Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

It sucks that the routes that have good Pokemon in them, only have small Grass/Flower patches and are not good for PokeRadar chaining...

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Doobius View Post
    hopefully i can get a couple quick answers. on a chain of about 30 in the village with a zoroark and don't want to mess it up. will my chain break if i use some sort of pp restore or potion, or if i switch out to another poke? only have moves left with blaziken that do damage to myself as well, so can i restore hp or pp, or will that break it....or can i switch to a different poke out of battle, or let this guy faint and go to the next?
    While in battle, the only thing that breaks a chain is running.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDeity View Post

Eggs have always been determined once you receive them but now in Gen VI, the eggs are determined when the parents are placed in the daycare. I tested this by saving before receiving any eggs, hatching several eggs, soft resetting, and hatching the same amount of eggs over again.

I got the same IVs, nature, and Ability for all the Pokemon I hatched before soft resetting.
    Sorry but that is just not true. I'll concede that the first egg is determined when the parents are deposited, but certainly not all of the eggs.

I got myself a Shiny Amaura by following a SR hatching method. I fill up so many boxes a day, and SR at the end of the day if none are Shiny.

I saved before collecting the first egg(the guy didn't have an egg for me to collect yet), and on the first day i hatched 240 eggs or thereabouts, then at the end of the day i just shut down my DS system no saving or anything. Upon starting the next day, on the 23rd egg a Shiny Amaura popped out.

I kept track of the natures, and whilst the first egg was always the same nature, IV's and everything else the same, the eggs which followed were different.

Plenty of my fellow Shiny Hunters have obtained shiny pokemon via this SR method too.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 14th November 2013 at 11:22 AM.

in regards to chaining, has anyone else noticed their chain pokemon showing up on certain patches? i tested this all day (7+ hrs) yesterday and noticed that if i stayed on the same patch, and went to a patch that i encountered that pokemon in noticeably more, it was usually the same pokemon. is that luck? even when starting my chain. i have never chained before but have found it to be really addicting albeit frustrating. still no shiny though, i accidentally break my chain at 10-13. having trouble differentiating the patches!

how reliable is the method of going to the #4 patch? when on a grid (grass patches) that isn't 9x9, such as one that's 5x7, like this:

3 3 3 3 3
    2 2 2 2 2
    2 2 1 2 2
    2 1 P 1 2
    2 1 1 1 2
    2 2 2 2 2
    3 3 3 3 3

how do you discern the #4 patch if there isn't one? what does this mean in regards to people that swear by only going into patches that are four away from them (eg, on the grid, there is an extra 5 4's on top and bottom) and not on the edge or none 1 away from them? i am finding it hard to understand if i am not in a 9x9, how do i get a patch four away from me? do i need to change my player's position? do i just need to keep resetting my poke radar until a "good" patch pops up that isn't one away from me?

i'm beginning to think that it doesn't matter where it is in regards to where you are, it's more about being able to actually see the bush, which means it's better to go into ones really far away from you. if it's farther, you can make out the bush better. so maybe i should try moving my position. any thoughts and help would be really appreciated. i have read a lot on chaining, but something seems to not be clicking for me. i hope this isn't too many questions ! i am trying to chain a shiny riolu
    Last edited by espurr; 14th November 2013 at 1:02 PM.

Hey guys -- just opening up this thread and I apologize if some of these questions have been addressed:

If I put my 3DS to sleep, will it interrupt chain fishing?
    Will a pokemon in my party evolving interrupt chain fishing or radar?
    I hear the PokeRadar music change almost immediately. When my chain breaks, due to my inability to pay attention or do it right, the music stops. Is the music a good indicator of successful chaining?
    3DS Friend Code: 3695-0025-3263
    Friend Safari: Fire with Magmar, Pyroar, and Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post
    Hey guys -- just opening up this thread and I apologize if some of these questions have been addressed:

If I put my 3DS to sleep, will it interrupt chain fishing?
    Will a pokemon in my party evolving interrupt chain fishing or radar?
    I hear the PokeRadar music change almost immediately. When my chain breaks, due to my inability to pay attention or do it right, the music stops. Is the music a good indicator of successful chaining?
    1. Yes, that will break your fishing chains.
    2. Nope, you're fine if a pokemon evolves ^^
    3. There's two types of pokeradar music, the normal one that starts as soon as you begin using the radar (which tells you that your chain is active) and the upbeat, jazzy music, which is supposed to mean that there's a slightly boosted chance of a shiny appearing. If either of those stops and you go back to the route music, it means that the chain is broken =)
    As far as I know, the music is just there as an indication that you're on a chain =)
    4871-3883-3277 My Safari is type with: Pansear, Braxien and Larvesta!
    I'm almost out of space for new Safari friends and I'm still looking for Safari's with:
    -- Bug: Masquerain---
    PM me your FC if you add me ^^ (I'm only taking people with the Safari's listed above) And remember to connect in your pokemon game so that your friends can register your third safari slot! =D

Pretty sure that putting your 3DS in sleep mode will not break the chain, as long as you don't exit the software.

I just chained 157 Dittos. *_* I have four Dittos with four maxed out IVs now though (and several shinies).

I'm at the point with PokeRadar chaining that, if I feel like I missed the fast shaking grass or if I'm not confident in my options after an encounter, I just run 50 steps and set it off again. Is this a safe approach? Because I keep faltering around 18 and that's really frustrating. Any suggestions?

Last night, I tried to chain for a Shiny Hawlucha. Up until chain 17, a Golett showed up. I tried two times again...and the same Golett appeared.

I may have a vendetta against the entire Golett line now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post
    I'm at the point with PokeRadar chaining that, if I feel like I missed the fast shaking grass or if I'm not confident in my options after an encounter, I just run 50 steps and set it off again. Is this a safe approach? Because I keep faltering around 18 and that's really frustrating. Any suggestions?
    This is a safe approach.

I really wish there were a mechanic to boost shinies in hordes as well, even if it was just the Pokeradar working with horde battles.

For the past 4-5 days, I've been attempting to track down a shiny Mareep with Statc!Pikachu and Sweet Scent!Victreebel. The first day, after about 30 minutes, I encountered a shiny Tauros in a horde right after a flock of Mareep, but since then, I've only come up empty. It's a shame too, because most of the shiny Pokemon I've found have actually been in hordes, but not while I was actively shiny hunting.
    Pokemon Y
    Trainer Name: Y
    3DS Friend Code: 0946-2358-7257
    Friend Safari: Grass - Tangela, Sawsbuck, Quilladin
    Vivillon Pattern: Modern
    Searching for English Scatterbug EGGS of the following patterns, in Pokeballs: Elegant, Monsoon

I keep taking breaks at work to chain fish, and I lost track of how long my chain is. I'm just running from the battles as this has been indicated as an action that won't break the chain. Does anyone have a confirmation on whether or not putting the system to sleep / closing the lid of the system breaks a chain?

Well I just caught my first shiny through chaining, a shiny Croagunk! It only took me about 20 minutes too! After about 8 or 9 chains (I wasn't keeping very close count, but it was a low number) the upbeat music began to play. I decided to reset my radar and use it again and sure enough, a shiny patch appeared! I followed Emily101's guide on chaining, and I would definitely recommend it (it's located on page 28 of this thread)
    Pokémon X FC : 4441-9580-4496

Friend Safari : Ghost Type
    Lampent
    Drifblim

Pumpkaboo

so this shiny patch....how does it look or sound? does it sparkle or make a different jingle noise? hoping it isn't crazy hard to see in the yellow village flowers...
    3DS Friend Code: Doobius - 1607-2505-9784
    Safari: Electric - Pikachu - Dedenne - Luxio

Your signature contained too many images. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Sorry but that is just not true. I'll concede that the first egg is determined when the parents are deposited, but certainly not all of the eggs.

I got myself a Shiny Amaura by following a SR hatching method. I fill up so many boxes a day, and SR at the end of the day if none are Shiny.

I saved before collecting the first egg(the guy didn't have an egg for me to collect yet), and on the first day i hatched 240 eggs or thereabouts, then at the end of the day i just shut down my DS system no saving or anything. Upon starting the next day, on the 23rd egg a Shiny Amaura popped out.

I kept track of the natures, and whilst the first egg was always the same nature, IV's and everything else the same, the eggs which followed were different.

Plenty of my fellow Shiny Hunters have obtained shiny pokemon via this SR method too.
    Ah, well, thanks for clearing that up. I guess it was pure coincidence and since other people had documented this happening, I pretty much believed it. But yeah, that's exactly what I told the person, though lol....to save prior to placing the parents in the daycare so we're on the same page there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobius View Post
    so this shiny patch....how does it look or sound? does it sparkle or make a different jingle noise? hoping it isn't crazy hard to see in the yellow village flowers...
    The shiny patch will sparkle golden and you will hear a noise. I believe the 'Shine' sound effect used in PR Video Studio is the noise.

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

Did the odds of the Masuda Method change for Gen 6 or are they the same as they used to be
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Hey guys, first time register.

Thought I'd share some information now that I'm a "chain master". I've been successfully getting shiny, after shiny after shiny. I now almost have almost three boxes full.

Here's my tips:

- The tile does not have to be 4 squares away. As long as it's MORE THEN ONE, you will be safe. I've continued chains going two steps and three steps. AS LONG AS THE GRASS SHAKES THE SAME and is MORE THEN ONE TILE AWAY, you are fine.
    - Going MORE then 5 tiles (especially in a large grass area, which there are lots) will break your chain. I'm not talking about the edge. I've walked to a 6th tile, with the EXACT shaking grass and it's been a pokemon that I'm NOT looking for.
    - You can walk into "dual" shaking tiles, so long as ONE OF THE TILES GRASS SHAKES THE SAME. And you must walk into the one that shakes the same, obviously. If the two tiles together shake EXACTLY THE SAME, do NOT go into them.
    - You don't always need a chain of 40, I've gotten pokemon on chain 3, 7 and 9. All I did was reset the radar because I felt the patches were bad, and low and behold a shiny patch appeared.

Some research on the Up-Beat music:

I've found, after doing more then 100 chains and paying very close attention.. the upbeat music means one of the following:

1) In the next few radar resets (so long as the music continues after you reset) YOU WILL GET A SHINY.
    2) One of the patches that shook (might not even be the one you're looking for) HAS A SHINY.

Currently there is no way to tell between the two until AFTER. If you reset during the upbeat music 4-5 times and it goes away, you missed a shiny. It was NOT IN A SHINY PATCH.
    If you reset and the music keeps playing, KEEP RESETTING. A shiny patch WILL APPEAR OR the music will STOP. If the music stops, there's a 80% chance your chain is broken. This has happened where I know, for a fact I went into the correct tile after the up beat music has played, and got a different pokemon.

Just some stats for you below.

Out of 50 chains (different pokemon each chain)

41/50 had upbeat music.
    29/41 had a shiny during reset of the upbeat music. (Seems the max is 6 resets, after 6 the music stops regardless.. so pay attention!)
    12/41 had a shiny in a NON shiny patch during the upbeat music and NOT resetting the radar.

Hope I'm making sense, feel free to ask questions! If I missed anything I'll post more.
    Last edited by Jare; 14th November 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jare View Post
    Hey guys, first time register.

Thought I'd share some information now that I'm a "chain master". I've been successfully getting shiny, after shiny after shiny. I now almost have almost three boxes full.

Here's my tips:

- The tile does not have to be 4 squares away. As long as it's MORE THEN ONE, you will be safe. I've continued chains going two steps and three steps. AS LONG AS THE GRASS SHAKES THE SAME and is MORE THEN ONE TILE AWAY, you are fine.
    - Going MORE then 5 tiles (especially in a large grass area, which there are lots) will break your chain. I'm not talking about the edge. I've walked to a 6th tile, with the EXACT shaking grass and it's been a pokemon that I'm NOT looking for.
    - You can walk into "dual" shaking tiles, so long as ONE OF THE TILES GRASS SHAKES THE SAME. And you must walk into the one that shakes the same, obviously. If the two tiles together shake EXACTLY THE SAME, do NOT go into them.
    - You don't always need a chain of 40, I've gotten pokemon on chain 3, 7 and 9. All I did was reset the radar because I felt the patches were bad, and low and behold a shiny patch appeared.

Some research on the Up-Beat music:

I've found, after doing more then 100 chains and paying very close attention.. the upbeat music means one of the following:

1) In the next few radar resets (so long as the music continues after you reset) YOU WILL GET A SHINY.
    2) One of the patches that shook (might not even be the one you're looking for) HAS A SHINY.

Currently there is no way to tell between the two until AFTER. If you reset during the upbeat music 4-5 times and it goes away, you missed a shiny. It was NOT IN A SHINY PATCH.
    If you reset and the music keeps playing, KEEP RESETTING. A shiny patch WILL APPEAR OR the music will STOP. If the music stops, there's a 80% chance your chain is broken. This has happened where I know, for a fact I went into the correct tile after the up beat music has played, and got a different pokemon.

Just some stats for you below.

Out of 50 chains (different pokemon each chain)

41/50 had upbeat music.
    29/41 had a shiny during reset of the upbeat music. (Seems the max is 6 resets, after 6 the music stops regardless.. so pay attention!)
    12/41 had a shiny in a NON shiny patch during the upbeat music and NOT resetting the radar.

Hope I'm making sense, feel free to ask questions! If I missed anything I'll post more.
    This may sound dumb but just to clarify,the shiny with the unbeat music will not be in a shiny patch of grass
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Grass-Swadloon
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Was chaining a Skiddo, however my chain accidentally got broken by a shiny Pancham! I can't say I'm disappointed haha.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/1zczozk.png[/IMG]

"This won't hurt a bit..."

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2r7y61i.gif[/IMG]
    SoulSilver: 3782-6070-5200
    3DS: 1306-6278-8282
    X Psychic Safari: Grumpig, Wobbuffet, Gothorita.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    This may sound dumb but just to clarify,the shiny with the unbeat music will not be in a shiny patch of grass
    It's a bit confusing, I'll clarify more.

Shiny in up beat music will either appear in a SHINY patch, OR a non shiny patch. There's no way to tell until after the music stops (or if you caught the shiny!)

You basically have two options to do when the music starts:

- Reset radar a bunch of times until the music stops, praying a shiny patch appears. It usually will, I'd say about 65% of the time. If the music stops, it was in a patch that didn't shine and you missed it.
    - Continue your chain as normal, and pray that the shiny appears in the patch you are running to that looks exactly the same as your chain continuation (NO GAURENTEE, there have been shinies in other patches I've confirmed)

Quote Originally Posted by Jare View Post
    It's a bit confusing, I'll clarify more.

Shiny in up beat music will either appear in a SHINY patch, OR a non shiny patch. There's no way to tell until after the music stops (or if you caught the shiny!)

You basically have two options to do when the music starts:

- Reset radar a bunch of times until the music stops, praying a shiny patch appears. It usually will, I'd say about 65% of the time. If the music stops, it was in a patch that didn't shine and you missed it.
    - Continue your chain as normal, and pray that the shiny appears in the patch you are running to that looks exactly the same as your chain continuation (NO GAURENTEE, there have been shinies in other patches I've confirmed)
    Thanks,this helped a lot(welcome to serebii forums!!)
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Grass-Swadloon
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Thanks,this helped a lot(welcome to serebii forums!!)
    You're quite welcome! I've actually been holding this information for a long time now, ever since I beat the game day after release I've done nothing but shiny hunt and research, I'm a shiny hoarder.

There's still a few things I'm keeping for now till I can confirm/prove.. but the current method is almost bulletproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    Was chaining a Skiddo, however my chain accidentally got broken by a shiny Pancham! I can't say I'm disappointed haha.
    I can attest for this, it's happened to me before.

Basically you ran into your WORLD RE shiny during a chain, congrats! Your chain is broken though, but who cares?

I was chaining a shiny abra and you guessed it, shiny pacham appeared randomly. I did end up getting the Abra in a new chain, though!

Quote Originally Posted by espurr View Post
    in regards to chaining, has anyone else noticed their chain pokemon showing up on certain patches? i tested this all day (7+ hrs) yesterday and noticed that if i stayed on the same patch, and went to a patch that i encountered that pokemon in noticeably more, it was usually the same pokemon. is that luck? even when starting my chain. i have never chained before but have found it to be really addicting albeit frustrating. still no shiny though, i accidentally break my chain at 10-13. having trouble differentiating the patches!

how reliable is the method of going to the #4 patch? when on a grid (grass patches) that isn't 9x9, such as one that's 5x7, like this:

3 3 3 3 3
    2 2 2 2 2
    2 2 1 2 2
    2 1 P 1 2
    2 1 1 1 2
    2 2 2 2 2
    3 3 3 3 3

how do you discern the #4 patch if there isn't one? what does this mean in regards to people that swear by only going into patches that are four away from them (eg, on the grid, there is an extra 5 4's on top and bottom) and not on the edge or none 1 away from them? i am finding it hard to understand if i am not in a 9x9, how do i get a patch four away from me? do i need to change my player's position? do i just need to keep resetting my poke radar until a "good" patch pops up that isn't one away from me?

i'm beginning to think that it doesn't matter where it is in regards to where you are, it's more about being able to actually see the bush, which means it's better to go into ones really far away from you. if it's farther, you can make out the bush better. so maybe i should try moving my position. any thoughts and help would be really appreciated. i have read a lot on chaining, but something seems to not be clicking for me. i hope this isn't too many questions ! i am trying to chain a shiny riolu
    You have to create enough distance for a #4 patch to exist. In your example, you'd need to do this:

21112 55555
    21P12 44444
    21112 33333
    22222 22222
    33333 21112
    44444 21P12
    55555 21112

You don't need to go to the middle of the patch, just calculate a position where you can get the most #4 patches.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    You have to create enough distance for a #4 patch to exist. In your example, you'd need to do this:

21112 55555
    21P12 44444
    21112 33333
    22222 22222
    33333 21112
    44444 21P12
    55555 21112

You don't need to go to the middle of the patch, just calculate a position where you can get the most #4 patches.
    It's a box of four and not a "control pad" shape? That's screwed up.

I just successfully chained a shiny Flabebe~!! Route 7 is a GREAT place to chain because of the ginormous patch of grass on the leftmost side. Does it normally take ages of resetting to find a shiny patch? I started resetting at 40 but after about 10 minutes of nothing, I got my chain to 50 just out of boredom, and even then it took a while before it finally showed up.

Also the faster music happened twice during that whole thing, but it went away both times after just one reset.

Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast