Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1391

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

When chain fishing, does the effect of the Synchronizer ability work when it is placed in the second spot of the party while the first spot is for Suction cups pokemon that is fainted?
    Also, can anyone tell me the best spot to chain fish at the azure bay?

Btw, just caught a Shiny horsea after 20~ encounters. Not modest though..

National Pokedex 718/718 Shiny Charm Obtained! | Shiny Starter Hunt Completed! 6/6 ~

Need someone to EV Train my Pokemon
    Need CLONED Pokeball & Fancy Vivillons

Spoiler:- Wanna Trade?:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohei View Post
    When chain fishing, does the effect of the Synchronizer ability work when it is placed in the second spot of the party while the first spot is for Suction cups pokemon that is fainted?
    Also, can anyone tell me the best spot to chain fish at the azure bay?

Btw, just caught a Shiny horsea after 20~ encounters. Not modest though..
    synchronizer only works when its first in the party, and i heard someone say that suction cups works regardless of where in your party it is. but i keep my suction cups at the front regardless just to be safe.
    and id say anywhere thats surrounded by rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Cause someone on youtube said sync can also work that way :S

I cants eem to find a spot surrounded by rocks there :S

National Pokedex 718/718 Shiny Charm Obtained! | Shiny Starter Hunt Completed! 6/6 ~

Need someone to EV Train my Pokemon
    Need CLONED Pokeball & Fancy Vivillons

Spoiler:- Wanna Trade?:

It doesn't matter whether or not you're surrounded by rocks, etc. I've chained shinies in under 20 bites in completely random spots alongside the beach with no rocks in sight.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/1zczozk.png[/IMG]

"This won't hurt a bit..."

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2r7y61i.gif[/IMG]
    SoulSilver: 3782-6070-5200
    3DS: 1306-6278-8282
    X Psychic Safari: Grumpig, Wobbuffet, Gothorita.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    So about this, once you hit 40, just reset until you see that shiny patch. I'm sure everybody thinks the same way when they have yet to see a shiny patch, but it indeed sparkles much like entering a battle with a shiny pokemon, and it also makes a sound. Both the visual and the sound are hard to miss, so if you ever question "did i miss it? was that patch a shiny patch?" then don't go into it, because it wasn't a patch. it's one of those things that once you see it, you KNOW it is what it is. if you're not sure, then it's not the shiny patch.
    This gives me an idea, but I'm wondering if it's a bad idea. I know that 40 is where it maxes out, but I know the odds of finding a shiny get higher and higher with every link, even from the second battle. What I'm thinking is, maybe instead of trying for 40, I should set a more manageable target like 25, then keep resetting until I see a shiny patch. Just how much do the odds of finding a shiny increase with each encounter? If it's not by a HUGE margin, I could probably stand just resetting for a shiny patch without being at the highest level. If I were to try this, what do you think would be a reasonable level?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Just fished up a shiny Skrelp for the collection. Now moving on to Dragalgae.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Can somebody make a list with the good spots for radar chaining? Thank you.
    3DS friend code:1048-8039-5188

Well, I'm up to 40 now, and I've started just resetting the radar and waiting for a shiny patch. Luckily I have over 700 Max Repels, so that should be enough.
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowdashtheawesome View Post
    This gives me an idea, but I'm wondering if it's a bad idea. I know that 40 is where it maxes out, but I know the odds of finding a shiny get higher and higher with every link, even from the second battle. What I'm thinking is, maybe instead of trying for 40, I should set a more manageable target like 25, then keep resetting until I see a shiny patch. Just how much do the odds of finding a shiny increase with each encounter? If it's not by a HUGE margin, I could probably stand just resetting for a shiny patch without being at the highest level. If I were to try this, what do you think would be a reasonable level?

Your chances wouldn't be great...

I mean, even on a Chain of 39 (In Gen 4), it was only a 1% chance of finding a Shiny Patch (If my memory serves me well), and a 2% at 40. Basically, going lower than 40 is not worth the hassle IMHO!
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Your chances wouldn't be great...

I mean, even on a Chain of 39 (In Gen 4), it was only a 1% chance of finding a Shiny Patch (If my memory serves me well), and a 2% at 40. Basically, going lower than 40 is not worth the hassle IMHO!
    The chain I mentioned in my last post was a failure. I accidentally stepped on a decoy patch while trying to recharge the radar again.
    Darn it, I give up. It's not worth it; hours of disappointment and failure and for what? For something which is, at the very core, nothing more than a novelty, an aesthetic difference that has no difference in stats from the norm. I'm going back to training the Pokemon I already have; if I find a shiny in the process, great, but if I don't, I don't give a ****. Why bother spending so much time trying to get a shiny when I can get the Pokemon I already have to their full potential? Shinies are nice and I'm always excited when I find one, but I'm done going out of my way to look for them. I've never been able to find one when MM breeding, radar chaining, or just running around hoping for a random encounter. Aside from chain fishing (which I am surprisingly lucky with), the only luck I've ever had with shinies is random encounters at times when the chance of finding a shiny wasn't even on my mind, so I'm just gonna try to push shiny hunting out of my head and go back to normal training.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowdashtheawesome View Post
    The chain I mentioned in my last post was a failure. I accidentally stepped on a decoy patch while trying to recharge the radar again.
    Darn it, I give up. It's not worth it; hours of disappointment and failure and for what? For something which is, at the very core, nothing more than a novelty, an aesthetic difference that has no difference in stats from the norm. I'm going back to training the Pokemon I already have; if I find a shiny in the process, great, but if I don't, I don't give a ****. Why bother spending so much time trying to get a shiny when I can get the Pokemon I already have to their full potential? Shinies are nice and I'm always excited when I find one, but I'm done going out of my way to look for them. I've never been able to find one when MM breeding, radar chaining, or just running around hoping for a random encounter. Aside from chain fishing (which I am surprisingly lucky with), the only luck I've ever had with shinies is random encounters at times when the chance of finding a shiny wasn't even on my mind, so I'm just gonna try to push shiny hunting out of my head and go back to normal training.
    i feel you i was at this point for a while but out of bordom i decided to give it another go and i had time to spare as well as patience and i got my shiny croagunk. so the way i see it is you need to be patient to even learn the steps to get to 40 but once you got it down, youre good to go. i now have a beautiful shiny toxicroak and a bad *** shiny drapion (which has a lackluster shiny coloration as opposed to the bright red it used to have).

My poke-radar won't work in ANY grass. Am I doing something wrong? I used it back in gen 4 with no trouble, but my mom seems to think that now's not the time nor the place
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPurple View Post
    My poke-radar won't work in ANY grass. Am I doing something wrong? I used it back in gen 4 with no trouble, but my mom seems to think that now's not the time nor the place
    it doesnt work if youre on your roller skates at all, you need to strictly use the D-pad as even slightly moving the circle pad will end your chain instantly. also, it doesnt work in the friend safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    it doesnt work if youre on your roller skates at all, you need to strictly use the D-pad as even slightly moving the circle pad will end your chain instantly. also, it doesnt work in the friend safari.
    Ah. I think it was the d-pad. Thanks!
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Another awful shiny loss today. Got Ursaring up to a chain of 40, then after resetting like mad, I hear the ping and see the sparkles. Only problem was that the sparkles appeared over two patches that were right next to each other. Guess which one I stepped in -.-

So close, yet so far. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 6221 2180
    Dragon Friend Safari: Dragonair, Fraxure, Druddigon.

Spoiler:- My Shinies:

got my shiny roselia finally at a chain of 40 on route 7. this is my 3rd shiny via radar and theyre all coincidentially poison types (: being croagunk, skorupi, and now roselia.

Where is a good place to chain fish or use the pokeradar to find a shiny?

Give you good stuff for the relicanth. Just post me.

To just answer everyone in this thread who cannot scroll back a few pages and read the thread instead of brainlessly asking things for the 100th time:

- For chainfishing, it doesn't matter where you fish. If you've got a Pokémon with Suction Cups in the first slot of your party, you're good no matter where. It doesn't matter whether or not you're facing rocks or are surfing. I've chained shinies in under 20 reels in completely open spots.

- For the radar: any spot from 5x4 and up are areas in which you can chain, the difficulty peaks however in smaller areas.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/1zczozk.png[/IMG]

"This won't hurt a bit..."

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2r7y61i.gif[/IMG]
    SoulSilver: 3782-6070-5200
    3DS: 1306-6278-8282
    X Psychic Safari: Grumpig, Wobbuffet, Gothorita.

Quote Originally Posted by professorj15 View Post
    Another awful shiny loss today. Got Ursaring up to a chain of 40, then after resetting like mad, I hear the ping and see the sparkles. Only problem was that the sparkles appeared over two patches that were right next to each other. Guess which one I stepped in -.-

So close, yet so far. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.
    This is a big fear, especially since my chains tend to take forever as I'm super suspicious of like every shaking grass that looks safe.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    This is a big fear, especially since my chains tend to take forever as I'm super suspicious of like every shaking grass that looks safe.
    the way i do it is make the first 20 safe and quick as possible, and then slow down and do it more carefully the next 20. it helped me get 3 shinies so far

First radar shiny was Plusle (sadly x.x ), then it was Skiddo and now I am determined to get this 21 chained Ditto up to 40! ><

i try chain fishing for clauncher alway get horsea == and going for seaking and get gyarados story of my life T_T got like 3 horsea and 2 gyarados and how do you count the 4 grass away from you when you do radar for example like there a shaking grass that shake good but it was like 2 step to the left and 2 step up does that count and 4 step?

Caught 3 shinies through Chain Fishing now, videos of them all on my YT Channel:
    Poliwhirl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX1ZzyHlU_k
    Relicanth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fK-Jm9OQBw
    Clawitzer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z-RNw3GV9Y

Record number of chains is 71 which ended up with the Relicanth
    3DS FC: 4742-5984-8959 - Add me and I'll add you back, just send me a PM
    My Pokemon Youtube Channel [PkmnTCG07]
    Team X

After spending several days chain fishing, I feel certain in saying that the chance of getting a bite if you fish in the right location (surrounded by rocks or something else on three sides, and you on the fourth), is 100% even when not having a Pokčmon with suction cups in your party. This makes it extremely easy to use synchronize while chain fishing.

I felt like mentioning this as I have the impression that people think suction cups are neccessary even though the chance in the right locations appears to be 100% without it.

Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast