Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDeity View Post
    Thank Arceus for the Japanese guide uncovering the mystery for us....most people had predicted this was the purpose of the music.
    So anyone know where this guide is, and when it will be translated?
    Pokedex: 719/721

I have a question. When I tried using poke radar the other day to catch a shiny furfrou, upbeat music starting playing at about the 19th chain. I walked into the patch of grass that I am sure was shaking the most but no shiny appeared. Did I miss my opportunity at catching a shiny? Also, does that music play when the shiny grass shakes or does the regular PokeRadar music play when a shiny grass shakes? PokeRadar has me confused. :?
    3DS FC: 3496-9493-8590

I noticed that the less I stress about it and the more freely I walk into the patches, the longer my chains are, haha. Everytime I try to be a perfectionist and stress out I break them easily... so I guess, we all should try to risk once in a while when chaining.
    Looking for ANY legit Diancie! I have various things for trade. Please PM/VM if you have one.

FC: 5284 2722 8575

P o k e m o n A l p h a S a p p h i r e

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

I'm getting so annoyed with the Radar now =/
    I keep getting my chain to around 30... and then I step into the same type of shaking grass, same noise, same visualisation, never next to another patch, and always 4 steps away... and it breaks. I've not been able to get over 34 for the last three days... (Sadly 34 is the highest I've gotten ever)
    I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong to break the chain that close to shinyville ;_;
    4871-3883-3277 My Safari is type with: Pansear, Braxien and Larvesta!
    I'm almost out of space for new Safari friends and I'm still looking for Safari's with:
    -- Bug: Masquerain---
    PM me your FC if you add me ^^ (I'm only taking people with the Safari's listed above) And remember to connect in your pokemon game so that your friends can register your third safari slot! =D

I've had mixed luck so far with Chain Fishing yet haven't managed to try PokeRadar yet - I've been so busy!

In terms of fishing, I've caught 3 shinies so far. Was hoping for a Poliwhirl or Dragonair in Route 21 (?) and ended up with a Shiny Basculin, which is the worst thing ever in terms of shiny Pokemon. I even preferred the Shiny Luvdisc I also caught, at least that drastically changes colour! Caught those on chains of 33 and 28. I also got a Shiny Qwilfish on a chain of 11. It's been a mixed bag though as I chained at one point up to 126 and got absolutely nothing and then I pulled in too slow. I was gutted!
    Jack5326
    3DS Friend Code: 2251-5260-4403
    Type Friend Safari with Ponyta, Larvesta and Braixen!

Quote Originally Posted by BL00p View Post
    I have a question. When I tried using poke radar the other day to catch a shiny furfrou, upbeat music starting playing at about the 19th chain. I walked into the patch of grass that I am sure was shaking the most but no shiny appeared. Did I miss my opportunity at catching a shiny? Also, does that music play when the shiny grass shakes or does the regular PokeRadar music play when a shiny grass shakes? PokeRadar has me confused. :?
    The guidebook says the music improves the chances of a shiny appearing, but it doesn't mean a shiny will 100% appear. The normal music plays when the shiny patch appears, although I think it's possible to get a shiny patche with the upbeat music but either way you'll hear a sound effect when that happens.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

So, I chained up to 40 and caught a shiny Skiddo! It's a girl though, so I am going to continue, I really want a male one. Let's see how far can I get and what will be with the IVs, too.
    Looking for ANY legit Diancie! I have various things for trade. Please PM/VM if you have one.

FC: 5284 2722 8575

P o k e m o n A l p h a S a p p h i r e

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack5326 View Post
    Shiny Basculin, which is the worst thing ever in terms of shiny Pokemon
    I know that feeling. I found a shiny Dunsparce.
    FC: 3952-7045-7451

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    So anyone know where this guide is, and when it will be translated?
    I've only seen scans from the guidebook across the net and they're all the same. I'm sure all the noteworthy info will be translated and compiled at some point.

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

So is the More up-beat music have a higher chance to get a shiny than after a chain of 40?
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

I had really bad luck with fishing chaining, getting chains of 175+ before accidently breaking them and getting nothing. My luck changed when i got a shiny clauncher at a chain of 14

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Just encountered another Shiny Basculin on Route 21. Wasn't really counting the chain but it was about 25 I think. Anyway, as my Octillery with Suction Cups had fainted, my Delphox was next in my party. I hit it with a Flamethrower and then it used Double Edge, putting it right in the red. Then I forgot I had Rocky Helmet attached to Delphox (I'd done that for the Battle Maison) and then the Basculin fainted. Not even bothered though in the slightest ha. If it was Dragonair, then I'd have been angry!
    Jack5326

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    So is the More up-beat music have a higher chance to get a shiny than after a chain of 40?
    Since the data of the games hasn't been fully decrypted, we won't know exact figures on this. Guidebooks never do this, sadly. I can do some testing since I'm fairly good at chaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    I've heard the upbeat music 10+ times, and nothing came from it.

However...
    after a tragically failed chain of Noctowl at 32, I lackadaisically began a brand new chain of, again, Noctowl, because I have the worst luck finding Trevenant in violently shaking grass. The first three or four chains I just walked into the biggest patch right next to my character because I was tired and didn't care anymore. It didn't come as a surprise when I saw Trevenant's silhouette, but what really came as a super dooper awesome amazingly swell surprise was that it was SHINY. Oh the Shiny Lords took pity on me at last.

Anyway, I walked into the grass too quickly to notice any change in music, but if the music did change, that may very well be why shiny Trevenant revealed itself. Or, I just got lucky. Except I'm never lucky. It could be that walking into the patch nearest to you boosts your odds, even if you're technically at risk of breaking your chain.

1779 1165 5016

Once i decided to see what happened if i went into edge-bushes. It often keeps the chain up if you get the most ruslting bush, you can also reset radar. But if you go from an Edge to another edge-bush, your chain will break. Not sure if just stating the obvious or something people wasn't quite fond of.
    Almost done with my pokedex. Only missing two moon stone-evolutions, Clefable and Musharna.

I am also looking for someone to tradeback a Dialga and Palkia, Thornadus/Thundurus & Landorus

Please let me know if you can help me.

Friendsafari: Slugma, Pansear, Braxien
    FC: 0834-1823-9377
    Feel free to add my FC and leave yours

How come everyone has more luck than me with chains, my max was around 9, i keep on having my chain broken on the hunt for croagunk/spritzee and another pokemon keeps on breaking it! > my best bet is that i mix up fast grass and normal grass, cause i do it for so long i forget, can someone help me how to differentiate the two please? i know it sounds stupid but sometimes it messes me up

Caught a shiny qwilfish, octillery, and dragalgae this weekend. Chain fishing is the bomb diggity

Officially claimed Dominic Santiego from the Gears of war series

Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

Black ice never dies. cut one head off, another two grow back. Just look in the miror and see that you will crumble before the might of Black ice.
    http://blackice.forumotion.com/

Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

I just cannot chain.. I am super unlucky or just really dumb xD I can never differentiate which patches shake like the previous one.. got any tips?
    My trade thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ity-Trade-Shop!
    Got many perfect pokemon up for trade!

Caught my fourth X/Y shiny earlier on - a Shiny Poliwhirl from Route 21! Didn't count my chain but it was only about 20 or so. It's nature is Quirky which is a shame yet I'm still happy with it!
    Jack5326

Chain-fished my second shiny Clauncher on the THIRD chain. Pretty sure it was a coincidence. Cool coincidence, though.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Caught my fourth Pokeradar shiny just now. It's a shiny Spritzee from route 7. Chain of 40, plus a long reset period. Doesn't look that bad. I'm having more luck with the radar in gen VI than I ever did with gen IV. To the people who have good experience with both, is this radar easier than the gen IV version? It would be awesome if I'm just better at it than I was earlier, but IDK.

There's a bunch of targets I still want. Fletching, Scatterbug, Caterpie, and Pancham are the main ones right now.
    A few things about myself:

Spoiler:- About:

Does anyone know if targeting the daily pokemon increases the chances of finding a shiny?
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Tried out chain fishing again to get a Shiny Remoraid and ended up with two Shiny Chinchou xD

My gf wanted a Shiny one [and ironically she got a Shiny Remoraid] so I'm gonna trade one of them to her. I'll get my own Remoraid, though .w.

UPDATE: Found yet another Shiny Chinchou omgggggg what is this

Quote Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
    Caught my fourth Pokeradar shiny just now. It's a shiny Spritzee from route 7. Chain of 40, plus a long reset period. Doesn't look that bad. I'm having more luck with the radar in gen VI than I ever did with gen IV. To the people who have good experience with both, is this radar easier than the gen IV version? It would be awesome if I'm just better at it than I was earlier, but IDK.

There's a bunch of targets I still want. Fletching, Scatterbug, Caterpie, and Pancham are the main ones right now.
    Yesssss, it's waaaaaaay easier than 4th gen. I chained my last Shiny effortlessly....which was Furfrou.
    Last edited by SkyDeity; 12th November 2013 at 6:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzoroark777 View Post
    How come everyone has more luck than me with chains, my max was around 9, i keep on having my chain broken on the hunt for croagunk/spritzee and another pokemon keeps on breaking it! > my best bet is that i mix up fast grass and normal grass, cause i do it for so long i forget, can someone help me how to differentiate the two please? i know it sounds stupid but sometimes it messes me up
    You can try paying attention to the sounds. A violent patch sounds louder than a normal one and it also looks like the grass grows a bit and shakes on top of the surrounding patches. The normal one shakes but stays mostly in place.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

I am one who has never chained for shinies before (not even in Gen IV). I was wondering if any seasoned pros could answer some questions:

1. Which routes do you recommend chaining on (rarer pokémon, cooler pokemon, less variety, more variety, etc.)?
    2. What do you do to prepare for a shiny chaining expedition?
    3. What are other tips you have for a newbie?

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast