Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by REN3GADE View Post
    This might have already been asked, so sorry if it has. Are there any tips to chain fish the same Pokemon? As in, if I'm chaining Dragalge is there any way to stop Relicanth appearing? I haven't been able to get past two... Also, is there a way to hook a Pokemon every time? I know Serebii says to have a Pokemon with Suction Cups as your lead, I'm using Chinchou with Illuminate. Does that have the same effect?
    I don't think that there's any way to stop it. You don't need to get the same pokémon to continue the fishing streak though.
    White FC: 1807 3444 4520

Soul Silver FC: 3739 2011 8560

Has anyone figured out what that weird PokeRadar music means?

I've got into chaining just a little while ago, trying for Skiddo because I really want a a male shiny Gogoat. I was resetting my radar and running around and then boom, Moltres appeared - at first I was like "wut", but after a second I nearly shouted out a very nasty word, haha. Thanks god it didn't break the chain. I wonder how roamers work in this gen, I can't recall them just suddenly appearing without the player changing their location...

Still chaining, I am only at 17, but that's good for my skills anyway as I am not really good with XY PokeRadar. I hope I can get to 40.

EDIT: Touched circle pad at 19. Seriously gamefreak, why did you do this?
    Last edited by vedil; 8th November 2013 at 10:17 PM.
    Looking for ANY legit Diancie! I have various things for trade. Please PM/VM if you have one.

FC: 5284 2722 8575

P o k e m o n A l p h a S a p p h i r e

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMagikarp View Post
    I don't think that there's any way to stop it. You don't need to get the same pokémon to continue the fishing streak though.
    I literally read that seconds before I read your post. I wish I had have known that earlier.
    GENERATION V
    National 'Dex completion: 649/649 (27/6/2013)

Shiny Pokemon: (Black Tower) (Lake of Rage) (Nature Preserve) (RFT) (RFT) (RFT) (RFT) (RFT)
    *RFT=Received From Trade
    DWFs:

Spoiler:- Lvl 100's:

Black 2 FC: 2151 6093 4069

GENERATION VI

Shiny Pokemon: (RFT) Skrelp (RFT) (RFT) (RFT)
    *RFT= Received From Trade

Currently looking for all Vivillon wing patterns besides River.

Friend Safari: Normal

X/Y FC: 3909-8660-6786

Second Pokeradar testing:

Chaining Pancham in the best flower area of the Game. Managed to achieve chain #40 quickly by following my safe patterns, and taking into account the adittional decoy patch.

Shiny Patcham appeared by making 26 resets. Caught it and started to reset again for another shiny.... However, I used 120 max repels and couldnt find another shiny patch.

The question is: Has another chainer been able to get a second shiny patch after catching the first shiny? This information is crucial for chaining.

I assumed that catching another shiny during the same chain is not allowed in normal conditions, so I started to test other possibilities in my Pancham chain... Because come on... The great part of Pokeradar Chaining is that you can catch an entire box of shinies. So, I continued with my chain up to 50 until the weird music appeared. I wanted to test if the switch of music is a sign that a new shiny "has arrived" to the grass. Unfortunately, I was almost out of Max Repels and I couldnt make any conclusion. Maybe you can test it in your future chains.
    Last edited by 13mjvr; 9th November 2013 at 1:55 AM.

Sorry if this is counted as spam.

This is ridiculous. I'm chain fishing and I pressed A as soon as the !! came up but it said I reeled it in too slow. I know I didn't and that my game just has it out for me. At one point I flinched, then pressed A and still managed to reel it in. Anyway, I was curious as to what that chain was so I went to the fisherman dude who tells you about it. I know this chain was the one he was talking about cause my last one was 20-something.

94. I had a chain of 94 and I still didn't find a freaking shiny. Why does everything hate me?! But in seriousness, please tell me someone else has had the same problem with reeling in that I had.
    GENERATION V
    National 'Dex completion: 649/649 (27/6/2013)

Shiny Pokemon: (Black Tower) (Lake of Rage) (Nature Preserve) (RFT) (RFT) (RFT) (RFT) (RFT)
    *RFT=Received From Trade
    DWFs:

Spoiler:- Lvl 100's:

Black 2 FC: 2151 6093 4069

GENERATION VI

Shiny Pokemon: (RFT) Skrelp (RFT) (RFT) (RFT)
    *RFT= Received From Trade

Currently looking for all Vivillon wing patterns besides River.

Friend Safari: Normal

X/Y FC: 3909-8660-6786

Virtually everyone has found that a second shiny patch cannot be found after the first until another 40 pokemon are added to the chain. I've gone through hundreds of max repels trying to get another shiny patch to no avail. Now I just leave after I catch my shiny.
    Pokedex: 719/721

I was checking my chained Shinies and all of them have amazing stats, at least two max IVs. I also checked some abras I chained and caught before for synchronize and I found they have better stats if they were caught higher on the chain.

So that's what I'm thinking now: they created a clause of only 1 caught shiny per chain. But they added new features for chaining allowing you to get better wild pokemons as high as you achieve the chain. So that way, you won't need lots of shinies to search one with good genes. In fact, it's posible that you could get a better shiny in a chain of 50, than in a 40-chain. That's probably why the Game allows you to see more shiny patches if you didn't catch the previous shiny.

I'm going to chain again in a good spot and catch pokemons of +50 chains to see if their IV values are improved further.

i added suction cup ability cradily to my party to help with chain fishing. they say it helps. It worked(i think) i caught a shiny corsola i was aiming for a shiny huntail but blue corsola is amazing.I hoping to get a shiny seadra knowing my luck i might get a shiny relicanth.
    I thought chain ended at 40 after that it resets.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Quick question guys for those of you who have found a shiny in Friend Safari. Do you faint the pokemon or run when looking for shinnies?
    Link to my 4th/5th Gen Shop
    Pocket Monsters Stop Shop

Friend Safari: Dragon/Fairy

Okay was doing this earlier, started with Relicanth, then it turned into a Dragalge. I had a few Dragalges, then the chain broke after like 4 and went back to a Relicanth again. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

-I have Inkay in front of party, it's fainted though, but it should still work
    -I'm standing in the same place on the water
    -I'm running from the battles
    -After I run, I press Y, then the left button to go to the super rod
    -Immediately press A, haven't gotten a too fast, slow, or etc message yet

Why is the chain breaking/pokemon changing?
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Willy)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Quote Originally Posted by Kreayshawn View Post
    Okay was doing this earlier, started with Relicanth, then it turned into a Dragalge. I had a few Dragalges, then the chain broke after like 4 and went back to a Relicanth again. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

-I have Inkay in front of party, it's fainted though, but it should still work
    -I'm standing in the same place on the water
    -I'm running from the battles
    -After I run, I press Y, then the left button to go to the super rod
    -Immediately press A, haven't gotten a too fast, slow, or etc message yet

Why is the chain breaking/pokemon changing?

Have you made sure it has the ability suction cups?

Quote Originally Posted by Spektor View Post
    Have you made sure it has the ability suction cups?
    Yes it is. But even if it wasn't doesn't that only effect the rod and how you get a bite everytime, not what kind of Pokemon you catch?

Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Yes it is. But even if it wasn't doesn't that only effect the rod and how you get a bite everytime, not what kind of Pokemon you catch?
    To my knowledge, but correct me if im wrong, this is how it works

Pokemon first in your party needs ability suction cups. Helps if you make it hold the smoke ball item so you dont have to faint it. It will help it run from the pokemon you encounter. As for the pokemon you encounter, it wont be the same one all the time. Your chain does not break if you encounter a different one in the next bite. just keep fishing with out a miss and eventually you will encounter a shiny. From what ive read, some people just restart the chain if its going to high.

To my knowledge, but correct me if im wrong, this is how it works

Pokemon first in your party needs ability suction cups. Helps if you make it hold the smoke ball item so you dont have to faint it. It will help it run from the pokemon you encounter. As for the pokemon you encounter, it wont be the same one all the time. Your chain does not break if you encounter a different one in the next bite. just keep fishing with out a miss and eventually you will encounter a shiny. From what ive read, some people just restart the chain if its going to high.
    oh okay. I get it now.

Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

oh okay. I get it now.
    Hope that helps

Quick question guys for those of you who have found a shiny in Friend Safari. Do you faint the pokemon or run when looking for shinnies?
    In the Friend Safari, I ran every time. My shiny Audino from there may have just been dumb luck. I was actually Compound Eyes and Frisking Chansey's (for lucky eggs) ... and running if I didn't find what I was looking for. After about an hour (give or take) the Shiny Audino appeared. Like I said, coulda just been dumb luck. If not, well, running seemed to work?

------------------------------

I wanted to make a short post about my fishing results. I chained 168 before I ran out of gas this time. Here's my results ... each digit representing a bite and each (*) digit representing a shiny. For the record, I ran from every battle and never moved from my spot, saved or changed screens.

12345(6*)7890

(1*)234567890

I seem to be getting my shiny hits fairly early ... usually within the first 20 to 30 bites. After that, it seemingly takes FOREVER for the next shiny to surface. Occasionally I've gotten 3 shiny pokes within a 120 chain period. Usually it goes like that posted above though. Not sure if this helps anyone. Just wanted to add my results to the record.
    DS Friend Code: 3454-0492-1507
    Pokemon in My Safari: Growlithe, Slugma and Fletchinder
    Pokemon I am Looking For: Togepi, Evee, Ditto, Charmeleon, Quilladin, Lapras & Any Safari Friends!

Pokeradar...SUCKS!!! I was at a pretty good chain for Sliggoo and I went to a safe patch, and well mr. Drapion would like to break my GOD damn chain! x( I think I will stick to Chain Fishing for a while.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Has anyone tried chaining in patches other than the louder rustling ones? There might be some differences.

Also, I'm not really convinced we can't catch more than one shiny per chain. I mean, chaining isn't easier than it was in Gen4 and catching shinies by consecutive fishing doesn't end its chain. It's easy to think only one shiny pokemon can be caught per chain but, sometimes, shinies just take hours to appear. Add that to people getting tired and guessing it's impossible and as the word gets passed around, people start trying less and less.

It would be a really dick move since we now can chain while fishing (rather easily) and start completing a shiny dex.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Quote Originally Posted by 13mjvr View Post
    I was checking my chained Shinies and all of them have amazing stats, at least two max IVs. I also checked some abras I chained and caught before for synchronize and I found they have better stats if they were caught higher on the chain.

So that's what I'm thinking now: they created a clause of only 1 caught shiny per chain. But they added new features for chaining allowing you to get better wild pokemons as high as you achieve the chain. So that way, you won't need lots of shinies to search one with good genes. In fact, it's posible that you could get a better shiny in a chain of 50, than in a 40-chain. That's probably why the Game allows you to see more shiny patches if you didn't catch the previous shiny.

I'm going to chain again in a good spot and catch pokemons of +50 chains to see if their IV values are improved further.
    People have reported that every 20 chains, 1 IV gets maxed, for a total of 3.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

The PokeRadar is driving me mental. My highest chain was high 30s before I stepped in a wrong patch. Usually I only get 10-15 before I make an error.
    Chain fishing is fine but theres only so many shiny remoraids and poliwhirls one person needs. I've found most times I get a shiny in under 50 casts so it is definitely easier.

I'm personally finding yellow flowers to be much more easily differentiated from the weak flowers and the good ones.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

I was just wondering why I got "Not even a nibble" even though I have a Suction Cups Octillery at the front. I'm not really complaining as I already caught a Shiny Magikarp from that chain, but I was trying to go for a higher number.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I'm feel frustrated when trying to do Pokeradar chaining. I come so far then I mess up in some point.
    (Accidently pressed Roller Skates, accidently stepping out of the grass areas, wrong pokemon appearing, and no pokemon appearing at all.)
    Credit goes to kyogreblue3 for the banner and Fairywitch for the userbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    I was just wondering why I got "Not even a nibble" even though I have a Suction Cups Octillery at the front. I'm not really complaining as I already caught a Shiny Magikarp from that chain, but I was trying to go for a higher number.
    Suction cups only ups the chance of finding them, it's not fail safe, as it's not guaranteed it'll bite.

Anyone knows if higher fishing chains, forces higher IVs like 20,40 and 60 chains of radar?
    Almost done with my pokedex. Only missing two moon stone-evolutions, Clefable and Musharna.

I am also looking for someone to tradeback a Dialga and Palkia, Thornadus/Thundurus & Landorus

Please let me know if you can help me.

Friendsafari: Slugma, Pansear, Braxien
    FC: 0834-1823-9377
    Feel free to add my FC and leave yours

Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast