Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1398

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by St.Silver View Post
    When the music changes to the more upbeat hyper musi when radaring for a pokemon are the chances of finding a shiny increased? Cause honestly the music has hit so many times but i have never found one! The only shiny i have gotten to date was magikarp chain fishing >.!
    I know the music changes when there is a shiny patch, I suggest looking up shiny hunting with pokeradar on youtube and see(umm....hear) if that music is for a shiny patch
    All pink shiny team 5/6
    my most recent shiny pokemon: (this should show how well my all pink shiny team is going!)
    my trade shop: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...y-trading-shop

Quote Originally Posted by maskofsanity1998 View Post
    I know for a fact you can use all three rods and the game wont care, and the dowsing machine PROBABLY wont break your chain
    Thanks!

Also, is Sticky Hold a guaranteed fish hooked, or is there still a possibility of nothing biting, as I would be really bummed out if I got a high chain, only for it to break because of that.
    Vivillon hunt - 20/20
    Native pattern - Modern
    Pokedex completion - ~718/721 (patiently waiting for the events)
    3DS Friend Code - 4768-7696-3909
    Safari Type - Grass (Oddish/Petilil/Quilladin)
    Most Recent Shiny

Welcome to the family, Hershey!

Quote Originally Posted by Marsalevsky View Post
    Thanks!

Also, is Sticky Hold a guaranteed fish hooked, or is there still a possibility of nothing biting, as I would be really bummed out if I got a high chain, only for it to break because of that.
    I don't know for a fact but I don't think it's 100% guaranteed, when I use suction cup my chain breaking is all my fault reeling in too slow
    All pink shiny team 5/6
    my most recent shiny pokemon: (this should show how well my all pink shiny team is going!)

Quote Originally Posted by maskofsanity1998 View Post
    I know the music changes when there is a shiny patch, I suggest looking up shiny hunting with pokeradar on youtube and see(umm....hear) if that music is for a shiny patch
    The music doesn't change when there's a shiny patch... it only increases the likelihood of finding one, and people have suggested that resetting the radar when that happens leads to shiny patches more often than not.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Quote Originally Posted by Marsalevsky View Post
    Thanks!

It's not guaranteed.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    The music doesn't change when there's a shiny patch... it only increases the likelihood of finding one, and people have suggested that resetting the radar when that happens leads to shiny patches more often than not.
    well, i'm no expert so i'll just stop givnig advice lol
    All pink shiny team 5/6

I saw something somewhere that said that gen 6 only lets you get 1 shiny per chain? So, if you want another one you have to chain another 40?
    Can anyone confirm this?
    FC: 2681-0296-3278
    Psychic friend safari: Grumpig, Sigilyph, and Gothorita
    Looking for megastones

Quote Originally Posted by reinofc View Post
    I saw something somewhere that said that gen 6 only lets you get 1 shiny per chain? So, if you want another one you have to chain another 40?
    Can anyone confirm this?
    What's been agreed on is that after you catch a shiny, the rate resets. So, you can get several shinies per chain but you have to increase the chain number each time.

Kalos Shinies:

Can Someone like PM or VM me so I can know how to use the freaking Poke Radar to get a shiny? I guess a link to one could be appreciated as well. I suck when it comes to finding shiny cause I don't know a dang thing!
    Now accepting battles!!

Quote Originally Posted by kisspower12 View Post
    Can Someone like PM or VM me so I can know how to use the freaking Poke Radar to get a shiny? I guess a link to one could be appreciated as well. I suck when it comes to finding shiny cause I don't know a dang thing!
    So many people ask this question that I wrote a guide on it and saved it on my computer:

Here's a guide on chaining in Pokemon X and Y!

1. Buy a LOT of Super/Max Repels. Like at least 99 of them.

2. Go to a grass patch that is sufficiently large, probably at least 40-50 patches squared (so like 4x10 or 5x10) and use a Repel. A good place to practice is probably the Pokemon Village, because the grass patches are so huge. Note, though, that you can exit the Pokeradar's range if you stray to far from where you started chaining, and you'll have to start over. Anyway, step 1 is to use a Repel, turn on the Pokeradar, and encounter a Pokemon in a shaking patch. If it's not the Pokemon you want, reset the Radar by walking 50 steps and trying again. Do this until you get the Pokemon you want.

3. You must defeat or catch the Pokemon. After the battle ends, the grass patches will automatically shake. This is where it gets tricky - you must pay VERY close attention to the grass patches - where they are, how fast they're shaking, how loud they are, and whether or not they are next to other grass patches.

There are four types of shaking patches:

SLOW: Most of the time has NO Pokemon in it, and will break your chain. If it does have a Pokemon, it is almost always not the one you are chaining and will break your chain
    NORMAL: From what I can tell, has about a 50/50 chance of having the Pokemon you are chaining vs a different Pokemon. Not safe to step in.
    FAST AND LOUD: Almost always has the Pokemon you are chaining
    SHINY: Hooray! You found a shiny patch! Will always have a shiny Pokemon in it!

However, fast and loud grass patches are not always safe to step in. Here is how you tell which patches to step in and which ones to avoid:

SAFE GRASS PATCHES:

1. Must be shaking fast and loud
    2. Must be at least 4 steps from you
    3. Must NOT be on the edge of the field
    4. Must be by themselves (i.e., not next to any other shaking grass patches or you)

Shiny grass patches are also always safe.

UNSAFE GRASS PATCHES

1. Anything that shakes slow or normal
    2. ANY grass patch, even fast and loud ones, on the edge of a field
    3. ANY grass patch, even fast and loud ones, that are next to another shaking grass patch
    4. ANY grass patch that is next to you

If there aren't any grass patches that match the criteria I listed for safe ones, then walk 50 steps (without entering any shaking grass patches, obviously) and reset the Radar to make different patches shake. This will not break your chain. Also, keep in mind that even if you follow the "safe grass patch" rules, there is still a slim chance that you could encounter a different Pokemon than the one you are chaining in a "safe" grass patch. It's rare, but it does happen. Following these rules, though, will greatly minimize the chance of breaking your chain.

THINGS THAT WILL BREAK YOUR CHAIN:

1. Using the roller skates or Bicycle
    2. Entering a grass patch with a Pokemon different than the one you are chaining
    3. Entering a grass patch with no Pokemon (these grass patches will always be slow-shaking)
    4. Leaving the PokeRadar's range
    5. Having an Egg in your party that hatches while you are chaining

THINGS THAT WILL NOT BREAK YOUR CHAIN:

1. Accidentally stepping in a slow/normal grass patch that miraculously has the Pokemon you are chaining. Lucky you!
    2. Using the menus to switch Pokemon, use items, etc.
    3. Encountering one of the legendary birds
    4. Walking 50 steps and resetting the Radar

You will know if your chain is broken if the Pokeradar music stops and goes back to the normal Route music.

----

Lastly, sometimes, the Pokeradar music will change into something more upbeat. No one has any proof of what this does yet, but the general consensus on the Internet that I can find is that while the upbeat music is playing, you have a higher chance of encountering shiny patches. When the upbeat music starts, DON'T WALK INTO ANY SHAKING PATCHES. Keep walking 50 steps and resetting the Radar to see if you get any shiny patches. You can resume encountering and building your chain once the music stops.

Once you hit a chain of 40, stop encountering in the shaking grass patches. You can't get your shiny chance any higher after 40, so encountering will just risk breaking your chain. Once you hit a chain of 40, just keep walking 50 steps and resetting the Radar until you find a shiny patch. The chance of finding a shiny patch at a chain of 40 in D/P/Pt was 1/200. We don't know what it is in XY - it's at least 1/200 - but I'd put money on it being 1/100. Anyway, the chance of finding a shiny patch is still small - either .5% or 1% - but that's a lot higher than the normal .0001%, and with a lot of Repels and patience, you can still find a shiny patch fairly easily.

I hope that's helpful, and good luck!

Varanus

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

You sir deserve a cookie cookie!
    Now accepting battles!!

I have been looking for a pinsirite, would you trade me one. i have pokemon y
    Eh ahm teh dergenbern

I remember i chained a shiny Ditto. i was dissapointed that when you use transform it doesnt transform into that pokemons shiny...
    Eh ahm teh dergenbern

I am currently using the mesuda method to get a shiny pinsir. I have gotten a beldum and riolu ising the mesuda method
    Eh ahm teh dergenbern

Got my first gen 6 shiny (Magikarp) after 50 chains. I also went hunting for a shiny Dragonair and eventually messed up on the 74th chain.
    FC: 0404-7126-7563
    name: navarro

Coconuthead - try not to double- or triple-post - you can get infracted for it. Use the "Edit" button at the bottom right-hand corner of the post to edit your posts instead of making multiple posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuthead View Post
    I have been looking for a pinsirite, would you trade me one. i have pokemon y
    Go to the Trade Forums, and in particular try the Item and Pokerus Trading Thread and/or the Trade Shops to find what you need.

I remember i chained a shiny Ditto. i was dissapointed that when you use transform it doesnt transform into that pokemons shiny...
    It will only transform into the shiny version of the opponent if the opponent is shiny, unfortunately.

I am currently using the mesuda method to get a shiny pinsir. I have gotten a beldum and riolu ising the mesuda method
    Nice job Come join us at the Shiny Hunters' Thread to get more tips and tricks on shiny hunting, as well as to make friends and get encouragement on your long hunts!

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I would like to point out some things:

It's best to buy Super Repels rather than Max. Cheaper and more steps overall.

In order not to waste Repels, one should follow this order: save -> Poke Radar -> (if it's the Pokemon we want to chain) Repel. This way, if you don't find the intended Pokemon you won't be wasting Repel steps trying to reset the Radar. Also, if your chain ends, you can simply reset the game and try again with full Repel stock.

Not sure if your "SLOW" patch is the 6th-Gen decoy one but, if so, it NEVER has a Pokemon.

You didn't really specify that's the case but I've seen other people saying that edge patches are unsafe and will break a chain. The reason they are unsafe is because the next set of patches MIGHT activate in non-grass places and thus, the chain breaks. An edge patch DOES NOT equal a broken chain.

Lastly, the upbeat Poke Radar music is officially stated to increase the appearance of shiny Pokemon. Whether that means a random Pokemon encounter or a shiny patch, no one knows.

Kalos Shinies:

Edge-patches are unsafe because there is high chance that next patches are generated outside the grass and if all go outside the grass chain ends. Corner patches are the most dangerous ones naturally.

Not really chained much in this generation- it is too hard with these 3d graphics IMO. I got shiny Skiddo with chain of 40 but from non-shiny patch.

By my experience some rules like "always 4 steps away from you" and "never next to other patch" are not true what comes to Platinum at least. I don't know if they are useful in GEN VI, but in Platinum the rule was simple: the patch that shakes similarly than ones before and is the patch farthest away from you it is pretty safe. But still totally random chain breaks happen.

I have taken patches next to other shaking ones and patches less than 4 steps away (if they are the farthest of the 4). Patches next to corners and edges are to be avoided though because of the mechanics.

But I need to chain more in this gen to see how it works.
    Last edited by Blasting Toise; 14th July 2014 at 5:45 PM.
    LF shinies:
    LF: FT:
    FC: 2766-9478-4272 FS: normal type Minccino, Dunsparce and Smeargle
    I have these shinies for trade!

Please visit my trade shop: (It's still quite small but i'm working on it) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...reeding-Corner

Successful Masuda methods(not for trade):

Hello. I havent played X and Y yet, so I wanted to ask this that how do u keep track of chains in X and Y. In DPPt we had a poketch app which also displayed the highest chain we had gotten. So what is there in X and Y.
    And also, that in Fish chaining, is it necassary to encounter the same pokemon every time to continue the chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom1598 View Post
    Hello. I havent played X and Y yet, so I wanted to ask this that how do u keep track of chains in X and Y. In DPPt we had a poketch app which also displayed the highest chain we had gotten. So what is there in X and Y.
    And also, that in Fish chaining, is it necassary to encounter the same pokemon every time to continue the chain?
    To keep track of chains in XY, you have to count and keep a tally. That's the only thing you can do. To chain fish, you do not have to encounter the same Pokemon each time.

-------

well I can't seem to get a chain of more than 8 pokemon, so no luck with pokeradar for me... just chain fishing and I love that

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom1598 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    To keep track of chains in XY, you have to count and keep a tally. That's the only thing you can do. To chain fish, you do not have to encounter the same Pokemon each time.
    Actually on the second floor of the pokemon lab there is a machine that you can interact with, it can tell you your top 3 chains and your latest chain.
    3DS friend code: 4441-9511-6350

Water safari with: Octillery, Gyrados and Frogadier.

Ω Pokemon Omega Ruby! Ω

Still waiting to get ORAS……

Quote Originally Posted by sagittar View Post
    Actually on the second floor of the pokemon lab there is a machine that you can interact with, it can tell you your top 3 chains and your latest chain.
    That doesn't help you while you're chaining.

-------

You can chain with strong pokemon(for 1-hit KOs) and count using the PP. For example, a Mewtwo: Psychic + Shadow Ball + Thunderbolt = 40 KOs

What comes to chain-fishing it seems that there is easier chance to get multiple shinies. At least I received two shiny poliwags today with chain of 59. Is it true that running doesn't reset the fishing chain? One site claimed that not even moving resets the chain if you don't go to another route/city. I stayed put and didn't run from the battle but I don't know if that was necessary then?
    LF shinies:
    LF: FT:
    FC: 2766-9478-4272 FS: normal type Minccino, Dunsparce and Smeargle
    I have these shinies for trade!

Please visit my trade shop: (It's still quite small but i'm working on it) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...reeding-Corner

Successful Masuda methods(not for trade):

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast