Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1398

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

No luck with chaining using the PokeRadar, highest chain so far is 4 before it got broken by a decoy patch.
    Had better luck using chain fishing to obtain shinies, I have got a Seaking with a chain of 29, a Skrelp with a chain of 25 and a Clauncher with a chain of an unknown length.

Edit: I was able to extend my PokeRadar chain length to 9 before it got broken. Still will need more practice before I can use it to obtain shiny Pokemon.
    Last edited by Tsukuyomi56; 10th February 2014 at 8:43 AM.

A few days ago, i managed to chain a shiny Tauros. I thought I finally mastered the pokeradar so I went to chain a shiny Goomy. First time I got Goomy, the chain broke after one chain and then I found it again and again it broke after one chain. It was good grass and it still manages to break. Someday you will be mine Goomy!
    Pokemon Y
    FC: 2122-6321-3510
    Fire
    Pyroar, Ninetales, Growlithe

Don't have much room

After trying (and failing) with Pokéradar earlier this morning, I went to Route 21 to try to catch a shiny Dragonair. I never caught it, though I did land three Poliwhirl and a red Basculin. I also improved my best fishing chain from 111 to about 172.
    Army Veteran 2001-05

4828-4813-6430 -- 3DS (Dr. Lu)
    Friend Safari - Dragon (Fraxure, Shelgon, and Sliggoo)

Gen VI shinies caught: 9
        Spoiler:

I've been having no luck at all with the Pokéradar. While in gen 4 I could at least make a decent chain (albeit with little success, still) I can't get past one or two. I feel like such a failure! I've had no luck with chain fishing as well, but I do find it fun and fishing for Poliwag is decent for speed EVs.

I know this is farfetched, but has anyone seen any correlation with suction cups and how long they have taken to get a shiny? I know, it's all anecdotal and doesn't mean much, but a friend of mine seems to have much better luck without the use of suction cups and having a shiny appear. I am quite sure it has no effect, but when she did not use the ability she was fishing up a few pokemon in a short period of time, compared to absolutely nothing for an extended period with the ability. I have been fishing almost exclusively with suction cups. It would just be nice to hear someone say they fish up buckets of sparklies using the ability!
    Normal type Friend Safari with Dunsparce, Kecleon, and Ditto!
    3DS FC: 5026 5365 7766
    Seeking a Chansey safari

I always use Octillery with suction cups and it work I can't tell you how long it take to have a shiny, between 20 and ... more than 100.
    3DS Friend Code (Pokémon Y) : 2535-4867-9576
    Grass Friend Safari : Quilladin - Pansage - Petilil
        Spoiler:- Need a 5 or 6 perfect IVs foreign Pokémon with a good nature in X/Y ?:

My highest Pokeradar chain is four. And for chain fishing, my Octillery with Suction Cups fainted before twenty. Stupid Relicanth.

And every night ...I lay awake ...and I find no conclusion.
    'Cause every night ...it just stays the same.
    And I dream ...of an absolution.

I have claimed Ivan from Golden Sun, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    My highest Pokeradar chain is four. And for chain fishing, my Octillery with Suction Cups fainted before twenty. Stupid Relicanth.
    you can still chain effectively with a fainted suction cups lead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

My highest Is twenty-two.My highest without a suction cups lead was seventeen.I wasn't even trying then.I just go bored and left.

"Do you dare to fight evil's might?I'll be the last one standing in a flash of light."
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

I've noticed that a lot of people on this thread are saying that they're having trouble with the PokeRadar. I found a lot of PokeRadar help online and wrote up a comprehensive guide. It might help some of you. I know that these tips work because I've successfully chained several shinies in XY so far.

Spoiler:- Gen VI PokeRadar Guide - it's kind of long:

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of people on this thread are saying that they're having trouble with the PokeRadar. I found a lot of PokeRadar help online and wrote up a comprehensive guide. It might help some of you. I know that these tips work because I've successfully chained several shinies in XY so far.

Spoiler:- Gen VI PokeRadar Guide - it's kind of long:
    Sorry to be so nitpicky but this will help in succeeding
    theres actually 5 types of grass patches
    Slightly shaking: decoy patches. never go into these. theyre the almost unseeable ones and are relatively quiey
    Moderately shaking: These shake a little harder but mostly always has the wrong pokemon
    Rough shaking: These shake side to side and are loud enough to stand out but these arent guaranteed to continue chain. Theyre more likely to do so than the above two however
    Violent shaking: These shake sideways and upwards a bit and stand out the most. These are basically guaranteed to continue your chain if theyre 4 steps away either vertically or horizontally (does NOT have to be perpendicular to the character)
    Shiny patch: quite obvious. the sparkles kind of come up and sometimes its hard to tell which patch is the shaking one as the radius of the shine is kinda large. But nevertheless when you see it, you'll absolutely know its that one so if you ever see a patch that youre not sure if its the shiny one or not, dont go into it. This has led me to success plenty of times and I have gotten my shiny roserade, klefki, trevenant, toxicroak, and drapion this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    Slightly shaking: decoy patches. never go into these. theyre the almost unseeable ones and are relatively quiey
    Moderately shaking: These shake a little harder but mostly always has the wrong pokemon
    Rough shaking: These shake side to side and are loud enough to stand out but these arent guaranteed to continue chain. Theyre more likely to do so than the above two however
    Violent shaking: These shake sideways and upwards a bit and stand out the most. These are basically guaranteed to continue your chain if theyre 4 steps away either vertically or horizontally (does NOT have to be perpendicular to the character)
    Shiny patch: quite obvious. the sparkles kind of come up and sometimes its hard to tell which patch is the shaking one as the radius of the shine is kinda large. But nevertheless when you see it, you'll absolutely know its that one so if you ever see a patch that youre not sure if its the shiny one or not, dont go into it. This has led me to success plenty of times and I have gotten my shiny roserade, klefki, trevenant, toxicroak, and drapion this way.
    Thanks! I also agree with you - if you aren't absolutely sure that a patch is safe, don't go into it. Reset the Radar and try again.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I've looked and can't find any answers anywhere, but does anyone know how the shiny charm affect the odds when it comes to the pokeradar? Can I find my shiny just as easy at a chain of 20 and just keep resetting or are the odds just increased less with each chain resulting in the same odds by chain 40?
    Pokemon Y Shiny Team (Under Construction)
    Greninja

Spoiler:- X and Y Shinies!:

Pokemon Y FC: 2895-7928-9965

Quote Originally Posted by JoshRJV77 View Post
    I've looked and can't find any answers anywhere, but does anyone know how the shiny charm affect the odds when it comes to the pokeradar? Can I find my shiny just as easy at a chain of 20 and just keep resetting or are the odds just increased less with each chain resulting in the same odds by chain 40?
    As far as we know, shiny charm does not affect the PokeRadar.

-------

That kinda sucks, I just had another decent chain break for what seemed to be no good reason! Really getting frustrated with this, especially since I seemed to have had it down no problem before getting the shiny charm and since I've had no luck at all
    Pokemon Y Shiny Team (Under Construction)
    Greninja

Spoiler:- X and Y Shinies!:

Pokemon Y FC: 2895-7928-9965

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan21 View Post
    I always use Octillery with suction cups and it work I can't tell you how long it take to have a shiny, between 20 and ... more than 100.
    Time to get an Octillery!! I have had no luck so far!

Wow, a shiny chatot appeared after only a chain of 4! First pokeradar shiny of gen 6

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    I can't stress enough the importance of distinguishing the grass types. Once I visually mastered what each one looks like, I regularly got up to 40. Beware the "rough" and "violent" patches are nearly identical.
    Pokedex: 719/721

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    I can't stress enough the importance of distinguishing the grass types. Once I visually mastered what each one looks like, I regularly got up to 40. Beware the "rough" and "violent" patches are nearly identical.
    Is there anyone that can make a GIF for each of the types of shaking grass? I think it would help a lot if I was able to stare at a GIF of a Violently shaking grass and memorize what I am looking for and I would be very greatful.

And I don't understand how some grass patches can be "louder" than others. They shake at exactly the same time for the same length of time. Their sounds are played at exactly the same time.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    Is there anyone that can make a GIF for each of the types of shaking grass? I think it would help a lot if I was able to stare at a GIF of a Violently shaking grass and memorize what I am looking for and I would be very greatful.

And I don't understand how some grass patches can be "louder" than others. They shake at exactly the same time for the same length of time. Their sounds are played at exactly the same time.
    I agree that a GIF or youtube video would probably help a lot of people. Is there no youtube video like this available yet?

EDIT: I just searched youtube and couldn't find anything that specifically demonstrated all the grass types. Almost all of them were just showing the shiny patch, which is the most distinctive of all the types, lol.
    Last edited by The Scientist; 6th February 2014 at 4:03 AM.
    Pokedex: 719/721

I finally evolved all of the pokemon I have that evolve by trading, except shelmet and karrablast because I didn't have them on my X version so I caught them so I can transfer them over tomorrow when my 3ds is done charging. I also need to evolve my sneasel and gligar still. Then I will be done catching and evolving pokemon in Y until I use poke transfer.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Last night I chained two Shiny Goldeen looking for a Shiny Corphish. One of them was Adamant and is now named Shiny Ada. Today's luck sucked because I chained no shiny Pokemon. I kept accidentally breaking my Chains.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post

The violent patch has a louder noise than the others. If there's at least one, it will be the sound heard. If there's no violent patch, you'll notice a softer rustling noise.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

I found a good chain fishing spot. Fly to Laverre City an go through the house (there's a gap). Fish there. I accidentally got a shiny Basculin!
    First Shiny Generation VI:

It seems like I constantly have to reset the PokeRadar since there's rarely the violent shaking patch. The highest I've ever gotten was 32, trying to get a shiny Croagunk, but it broke.

However, when I tried chaining in a different area, I found a shiny Plusle after literally 3 chains. It was a miracle!

Friend Code: 0103 9964 6275
    Trying to hatch a shiny Poochyena! Current Egg #: 932!
    Friend Safari Type: Grass!

Ok what the hell. Im on my 113th fishing chain and still no shiny. My last chain was only 25, for which I was rewarded with a shiny Skrelp. I have the shiny charm and everything! What exactly are the odds of getting a shiny as your fishing chain increases, does anyone know? And does the shiny charm affect it?

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast