Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Okay I got Shiny Alakazam(Took me only one attempt to chain) and Shiny Haunter(soon to evolve to Gengar for Mega White Gengar, and took me about 15 attempts to chain).

Has anyone successfully chained in Route 4 because there are only narrow patches you can encounter pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Okay I got Shiny Alakazam(Took me only one attempt to chain) and Shiny Haunter(soon to evolve to Gengar for Mega White Gengar, and took me about 15 attempts to chain).
    Alakazam? I thought the Friend Safari doesn't work with the Poke Radar.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Alakazam? I thought the Friend Safari doesn't work with the Poke Radar.
    I meant abra in route 5(which i evolved it two times).

Will try chaining tomorrow as it is a Friday
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

So, a little clarification please? When people were still figuring out fishing chaining, there was something that said it was best done in areas where there was a single water tile surrounded by barriers (i.e. the last tile in southern Ambrette town, a water tile surrounded on all three sides by boulders, etc). Was that proven to have an effect on it? I'm thinking of chaining for either a Gyarados or Crawdaunt, but there's no corner on Rt. 3 like there was in Ambrette Town when I got my Dragalge. So does this corner thing have any effect?
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

oh jeez i think i figured it out, it took me all day and i had to draw up a lot of plots and maths and record data of a lot of experimenting but i've figured it out 100%. haven't missed a single chain all day and i only have to refresh the radar if i get distracted. dont even need the sound on! got 2 shinies.

i hopee i got it right, i'm going to test in a different route tomorrow. i'm really tired because i tested chaining ~12 hours nonstop, but i think i figured it out. i think i like figuring out the formula and testing my theories on it more than i like the activity. super fun!

pink.jpg

Got my first shiny using Pokeradar! I tried it a couple of days ago just to test it out, and I didn't really get far. But tonight I really dedicated myself to getting it right, and I just love my little pink Ducklett! Once I hit 40, I knew she would come eventually, but I did get a little nervous because she didn't show up right away, and I was running out of repels. I also had no idea what the shiny patch would look or sound like, but it ended up being pretty obvious. Anyway, thank you for all of the great tips you've been sharing in this thread--you all have helped me out immensely. Looking forward to going after more soon!
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 6221 2180
    Dragon Friend Safari: Dragonair, Fraxure, Druddigon.

Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by espurr View Post
    oh jeez i think i figured it out, it took me all day and i had to draw up a lot of plots and maths and record data of a lot of experimenting but i've figured it out 100%. haven't missed a single chain all day and i only have to refresh the radar if i get distracted. dont even need the sound on! got 2 shinies.

i hopee i got it right, i'm going to test in a different route tomorrow. i'm really tired because i tested chaining ~12 hours nonstop, but i think i figured it out. i think i like figuring out the formula and testing my theories on it more than i like the activity. super fun!
    It's not that complicated, a few others and I have discovered how it works to near succession, and have boxes and boxes of shinies to back up our claims.

Any claim that it can be done without volume and never missing a chain is simply impossible and a lie. Even our methods, we miss one or two chains and for sure need the sound. But do we have shinies? Yes. I am up to 94 now, a lot are duplicates though.
    Last edited by Jare; 15th November 2013 at 9:50 AM.

I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information about how far away the "safe" shaking patch should be. Personally, I've found that walking into a violently shaking patch three squares away (horizontally/vertically) is more likely to break my chain than walking into one that is four tiles away. I think that in general there is a high probability that your chain will be safe at 3 patches away, but it's best to be on the safe side and select the furthest possible bush.

It'd be great to have a definitive answer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarael View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information about how far away the "safe" shaking patch should be. Personally, I've found that walking into a violently shaking patch three squares away (horizontally/vertically) is more likely to break my chain than walking into one that is four tiles away. I think that in general there is a high probability that your chain will be safe at 3 patches away, but it's best to be on the safe side and select the furthest possible bush.

It'd be great to have a definitive answer though.
    It comes down to your chain style. I've gone one clear patch of grass away and continued a chain, with ease.

Example:

XXP12XX

P = Player
    X = Ignore
    1/2 = steps

Quote Originally Posted by Jare View Post
    It comes down to your chain style. I've gone one clear patch of grass away and continued a chain, with ease.

Example:

XXP12XX

P = Player
    X = Ignore
    1/2 = steps
    When you entered those nearby patches to continue the chain, were there any patches further away that were shaking in the same way?

When you entered those nearby patches to continue the chain, were there any patches further away that were shaking in the same way?
    Yes, and no. I always went into the patch that caught my eye first, if I saw two that looked identical in different lengths (2vs4) I'd pick the shorter one, purely for research.

Quote Originally Posted by Jare View Post
    Yes, and no. I always went into the patch that caught my eye first, if I saw two that looked identical in different lengths (2vs4) I'd pick the shorter one, purely for research.
    Ah okay. Hmm, that's interesting...I might try again and do the same as you next time I chain (picking the closer bush, as long as it shakes the right way). I've had my chains broken in the past this way, but perhaps I was either unlucky or accidentally chose the wrong type of bush.

Ah okay. Hmm, that's interesting...I might try again and do the same as you next time I chain (picking the closer bush, as long as it shakes the right way). I've had my chains broken in the past this way, but perhaps I was either unlucky or accidentally chose the wrong type of bush.
    It could just be RNG luck. I've literally went into the correct bush and had (as an example, Doduo) appear even though it should be a Pancham.

I finally got the hang of Pokeradar in my X, and was able to catch shiny Pancham and Flabebe. My only complaint is that there aren't so many huge grass/flower patches that are suitable for chaining

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    So, a little clarification please? When people were still figuring out fishing chaining, there was something that said it was best done in areas where there was a single water tile surrounded by barriers (i.e. the last tile in southern Ambrette town, a water tile surrounded on all three sides by boulders, etc). Was that proven to have an effect on it? I'm thinking of chaining for either a Gyarados or Crawdaunt, but there's no corner on Rt. 3 like there was in Ambrette Town when I got my Dragalge. So does this corner thing have any effect?
    Apparently it has but I think that, as long as you insist, you'll get your shinies.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Ok guys, so what is the definite pokeradar method? Is it same-patch, 4 steps away (instead of ring 4)?
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Same type of shaking that's four steps away works.

Do note that that accounts for diagonal movement too, however.

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    Ok guys, so what is the definite pokeradar method? Is it same-patch, 4 steps away (instead of ring 4)?

Google xy chaining method and a reader-friendly pictorial should pop up. If you are a beginner, have that guide on your screen all times! Otherwise you will forget.
    Also remember, if your chain breaks for no apparent reason, then you're wrong it did break for the reason or reasons it stated!

When you look at the pictorial, look carefully when they mean by "3 or 4 steps away" You count between the the patched, meaning you do not include the patch you're in and the shaking patch. You also count from the side of your patch nearest to the other patch's side in a straight line.

Also, don't enter patches that are shaking right next to each other(a patch diagonally another one is okay though)

Also, I find that turning off the music helps me find the right patch because I tend to become very depended on hearing and forget about how they actually look. There could be a patch that is shaking sound-wise heavily, but another patch shaking softly so I might mistake the patch for the other. For me, I sight is more reliable than sound. But after I hit that 40 reset, I put my headphones on and listen and keep resetting until I see and hear the shiny patch.
    Last edited by confuser987; 15th November 2013 at 2:45 PM.

Just to let everyone know, I got a chain of 60 in fishing on my first try (verified by the fishing shack guy). I had a Swalot with Sticky Hold in the front of my party, so I ensured a bite. No shinies, however the game did stop my chain with a "Nothing seems to be biting" remark despite Swalot being in the front of my party with its ability (odd). So, don't get discouraged, just keep at it. If you have slim luck at first, it doesn't mean you're doing it wrong.
    3DS Friend Code: 3695-0025-3263
    Friend Safari: Fire with Magmar, Pyroar, and Braixen

I had the upbeat music turn up at chain 7 during my Hawlucha run. Does that mean a Shiny can be captured at any patch of grass or what?

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post
    Just to let everyone know, I got a chain of 60 in fishing on my first try (verified by the fishing shack guy). I had a Swalot with Sticky Hold in the front of my party, so I ensured a bite. No shinies, however the game did stop my chain with a "Nothing seems to be biting" remark despite Swalot being in the front of my party with its ability (odd). So, don't get discouraged, just keep at it. If you have slim luck at first, it doesn't mean you're doing it wrong.
    The reason it stoppedis because Sticky Hold and Suction Cups only up the percentage of a Pokémon biting, it's not guaranteed a Pokémon will hook.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I had the upbeat music turn up at chain 7 during my Hawlucha run. Does that mean a Shiny can be captured at any patch of grass or what?
    It is around 50/50 a shiny patch will appear,but a patch will always have a shiny even if a patch doesn't glow(from what i believe)
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

lol I got 3 shinies in one day through chain fishing. One was obtained within 10 minutes of starting the search.

A note to everyone: it can take time. I spent over 30 minutes before I found one again. Don't give up. It also helps to have sticky hold. I used a lileep with a smoke ball, so I could run from the battles.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

I've just started to try my luck on chaining for shines using the Pokéradar, and although I have yet to find any shines through this method, I have to say that I'm defiantly improving! After reading through and following Emily101's guide back on page 28, I've managed to get a chain of 31 Spritzee before a ducklett decided to pop up and break it. Right now I'm trying again in the same patch of grass, and I'm currently up to 10 Flabébé. Considering that before reading that guide I couldn't even get past 2, I'm finding the guide to be so incredibly useful. (thank you!)

Edit: Broke at 23. Thanks again, Ducklett -.-
    Last edited by Stardastarly; 15th November 2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Chain update

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast