Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

So after getting to 40 and failing with Pancham last night, I returned to route 5 to try again.

Tonight's target was Skiddo. on my first attempt, I got up to 40, but I stupidly ran one square too far and accidentally stepped into a decoy patch.

I tried again and got a chain of Skiddo to 40 again. This time, I finally succeeded and walked away with a shiny Skiddo! The game didn't make it easy, though. It took a pretty long time for the shiny patch to appear. Also, I swear the game was trying hard to troll me. There were numerous times where decoy patches appeared directly behind/next to my character. I had to stay on my toes the entire time.

I'm still kind of bummed that I hit the sweet spot 3 times and only got one shiny from it. Especially given the stupid ways the other two broke. I'm very happy, though. Very tired, but happy.
    A few things about myself:

Spoiler:- About:

Quote Originally Posted by luigiis View Post
    I'm feel frustrated when trying to do Pokeradar chaining. I come so far then I mess up in some point.
    (Accidently pressed Roller Skates, accidently stepping out of the grass areas, wrong pokemon appearing, and no pokemon appearing at all.)
    Stepping out of the grass doesn't break the chain.

Anyone knows a good spot for chaining in the early forest? The camera angle is killing me...

Kind of off-topic but do Zigzagoons hold itens? I've stolen from several of them with Compound Eyes and nothing...
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

I'll try this later. I had no luck in D/P but I hope it's better this time.

Is 40 the max you can chain up to before it fails?
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

YES! Just chained a shiny Seaking. Downside is it's a female, so it's more of a Seaqueen, but I couldn't be happier. Made so many rookie mistakes of pulling the rod in too early cause I got spooked.

This marks my first shiny in Gen VI, my first chained shiny ever and the third shiny I've caught myself

EDIT: Does finding/catching a shiny break a chain fishing streak?
    Last edited by REN3GADE; 9th November 2013 at 7:07 PM.
    GENERATION V
    National 'Dex completion: 649/649 (27/6/2013)

Shiny Pokemon: (Black Tower) (Lake of Rage) (Nature Preserve) (RFT) (RFT) (RFT) (RFT) (RFT)
    *RFT=Received From Trade
    DWFs:

Spoiler:- Lvl 100's:

Black 2 FC: 2151 6093 4069

GENERATION VI

Shiny Pokemon: (RFT) Skrelp (RFT) (RFT) (RFT)
    *RFT= Received From Trade

Currently looking for all Vivillon wing patterns besides River.

Friend Safari: Normal

X/Y FC: 3909-8660-6786

Just caught myself a shiny Dragalge, over the moon.

Question though... I know pokeradar chaining gets a pokemon higher IVs, but does chain fishing do the same?
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Kreayshawn View Post
    I'll try this later. I had no luck in D/P but I hope it's better this time.

Is 40 the max you can chain up to before it fails?
    No, that's the number people choose to stop chaining and start reseting, when the probability of shinies gets maxed up.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

Default Extreme Pokeradar Testing!!

I started to chain Inkay with the goal to obtain two shinies during the same chain and catch every pokemon after the chain #40 to make a table of improving IVs during a chain.

- I managed to catch my first Shiny Inkay during chain #40, by resetting the pokeradar a few times.

- I decided to continue my chain without resetting anymore because my chaining experience in past chains proved me that no more shinies are there in 40-chain. In some way, I predicted that the radar count was set to 0 for shinies, despite the count for wild pokemon is still 40.

- Then I catch every Inkay between chain #40 and chain #80, to test their IVs later. My prediction is that in chain #80, any caught pokemon has 4 max IVs.

- Catching pokemon is easier if the chain is very high, the pokeball is thrown very fast.

- And then I tried for a second shiny at chain #81 and SHINY PATCH appeared AGAIN!! My chaining testing proves that it's posible to catch 2 shinies in the "same chain", but you need to continue with the current chain until it reaches 80/81.

I have the feeling my second Shiny Inkay is far better than the first one. I'll check all Inkays I caught between 40-82 later. I'm currently deciding if I should continue my chain until it reaches #120. By the way, I'll upload videos as evidence.
    Last edited by 13mjvr; 9th November 2013 at 8:21 PM.

13mjvr- Thanks so much for the great info. I certainly appreciate people investigating the Pokeradar. If you read a few pages back, you'll find someone has already conducted your tests. In order to get a second shiny patch, you have to faint/capture another 40 Pokemon, and the perfect IVs cap out at a chain of 60 with 3 perfect IVs.

Now if we can figure out the music...
    Pokedex: 718/721

Quote Originally Posted by kjthek1ng View Post
    Anyone knows if higher fishing chains, forces higher IVs like 20,40 and 60 chains of radar?
    Not sure on this. Generally speaking, my first Shiny (in this case Gyarados) had a max Speed IV but everything else was really weak (like single digits). That was after 25 chains. Compare that to my Shiny Gyarados obtained after 80+ chains which had no max IVs BUT all of the IVs were equally *very* high (in the high 20s each). This has been rather consistent. I also find that my early shiny pokemon are easier to catch than those obtained later. Coincidence? Maybe.
    DS Friend Code: 3454-0492-1507
    Pokemon in My Safari: Growlithe, Slugma and Fletchinder
    Pokemon I am Looking For: Togepi, Evee, Ditto, Charmeleon, Quilladin, Lapras & Any Safari Friends!

Quote Originally Posted by 13mjvr View Post
    I started to chain Inkay with the goal to obtain two shinies during the same chain and catch every pokemon after the chain #40 to make a table of improving IVs during a chain.

- I managed to catch my first Shiny Inkay during chain #40, by resetting the pokeradar a few times.

- I decided to continue my chain without resetting anymore because my chaining experience in past chains proved me that no more shinies are there in 40-chain. In some way, I predicted that the radar count was set to 0 for shinies, despite the count for wild pokemon is still 40.

- Then I catch every Inkay between chain #40 and chain #80, to test their IVs later. My prediction is that in chain #80, any caught pokemon has 4 max IVs.

- Catching pokemon is easier if the chain is very high, the pokeball is thrown very fast.

- And then I tried for a second shiny at chain #81 and SHINY PATCH appeared AGAIN!! My chaining testing proves that it's posible to catch 2 shinies in the "same chain", but you need to continue with the current chain until it reaches 80/81.

I have the feeling my second Shiny Inkay is far better than the first one. I'll check all Inkays I caught between 40-82 later. I'm currently deciding if I should continue my chain until it reaches #120. By the way, I'll upload videos as evidence.
    - 1 maxed IV is added every 20 encounters, with a max of 3 maxed IV's

- You might be on spot then with the shiny rate resetting after encountering one, that would explain how some people still got a shiny patch only a few minutes after their first one, but a lot people not getting more.

-Pokéballs being thrown fast has nothing to do with chaining, it's a mechanic called critical catch
    Friend Code: 1993-8275-2626
    Friend-Safari: Grass: Tangela - Ivysaur - Gogoat

Y Shinies:     Spoiler:- White = RE, Blue = Chain Fishing, Orange = Pokeradar:

i think its all luck the only you can usually get great ivs is by breeding. however shinnies that i caught by chain fishing do hapoen to have at least 1 iv good stat. might be wrong just an opinion
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

So I finally used my Master ball, and I used on a a Shiny Abra! It was during chaining and I knew that it would have teleport. I cannot wait to trade evolve it into Alakazam and Mega evolve it.

So after this experience, I was wondering, what happens if the wild pokemon teleports out of battle? Will the chain break if that happens as if the user ran away?

I've been trying to get a Shiny Skiddo all day,still no luck(i am no good at this!)
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Having 8 or 9 pokemon in one route will inevitably lower their appearance rates. Maybe we're almost always dealing with 10%~20% appearance chains, thus the lower success.

Kalos Shinies:

Found a shiny Bergmite in Friend Safari, it didn't take long :3 I'm guessing using Friend Safari for pokemon that only appear in caves and can't be chained is a good method... I wonder if every pokemon is available in Friend Safari...

Don't know if someone have tested this, but if Vivillon or its pre-evolutions are catchable in Friend Safari, which form of Vivillon are you going to get?
    Last edited by alakazam^; 10th November 2013 at 1:58 AM.

Kalos Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    Found a shiny Bergmite in Friend Safari, it didn't take long :3 I'm guessing using Friend Safari for pokemon that only appear in caves and can't be chained is a good method... I wonder if every pokemon is available in Friend Safari...

Don't know if someone have tested this, but if Vivillon or its pre-evolutions are catchable in Friend Safari, which form of Vivillon are you going to get?
    You get the form from your game
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Successfully chained for a shiny Bunnelby. Bunnelby was a very low priority, but I figured it would be good practice. It went to 40 and after a few dozen resets, I got the shiny patch. Its shiny form doesn't look that bad at all.
    A few things about myself:

Spoiler:- About:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    You get the form from your game
    Bummer :\ Completing all of its forms and shiny forms will be near impossible.

Kalos Shinies:

It kills me when I break my chain especially when I am soo close. :P
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    White 2 Friend Code: 4814-4788-5536
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0535-0745
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    •Snivy Fan Here ^_^
    I am looking for More friend safari's, Pm me your friend code.
    I choose you, Froakie!!!

Where are good chaining spots? Every place is so small.
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Pokemon Village. In front of the daycare. There's is a biggass patch of purple flowers right and then north of Camphirer Town.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

So I considered myself an expert at chaining in 4th gen and had it perfected. This gen... it's even easier guys. The mechanics have changed but it takes less time if you follow the rules of chaining this generation. I was actually able to teach myself how to chain, it's trial and error.

Start the chain then follow some simple rules. The main rule is of course to go into patches that have a violent shake. Avoid the slower shaking patches. I counted three variations of patches. The slowest ones are simple to see and avoid. The troublesome ones are the ones that shake somewhat quickly but not 'violently' so to speak. If you can differentiate those patches then you will succeed eventually.

The next rule of mine is to never enter a patch that is directly next to your character. These have broke my chains whether violently shaking or not. The edges seem to be fine to me this generation also and it is certainly not necessary to go to a patch that is 4 patches away. Just avoid the ones directly next to your character and the streak should keep going. Trust your gut and if you do not like the patches you have seen, be sure to reset. I just caught a shiny pink Ducklett which looks so great I might not even evolve it.

I haven't read the full thread guys so sorry if I'm just repeating tips but hopefully I can help someone.

EDIT: Just to add my experience - I have found that after catching one shiny pokemon, that I can not find another shiny pokemon in that same chain. I am beginning to feel that it is impossible to catch more than one shiny pokemon in one chain (Can we confirm this yet or has somebody caught more than one in a single chain?). I would recommend that after catching a shiny that you end the chain. Maybe fly to the nearest town and go back to a route for another chain etc. Hope this helps.

My beautiful Ducklett

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/amxq12.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2qlesk1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.*******.com/6716qh.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Emily101; 10th November 2013 at 6:57 AM.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by gabes1919 View Post
    I can personally verify this is possible. I used radar and found a shiny on the first violent patch. Did not shine for me. I've never even seen a damn shiny patch.
    Exactly the same thing happened to me! I was trying for a shiny Litleo, and started the Poke Radar. The very first patch I walked into (just an ordinary, shaking patch) was a shiny Diggersby, of all things. The music was the normal Poke Radar music (not the upbeat, "OH MY GOD SOMETHING EXCITING IS HAPPENING BUT NO-ONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS YET" music).

I can also verify that it is *definitely* possible to get two shinies in the same chain, but it seems indeed that the odds will reset once you've found each shiny. I managed to get a shiny Litleo today at a chain of 40. I then kept going, getting all the way up to 83, before encountering a second shiny Litleo. The first shiny at 40 had two perfect IVs, and the second had three perfect IVs.

I definitely recommend persisting with the Radar, to those who are having difficulty with it. I had absolutely appalling luck with it the first few times I used it, but eventually I got the hang of it. I personally only ever enter grassy patches if they are both violently shaking and four tiles away (and not on a corner or edge) in order to maximise my chances of continuing the chain.
    Last edited by Astarael; 10th November 2013 at 10:16 AM.

Got up to chain 40, catched a shiny Yayakoma, continued the chain, went up to chain 70 (rather easily), upbeat music played, decided reseting in order to see if shiny patch appeared, shiny patch appeared.
    Last edited by alakazam^; 10th November 2013 at 1:09 PM.

Kalos Shinies:

The only chaining I can do really in VI is fish chaining,
    I haven't been lucky with actually using Pokeradar.
    I've tried using Gen IV's swarm because... you know swarms are more common and thus the perfect targets for chaining, no such luck here.
    With the decoy patches, it's annoying, not as annoying as the fact in Gen IV you had a way to count your chain onscreen and in VI you have to memorize the times you've encountered a Pokemon.
    Otherwise, fish chaining is the easiest, doesn't have a lot of targets... but... it's interesting.

Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast