Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

I was at about a chain of 7-12 looking for a normal Seadra in Ambrette Town when I got a shiny bluish Relicanth. This is some extreme luck considering I just found shiny Vanillite a few hours ago.
    Shiny Pokemon: 1

People have been getting shinies from their Friend Safaris VERY easily. What are the probabilities in there compared to outside of the FS?
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

Quote Originally Posted by thepinguins View Post
    We don't know that. We need to conduct further tests to prove that, as you could've gotten a shiny on your 2nd reel and not continuing the chain you had made before. Maybe switching does break your chain and you were just lucky
    I thought that too. I didn't add that possibility cos it takes too much brain power. But if it was my 2nd cast the chance would have been just under 1/8000 right? very very lucky if that was the case.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Just got another shiny, it's a clamperl! :''D

A few days ago, I caught a shiny Clawitzer after 24 hooks, but yesterday, after 109 hooks, I didn't find anything. But some people have found shinies after as few as 3 hooks.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    A few days ago, I caught a shiny Clawitzer after 24 hooks, but yesterday, after 109 hooks, I didn't find anything. But some people have found shinies after as few as 3 hooks.
    ive also had a problem. I first chained 80 pokemon... nothing. then I chained 84 but still nothing... I then chained 100 but nothing!!! am I doing something wrong?
    3DS Friend code
    1246 8777 2044

Feraligator is comin for you

Self appointed CEO of MDK Power Pokémon Inc.

Black FC: 3783 0862 9940

By the way I really like seeing your creativity, if you let me see your unique and creative PR video I will give you a Nice! and a random O-power

i found something with radar chaining if you keep going to same grass that you ran into it 1st time youll never brake chain i did eevee got chain 11 before i hit blank grass patch that i didnt see be hide me -_-

and to add the fishing chaining its best i cough gyarados clawitzer and relicanth gyarados took while like 40 or 50 and other two were only 2 chains apart like mind 20s

PS the rules that were in dpp dont really apply havnt gone near close grass patch but most ones i have chain been with in 5 8 steps away borders are safe do as well
    Last edited by shinyfalcon; 27th October 2013 at 4:35 PM.

i just caught a shiny Clawitzer with Brave nature
    Is this a good nature (+Attack - Speed)
    Pokemon X

Shinies: Clawitzer(x3) (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by shinyfalcon View Post
    i found something with radar chaining if you keep going to same grass that you ran into it 1st time youll never brake chain i did eevee got chain 11 before i hit blank grass patch that i didnt see be hide me -_-

and to add the fishing chaining its best i cough gyarados clawitzer and relicanth gyarados took while like 40 or 50 and other two were only 2 chains apart like mind 20s

PS the rules that were in dpp dont really apply havnt gone near close grass patch but most ones i have chain been with in 5 8 steps away borders are safe do as well
    I'm sure english isn't your mother tongue, but I can't make any sense of this ^^U sorry
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Zarmas View Post
    i just caught a shiny Clawitzer with Brave nature
    Is this a good nature (+Attack - Speed)
    Not really, speed reducing nature is rather undesirable, not to mention that Clawitzer's attack stat is very mediocre. The best would be Modest (+SPAtk -Atk)

FC: 5284 2722 8575
    P o k e m o n X

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Just got myself a shiny Horsea! She's Jolly, so not a great nature, but she's awesome anyway! Now onto Relicanth!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I have 2 questions about Chain Fishing.
    When fishing chaining, can I run away, or will it break my streak? Also, if I run into a different pokemon, will that break the chain?

I found Shiny Cloyster! *__*

Still chaining for a Corphish, taking a long while Hope I find a shiny soon. If it is Goldeen I am going to be SOOO Mad. Also does Chain Fishing work on 5th gen games?
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by lsddream View Post
    I have 2 questions about Chain Fishing.
    When fishing chaining, can I run away, or will it break my streak? Also, if I run into a different pokemon, will that break the chain?
    You can run away ^^ And no, it doesn't matter what pokemon pop up, as long as you don't mess up the fishing itself or move, then you're alright =D
    4871-3883-3277 My Safari is type with: Pansear, Braxien and Larvesta!
    I'm almost out of space for new Safari friends and I'm still looking for Safari's with:
    -- Bug: Masquerain---
    PM me your FC if you add me ^^ (I'm only taking people with the Safari's listed above) And remember to connect in your pokemon game so that your friends can register your third safari slot! =D

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    Still chaining for a Corphish, taking a long while Hope I find a shiny soon. If it is Goldeen I am going to be SOOO Mad. Also does Chain Fishing work on 5th gen games?
    No, it's new to XY.

I was chaining earlier for a shiny Ralts, still doing it now, currently on my 5th chain, on 35 at the minute. Although, the funny thing is, my last chain was broken by a randomly encountered shiny Bunnelby. Although, is it possible to chain in the really tall grass, outside Parfum Palace? Shiny Honedge looks great and I really want to try chaining it.

How do you Chain fish?
    FC: 5129-0355-4526 Name: Blu

Pm your FC.

Type: Flying (Has Hoothoot, Spearow, and Hawlucha.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluotter View Post
    How do you Chain fish?
    http://www.serebii.net/xy/fishchain.shtml

Chain Fishing (during 3 days) and got:
    - Skrelp
    - Horsea
    - Relicanth
    - Qwilfish
    - Skrelp >> Dragalge

I'm really glad about them and they all took me around 40 chains to get which is great.

Wow I have lousy luck. Not only have I not got any shinies in Y but in my entire career of pokemon playing I only got two shinies. Interesting enough they were both water pokemon. I guess I will try again later today.

Probably the most easiest chain fishing & shiny to do is Luvdisc in somewhere like below Ambrette Town. Since if u use the Old Rod all u can catch is Luvdisc. I just used my Octillery with Suction Cups. Gave it Energy Ball & Charge Beam to take them out & keep track of the chain. Just watch out for Luvdisc's take down.

This would probably be good for practicing Chain Fishing. Only things that could break the chain are your reflexes.
    3DS Friend Code: 0490-4792-3979

Ugh the poke radar is completely worthless. I think I'm going to swear off of it until we know more about how it's changed. Lost a 32 chain of Swirlix in a completely safe patch for no ****ing reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkfish View Post
    Ugh the poke radar is completely worthless. I think I'm going to swear off of it until we know more about how it's changed. Lost a 32 chain of Swirlix in a completely safe patch for no ****ing reason.
    Yeah it pisses me off, I was at a chain of like 25 for Swirlix and then dumb Volbeat |: (
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Finally caught the horsea I've been after for 3 days, glad that one is over

Shinies caught through chain fishing:
    Magikarp, four (yes, four) skrelps, shellder, and horsea
    Last edited by KzBreakdown; 27th October 2013 at 9:35 PM.
    IGN: Seldser
    3ds friend code: 2320-6230-5847
    Friend Safari: Bug
    Ledyba, Beautifly, Heracross

Shinies: (Dragalge) (Clawitzer) (Malamar) (Avalugg) (Florges) (Spritzee)x2
    Dex Comlpetion: 718/718 - Shiny Charm obtained!

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast