Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_Master View Post
    And thank you Blackwing. It took me a while but I never give up. I didn't get the shiny Dratini in White 2 since I don't care much for free Shinys like that. I'd rather earn them.
    I took it because my luck with shinies in BW2 was terrible, I couldn't find one at all in 5th gen. So when I saw I could get a free shiny I took it But now that I got 2 shinies in 2 days on X I feel great about my luck with shinies now
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_Master View Post
    Shiny Dratini will test you. I'm just going to warn you haha. Prepare to encounter hordes of shiny Basculin before you get to that awesome Shiny.

Anyways, much luck.

And thank you Blackwing. It took me a while but I never give up. I didn't get the shiny Dratini in White 2 since I don't care much for free Shinys like that. I'd rather earn them.
    I took the Dratini because I DID earn it by beating White Tree Hollow. That wasn't the easiest feat for me.

Although I understand how the Pokeradar thing works, I just can't seem to do it. I suck terribly at using it.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

I still haven't tried the chain fishing method yet. I'm gonna give it a try later on. My Inkay has suction cup ability, and I have the good rod, and I just received the super rod yesterday. I think the only real hard part for me will be pressing A perfectly when I try to reel in the rod. I'll practice reeling in my rod before I actually perform the chaining method.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Successfully chained a shiny Sliggoo a few minutes ago. Second shiny in as many days.

It just sort of happened, as well.
    Wow, it's been a long time.

3DS: Juddy | 3609-1070-8287
    Current Gen VI shiny count: 7
    Vileplume, Clawitzer, Goodra, Politoed, Basculin, Lanturn, Linoone

just how many times exactly to do chain fishing until you encounter shiny pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by alephrun View Post
    just how many times exactly to do chain fishing until you encounter shiny pokemon?
    There's no set number, its not like chaining in the grass, wherein at 40 that's the max... From what i've seen its 100% random. I've fished up a shiny magikarp 72 reels in... but then a few hours later i reeled in a shiny qwilfish and dragalge within 9 reels.

Caught a shiny Clauncher in 7 reels!!!

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

Guys, do you think this guide is correct for X/Y? (or mostly correct?)    Spoiler:- 1:

Because I'm positive that it is possible to get next chain in a patch right next to you sometimes, in the case of those rustling-a-lot patches...

However I'm also positive that going to the edges and using radar can break your chain unexpectedly sometimes...

I'm not sure if it was fully accurate, but I find this a great guide. Pretty much sums up the tips that are discussed in the internet. Thanks for sharing!

FC is 4940-5550-1230

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Guys, do you think this guide is correct for X/Y? (or mostly correct?)
    Because I'm positive that it is possible to get next chain in a patch right next to you sometimes, in the case of those rustling-a-lot patches...

However I'm also positive that going to the edges and using radar can break your chain unexpectedly sometimes...
    I'm pretty sure rules 2-4 are false, and I think most here would agree with that. Otherwise there seems to be some good info.
    Pokedex: 719/721

Gah, 120 fishing chains and no shiny yet /wrist
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

So far I find the "Don't go to patches next to you" rule inaccurate, since I do it a lot and never got trouble (at least not more than when if I go further). Also, the edge rule is not a "rule", but a recommendation. Most often edges won't break your chain but they CAN break it so, be careful.

I can't find an explanation for another event that has been happening today (not sure why only today), sometimes I use the radar and not only I get no shaking grass but my chain is broken and the music automatically changes. What causes this?

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

I managed to catch a shiny Skiddo through chaining. I love Skiddo and Gogoat's shiny form, but I'm even happier now that I know I can actually chain successfully.
    3DS FC: 1891-2290-4958

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    I can't find an explanation for another event that has been happening today (not sure why only today), sometimes I use the radar and not only I get no shaking grass but my chain is broken and the music automatically changes. What causes this?
    Has happened to me too roughly 3 times, usually on a lone corner patch or on a boarder.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

So The fast and loud shaking grass wil ALWAYS have the same pokemon you are chaining for? Or can they still be diffrent pokemon in them? Don't know of that guide is 100% correct or not.

Before it was always the same speed of shaking as before, I don't know if they changed it to be just go for the fastest patch.

10 minutes chain fishing and ta-da Shiny clauncher.... my first shiny ever
    FC:4012-3450-2718

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    So far I find the "Don't go to patches next to you" rule inaccurate, since I do it a lot and never got trouble (at least not more than when if I go further). Also, the edge rule is not a "rule", but a recommendation. Most often edges won't break your chain but they CAN break it so, be careful.

It's funny because the patches that are closest to me have broken my chains more than anything lol. Just a difference of fortune, I guess.

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

I'm still confused. When using the pokemon radar/chain fishing do u need a chain of 40 to get an increased chance of shiny or will it still slowly increase the chance before u get to 40?

I ask because I'm horrible at the pokemon radar. I have yet to get a chain of 10. So if the 1st increase it gives u for shiny is at 40 I'm not even gonna bother.
    3DS Friend Code: 0490-4792-3979

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Mametchi View Post
    I'm still confused. When using the pokemon radar/chain fishing do u need a chain of 40 to get an increased chance of shiny or will it still slowly increase the chance before u get to 40?

I ask because I'm horrible at the pokemon radar. I have yet to get a chain of 10. So if the 1st increase it gives u for shiny is at 40 I'm not even gonna bother.
    For Pokeradar you have to get to 40 to get an increased shiny rate. For fishing the rate seemingly increases the more you catch.
    AS:

Chain fishing gave me tree shiny red Basculin in one day...
    I feel trolled. All I want is a damn Poliwhirl/Dragonair FFS :P
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/20psry0.png[/IMG]
    Name: Xeno
    FC: 4527-8129-1303
    Friend Safari:
    Dragonite made by Equal-to-Heaven
    PM me to get my list of Pokémon I can breed with 5-6 IV's
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2jdosnn.gif[/IMG]

My first time PokeRadaring since Gen 4, and I can't stop using roller skates! It's the only pad I use, so after I start a chain my thumb will automatically move the circle pad. This is going to be a long hunt...

Focus Blast: "It's a good move with a secondary effect of hitting the opponent"

just got a shiney horsea after around 200i in a fishing chain. I was beginning to wonder if the high number was bad luck or because the chain broke without me knowing. still glad to have my second shiny from x (first was a huntail from a fishing chain).
    currently looking for :

3DS FC 3437 - 3031 -8746

I'm trying to get a shiny horsey aswell, sitting at 54 in 1 chain right now. I'm probably gonna cry if I get a shiny skrelp instead
    Friend Code 2234 - 8536 - 6702
    Friend Safari is ground with Dugtrio, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Current shiny hunt: Ralts MM breeding, 100+ eggs atm

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    For Pokeradar you have to get to 40 to get an increased shiny rate. For fishing the rate seemingly increases the more you catch.
    The first statement is false. The shiny patch rate slowly increases until you get to 40 (this is how it worked in DPPt, and it still works this way). And for the fishing, you don't have to capture the Pokemon in a pokeball, but just keep reeling them in and running.
    Pokedex: 719/721

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast