Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

So out of random boredom I decided to try to chain fish in Cyllage after training against a torrent of trainers at the Chateau. I only took my Swalot with Sticky Hold thinking I wouldn't get very far. I ended up reaching a chain of 38 (Highest chain so far) when a Shiny Female Relicanth showed up! I love Shiny Relicanth and that's my second shiny in two days! But word to the wise...ALWAYS take more than just one lv. 28 Swalot when chaining with the Super Rod...and have some potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    So do we know by how much chin fishing increases shiny rate. I've been sitting on skype call with my friend for the past three hours. She said she was at around almost 200 and nothing. I can also say i've made it upwards of 120 and nothing.
    Does it really raise it at all or are we just the unluckiest people in the world.

I can also say neither of us have talked to the guy that challenges you to a chain, so maybe you do have to talk to him? And if you do I need a refresher of where that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    It has been explained a dozen times. After a chain of 40 the chance are at its max which is 1/200. You may never get a shiny even with a chain of 400.
    Yes it really does raise and yes you are unlucky.
    Talking to the fishing tool does not help with anything.
    First of all...The person was enquiring about chain "fishing"... not pokeradar chaining which are two completely different things.

Second of all... nobody knows the odds for the pokeradar this generation, it certainly appears that its the same, i.e. at 40 the odds go no higher, it might be completely different from D/P/Plat pokeradar, which from an outside perspective it clearly is... However people aren't getting 20 shinies per chain anymore, which could mean that once you get that first shiny, you can't just reset the radar for dozens more shinies, which means there is possibly a new aspect, perhaps related to the 1 perfect IV per 20 chained.

One thing is for certain though... the whole 40 chain is 1/200 for chain fishing is utter crap... Know what you're talking about before telling people its been explained a dozen times, when if it has, then every explanation has also been utter crap. I and the majority of others have obtained most of our chain fishing shinies, before rod casts have even reached 20(i myself caught 2 shinies on a single chain at 7 & 9 rod casts), heck from all the evidence i've seen posted on these forums in the past week... going beyond a fishing chain of 30 is a waste of time, better to break your chain and start anew.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 2nd November 2013 at 4:26 PM.

Regarding the music change for the Pokeradar, my chain did not break the few times I've gotten it. Then, I thought maybe it meant your chances for a shiny patch were higher when the music played, so I reset until the music went away. Never saw a shiny patch during the music, although the music lasted between 1-3 resets.
    Pokedex: 719/721

Does saving and turning off the power affect a fishing chain?

I just found this thread at gamefaqs that describes someone encountering a shiny patch on a low chain with the alternate music playing- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/67699488

At this point, it could easily be a coincidence, but we should try and replicate finding a shiny patch with the fast music.

Excitable Boy- I don't think saving disrupts your chain, but turning off the power should.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Does saving and turning off the power affect a fishing chain?
    Saving shouldn't disrupt your chain, but if you shut your 3ds off your chain will break.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Do we know if fishing chains up the 31 IVs like grass chains do yet?
    Friend Code: 3909-7680-7010
    My Type: Flying(Farfetch'd, Woobat, and Rufflet)

Spoiler:- My Breeding Projects/Breeder Trades:

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    Regarding the music change for the Pokeradar, my chain did not break the few times I've gotten it. Then, I thought maybe it meant your chances for a shiny patch were higher when the music played, so I reset until the music went away. Never saw a shiny patch during the music, although the music lasted between 1-3 resets.
    That's interesting that it remains after a few resets. I've heard that a legendary Pokemon battle (roaming Kanto birds) doesn't break the chain or the music either.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    I just found this thread at gamefaqs that describes someone encountering a shiny patch on a low chain with the alternate music playing- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/67699488

At this point, it could easily be a coincidence, but we should try and replicate finding a shiny patch with the fast music.

Excitable Boy- I don't think saving disrupts your chain, but turning off the power should.
    Yeah, basically it needs testing for a large number of people to see what can be found out about the music.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

still no luck with pokeradar or fishing.....God this sucks, is a shiny Furfrou too much to ask for!!!!!

something else I wondered was whether it was easier to find a shiny in the friend safaris. It seems like a lot of people find their shinies there.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 3rd November 2013 at 2:21 AM. Reason: double post merge

////

Pokegym Credit: Azulart (gym badge),FairyWitch (Userbar)
    Trinity Credit: AstralShadow (personal banner and trade shop button) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

dragontamer- it's pretty undeniable at this point that it does increase shiny rates. Go to the GoogleDoc linked on this page, which you can contribute to if you follow the instructions- http://a0.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comme...friend_safari/

I personally have done 1000 REs and got a shiny Wartortle at RE #460.

Doing fish chaining, I keep getting overly tense when my chains get high and reeling in early. xD
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

Quote Originally Posted by cwertle View Post
    Doing fish chaining, I keep getting overly tense when my chains get high and reeling in early. xD
    Happens to me sooo often.
    So, what's everyone's highest fishing chain? I've managed to get to 51, but am still not finding shinies Guess I'm just unlucky.
    Currently trading and looking to trade for egg moves.
    I have: Dark Pulse zorua, Dark Pulse Deino, Snarl Zorua, Hypnosis/Zen Headbutt /Roost Zubat, Curse , Aqua Ring , Imprison , Muddy Water , yawn/wish/stored power . I'll do others on request. Can do natures for any of my egg moves, though in some cases patience is required, please understand.

Visit my trade shop at http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=500528
    White FC: 3525 9605 9952

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkrai View Post
    Happens to me sooo often.
    So, what's everyone's highest fishing chain? I've managed to get to 51, but am still not finding shinies Guess I'm just unlucky.
    i strongly believe that the odds don't get any better past 30 because all my shinies (3 so far, shellder, gyarados, and poliwhirl) have been under 40. my highest chain was 148 and that resulted in no shinies and i was pissed because the next time i chained, i found my shiny gyarados in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    i strongly believe that the odds don't get any better past 30 because all my shinies (3 so far, shellder, gyarados, and poliwhirl) have been under 40. my highest chain was 148 and that resulted in no shinies and i was pissed because the next time i chained, i found my shiny gyarados in no time.
    I know how you feel, I chained up to I think 114. Then at Chain 27 of my next one, a Shiny Clauncher appeared. Still chaining for Corphish and Carvahna.

Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    I know how you feel, I chained up to I think 114. Then at Chain 27 of my next one, a Shiny Clauncher appeared. Still chaining for Corphish and Carvahna.
    right? lol it's a hassle. i was shiny chaining for a shellder because somebody wanted to trade for a shiny clauncher and it popped up at a chain of 7 and i was like "wow that was quick" but i got my shiny clauncher so i was happy. but i do advise to simply restart your chain once past 30.

and also a few tips that helped me for the overly tense :P
    put in ear buds and just listen for the ding when you're fishing. don't even look at the screen, close your eyes because when you look, you're more likely to reel it in too quickly. when you're just listening, you react a lot faster and you're a lot less likely to press A on accident.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    and also a few tips that helped me for the overly tense :P
    put in ear buds and just listen for the ding when you're fishing. don't even look at the screen, close your eyes because when you look, you're more likely to reel it in too quickly. when you're just listening, you react a lot faster and you're a lot less likely to press A on accident.
    Yes, this works very well. I used this trick in animal crossing new leaf to catch sharks. xP

Grr, been chaining for hours and nothing.
    Last edited by cwertle; 3rd November 2013 at 4:15 AM.
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

My highest chain was 41 but I always get lucky and reel it in early! Yay
    It's Always A Critical Hit When You Have Mega Kangaskhan!
    FC:4468-4012-1442
    I fight competitively now! I can breed pokemon for teams for you if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by cwertle View Post
    Yes, this works very well. I used this trick in animal crossing new leaf to catch sharks. xP

Grr, been chaining for hours and nothing.
    i know that feel. i spent an entire day chaining on and off for a gyarados and got nothing. and then one day i just chained for shits and giggles and got my shiny gyarados. let me tell you, shiny M-Gyarados isn't as bad *** looking as non-shiny M-Gyarados.

I got a chain if 137, and then I pressed a right when the exclamation mark popped up, and it said "You reeled in too late!" So disappointed by this, I'm probably never going to chain fish again unless it's just for fun. And PokeRadar chaining seems waaaay too hard just from my experimentation with it, so I guess I'm sticking with Friend Safari for my X and Y shiny Pokemon(gotten 5 from there in 3 days!).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Ive managed to get a shiny Skrelp after a chain of 74! My third shiny from this game (golett and shuppet,got this shiny Mega Banette). Ive used a lvl1 inkay with suction cup while holding Smoke Ball
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

Quote Originally Posted by Klay View Post
    Ive managed to get a shiny Skrelp after a chain of 74! My third shiny from this game (golett and shuppet,got this shiny Mega Banette). Ive used a lvl1 inkay with suction cup while holding Smoke Ball
    I use Malamar with Suction cups and give him Smoke ball as well. It works really great.

Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    I use Malamar with Suction cups and give him Smoke ball as well. It works really great.
    Yesss! I think i might do another hunt.
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

how are we doing chain fishing do i need to talk to someone ?
    Nintendo 3DS FC : 4828 4249 6668
    friend safari pokemons : ponyta larvesta and braxien
    PM me if you add my FC

Quote Originally Posted by ryananders View Post
    how are we doing chain fishing do i need to talk to someone ?
    You can read about it here.
    Basically, when you fish, don't move from the same spot and keep encountering pokémon in the same space. For some reason, this generation it ups the odds of encountering a shiny pokemon. This works best with a pokemon with sticky hold or suction cups.
    Pokémon X Team:
    (3rd Playthrough)
    2492 - 4366 - 5834
    3DS Friend Code
    Playing Pokémon X, pm me if you add me!
    Have Woobat and Pidgey in friend safari!
    Gale Wing Fletchinders too!
    Looking for fairy safaris with the togepi line.

Just found a Shiny Basculin! But it used Final Gambit and fainted itself! D:

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast