Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    You can try paying attention to the sounds. A violent patch sounds louder than a normal one and it also looks like the grass grows a bit and shakes on top of the surrounding patches. The normal one shakes but stays mostly in place.
    On this topic, probably a silly question but is there any way to differentiate between a rare patch with the Pokemon you're chaining and a rare patch with a different Pokemon? That's exactly what was messing me up when I was trying to chain Scatterbug - I'd see a patch that shook a lot more than the others and looked exactly like the ones I was aiming for, I'd walk into it, and then I'd get a Weedle. I'm assuming that's because Weedle are just as rare as Scatterbug, but...in that case, I don't know how the heck I'm supposed to chain one Pokemon without getting interrupted all the time. xD

Also, following up from my previous post, I have been trying chain fishing without any success. That's understandable, since my longest chain is probably about 10, although I haven't checked with the guy at the house on Route 16 yet. Usually I end up breaking the chain by reeling in too slow, which is kind of dubious to me because several times I was sure that I pressed A quickly enough...but apparently I didn't. xD
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

I wonder what are the easiest places to chain using the Radar? I wanna get started but I dont know where.

Quote Originally Posted by Regiultima View Post
    I am one who has never chained for shinies before (not even in Gen IV). I was wondering if any seasoned pros could answer some questions:

1. Which routes do you recommend chaining on (rarer pokémon, cooler pokemon, less variety, more variety, etc.)?
    2. What do you do to prepare for a shiny chaining expedition?
    3. What are other tips you have for a newbie?
    1. Routes with less pokemon are better for chaining, having more grass is also better but it depends on what you're after. Don't be afraid trying everywhere. If the place is not ideal you might try Friend Safari, if the pokemon is there or Masuda Method.
    2. Stock on repels! I recomend getting the silver ones. If you can, buy 999. Prepare your team with pokemon that can OHKO, have false swipe (up to you) and have status inflicting moves (sleep, preferencially).
    3. Use your pokemon move's PP in order to keep track of your chain. Don't be afraid to reset your radar if you don't like the patches you got, you'll be doing that a lot. Be patient.

Also, in order not to waste your repels try saving before you start chaining and use a repel after you found the pokemon you want to chain. If the chain breaks, just soft reset.

Edit: Oh, save after you get a shiny. Even if the chain breaks afterwards, you can soft reset and don't lose the one you caught.
    Last edited by alakazam^; 12th November 2013 at 11:18 AM.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Hey there, I've kinda scanned through a lot of these posts to see if the answer to the question I have was answered, but ~700 is a lot to go through, so sorry in advance if someone already mentioned this.

Anyways, I have been messing around with chaining in this game for awhile, looking at what people know about it and what mechanics there are, but I've never found anything about Catching the Pokemon that breaks your chain. If you're chaining with the radar, and another Pokemon breaks your chain, and you catch said Pokemon, the bushes shake again. I only know this because my girlfriend has been trying to chain Swirlix and had it broken by a white Flebebe, and she catches those so she can trade them on the GTS. After she caught it though the chain continued, only with Flebebe.

I have no clue if the chain completely resets, back to one with the new Pokemon though, or if it continues from X with that Pokemon, and I don't have a lot of time to test it myself, on top of the fact that I'm still not that good at chaining. So if anyone has answers or can test this for me I'd appreciate it a lot!

Shiny Eevee!
    I finally got it with the pokeradar on Route 10, in the grass with the stones everywhere. I have tried for days, but with no luck. But today, on my fourth chain, that upbeat music started playing. After reading about that the music increase the chance of a Shiny. I reset the radar once, then I heard the shiny-pling sound. And of course it was hiding behind a rock. But I got the right one, thank Arceus! I think I just really had luck now, though. Since I have heard that upbeat music plenty of times before, but the shiny patch never came, even if I reset alot.

But after 500+ eggs, 100+ RE's and probably 50 attempts on chaining on Route 10, I got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoosen View Post
    Hey there, I've kinda scanned through a lot of these posts to see if the answer to the question I have was answered, but ~700 is a lot to go through, so sorry in advance if someone already mentioned this.

Anyways, I have been messing around with chaining in this game for awhile, looking at what people know about it and what mechanics there are, but I've never found anything about Catching the Pokemon that breaks your chain. If you're chaining with the radar, and another Pokemon breaks your chain, and you catch said Pokemon, the bushes shake again. I only know this because my girlfriend has been trying to chain Swirlix and had it broken by a white Flebebe, and she catches those so she can trade them on the GTS. After she caught it though the chain continued, only with Flebebe.

I have no clue if the chain completely resets, back to one with the new Pokemon though, or if it continues from X with that Pokemon, and I don't have a lot of time to test it myself, on top of the fact that I'm still not that good at chaining. So if anyone has answers or can test this for me I'd appreciate it a lot!
    Hmm, this is interesting. It's worth the while to investigate.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

Ok, I tried catching the pokemon and my chain didn't continue. I guess I might've changed grass type to force the chain to break, don't know if that changes anything.

Kalos Shinies:

What is the place with a high chance for a pokemon?
    Like 60% chance for a fletchling.
    Where would you guys recommend it?

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    What is the place with a high chance for a pokemon?
    Like 60% chance for a fletchling.
    Where would you guys recommend it?
    You can always chain with the old rod or good rod

Lol I tried the Chain Fishing Out. I broke the chain a few time, then I tried again. And after a chain of 6 I found a shiny Poliwhirl!!
    I guess it's beginners luck. xD
    Credit goes to kyogreblue3 for the banner and Fairywitch for the userbar.

Been trying all day today and yesterday to grab up a shiny miltank with the radar, my highest chain was 20 and then it was broken by a stinken chatot. My average chain is about 3 with a few lucky 7's to 10's here and there. Any tips other then what the guides say?

Credits to Snowflake for the userbar

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    On this topic, probably a silly question but is there any way to differentiate between a rare patch with the Pokemon you're chaining and a rare patch with a different Pokemon? That's exactly what was messing me up when I was trying to chain Scatterbug - I'd see a patch that shook a lot more than the others and looked exactly like the ones I was aiming for, I'd walk into it, and then I'd get a Weedle. I'm assuming that's because Weedle are just as rare as Scatterbug, but...in that case, I don't know how the heck I'm supposed to chain one Pokemon without getting interrupted all the time. xD

Also, following up from my previous post, I have been trying chain fishing without any success. That's understandable, since my longest chain is probably about 10, although I haven't checked with the guy at the house on Route 16 yet. Usually I end up breaking the chain by reeling in too slow, which is kind of dubious to me because several times I was sure that I pressed A quickly enough...but apparently I didn't. xD
    That happens to me too... I kind of have noticed that the shinies show on rather tricky pulls, like super fast or real late bites, so you might be loosing on the shiny bite. 2 of my 4 hits were chains under 10.
    Friend Code: 3909-7680-7010
    My Type: Flying(Farfetch'd, Woobat, and Rufflet)

Spoiler:- My Breeding Projects/Breeder Trades:

So far I have been trying to chain for Haunter( to get white mega gengar) in the swamp directly north and I notice that I haven't got the upbeat music since I was in the flower patches in another place and I am in regular grass w/o flowers. And I saw videos that are in flower patches.

Maybe upbeat music is potential only ones with flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    So far I have been trying to chain for Haunter( to get white mega gengar) in the swamp directly north and I notice that I haven't got the upbeat music since I was in the flower patches in another place and I am in regular grass w/o flowers. And I saw videos that are in flower patches.

Maybe upbeat music is potential only ones with flowers.
    Nope. I've gotten the frantic music in the exact place you're chaining, and in several other grass patches as well, like Azure Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by CamelPK View Post
    You can always chain with the old rod or good rod
    Sorry. I meant the pokeradar.
    Which pokemon has a high rate so your chaon will not break so easily?

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    I always seem to have the same problem. I can get 10-15 chains but then I walk into a shaking patch and get a different 'Mon to the one I'm chaining. Feels like Shiny catching is more luck but so many people regularly chain for them that there must be something we're missing.
    3DS FC: 4554 - 0175 - 9052
    Dark Type Safari: Nuzleaf, Sneasel and Inkay
    PM me if you add me

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Nope. I've gotten the frantic music in the exact place you're chaining, and in several other grass patches as well, like Azure Bay.
    Yeah, you're right they're not exclusive to just flowers. I wonder what are the steps on getting the upbeat music.

So I just caught a shiny Swirlix through poke radar chaining. I am getting to a chain of 40 every single time now and if you guys want I'll post how to do this 100% of the time.

My question that I am still unsure about is can I keep resetting to get a second shiny at my 40 chain? I have literally just caught shiny Swirlix and my chain is still alive. Should I be resetting for more? I'm going to anyways but do we have confirmation yet that more than one shiny can be found in a single chain of 40?

If I encounter another shiny before my super repels run out I'll update this post.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

I just chained this beast:

Docile Nature
    Sap Sipper
    30/31/31/16-17/31/14-15

So happy. :3 At a chain of 40.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

so when you guys are talking about resetting, that is just resetting the radar right? you aren't able to save the game, turn off the ds, and come back later, right? or get a few in a chain, save, and if you mess up, reset and pick back up? it needs to be continuous, but you can reset the radar. i have been trying to read up on this since i haven't been having the best of luck, and each time i read more i learn something new. wish there was 1 post with all the needed info in like cliff notes form.
    3DS Friend Code: Doobius - 1607-2505-9784
    Safari: Electric - Pikachu - Dedenne - Luxio

Your signature contained too many images. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    So I just caught a shiny Swirlix through poke radar chaining. I am getting to a chain of 40 every single time now and if you guys want I'll post how to do this 100% of the time.

My question that I am still unsure about is can I keep resetting to get a second shiny at my 40 chain? I have literally just caught shiny Swirlix and my chain is still alive. Should I be resetting for more? I'm going to anyways but do we have confirmation yet that more than one shiny can be found in a single chain of 40?

If I encounter another shiny before my super repels run out I'll update this post.
    It's pretty much been confirmed that you can only get one shiny patch per chain of 40. I know this from personal experience. It's sad to see this mechanic change but given that it's much easier to chain than in 4th gen, it's understandable.

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDeity View Post
    It's pretty much been confirmed that you can only get one shiny patch per chain of 40. I know this from personal experience. It's sad to see this mechanic change but given that it's much easier to chain than in 4th gen, it's understandable.
    I can confirm that this is correct. I chained my way to 40 and this time I had lots of extra super repels, at least 60 left over. I kept resetting until I ran out and did not encounter another shiny patch. That to me confirms that there is only one shiny per 40 chain which I am okay with. It makes that one shiny all the more special

To everyone else, would any of you like me to type up a clear guide on how to chain with 100% success?

Shiny Swirlix

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/bf1020.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/4jro1l.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Emily101; 13th November 2013 at 4:10 PM.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

so there is a lot of posts with a few rules here, and a few there.. Is there anyone who are able to pull some threads and write all rules here?
    Almost done with my pokedex. Only missing two moon stone-evolutions, Clefable and Musharna.

I am also looking for someone to tradeback a Dialga and Palkia, Thornadus/Thundurus & Landorus

Please let me know if you can help me.

Friendsafari: Slugma, Pansear, Braxien
    FC: 0834-1823-9377
    Feel free to add my FC and leave yours

I can confirm that this is correct. I chained my way to 40 and this time I had lots of extra super repels, at least 60 left over. I kept resetting until I ran out and did not encounter another shiny patch. That to me confirms that there is only one shiny per 40 chain which I am okay with. It makes that one shiny all the more special

To everyone else, would any of you like me to type up a clear guide on how to chain with 100% success?

Shiny Swirlix

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/bf1020.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/4jro1l.jpg[/IMG]
    Yes please! So far I've gotten a shiny froakie through masuda and a shiny poliwhirl with fishing. When it comes to poke radar i just don't do well. Please explain your secret!

As someone who keeps getting to the mid-30s and having random pokemon show up ad break the chains... yes please!! ;_;
    I've spent three hours chaining today and never gotten past 34 ;_;
    4871-3883-3277 My Safari is type with: Pansear, Braxien and Larvesta!
    I'm almost out of space for new Safari friends and I'm still looking for Safari's with:
    -- Bug: Masquerain---
    PM me your FC if you add me ^^ (I'm only taking people with the Safari's listed above) And remember to connect in your pokemon game so that your friends can register your third safari slot! =D

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast