Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    The first statement is false. The shiny patch rate slowly increases until you get to 40 (this is how it worked in DPPt, and it still works this way). And for the fishing, you don't have to capture the Pokemon in a pokeball, but just keep reeling them in and running.
    I meant catch as in hook the Pokemon, not capture it in a Pokeball.

Nabbed a Shiny Gulpin on a chain of 25 today. I think I'm getting the hang of X/Y pokeradar chaining.
    Friend Safari: Dragon - Noibat
    3DS Friend Code: 4871 3691 0469
    Current Shiny Hunt: Phantump (MM) - 400+ eggs hatched
    Offering Calm Chlorophyll 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Bulbasaurs, PM me with offers

I have got some nice chains of Absol but the maximum is only 20. No shinies so far :/

Is it confirmed that the chance increase progressively? So I can try to stop at 20 or 25 and try my luck :/

I'm getting used to the different shaking types but I find them easier to tell apart (and therefore to avoid decoys) on flower fields than on regular grass.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Finally got my shiny Furfrou; couldn't manage to get a second one before a Doduo broke my chain.
    Has it been confirmed that you can only get one shiny per chain for the radar though?

Can you use the Old Rod and Good Rod to chain fish? I heard you could only use the Super Rod...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Failed my chain a few times, but finally caught my shiny horsea in a chain of 58 And to answer the question of TheEliteEmpoleon it was with a good rod
    Friend Code 2234 - 8536 - 6702
    Friend Safari is ground with Dugtrio, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Current shiny hunt: Ralts MM breeding, 100+ eggs atm

Quote Originally Posted by Horn of Valmar View Post
    Failed my chain a few times, but finally caught my shiny horsea in a chain of 58 And to answer the question of TheEliteEmpoleon it was with a good rod
    Thanks, and congrats. That's the one that I'm about to go for actually!
    Pokégyms

I failed to find a shiny in a chain of 121(fishing)

yesterday I finally got my first shiny through the art of chain fishing after like 10 chains. It was poliwhirl that showed off its shiny self. It has made me cry in happiness
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Can you use the Old Rod and Good Rod to chain fish? I heard you could only use the Super Rod...
    you can use all, Today i maid a chain with all of them
    FC:4012-3450-2718

Got a shiny Magikarp after 52 bites with the Old Rod. Pretty average number of bites looking at some other people here. Still can't get the hang of pokeradar. Was doing well with an Inkay chain and then didn't see a fake rustling patch and accidentally stepped in it

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

I used the good rod and got shiny clauncher! Anyone wanna trade a shiny skrelp?

177 fishing chain and nothing, next morning, 5 chains and shiny!
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by reinofc View Post
    Has it been confirmed that you can only get one shiny per chain for the radar though?
    So far the data suggests this for those of us who have tried to get a second shiny after the first one.
    Pokedex: 718/721

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    So far the data suggests this for those of us who have tried to get a second shiny after the first one.
    That figures. I pulled a shiny Dragalge today after chaining about 60, and decided to see what else I could get. Apparently - 98 hooks later - nothing. (Finding the shiny itself breaks your chain.)

I'm a little deflated at having wasted chain potential on a fruitless tile, but I can't complain too much. I brought a level 20 Lileep up to a level 82 Cradily, and also managed to evolve Croagunk, Loudred, Rhyhorn, and Axew (who as Fraxure is just a level away from evolving again!) in the process. ^_^

So that makes Skrelp, Octillery, and Dragalge as fished-up shinies for me. Coincidentally, the Skrelp and Dragalge both have the same useful nature and the Poison Touch ability, without any Synchronizing on my part.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I'm not sure about chain fishing, but I know encountering a shiny through a shiny patch with the PokeRadar doesn't break your chain. It keeps going, but I think the 1/200 chance resets back to 1/8192 when you get a shiny patch, and you have to chain 40 more in order to get back to 1/200 again. At least, that's my theory. Perhaps I should give it a go.
    3DS FC: 1177-6536-6585, my friend safari is Grass and contains Tangela, Sawsbuck and Quilladin!

Well, I tried out Chain Fishing for the first time, and it got me a shiny Skrelp! I can't wait to try out more!
    Pokégyms

I have been living under a rock and never chained for shinies before, and I'm sorry if these questions sound silly.
    So what I've gathered from the first few pages of the thread or so is that when a shiny patch is near, the music changes?
    And what about the whole "Don't go into the patches that are shaking next to each other". Does that also mean diagonally next to each other as well?

Hi Procyon! Your questions aren't silly, don't worry. So far, we don't know why the music changes, but I'd say it's pretty safe to assume it must mean something. So far it doesn't seem to have anything to do with shinies, but like I said, we don't know yet.

Since we can move diagonally in this game, yes, I'd say so. I've had my chain broken by going in a diagonal patch that was too close. However, many others on this thread have also said they've gone into patches near them with no problems. It could be that I stepped in a patch that wasn't shaking furiously, or that I was just plain unlucky. I don't think we know for sure yet if going into a patch that isn't at least 4 steps away from you has a high chance of breaking your chain or not, though. Hopefully the exact mechanics for chaining in X and Y get figured out soon.
    3DS FC: 1177-6536-6585, my friend safari is Grass and contains Tangela, Sawsbuck and Quilladin!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Pichu Chan View Post
    Hi Procyon! Your questions aren't silly, don't worry. So far, we don't know why the music changes, but I'd say it's pretty safe to assume it must mean something. So far it doesn't seem to have anything to do with shinies, but like I said, we don't know yet.
    I'm pretty sure the music is to let the player know that their chain has not been broken
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Super Pichu Chan View Post

Since we can move diagonally in this game, yes, I'd say so. I've had my chain broken by going in a diagonal patch that was too close. However, many others on this thread have also said they've gone into patches near them with no problems. It could be that I stepped in a patch that wasn't shaking furiously, or that I was just plain unlucky. I don't think we know for sure yet if going into a patch that isn't at least 4 steps away from you has a high chance of breaking your chain or not, though. Hopefully the exact mechanics for chaining in X and Y get figured out soon.
    Thanks for clearing the diagonal thing up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I'm pretty sure the music is to let the player know that their chain has not been broken
    Huh. Interesting. I'll keep my volume up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarmas View Post
    I failed to find a shiny in a chain of 121(fishing)
    After that i find a shiny poliwhirl in a chain of 3

Switching rods does not break chain. I did 30 or so with Super then changed to Good rod and at 2nd reel I got shiny Goldeen.

Omg my first Kalos shiny. Just nabbed a shiny skrelp after a chain of 4 amggg

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Switching rods does not break chain. I did 30 or so with Super then changed to Good rod and at 2nd reel I got shiny Goldeen.
    We don't know that. We need to conduct further tests to prove that, as you could've gotten a shiny on your 2nd reel and not continuing the chain you had made before. Maybe switching does break your chain and you were just lucky. I'll test it out to see. Will need a few people to conduct the same tests multiple times (Ex: Chain fishing 40 then switching to see if they get a shiny.
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast