Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1398

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Mustache View Post
    do I have to find always the same pokemon for the chain not to break?? I don't quite get it. If so I never pass from 4 or 6 encounters
    You don't for fish chaining, but you do for poke radar chaining.

Happy Holidays! (...what do you mean it's too early? D: )
    *I'll be waiting until the 25th for ORAS / SSB4 due to midterms ;______;
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

UGH. So I'm using the Poke Radar to chain Shiny Swirlix.

I got the chain up to 42 or so and began resetting the radar over and over.

Then it happened. A patch of grass sparkled... but it was stacked on top of another patch and I didn't know which one was sparkling, so I made a guess.

I guessed wrong... but it was a Swirlix! The chain wasn't broken. Now I don't know if I have to battle 40 more Swirlix or if the probability is still lowered and all I'd need to do is keep resetting the radar again. Has anyone even found multiple shinies in quick succession during one chain?

Edit: Just after typing this, I went to lie down, I reset the radar one more time and.... PING! It was a single shiny patch, waay above but I reached it and now to catch a shiny Swirlix! My quest is over!
    Last edited by RLinksoul; 10th June 2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Are you a fan of Magical Girls?
    Share your love of Sailor Moon, Precure, Madoka Magica and all your favorite defenders of love and justice at Magical Girl Cafe!

Quote Originally Posted by RLinksoul View Post
    UGH. So I'm using the Poke Radar to chain Shiny Swirlix.

I got the chain up to 42 or so and began resetting the radar over and over.

Then it happened. A patch of grass sparkled... but it was stacked on top of another patch and I didn't know which one was sparkling, so I made a guess.

I guessed wrong... but it was a Swirlix! The chain wasn't broken. Now I don't know if I have to battle 40 more Swirlix or if the probability is still lowered and all I'd need to do is keep resetting the radar again. Has anyone even found multiple shinies in quick succession during one chain?

Edit: Just after typing this, I went to lie down, I reset the radar one more time and.... PING! It was a single shiny patch, waay above but I reached it and now to catch a shiny Swirlix! My quest is over!
    It doesn't reset until after you catch a shiny, apparently.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

DS was low on power, was about to catch a shiny swirlix; DS turns off.

>rage, I spent like 2 hours finding that **** w/ Radar.

I have about ten shinies on my Y.About six or seven of them are from chain fishing.I even have a shiny Dragonite that I got from chain fishing Dratini(Dratini is rare on Route 20.I had a chain full of Basculin before I found it).I'm trying to get a Barboach.I just hope I don't get another Poliwhirl...

"Go and do not falter, my child!"
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

Chain fishing for shiny staryu...getting kind of hard with all the clauncher in the way though!
    I've chained about 40 so far...no luck yet *sigh*

Edit: lol ended up with a shiny clauncher anyway
    (chain of 55)
    Last edited by loveandstardust; 16th June 2014 at 10:03 PM.

I found my Barboach!I also tried chaining with the Poke-radar.NEVER AGAIN.

"Go and do not falter, my child!"
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

My first time I tried Chain fishing, I got a Clauncher after 7 tries and named it Zoidberg (cuz it's a Red lobster) and it became part of my in-game team. It's now my horde killer with its Surf! I then tried for a Dragonair and I got a pretty purple one after 23 tries. I named her Emma, but sicne I already have a shiny Dragonite and a fully EV'd one, I wondertraded her. I have good luck with fishing, but I'm so impatient so I always end up breaking the chain at around 30. I probably won't try Pokeradar... Not patient enough haha

I love to breed Pokémon! If you have a request, PM me. I'll breed you a Pokémon that you request!

Current National Dex Status: 511/718
    "The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane, and I'm tricking her out all over this town!"
    † Praise Him!†
    Profile Pic by Aminella of DeviantArt, Other pics from PMD Wikia

I was hunting shiny Chatot today. I saw a piece of grass rustle (it must have been stacked on a shiny grass) so I go and enter it. I look away for a split second at the beginning of battle and did not notice the shiny Chatot. I killed it thinking it was a normal one, then the battle ends and it shows it faint. I notice it was shiny and I almost threw my 3ds (I have rage issues, I know) TL;DR: you always need to pay attention to what you're doing while shiny hunting
    FC for Friend Safari: 0361-7472-0721 Fighting Type with Machoke , Pancham, and Hariyama . PM to exchange FC's.

SHINIES: Lilpup, Chatot, and Froakie WILL TRADE FOR ANOTHER SHINY

Chapter 8 out now!

Does the Shiny Charm affect Pokéradar shiny patch chance?
    (It probably doesn't but I thought I'd ask anyway)
    3DS friend code: 4441-9511-6350

Water safari with: Octillery, Gyrados and Frogadier.

Ω Pokemon Omega Ruby! Ω

Still waiting to get ORAS……

Chain fishing is awesome, I wish they implimented this in earlier games. Just hooked a shiny Relicanth! Also got a shiny Dragonair the other day!

Trying to chain for Croagunk but its not going too well as my chain keeps breaking quite early on. I must be doing something wrong?

Hoenn, here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by sagittar View Post
    Does the Shiny Charm affect Pokéradar shiny patch chance?
    (It probably doesn't but I thought I'd ask anyway)
    No one knows for sure but I see no reason for it not to affect every type of pokemon encounter.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

Hey guys, first post here. I'm prolly gonna make an introduction thread soon but I wanted to see what everyone thought of my strange PokéRadar experience.

So I was on Route 5, trying my hand at Radar chaining for the first time. First few hours were a bit discouraging, seeing as how I would rarely get a chain higher than 12. I was in the big purple flower patch, hoping to chain for a shiny Skiddo. I started getting excited, as I had just gotten a chain of 20.

Then lo and behold, my 21st encounter was a shiny Pancham. I was ecstatic but I was also confused. Does this happen often? Where you'll be chaining for a certain Pokemon, and then once you finally encounter shiny, it's a completely different species? Or was this shiny encounter just as random as any other, not influenced by the radar chain at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Umbreon View Post
    Hey guys, first post here. I'm prolly gonna make an introduction thread soon but I wanted to see what everyone thought of my strange PokéRadar experience.

So I was on Route 5, trying my hand at Radar chaining for the first time. First few hours were a bit discouraging, seeing as how I would rarely get a chain higher than 12. I was in the big purple flower patch, hoping to chain for a shiny Skiddo. I started getting excited, as I had just gotten a chain of 20.

Then lo and behold, my 21st encounter was a shiny Pancham. I was ecstatic but I was also confused. Does this happen often? Where you'll be chaining for a certain Pokemon, and then once you finally encounter shiny, it's a completely different species? Or was this shiny encounter just as random as any other, not influenced by the radar chain at all?
    If you weren't chaining Pancham I think it was just a random shiny. Unless it was from a shiny patch...
    3DS friend code: 4441-9511-6350

Water safari with: Octillery, Gyrados and Frogadier.

Ω Pokemon Omega Ruby! Ω

Still waiting to get ORAS……

Quote Originally Posted by sagittar View Post
    If you weren't chaining Pancham I think it was just a random shiny. Unless it was from a shiny patch...
    I don't recall seeing the patch sparkle, I honestly don't even know the actual animation for it. I was thinking that it was somehow influenced by the chain, but if it was indeed just a totally random encounter, then holy crap dude. That timing.
    3DS FC: 4656-8034-3856
    Ice Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Lapras

VM or PM me so I can add you back!

Dream Team for Ωmega Ruby:

ok so quick question(even if I don't intend to ever use the pokeradar) can a shiny pokemon appear in patches that aren't "shiny patches"
    All pink shiny team 5/6
    my most recent shiny pokemon:
    my trade shop: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...y-trading-shop

Quote Originally Posted by maskofsanity1998 View Post
    ok so quick question(even if I don't intend to ever use the pokeradar) can a shiny pokemon appear in patches that aren't "shiny patches"
    I would assume so, seeing as how the shiny Pancham I just caught was in a regular shaking patch. Granted I was doing a Skiddo chain but either way it is possible. It just might not be the shiny Poke you're looking for lol.

I have a question for you guys. During chaining, I encountered an early shiny patch and was wondering since I caught it, if that resets the chain or can I continue up to 40 and still see a shiny patch? Any help would be great thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Akko View Post
    I have a question for you guys. During chaining, I encountered an early shiny patch and was wondering since I caught it, if that resets the chain or can I continue up to 40 and still see a shiny patch? Any help would be great thanks!
    I don't see why not, the chain continues as long as you defeat or catch a Pokémon in that chain. Getting several shinies in one chain would be awesome luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Umbreon View Post
    I don't see why not, the chain continues as long as you defeat or catch a Pokémon in that chain. Getting several shinies in one chain would be awesome luck!
    That's not really what s/he's asking, though

As far as we know, catching a shiny resets the chain.

Kalos Shinies:

I always have a real hard time with the poke radar - I'd rather hatch thousands of eggs! This chain fishing sounds great though, I'm gonna try that after my current hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    That's not really what s/he's asking, though

As far as we know, catching a shiny resets the chain.

Thank you! I've never done much chain hunting until X and Y so I wanted to make sure

So I'm sort of new to chain fishing (I only have successfully done it once, and that was really the only time I tried until today), and I'm just curious - I have my Dowsing Machine registered as well as my Super Rod; I'm wondering if mistakenly using the Dowsing Machine will break my chain. Also, can one use a different rod while maintaining a chain (can I use my Super Rod and then my Good Rod, while still counting it as a successful chain, or does it break)?
    Vivillon hunt - 20/20
    Native pattern - Modern
    Pokedex completion - ~718/721 (patiently waiting for the events)
    3DS Friend Code - 4768-7696-3909
    Safari Type - Grass (Oddish/Petilil/Quilladin)
    Most Recent Shiny

Welcome to the family, MetaBling!

Quote Originally Posted by Marsalevsky View Post
    So I'm sort of new to chain fishing (I only have successfully done it once, and that was really the only time I tried until today), and I'm just curious - I have my Dowsing Machine registered as well as my Super Rod; I'm wondering if mistakenly using the Dowsing Machine will break my chain. Also, can one use a different rod while maintaining a chain (can I use my Super Rod and then my Good Rod, while still counting it as a successful chain, or does it break)?
    I know for a fact you can use all three rods and the game wont care, and the dowsing machine PROBABLY wont break your chain
    All pink shiny team 5/6
    my most recent shiny pokemon:
    my trade shop: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...y-trading-shop

When the music changes to the more upbeat hyper musi when radaring for a pokemon are the chances of finding a shiny increased? Cause honestly the music has hit so many times but i have never found one! The only shiny i have gotten to date was magikarp chain fishing >.!

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast