Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

So has there been any word on the odds of running into shiny pokemon in friend safari? I've caught 9 shinies in the game so far 7 of which were from safari.

Seems I was just not meant to find my own shiny in this game.

Multiple fishing chains of 100+ & can't seem to chain past about 7 with the radar.
    Following the guide as best I can, I also still get nothing biting sometimes even with Suction Cups active.

(✖╭╮✖)

Anyone have a statistic for getting a shiny through SR?

Edit: Finally fished up a shiny Relicanth somewhere between a 30-50 chain ^__^
    Last edited by jesz_; 28th November 2013 at 6:00 AM.

MM 480eggs - on hold
        Spoiler:- Trades - Will consider any offers - PM for details:

PLEASE DO NOT ADD ME ONLY FOR SAFARI ♥ kthanx
    Graphic Credit to ASTRAL SHADOW

A couple days ago I spent a few hours looking for a shiny Staryu. Complete waste of time. Got a chain of 136 and have three immensely disappointing shiny Clauncher instead.

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

Quote Originally Posted by jesz_ View Post
    Seems I was just not meant to find my own shiny in this game.

Multiple fishing chains of 100+ & can't seem to chain past about 7 with the radar.
    Following the guide as best I can, I also still get nothing biting sometimes even with Suction Cups active.

(✖╭╮✖)

Anyone have a statistic for getting a shiny through SR?

Edit: Finally fished up a shiny Relicanth somewhere between a 30-50 chain ^__^
    I'm not sure if the Snorlax can be shiny, but I don't think any of the Pokemon other than the starters are possible to SR shiny. If you could though it'd be 1/4092, same as the wild chance
    Hello, I'm TheShinyMedicham! Meditite was my first ever Shiny Pokémon, so it's become one of my favourite Pokémon. My favourite Pokémon is Snivy, and my favourite type is Grass.
    Shiny Total: 16

Hitmontop is best dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyMedicham View Post
    If you could though it'd be 1/4092, same as the wild chance
    Woah, 1/4092? Is that official or just speculation? There does seem to be more shinies this generation, but 1/4092 is twice the odds of every other game.

Quote Originally Posted by blackice27 View Post
    Woah, 1/4092? Is that official or just speculation? There does seem to be more shinies this generation, but 1/4092 is twice the odds of every other game.
    i believe someone had done the math on the odds and its highly likely the odds have been doubled. i could be wrong but im pretty sure i read that somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

If you chain 40 fishing 'mons with chain fishing for max chance, can you go into the grass and catch a shiny?
    Because I moved from my fishing spot, and moved to another, and instantly got a Shiny Clamperl first try.
    In order to boost WiiU's ailing sales yet avoid sneaky product placement, they should have a pokémon called Weeyu. It would Electric/Light, be a legendary (of course) and would be the strongest pokémon in the game.
    Thus, Nintendo can say that "Everyone want a Weeyu".
    It rules over the Ninto trio, which is composed of Freeo, Deeo, and Esso. They have a form tat is achieved by fusing all three together to create a pokemon called Cubeyo. It subtley resembles a SNES, and is the weakest pokemon in the game for some bizarre reason.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    i believe someone had done the math on the odds and its highly likely the odds have been doubled. i could be wrong but im pretty sure i read that somewhere
    I saw that Serebii posted those odds on his X/Y Shiny page, so there must be a decent amount of evidence to support it. That's pretty crazy that the game designers would just double it, I wonder if they changed the Masuda Method odds as well. I'm also curious what the official odds of the Friend Safari will be, as a ton of people are having a lot of luck with those too.

No luck with my Abra yet, but I did manage to get a shiny female Skiddo. A shiny patch showed up on my 27th chain

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

I saw that Serebii posted those odds on his X/Y Shiny page, so there must be a decent amount of evidence to support it. That's pretty crazy that the game designers would just double it, I wonder if they changed the Masuda Method odds as well. I'm also curious what the official odds of the Friend Safari will be, as a ton of people are having a lot of luck with those too.
    i think its prettt cool because the way i look at it, its now a lot easier to find shinies but its still a challenge, yet the ideal way to get a shiny is through masuda method which is probably gonna seem a lot more like a hassle than it used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck JB View Post
    I thought it just meant Random Encounter (No chaining, MM breeding, or anything), and that they were just boasting. :P

By the way, where's better to chain for Scatterbug? Route 2 or Santalune Forest?
    I think that is what it means. For me, it's less about boasting and more about the fact that I'm no expert with the other methods
    Army Veteran 2001-05

4828-4813-6430 -- 3DS (Dr. Lu)
    Friend Safari - Dragon (Fraxure, Shelgon, and Sliggoo)

Gen VI shinies caught: 9
        Spoiler:

It's all technical coding stuff, but I'll try to explain to the best of my knowledge. Well, you probably already know a Pokemon's shininess is determined by their Shiny ID vs the player's shiny ID, if these are the same it will result in a shiny. In the older games the number that determines if a Pokemon was Shiny was 0 - 7, so 8 rolls. In X and Y the number can be from 0 - 15, 16 rolls. Thus doubling chances.
    Hello, I'm TheShinyMedicham! Meditite was my first ever Shiny Pokémon, so it's become one of my favourite Pokémon. My favourite Pokémon is Snivy, and my favourite type is Grass.

Still trying to chain that darn shiny miltank. My highest chain was 20.

Credits to Snowflake for the userbar

This is a minor point, but if the new shiny chances are indeed doubled, they should be 1/4096, not 1/4092 as everyone's been saying. 2/8192 = 1/4096.
    Pokedex: 718/721

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyMedicham View Post
    It's all technical coding stuff, but I'll try to explain to the best of my knowledge. Well, you probably already know a Pokemon's shininess is determined by their Shiny ID vs the player's shiny ID, if these are the same it will result in a shiny. In the older games the number that determines if a Pokemon was Shiny was 0 - 7, so 8 rolls. In X and Y the number can be from 0 - 15, 16 rolls. Thus doubling chances.
    Great way to explain the mechanic, thanks for that. I saw somewhere that a group of people figured out a way to determine their save file character's "Shiny Value", along with the SV of unhatched eggs. When the value of an egg matches the SV of a member of the community, the player with the egg trades it to the match. The matching SV character hatches the egg (it will be shiny when it hatches on the particular save file it was transferred to) and then that player trades the pokemon back to the original player. I found that pretty interesting, a lot of trust involved.

Yesterday I went out fishing and caught shiny Magikarp and Poliwag. Magikarp is jolly, and Poliwag is Brave.
    Pokemon X and Y are great!

White 2 Shinies: Crobat, Dodrio, Rapidash, Gyarados, Gigalith, Nidoking, Luxray, Swoobat, Honchkrow, Jellicent (Male), Dragonite, Basculin, Garchomp, Hippowdon, Gengar, Raticate, Ditto, Dusknoir, Porygon Z, Staraptor, Glaceon, Bibarel, Suicune, Giratina, Sandslash, Nidoqueen, Poliwhirl, Audino, Dialga, Meganium.

XY Shinies: Trevenant, Durant, Whiscash, Luvdisc, Gyarados, Politoed, Kingdra, Clauncher, Sharpedo, Seaking, Crawdaunt, Corsola, Octillery, Basculin, Remoraid, Starmie, Cloyster, Clawitzer, Relicanth, Dragalge, Fearow, Watchog, Huntail.

My Event Pokemon (All): Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Zoroark, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect.

caught me 3 shinies today via chain fishing and then walked into the safari and 1st poke was a shiny.
    3DS Friend Code: Doobius - 1607-2505-9784
    Safari: Electric - Pikachu - Dedenne - Luxio

Your signature contained too many images. Read the rules before you add anything new.

I just caught a Shiny Clauncher Relaxed Nature after a chain of 73 through chain fishing near the upper left corner of cyllage city near some rock! I went till a chain of 93 then lost it. Was using suction cups Octillery (was fainted) as lead. False Swipe Drapion and Sing Chatot did the rest. Is it possible to do synchronize + suction cups btw?
    My Current White 2 Team:

Been training at Ambrette Town's shore and got shiny horseas and Clauncher/Clawitzer. Looking for shiny Relicanth but until it shows up, I fill my dex :P
    FT: French Pokeball Vivillon, Wonderland Darkrai, Japanese Fancy Vivillon, Mega Stones and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

Shiny Polar/Tundra/Continental/Elegant/Meadow/Modern/Marine/High Plains/Sandstorm/River/Monsoon/Savanna/Ocean/Jungle. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Just wondering, for chain fishing do you have to use the same rod, or can they be different? Because I would like to find two shinies, but one needs a good rod and the other needs a super rod
    FC is 2122-6736-0132
    Friend Safari type: Psychic
    Friend Safari Pokemon:

Shinies:
    Platinum:
    Soulsilver:
    Black 2:
    White 2:

Y team:
    Chesnaught, Yveltal, Blastoise, Zygarde, Lucario, Mewtwo

X team:
    Greninja, Charizard, Xerneas, Doublade, Lucario, Raichu(due to change soon)

Looking for(X and Y): All Vivillon patterns except Modern and Elegant,

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu54549 View Post
    Just wondering, for chain fishing do you have to use the same rod, or can they be different? Because I would like to find two shinies, but one needs a good rod and the other needs a super rod
    Switching rods will not break a chain.

Caught my first shiny in friend safari. Jolly shiny Tangela. When it popped out boy was I surprised. I honestly wasn't even looking for it. Just tried to chain fish for skrelp but got no higher than eight. I just can't seem to react fast enough with the rod. Suction cups was a really big help though.
    My Friend Codes
    2DS: Strytho 4699-6673-2575 (In Game Name Krayt)

Friend Safari:
    Ground: Marowak, Trapinch, Palpitoad.

I have access to all starters and most HA females including 3rd and 4th gen starters.

click the link for my HA female spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Click here for a list of pokemon I have in special balls (AKA bank ball pokemon).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Click here for a list of pokemon I am currently looking for.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...twQ/edit#gid=0

I still have no luck in getting a shiny anywhere in my game, none by fishing, radar or 1400+ eggs
    X FC - 2466 2718 3484 I'm a fighter (^^,) - Pancham, Meinfoo and Rilou

Hi guys! I've been reading most of the posts here, so I'm getting much better at chaining with the pokeradar (fishing is a synch!). I managed to successfully chain once with the pokeradar, since them I haven't had much luck. I've heard the upbeat "salsa" music a number if times but haven't encountered a shiny during, both shiny patch or not. Has anything been confirmed about this music??? Also if I reset my pokeradar consecutively too many times (too careful!) the chain ends abruptly, out of nowhere! Why?!

I've found myself to be doing very good with the pokeradar, I've gotten a Skiddo, a Minun, a Roselia, and an Illumise. I almost had a Flabebe, but I accidentally walked into crap grass while resetting my radar at chain 40
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast