Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Does anyone know what the festive music while using the poke-radar means? I caught a frufrou just to see and it had 1 perfect IV. So does this indicate a IV boost in the chain or a higher shiny chance?
    Shinys caught in X
    Clauncher, Amura, Tyrunt, Meowstic, Goomy
    Friend safari - Eevee, loudred and dunsparce

Dead Octillery in 1st slot with Suction Cups ability + Super Rod + 40 Chain fish casts = Red Gyarados

I used my most resilient Pokemon is slot two to kill the trash till pop, and after ~40 pulls the Red Gyarados pop'd!

Last night, I caught a shiny Skiddo with 31 IV in HP and Special D, and Pokerus (Lonely Nature, despite that hit to D I might try to EV train it. thoughts?)

The only thing that works for me on chaining: avoid edges (sometimes my chain ends, despite the right Pokemon appearing), only go into grass spots that are 4 spots away (including diagonal directions. make sure you have to go 4 necessary steps), and be patient. I've found two shinies now, and despite how ridiculously focused I have to be to get a successful chain, it's pretty fun.
    3DS Friend Code: 3695-0025-3263
    Friend Safari: Fire with Magmar, Pyroar, and Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Yamicool View Post
    Does anyone know what the festive music while using the poke-radar means? I caught a frufrou just to see and it had 1 perfect IV. So does this indicate a IV boost in the chain or a higher shiny chance?
    According to a Japanese guide and some other people in the thread, the music means you have a greater chance of a shiny patch appearing if you reset.

Just caught a shiny Poliwhirl, on the 8th reel.
    Currently fishing for a second to give to my friend later.

edit: and 35 minutes later, there is number two!
    Last edited by Rocketeer; 18th November 2013 at 6:38 PM.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/1zczozk.png[/IMG]

"This won't hurt a bit..."

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2r7y61i.gif[/IMG]
    SoulSilver: 3782-6070-5200
    3DS: 1306-6278-8282
    X Psychic Safari: Grumpig, Wobbuffet, Gothorita.

I found a shiny Staryu while fishing, so incredibly much easier than Poke Radar.
    - Mew.

Friend Code: 1091-8813-6208. Send me a PM with your code and I'll add you back. Friend Safari is currently unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    That place is horrible, try Route 2.
    Define "horrible" in this situation.

It was a pretty good place actually. A lot easier than those damn Flower Patches in Route 5/7. The angle is better. I'll try Route 2 though. I will also try Route 3 as I want a Shiny Male Burmy
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Trying to get shiny octillery, but all I got so far where two shiny alomomolas. D:
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

Successfully made a chain of 40 of Fletchling in Santalune Forest in my first try and caught a Shiny Jolly bird with 2 Max IV. I wanted to try for #80 to get another shiny but unfortunately I was very tired and entered a decoy patch I didn't notice. The grass area there is acceptable for chaining, you should give a try

Then, I was confident and decided to make a chain in a difficult Grass Area. I chose route 14 to try for a shiny Goomy, because it's one of my GEN VI favorite pokemons. Rainy weather made more difficult to differ the types of shaking grass. I quickly noticed that for a succesful chain, you need to play with 1/4 of the Chaining Grid, AND resetting the pokeradar in a crucial location. I failed in my first attempt at chain #24: I entered a 100% safe shaking grass for a gloomy, but it was in a specific edge with a 73% chance of continuing my chain after defeating the gloomy....so I had bad luck and my chain was broken because the 5 pokeradar patches were not activated in the grass area. -_-

I started again trying to avoid border grass after chain #20 and I managed to get #40 quickly. Shiny Grass appeared after resetting the radar 3 times I placed a Gardevoir Modest/Synchronize in front of my party.... I hope the trick worked for my new Shiny... Currently, trying to achieve chain #80, but I'm having some problems to get 100% safe patches after #55.

Quote Originally Posted by Neji-and-Pidgeot View Post
    After 70 reels I got the shiny skrelp I was wanting.
    Me too! I got it finally and it was only on the 36th reel in ^^

***Glaceon welcomes everyone new to the World of Pokémon***
    RBY GSC RSE FRLG DPPt HGSS BWBW2 XY
    Sig Thanks goes to the very talented deviantartists *Kyle-Dove, Quanyails, N-Kin and many more***

A stupid Diggersby ended my Farfetch'd chain at 36. It'll be added to my vendetta list along with Golett.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

I'm mad. At a chain of 46 Croagunk, my chain just ended. I did nothing wrong my chain just ended. Any answers to why this happened?

I'm asking mostly people who used to be quite good chainers back in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
    Have you tried the PokéRadar in XY ? How does it feel ? Is it really different from what we experienced back in the 4th generation games ?
    To be totally honest with you, I would say I wasn't a so bad chainer. I managed to chain a shiny Shinx, 3 shiny Skitty, a shiny Eevee, a shiny Zigzagoon, a shiny Geodude and went to high chains multiple times without finishing to 40, unfortunately. And sometimes, I felt frustrated, no need to hide.
    I don't know if I should get back to Pokémon chaining now. With the 3D graphics, it seems much harder compared to the above-view of the 2D Diamond, Pearl and Platinum games before. Are patches easily noticeable ?
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I caught a Shiny at chain 40!

However, after catching it, the radar kept working and more patches shook. Does that mean the chain reseted(sp?) or that I can still get another Shiny by spamming the radar until another patch glitters?

Only 1 shiny per chain of 40. So if you want to see another shiny patch, you must continue to chain #80. If you manage to get there, your shiny pokemon will have at least 3 max IVs

I just caught a Shiny Horsea! Not sure how long my chain was, but I've been trying for this thing since yesterday. xD; Going to (attempt) an offer to trade for another since the nature isn't what i want, but either way, yay! My first time catching two shinies in the same game! LOL

In-game Name: Monica
    3DS Friend Code: 5026-4978-3429

Thank you PopPrincess_Lyra for the awesome ResistanceShipping banner!

I used the poke radar 6 times today, got to the 40 streak 6 times and came away with 6 shinies. This further backs up that my guide on page 28 works all the time. I still haven't met a shiny when the upbeat music plays.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Chaining Staravia is hard, but I was able to chain for my shiny Skiddo! I was going to go chain for a shiny Eevee and ran into one by random chance!
    I'm sure stuff is supposed to go here.
    My Safari is ground, consisting of Sandshrew, Camerupt, and the all-might Diggersbytho!! 3DS Friend Code: 4871-4972-6329

Current Shiny Hunt: FROAKIE~1575 hatched, 0 shiny

What areas do you think are best for shiny hunting with the pokeradar?
    3DS Friend Code: 3695-0025-3263
    Friend Safari: Fire with Magmar, Pyroar, and Braixen

I've only started shiny hunting last week and now have 3 shiny pokemon using pokeradar and 2 from friend safari. I've found route 5 has worked for me.
    3DS FC: 2449 5711 0640

Friend Safari: Poison

My third Shiny through PokeRadar turns out to be a pink Dunsparce!

Another Question: The Shiny patch appeared to me four tries before I hit chain 40. Does that mean the chain resetted anyway, even if I reached chain 40 after catching the Shiny four chains less ago?

Just caught a shiny Zoroark using my chaining method a few pages back. Love the color

I honestly never knew channing existed in D/P/Pt so i never did it, but i know about it now somewhat.

I have not attempted any poke radar chainning, frankly i don't know if i totally understand it, i might have to try it myself to see if i can get it.

Chain fishing i get though. I already have a octiliary with suction cups for that, i did it once, i got like a chain of like 15 or something idk. I didn't get anything and really haven't done any since, i'll have to try for it some more though.

Hopefully i'll end up with a shiny at one point when/if i do it.

Okay. I'm at chain 40 with Ditto.

Now I need to keep spamming the radar till a flower shines...

So I just want to say thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this thread!!

I've been playing Poke'mon since Red/Blue came out in the states and I have only found two shiny pokemon before the friend Safari. (I have found 5 now) and I was just able to chain my first ever shiny! It's a ducklett! I found the shiny grass on like chin 14 though...BUT THAT'S OKAY.

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast