 715

Kalos Dex Complete 04-11-2013, Central Dex Complete 20-11-2013, Mountain Dex Complete 03-12-2013. Nat. Dex Complete 22-12-2013

Caught me a shiny Horsea on the 8th chain. ^^

I have atoned for my sins of knocking out a shiny geodude.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

So, the big question... Who will be the first to 120 chain and check for perfect IVs?

XD - I'm actually game, next time I have time.

Does anyone know at what rate does the likelihood for a shiny increase per radar chain? I know at 40 its 1/200 but what about 20 or 30 chains. Zero chains would be the regular likelihood of ~1/8000
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

i've only chained about 6 times and managed to get 2 shinies out of it. with my 2 shinies coming in around a chain between 30 - 40 (i always lose count) and the other chains being 58, about 100 twice, and my highest of 148. But still, 2 shinies is good enough for me because i can essentially create a monotype shiny team within a couple weeks if i continue to shiny chain. my 2 shinies thus far are poliwhirl and gyarados (shiny mega gyarados sadly doesn't look as bad *** as non-shiny mega gyarados)

pokeradar chaining, i suck at it. especially because i can't count and i still can't distinguish grass patches from each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysters View Post
    Okay, you guys. So I was chain fishing just now in the cave part of Victory Road, and I got up to a chain of about 20. Then, stupidly, I reeled in to soon. I was kinda discouraged, and kinda wanted to fish somewhere else.

So I surfed back to shire, started biking up to the pokecenter, and BAM. Shiny Gurrdurr.

Is this a complete coincidence? Or can you use chain fishing to catch pokemon on land?
    I had something similar happen. I had a chain of 11 and then I pulled too son, I ran a few steps north and tried again "BANG" shiny.
    Friend Code: 3909-7680-7010
    My Type: Flying(Farfetch'd, Woobat, and Rufflet)

Spoiler:- My Breeding Projects/Breeder Trades:

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoa View Post
    I had something similar happen. I had a chain of 11 and then I pulled too son, I ran a few steps north and tried again "BANG" shiny.
    i think that's just a couple cases of good luck.

I'm kind of taking a break from chain fishing first attempt I got a shiny quilfish so that was nice.

a few days later I decided to go fishing on route 20 since I was hoping for either a dragonair or a poliwhirl. Anyway I start getting a good chain going when I run into a basculin so I'm thinking meh not a fan of them but a shiny is a shiny so I start throwing poke balls at it when It uses final gambit . So I decided to try again and a about 10 mins later I run into another one but this time first turn it uses final gambit
    So I give up on CF and will try again another day I would like a shiny shelder but sadly I'm on x so maybe ill go for a clauncher or magikarp maybe even a poliwag
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

X in game name:Stacey
    OR in game name: Raven
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx7.x6. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

Has anyone figured out what the music change means yet? I get that a lot and it's really annoying. I can tell you though, if you reset your radar to get better squares, the music can go back to normal. What does it mean? I had one person suggest it indicates a hidden ability on the next pokemon, but I haven't checked it.

Quote Originally Posted by dark1raven3 View Post
    I'm kind of taking a break from chain fishing first attempt I got a shiny quilfish so that was nice.

a few days later I decided to go fishing on route 20 since I was hoping for either a dragonair or a poliwhirl. Anyway I start getting a good chain going when I run into a basculin so I'm thinking meh not a fan of them but a shiny is a shiny so I start throwing poke balls at it when It uses final gambit . So I decided to try again and a about 10 mins later I run into another one but this time first turn it uses final gambit
    So I give up on CF and will try again another day I would like a shiny shelder but sadly I'm on x so maybe ill go for a clauncher or magikarp maybe even a poliwag
    I got a shiny clauncher, they are very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by dark1raven3 View Post

if you're willing to chain for a shiny clauncher, i'm willing to chain for a shiny shelder for a trade! completely up to you, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkfish View Post
    You don't have to fight while chain fishing. Just give your octillery a smoke ball and run from every battle.
    WaitwaitwaitwaitwaitWHAT!? You're telling me you DON'T have to fight the Pokemon in chain fishing to continue the chain!?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    WaitwaitwaitwaitwaitWHAT!? You're telling me you DON'T have to fight the Pokemon in chain fishing to continue the chain!?
    nope, that's why it's so convenient. chain fishing can be continued by simply running from the battle which is why i lead with a suction cups inkay and let it faint on the first battle and then lead with a high leveled pokemon so i can just run easily each chain after that.

What is the best place to chain fish?
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

Quote Originally Posted by cwertle View Post
    What is the best place to chain fish?
    It doesn't really matter, it's not like radar chaining. It just depends on what shiny you want.

Do the increased shiny rates require you to show the man you've beaten his best or do they always occur?
    Boredom is boring

Quote Originally Posted by flygonabsol99 View Post
    Do the increased shiny rates require you to show the man you've beaten his best or do they always occur?
    They should always occur, I believe.

Thanks. Anyways, I just, after posting that, found me a shiny Skrelp by CF. Chain Fishing is SO much easier then pokeradar
    Boredom is boring

My FC is 3668-8497-7774! Add me and pm so i can add you back

So I'm still searching for my 2nd shiny Eevee to evolve into Glaceon, this time with 2 different parents. 1 Male with Modest Nature holding an Everstone and 1 Japanese Female
    60 eggs hatched so far. The way I go about it is get 90 eggs (3 full boxes) then hatch them all.

If/when I get totally full I'll release all but 2 boxes and see if I can get lucky on Wonder Trade with the rest.

just caught a shiny shellder. this is ridiculously easy but its fun

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast