Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1390

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Just a note on chain fishing that I feel I should share... I've heard from a few sources that catching the pokemon will break your chain, but just recently I was catching Luvdiscs for heart scales and by the tenth one I happened accross a shiny. Between several catches I also checked the menus and moved items, so I'm pretty sure that none of that affects the chain either.
    Heyahowsitgoin
    Addmewhydontcha
    3DS (IGN: Luna): 3625-9695-2604

I didn't know it was 50 steps to reset the radar, I just assumed it had to be 100. That will save me some repels! Pokéradar doesn't agree with me yet but chain fishing does so that's entertaining me for now.

With regards to the patches of grass that appear when using the radar, I was under the impression they had to be of the same kind of shake as the initial one from what it says on the page on Serebii. I didn't realise each patch was different and that "violent shaking"was always better, that will help a lot.

Edit:
    I was trying to get to grips with the Pokéradar last night before I went to bed. Usually it's not a good idea for me to do anything when I'm tired but I got the best chain so far, 7! Not quite sure when I'll hit the magic 40 but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.
    Last edited by Kokuei; 11th February 2014 at 7:41 AM.
    Pokédex complete!
    Pokémon Y FC: 4742-5579-6556, Safari: Flying - Farfetch'd, Tranquill and Fletchinder
        Spoiler:- Offers:

Spoiler:- Shinies I Can Trade:

It's funny...I decide to chain just to make leftovers farming with Pickup more interesting. On the 3rd chain, the upbeat music plays and a shiny patch appears....allowing me to score a Shiny Pancham.

No luck on gaining any extra leftovers though, lol

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

I chained 3 shinies yesterday. Inkay, pancham and skiddo. No shiny patches for me during the upbeat music though

I haven't seen any in-depth poke-radar chaining guides posted, so here's the best one I've found. Props to reddit user cpctheman

Spoiler:- Chaining Guide:
    Last edited by codypc; 14th February 2014 at 7:41 PM.
    Looking for (prefer UT):
    Event pokemon. Shiny growlithe/arcanine, shiny mew (cloned OK), shiny scyther/scizor

shinies:
    x2x2x2x2,skiddo,clauncher,furfrou

Have all non-event legendaries.

Thanks a lot for posting this guide, I think it will help me a lot. My longest chain so far was only 29.
    3DS Friend Code: 5413-0340-7999
    My Safari: Water with Krabby, Floatzel and Azumarill
    Safaris I want: Steel, Electric, Dark, Ice
    PM me if you add me, so I can add you back.
    I still need many dex entries in X/Y, especially Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Lugia, the Regis + Regigigas, Zekrom, Palkia, Dialga, Latias and Latios. I can offer entries for Kyurem, Reshiram, Zapdos, Arcituno, Giratina, Xerneas and Yveltal. I'll trade them back instantly afterwards. Thanks in advance.

I chained and got to 20, I do better at fishing manage to catch a shiny relacanth and a shiny clauncher

I've been as unlucky chain fishing for shinies as I have using the radar or breeding via the Masuda method. Some people seem to constantly run into shinies, but I'm not one of those people. I have the shiny charm, but so far it hasn't done a lick of good.

Miserably tried chaining a Swirlix with pokeradar, so decided to go and start MMing one ._./
    POKEMEN X FRIEND CODE 0576-5538-2566
    TEAM:

FINALLY! After weeks of weeks of chaining I finally got my first chained shiny at chain of 17! W/ highest chain at 36 & 37 for Scatterbug respectively, obviously I dont think I'll ever get to 40 even I think I always do it right.

Anyways, I didnt get shiny Scatterbug I always wanted (which is good since I finally got shiny Vivillon my Jungle pattern thru Safari, and the shiny form is MEH).
    I got a Shiny blue Flabebe instead, and was quite lucky since I wasnt really serious when I chained it w/ a rather small area & I often risked taking the edged patches and so on...
    But to my surprise, the ting-a-ling shiny patch suddenly popped up, and I quite liked it since its more noticeable this time...

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Auro...tml?sort=3&o=0

SUCCESS!
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Tried and failed miserably at chaining Furfrou. I try to do everything correctly, but the highest chain I've gotten so far this gen is 11. I think that the flower patches are a nice aesthetic in this game, but I can't tell the difference in shaking in flowers to save my life. I wasn't incredible at chaining in gen IV, but I was at least halfway decent!

Guess I have to stick to fishing and breeding for my shines for now.
    Friend Code: 1375-7752-1596
    I have a Grass type safari with Oddish, Sawsbuck, and Quilladin. I need most things, though I'm mostly set on Ghost and Ice types.
    I have lots of space left for friends, so let me know if you add me so I can add you back!

Quick n00b question here...you can chain fish with the Old Rod, right? I've chained waaaay more than 40 Magikarp now and still haven't gotten a shiny. I just did it in the same spot with goldeen and corphish with the Good Rod. I just need a little moral support here!

Also I just read about having to fish in a corner. My first four fishing chains ended in shiny's and were just on the edge of the pond on route 3. Is there any truth to this corner thing or is it just like holding down and B to turn a pokeball into masterball??
    Last edited by willis7928; 9th March 2014 at 3:21 AM.
    FC:2363-6962-9516 In game name: Willis

Safari: Tangela, Quilladin, Swadloon

Seeking - Any IV bred non-English Pokémon, X exclusive Megastones, UT Events, and SHINIES
    Offering - 5 and 6 IV and w/HA, Megastones, Battle items, Shiny Clauncher, High Plains Vivillon

Pokedex Completion 718/718!
    Latest Shiny MM'd 598 eggs

Kinda iffy on chaining though chain fishing...since apparently the value of fish shinies has decreased by a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by willis7928 View Post
    Quick n00b question here...you can chain fish with the Old Rod, right? I've chained waaaay more than 40 Magikarp now and still haven't gotten a shiny. I just did it in the same spot with goldeen and corphish with the Good Rod. I just need a little moral support here!

Also I just read about having to fish in a corner. My first four fishing chains ended in shiny's and were just on the edge of the pond on route 3. Is there any truth to this corner thing or is it just like holding down and B to turn a pokeball into masterball??
    You can chain fish with any rod and fishing in a spot surrounded by things gives you more chance to get a bite, but it's not necessary.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Quote Originally Posted by willis7928 View Post

It took me 92 Magikarp to get a shiny yesterday. Took around 60 for my Luvdisc this morning as well.
    Last edited by Zend; 9th March 2014 at 4:34 PM.
    First shiny caught on X!

3DS Friend Code: 3265-6218-9453

Quote Originally Posted by Zend View Post
    It took me 92 Magikarp to get a shiny yesterday. Took around 60 for my Luvdisc this morning as well.
    Yeah, I finally got it at a chain of 119, thanks! All the rest of mine have been under 40, got a luvdisc at 34 today.

Aaaaand I had to come back to edit this since I just got a Relicanth on a chain of FOUR. Just four. Yay for me!
    Last edited by willis7928; 10th March 2014 at 7:32 PM.
    FC:2363-6962-9516 In game name: Willis

Safari: Tangela, Quilladin, Swadloon

Seeking - Any IV bred non-English Pokémon, X exclusive Megastones, UT Events, and SHINIES
    Offering - 5 and 6 IV and w/HA, Megastones, Battle items, Shiny Clauncher, High Plains Vivillon

Pokedex Completion 718/718!
    Latest Shiny MM'd 598 eggs

Well, I suddenly become the expert of chaining w/ Pokeradar now.

Its NOT an easy process if you read my previous posts. And dont dare to say chained shinies in Gen 6 are worthless, I don't read many ppl succesful in chaining w/ pokeradar. Especially you can get only 1 shiny from 40 chain now. So yeah, they're precious...

Spoiler:- Pictures of all my chained shinies:

All there except shiny Plusle (I traded it). And easy chain w/ Static ability pokemon.
    Its the only shiny that appeared when the upbeat music played. The rest, except the blue Flabebe are gotten after 40 miserable chain.
    I broke 40 chain of Swirlix and Fletchling one time.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Well, I suddenly become the expert of chaining w/ Pokeradar now.

Its NOT an easy process if you read my previous posts. And dont dare to say chained shinies in Gen 6 are worthless, I don't read many ppl succesful in chaining w/ pokeradar. Especially you can get only 1 shiny from 40 chain now. So yeah, they're precious...
    I've only managed to get a shiny Skrelp from chain fishing. Then I traded it and gave up XD

Caught these Shinies by Chain Fishing: Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Seadra, Octillery (two).

Trying to catch a Shiny Gyarados but I keep breaking the chains.

Well, might as well join the discussion. Alright, so I never chained in DP, but I thought I'd give it a shot since I got my first three shinies in Gen 4 & 5 (a Flaffy, Watchog, and... Patrat. Go figure, right?). Now, I will argue that the distance the grass is from the trainer doesn't matter. I've done a chain of 12 (my biggest chain, BTW) and gone to the square directly next to me multiple times in this chain (Caterpie - BTW). I've been learning as I go, but I agree with a lot of the comments (NOT SPAM!) - there are more than two types of shaking grass, and it definitely pays to have the music turned up (this is from personal experience). I should say, however... that I have gotten no shinies from chaining yet (cue sad music).

But I've been trying for a shiny Smeargle on Route 7 lately and I have a question - does the flowers' color matter? I think it does and I've been keeping to one color just to be safe, but I'm curious. Also, not gotten the strange souvenir yet but... it is odd that its an item that can be equipped rather than a key item... isn't it? I think it should be looked into. Anyways, I also thank the many posters on here for the tips I've received by reading and hope someone can give me an answer on the Route 7 thing.

Oh, one last thing - I can't chain fish. Seriously, I tried for a half-hour and never got more than 2. Is there a trick to it? Should I have a Cradily (ability: suction cups) in the lead of my party? Are there other tricks to chain fishing? Is there any way to chain for a shiny member of the Honedge family? Any help I could receive would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I'm sorry if you are offended by the following, but it is my belief;

God created all animals, (including dinosaurs), they were on the Ark, they then went extinct, (No one knows exactly how), over the course of time.

I am a proud Restoration Christian. If you'd like to know more about us, look up the Cane Ridge Revival.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

My Shinies: (HG-in-game-event), (W2-in-game-event), (First RE Shiny!), Watchog (Second RE!), Patrat (Third RE...seriously?), (Events).

X&Y Battle Video Code (sun team defeats all-legendary team!)
    *5PLG-WWWW-WWW6-8LS5*

My first chain fishing fiasco took me 249 catches to get a Poliwhirl. I have caught others with less than twenty. I've only accomplished one Poke Radar shiny, Skiddo.

kingmn2 - The only advice I would give on chain fishing is to try and fish in a corner of the water, such as directly next to a waterfall. I have had chains break for no reason when I don't use a corner, but I've only broke chains by my own error when fishing into a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmn2 View Post
    Oh, one last thing - I can't chain fish. Seriously, I tried for a half-hour and never got more than 2. Is there a trick to it? Should I have a Cradily (ability: suction cups) in the lead of my party? Are there other tricks to chain fishing? Is there any way to chain for a shiny member of the Honedge family? Any help I could receive would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Suction Cups lead would really help. And like what Audiomeleska said, go fish in a corner. Or in an area surrounded by rocks.

And unfortunately there's no way to chain Honedge. Your only way to get a shiny one is via RE or MM.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Suction Cups would really help. And like what Audiomeleska said, go fish in a corner. Or in an area surrounded by rocks.

And unfortunately there's no way to chain Honedge. Your only way to get a shiny one is via RE or MM.
    Does magnet pull help with increasing the chances of finding a Honedge?
    LLR

P.S.
    Blue Shellos available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a lot of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    Does magnet pull help with increasing the chances of finding a Honedge?
    Yes it does.

If the Pokémon is in the lead spot, chance of encountering a Steel-type wild Pokémon increases to 150%.

Thanks for all the advice! Still no shinies yet, but I've gotten better (Max radar chain: 20). Gonna try some fishing later.
    I'm sorry if you are offended by the following, but it is my belief;

God created all animals, (including dinosaurs), they were on the Ark, they then went extinct, (No one knows exactly how), over the course of time.

I am a proud Restoration Christian. If you'd like to know more about us, look up the Cane Ridge Revival.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

My Shinies: (HG-in-game-event), (W2-in-game-event), (First RE Shiny!), Watchog (Second RE!), Patrat (Third RE...seriously?), (Events).

X&Y Battle Video Code (sun team defeats all-legendary team!)
    *5PLG-WWWW-WWW6-8LS5*

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast