Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteyFox View Post
    Is there ANY way to see how big was the last chain?
    Count how many patches you went through?

I dunno, the because the Pokétch didn't return we don't have the Radar Chain App anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Count how many patches you went through?

I dunno, the because the Pokétch didn't return we don't have the Radar Chain App anymore.
    I lost count after 15. :/ There should be stuff added on that bottom screen, especially now that the game can get patches and all.

I lost count after 15. :/ There should be stuff added on that bottom screen, especially now that the game can get patches and all.
    Well, then you could just jot it down on a notepad or something <_<

Eh, I don't think they'll add that in, althoughg it is a possibility.

Is there ANY way to see how big was the last chain?
    Check the PC in Sycamore's laboratory, next to the scientist who gave you the Radar If you mean during the chain itself, you can use the PP of your moves to keep track, or a calculator, pen & paper etc..
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but when chaining in X and Y, do four patches need to be shaking?

Let's say that only 2 or 3 are shaking, can you just pick the one that matches the type you started in? Or will it break? I've been resetting every time there are less or more than four patches shaking, and it's kinda time consuming.

Edit: Because as far as I knew, there needed to be four when chaining in D/P/Pt
    Last edited by ThatKoolKidOverThere; 24th October 2013 at 4:25 PM.
    Friend Safari: Dragon - Noibat
    3DS Friend Code: 4871 3691 0469
    Current Shiny Hunt: Phantump (MM) - 400+ eggs hatched
    Offering Calm Chlorophyll 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Bulbasaurs, PM me with offers

Quote Originally Posted by ThatKoolKidOverThere View Post
    I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but when chaining in X and Y, do four patches need to be shaking?

Let's say that only 2 or 3 are shaking, can you just pick the one that matches the type you started in? Or will it break? I've been resetting every time there are less or more than four patches shaking, and it's kinda time consuming.

Edit: Because as far as I knew, there needed to be four when chaining in D/P/Pt
    While I'm not sure how harmful, I do know the chance of breaking your chain when entering a patch when less than 4 are shaking is much lower in X/Y. Also, entering the 4-zone patch is no longer necessary. I'd suggest chaining to ~20 at a fast pace, going into any patch that matches the one you started with. Edges seem to be safe too, I've entered about 30 of them and I've yet to see a chain break because of that. When at a chain of 20+ you should be a little more careful, but again, it really doesn't matter wheter it's in the 4-zone or not, though it's best to aim for that whenever possible.

Much like D/P/Pt, chains can break for no reason and there's no way to guarantee your chain will continue, that and the fact it no longer matters what zone your patch is in makes it easier to just run into any patch that matches the one you need and have a few chain breaks every now and then rather than spending an hour to get to 30+ only to see it break for whatever reason.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

As for checking your chain record, are we certain that the PC in Sycamore's laboratory is the place? I checked and it said my chain record was 18, which I know to be false since I chained a shiny Croagunk at 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerealm View Post
    While I'm not sure how harmful, I do know the chance of breaking your chain when entering a patch when less than 4 are shaking is much lower in X/Y. Also, entering the 4-zone patch is no longer necessary. I'd suggest chaining to ~20 at a fast pace, going into any patch that matches the one you started with. Edges seem to be safe too, I've entered about 30 of them and I've yet to see a chain break because of that. When at a chain of 20+ you should be a little more careful, but again, it really doesn't matter wheter it's in the 4-zone or not, though it's best to aim for that whenever possible.
    Hmm, yeah I read somewhere earlier about not having to be in the 4-zone for it to continue, which is great news. Thanks for the info
    Friend Safari: Dragon - Noibat
    3DS Friend Code: 4871 3691 0469
    Current Shiny Hunt: Phantump (MM) - 400+ eggs hatched
    Offering Calm Chlorophyll 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Bulbasaurs, PM me with offers

any recommendations to where to use the poke-radar?
    3DS Friend code: 1392-4485-7424
    Friend Safari: Grass type- Oddish, Ivysaur, Quiladin

Quote Originally Posted by lokowoko View Post
    any recommendations to where to use the poke-radar?
    Route 5 and Azure Bay are good locations to improve your chaining abilites because they have large fields, especially the latter.

People that have great experience with chaining can do it just about anywhere. This one guy on Youtube, CRONALDOEE2, is pretty much a legend at it.

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

I never tried this on Pearl (didn't have the patience to chain) so I am not sure if this works but...

After you get to a chain of 40 and get a shiny, couldn't you in theory get unlimited shinies after that (of the same species off course)? Possibly trade them for other shinies?
    Last edited by dmarchu; 24th October 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmarchu View Post
    I never tried this on Pearl (didn't have the patience to chain) so I am not sure if this works but...

After you get to a chain of 40 and get a shiny, couldn't you in theory get unlimited shinies after that (of the same species off course)? Possibly trade them for other shinies?
    Sadly, I believe you can only get one shiny patch this gen. After finding my first patch, I resetted for an entire hour without finding another one ;-;

However, it is easier in these games so that's probably why

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

Given that the new fishing chaining has been found recently and how incredibly easy it is to get shiny water pokemon now (I have 3 myself) I don't really believe that gamefreak would make the poke radar arbitrarily harder for no reason. It is really annoying though since:

-The rules have obviously changed
    -We don't know the extent of the changes
    -There are almost no grass patches big enough to chain comfortably in
    -There is a distinct music change where the tempo increases
    -Nobody knows why it happens or what it changes

The only time I managed to get a chain of 40 was the big grass patch south of the cave at the very west end of route 6. I managed to grab a shiny Croagunk while following the Gen 4 radar "rules." I stopped at 40 and got the shiny about 30 minutes later after constantly resetting the radar. I then used up maybe 70 max repels and didn't run into another shiny patch. All I want is a damn shiny Swirlix. Is that so much to ask!

Evolving a pokemon during chaining does not break the chain. I also just lost a chain by going into a corner, not the boarder grass but corner corner.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Apparently, getting a high chain also causes the Pokemon that appear to be guaranteed to have flawless IVs.

The most you can get is three flawless IVs after a chain of 60.

Finally managed to do a long consecutive fishing chain today. Got 99 in a row.
    Found a shiny horsea at about 30ish, but really wanted a shiny skrelp...

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDeity View Post
    Sadly, I believe you can only get one shiny patch this gen. After finding my first patch, I resetted for an entire hour without finding another one ;-;

However, it is easier in these games so that's probably why
    Is this really confirmed? Has anyone made the same experience?
    If so, chaining is kind of losing its sense for me, after all, even with a synchro Pokémon the chance to get at least the correct nature (won't even talk about IVs) is at 50 %, if there's only one shiny patch per chain...
    FC: 0103 - 9000 - 2235
    IGN: Eldéen
    Contact me before adding me!

All human knowledge begins with intuitions, proceeds from thence to concepts, and ends with ideas.
    - Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason

Chain-fished a shiny Relicanth earlier today at around 20-something in Cyllage City.

Maybe I'll try Azure Bay tomorrow at the debate tournament.

I fish chained a Gyarados, Poliwhirl, Skrelp and Relicanth recently.

I hate my luck... Chain fished up to 95 and... well, nothing. Any tips for Chain fishing poliwhirls/ In general?
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

With fishing whats the strat. Can you flee or do you need to defeat?
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    With fishing whats the strat. Can you flee or do you need to defeat?
    You need to defeat it. You know there's a page on Serebii that explains the basics, right?
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

Okies. I just remember reading someone saying that you can flee.

Edit: The Serebi page does not mention defeating/flee'ing to break streak.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 25th October 2013 at 12:22 PM.

^ Actually, you can run away from the fished Pokémon - that's what I've done and it has still worked.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    ^ Actually, you can run away from the fished Pokémon - that's what I've done and it has still worked.
    Oh wow, didn't know about that. Thought you had to Capture/KO the pokemon.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast