Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1390

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aesir God View Post
    While chain fishing for a Shellder for a friend I ran into three other shinies: 2 Skrelps and a Relicanth, but I haven't seen shiny Shellder yet, and I had too many disrupted chains by not getting a bite.
    If you take a pokemon with the ability Suction Cups or Sticky Hold on the first position in your party, your chance of getting a bite will increase to the point where it will eliminate the possibility to "not get a bite", I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    If you take a pokemon with the ability Suction Cups or Sticky Hold on the first position in your party, your chance of getting a bite will increase to the point where it will eliminate the possibility to "not get a bite", I believe.
    From experience, I've noticed it is possible, however unlikely, to not get a bite with a suction cups lead.
    FC: 4468-2026-1764

Credit to GameMaster10.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Yes, I know this, that is why I always have an Octillery with SC at the front. But still, at times I don't get bites, even after I've chained for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt2 View Post
    From experience, I've noticed it is possible, however unlikely, to not get a bite with a suction cups lead.
    it happened to me five times yesterday, and I wasn't doing anything wrong. I know how to chain fish, so I was like: What the heck? Why am I not getting bites this time?

Anyway, going to try again for that Shellder later today.

Pokémon X 2981-6150-7153
    Pokémon Y 0533 6586 5116

I'm a writer. Read my stories here: The Dark Voyage Guild on Wheels

Make sure that you are also finishing in a boxed in area, where the tile that your lure is in is surrounded on three sides by rocks or other obstacles. These spots are few and hard to find but worth it. I have never ONCE gotten a "not get a bite" message using this method (along with Suction Cups lead).

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    Make sure that you are also finishing in a boxed in area, where the tile that your lure is in is surrounded on three sides by rocks or other obstacles. These spots are few and hard to find but worth it. I have never ONCE gotten a "not get a bite" message using this method (along with Suction Cups lead).
    Well, okay, I see why it could be then. I've been fishing in areas where there are no rocks but just water, lol. But still, weird since I've fished like this before and have had great success. Yesterday was the first time that happened to me. From now on, though, I will just stick in spots surrounded by rocks and/or other obstacles.

Pokémon X 2981-6150-7153
    Pokémon Y 0533 6586 5116

I'm a writer. Read my stories here: The Dark Voyage Guild on Wheels

Omg, I've been chaining Swirlix's for days now. Highest chain was 22. My chains always break for seemingly illegitimate reasons. I always do everything right. But while I'm trying to reset the radar, the music just stops. I think my game is snubbed >.< Everyone else is running into all these shiny pokemon, whether it be through trading or through RE. But I haven't seen one at all. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    Worth a try since i always ended up 'not get a bite' after 1xx chains... pretty frustrating
    Friend Safari : Electrode Stunfisk Luxio
    PM me for exchanging friend code. (1091-9010-3743)
    Want to get more pokemon that have hidden ability

HA pokemon wanted: Sneasel / Weavile
    Currently Breeding (for shiny): Goomy
    Shiny Hunted: (while breeding some Girafarigs for trading via GTS.....) , Shellder, Dragalge, Quilfish (Chain fishing)

Just tried out chain fishing, 2 shiny Relicanth in 15 mins. This is either really easy or I'm pretty good at it.

Edit: Shiny corsola just after this...
    Last edited by Zeb; 22nd January 2014 at 12:46 AM.
    Friend Codes -

Pokemon X - 0834-2428-7190 - Name: Sage
    Safari - Panpour, Frogadier & Wartortle.

Pokemon Pearl ~ 2323 0057 2065 - Name: Three

Argh, broke my chain at 124. Was fishing for a shiny dragonair, oh well. Hopefully the next time I try again, I wont have to have cast so much.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 718/718

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Just tried out chain fishing, 2 shiny Relicanth in 15 mins. This is either really easy or I'm pretty good at it.

Edit: Shiny corsola just after this...
    theres not much to it. its hard to be bad at it lol but congrats on your shinies. sometimes they come in quick for me too but sometimes it takes forever. my quickest one was maybe 5 minutes a chain of 7 for a shellder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

2 shiny Claunchers today, going for a Staryu.
    Friend Codes -

Pokemon X - 0834-2428-7190 - Name: Sage
    Safari - Panpour, Frogadier & Wartortle.

Pokemon Pearl ~ 2323 0057 2065 - Name: Three

I fished a shiny magikarp at 99, shiny horsea at 27, and some other shinnies, but unfortunately I cannot remember what the chain number of the others.

Dragonair!!!

I'm a shiny collector, currently with 6 Boxes of shinnies ^-^

My Shinnies: along with other pokemon

just got my first shiny from chain fishing after only 7 :P
    It is Relicanth with adament nature and rock head ability!
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

Does being connected online make a difference? I did a chain of 96 the other day and got nothing. Whenever Im connected to the internet though, I fish up something in about 20 or less. Granted, I've only done it twice so far (Dragalge and Gyrados), so Im not sure if that was just luck, but I thought going with a chain of 96 and not fishing anything shiny is crazy.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

What's better than a Malamar?
    A Shiny Malamar!

Current Shinies:
    Malamar
    Dragalge
    Mr. Mime
    Carbink
    Sandslash
    Gyrados
    Horsea
    Haxorus
    Garchomp

Nintendo 3DS FC: 0447 5404 6118
    Safari Zone Element: Electric
    Emolga, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

I cannot for the life of me keep a chain going with the radar though! I think the highest I managed to get before breaking the chain was 13. I just have a hard time telling the difference between the grass shakes. They almost look exactly the same to me.

However, I just made my first successful chain fishing shiny capture! Can you only find one shiny per chain? or can I keep fishing on this chain and find another?
    Last edited by kyle72686; 23rd January 2014 at 7:56 PM.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

I think chain fishing was really easy, my first try was a chain of 13 and I got a shiny Octillery! Now i'm trying to chain with the radar, but most of the time my chain broke..... Highest was a chain of 38 xD ALMOST!!!

Got a shiny clauncher, and it was only a chain of 2!!
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Got a shiny Carbink using the MM. Make hopeful that I can breed a shiny Toxicroak and also a shiny Ludicolo. I may try to get another shiny clauncher as I want a modest one.
    Pokemon in Friend Safari :
    Friend code : 3566-1531-2676
    Shiny Pokemon so far :

I'm currently Masuda Methoding for a Noibat and a Pumpkaboo, is there way to chain for them in a cave/super tall grass? Or can I only get a better shiny chance through breeding?
    Dracturnus says hello ~

Pokemon Y: Delphox - Goodra - Auroras - Aegislash - Pangoro - Yveltal
    Pokemon X: Greninja - Noivern - Tyrantrum - Dragalge - Charizard(Mega X) - Xerneas
    Planned Pokemon X: Chesnaught - Talonflame - Hawlucha - Gourgheist - Blastoise(Mega) - Sylveon
    Final Team Y: Dragonite - Espeon - Milotic(Shiny) - Goodra - Charizard(Mega X) - Tyrantrum(Shiny)

Friend Code: 0275-7739-8698
    Friend Safari: Dwebble, Magcargo, Barbaracle

I caught 2 Shinies today. A Poliwag at a Chain of 7 and a Magikarp at a Chain 25. I now have the complete set of these Shiny Evolutions!

I must be pretty bad at chain fishing then. I couldn't get any higher than 19 and that was with a luvdisc. Anyone have any tips? :/

"It cannot be seen, it cannot be felt.
    It cannot be heard, it cannot be smelt.
    It lies behind stars and under hills
    And empty holes it fills
    It comes first and follows after
    Ends life, kills laughter"

Got myself a clauncher and a dratini today

I pulled off a chain in one of the smallest patches ever (or so it seemed) but after a chain of 40, I managed to snag a shiny Tauros! It's gorgeous. It also took me forever because I played it safe, maybe only venturing to an edge once or twice while vowing never to do so again. I still hope to chain for Hawlucha, Houndour, and Scyther.

ETA: Umbreon17, lead with a pokemon with suction cups, fish as near a rock as you possibly can, and rely on your ears to hear the "you got a bite" sound.
    Last edited by professorj15; 26th January 2014 at 9:56 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 6221 2180
    Dragon Friend Safari: Dragonair, Fraxure, Druddigon.

Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Does anyone know if fishing chains are still possible after obtaining the shiny charm?

Iv spent about 2 hours over the last few days and i cant find a single shint by chain fishing :S but caught a few previously.
    PowerSave Dates: http://na.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades...ckedevents#btn

Can offer cloning service, PM for details

Chaining w/ Poke radar is... difficult.

I couldn't pass 25... I feel like there's too many gimmicks. I tried hard to learn the patterns & the new rules but still...
    I chained a lot in Gen IV, and was quite good at it, but this new chaining mechanic seems... I can't even know what to say...

Does the upbeat music even mean/help anything? I know the chain is boosted to 40 but it seems the shiny patch is rarely seen so its kinda useless...
    Sometimes the decoyed patches appear in heavily shaking grasses, although mostly in slowly ones...
    And edged patches are not safe... (my chain broke a lot there).

I've been chaining for almost a week + REing in Safari but haven't blessed w/ any early shinies... I guess it a tough luck for me...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast