Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

So what spots are people finding that are good? Route 5 and the Pokemon Village are the only viable options for me and I don't want any of the Pokemon they're offering.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    I have heard a couple people saying they got 2 shinies from one chain, but at least one person said they got their chain up to 76 when they got their other shiny. I am wondering if the second shiny was actually on a second chain.

I have heard many more reports of people trying to chain a second shiny with failure than with success. I got mine quickly after a chain of 40, then reset 165+ more times and never got another shiny patch.

Furthermore, given that we know fishing chains break after capturing a pokemon, perhaps the pokeradar also resets after capturing a pokemon, or getting a shiny patch.
    I really do think that it does. Of course, a hance of 0,5% is not that much, but within 400 resets there should be at least one additional patch. Nevertheless, I'll keep trying it when I'm doing the next chain, maybe I'll get diferent results.
    FC: 0103 - 9000 - 2235
    IGN: Eldéen
    Contact me before adding me!

All human knowledge begins with intuitions, proceeds from thence to concepts, and ends with ideas.
    - Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason

Quote Originally Posted by cwertle View Post
    Could somebody explain how to chain fish to me?
    Stand still and keep fishing. You can kill, run or catch the pokemon. Just don't move and don't get your combo to break. If you don't get a nibble or fish too early/late, you start from 1. Tip: Get a pokemon with suction cups as its ability. Good luck on your hunt
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Eldéen View Post
    Guys, is it confirmed that there can be only one shiny path in every chain or hast anyone seen more than one, so far?
    I don't have but I think I did read about someone catching 2 shiny pikachus earlier, in this thread. Page 2 I believe it was.

About the records at the computer in Sycamore Labs, what is "Target Record" Does anyone know?

And have i understood right that as long as you encounter the same pokemon each time, it doesn't matter how you come out of the battle (run/fight/capture) ?
    Almost done with my pokedex. Only missing two moon stone-evolutions, Clefable and Musharna.

I am also looking for someone to tradeback a Dialga and Palkia, Thornadus/Thundurus & Landorus

Please let me know if you can help me.

Friendsafari: Slugma, Pansear, Braxien
    FC: 0834-1823-9377
    Feel free to add my FC and leave yours

Quote Originally Posted by kjthek1ng View Post
    I don't have but I think I did read about someone catching 2 shiny pikachus earlier, in this thread. Page 2 I believe it was.

About the records at the computer in Sycamore Labs, what is "Target Record" Does anyone know?

And have i understood right that as long as you encounter the same pokemon each time, it doesn't matter how you come out of the battle (run/fight/capture) ?
    The running is for Chain fishing. Don't know about Pokeradar chaining, as it seems to me way more complicated so I'll be looking more into that once people know what the criteria are as well as the statistics
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

kfthek1ng: I think the target record is for the Pokemon-of-the-day that the assistant on 2F of Sycamore's lab asks you to find for him. So if he asks you to find Illumise and you get a chain of 24, your target record will be 24.
    Pokedex: 719/721

Did you notice that sometimes the music changes second time after few succesful chains sometimes? It plays very exciting tune as if it would indicate something, but after I go to the next chain, it's just a normal pokemon, not shiny, not with good IV's and after that it changes back to the original Radar tune, so wtf is that music for?

Also noticed at times there 3 are exclamation marks, instead of 2, when chain fishing. Could this be linked to higher chances of shinies being found? Does anybody find more shinies with (!!!) than (!!)? I'd really like to know

when chaining Flabébé, in the yellow flowers outside daycare, you get different colors, not only the color of the flower.
    Almost done with my pokedex. Only missing two moon stone-evolutions, Clefable and Musharna.

I am also looking for someone to tradeback a Dialga and Palkia, Thornadus/Thundurus & Landorus

Please let me know if you can help me.

Friendsafari: Slugma, Pansear, Braxien
    FC: 0834-1823-9377
    Feel free to add my FC and leave yours

I've been trying to chain a Bagon, but I getting a lot of trouble. Maximum is 8 only... sometimes I can't even make it 2 or 3, with Drifloons popping out of nowhere. Curiously, my best chains were broken by stupid stuff: a hidden patch I missed and an edge that for some reason broke my chain (most of the edges don't, so I though that mechanic was gone :S)

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Battle Spot Season 7 - Special: W10 L6 - Rating 1577
    Battle Spot Season 7 - Doubles: W3 L1

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W61 L27

My friend on Twitter got FIVE shinies by chain fishing in one night!

Can I chain fish from the shore? Or do I need to be in the water?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Can I chain fish from the shore? Or do I need to be in the water?
    From the shore works fine. Just don't move from that spot unless you wanna reset the chain, as you probably know.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

is there something i'm missing when it comes to the Poke Radar? i can never seem to get a chain higher then 3 or so...its always getting broken by i different pokemon or an empty spot, I like to believe i have lots of grass to work in, but i think i'm missing something...
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
    is there something i'm missing when it comes to the Poke Radar? i can never seem to get a chain higher then 3 or so...its always getting broken by i different pokemon or an empty spot, I like to believe i have lots of grass to work in, but i think i'm missing something...
    You're probably going into the wrong grass. You need to walk into the grass that rustles the hardest. If none of the grass rustle hard, walk 50steps and use the radar again to find one. Also, don't go into grass that is directly next to another one, diagonal is fine.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

I just wanted to come in here and say that I too haven't seen more than 1 shiny patch in a chain. I reset for about an hour and a half on both of my chains and I never found another shiny patch after the first one I got. Maybe you can only find 1 shiny patch per chain? Or maybe it resets the shiny chance after you find your first one? Maybe that would make more sense, since the person on page 2 supposedly had a chain of 76 when he got two shinies?
    Last edited by Super Pichu Chan; 26th October 2013 at 3:15 AM.
    3DS FC: 1177-6536-6585, my friend safari is Grass and contains Tangela, Sawsbuck and Quilladin!

Got a Shiny Clauncher in under or just above 20 consecutive Fishing a couple days ago. Now trying for a Shiny Corphish.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Super Pichu Chan View Post
    Maybe you can only find 1 shiny patch per chain? Or maybe it resets the shiny chance after you find your first one? Maybe that would make more sense, since the person on page 2 supposedly had a chain of 76 when he got two shinies?
    My thoughts exactly. I think GameFreak changed it so you have to restart your chain from scratch after either getting a shiny patch or capturing a Pokemon. I'm not sure which of those two options resets your chain, but I think it is reset somehow.
    Pokedex: 719/721

After an hour of fishing I picked up a shiny Alomomola. I believe I saw a small sparkle in the splashing of the water as you reel in the pokemon. There was nothing else indicating shiny present.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 26th October 2013 at 6:02 AM.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Has anybody else been having trouble with the consecutive fishing while using an Old Rod? I was in Cyllage trying to get a shiny Luvdisc, two hours later and still no luck. I wasn't counting how long my streaks were getting, but even if it broke a couple times, it still got into at least the forties multiple times. It's probably just my usual horrible luck, but I've never had any problem while using any other rod. Got three other shinies while hunting this way in three days, all within an hour maximum for each.
    Might try again later using a different rod for a different Pokémon. Hopefully my luck'll come back.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

I caught a Shiny Skrelp today on exactly the 60th chain.

If I'm sinking and laughing at something sunken in, I am.
    5214 - 9758 - 4705
    Pokemon Breeder's Club
    Playing Pokemon Y. Collection Vivillons. PM to trade patterns.

Well I just chain fished a shiny Dratini, thus concluding my two day long hunt.
    You are Loki! Loki is a Frost Giant. The god of mischief and trickery. He killed his friend Baldr and will lead the giants in starting Ragnarök (the end of the world)

The Shiny Charm is MINE!

Think you can take on the Night?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_Master View Post
    Well I just chain fished a shiny Dratini, thus concluding my two day long hunt.
    Nice shiny, I have one on W2 and it is a level 69 Dragonite and I love it. I am thinking of Chain fishing a Clamperl or Corphish. I am trying to get the PokeRadar thing figured out. It is pretty hard.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

So the other day when i was consecutive fishing I got a clauncher on my 2nd fish. Undortunately it had a naughty nature so I was re-chaining it tonight and got another one, but bold natured! Not my first choice, but i'll take it! Now off to get shiny dratini and then aron with head smash!
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzqx View Post
    So the other day when i was consecutive fishing I got a clauncher on my 2nd fish. Undortunately it had a naughty nature so I was re-chaining it tonight and got another one, but bold natured! Not my first choice, but i'll take it! Now off to get shiny dratini and then aron with head smash!

Shiny Dratini will test you. I'm just going to warn you haha. Prepare to encounter hordes of shiny Basculin before you get to that awesome Shiny.

Anyways, much luck.

And thank you Blackwing. It took me a while but I never give up. I didn't get the shiny Dratini in White 2 since I don't care much for free Shinys like that. I'd rather earn them.
    You are Loki! Loki is a Frost Giant. The god of mischief and trickery. He killed his friend Baldr and will lead the giants in starting Ragnarök (the end of the world)

The Shiny Charm is MINE!

Think you can take on the Night?

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast