Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1398

Thread: PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Got Octillery,Clawitzer and Poliwhirl by fishing .

Off to get some more.
    X Dex: 719/719.
    OR Dex: Starts Jan 2.

3DS Name: Imran
    IGN (X): Imran
    IGN (OR): You decide!
    FC: 4356-0251-3424.

Wi-Fi is currently down. Can't trade now, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmn2 View Post

But I've been trying for a shiny Smeargle on Route 7 lately and I have a question - does the flowers' color matter? I think it does and I've been keeping to one color just to be safe, but I'm curious. Also, not gotten the strange souvenir yet but... it is odd that its an item that can be equipped rather than a key item... isn't it? I think it should be looked into. Anyways, I also thank the many posters on here for the tips I've received by reading and hope someone can give me an answer on the Route 7 thing.
    Moving to different colour of flowers won't break your chain if you still meet the same pokemon your chaining.

Here's some additional tips:
    - Twin patches/patches that stick to each other are safe if they are/one of them is the same shaking patch you first chose.
    - 3 shaking patches in a line however are not safe, better not go into any of these patches.
    - Patches at the edge are not really safe. Don't choose it if your chain is high/wide area. In a smaller area, I tend to go to the edge though. Depends on your luck too I guess.
    - Slow shaking patch that you first chose can turn into fast shaking patch eventually, you might want to pay close attention to choose the right patch. I usually reset one or two times to make sure that is the one.
    - Your chain can break w/ no whatsoever reason even if you go into a safe patch. Its in the coding.
    - You don't wanna miss the shiny patch, so always make sure your 3DS volume is turned up so you can at least hear the sparkles tone even if you can't see it, cuz sometimes the shiny patch appears at the very bottom of the area/your screen. Its only one chance in 40 chain.

I just ran away from a shiny Inkay I chained btw. Awesome D:
    Stupid button.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Gosh you guys are patient! I could never sit through more than 20 chains!

Does the Shiny charm affect chaining, btw?
    Pokemon + Parkour = --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4jVfI7zqw

Quote Originally Posted by Thundabolt View Post
    Gosh you guys are patient! I could never sit through more than 20 chains!

Does the Shiny charm affect chaining, btw?
    I was about to ask this...also does it affect Chain fishing as well?
    I have claimed (Rampardos)!
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

Still had no luck with the chain fishing, I must be doing something wrong

It sucks how shiny pokemon that are fished are valued less than REs

OMG I just caught a Shiny Furfrou with the Pokeradar! It was only at a chain of 19 too. Also I have the shiny charm, so... maybe it does affect chaining.
    Pokemon + Parkour = --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4jVfI7zqw

Well, I don't own Shiny Charm and I'm doing fine.

I got two more shinies from chaining (should've 3 if I entered the right shiny patch of Exeggcute, oh well).

Shiny Inkay after 40 and Shiny Scatterbug after 5 chain (did many chains of this before, so early shiny didn't really surprise me).

I'm gonna reclaim the shiny Exeggcute and aim for shiny Goomy next.

Also trading and battling online in the middle of chaining won't break your chain. Same thing w/ opening your bag.
    Hatching an egg will though. Encountering a roaming legendary bird won't break it (happened to me many times).
    You guys might wanna know that.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Just new a question? How much is the value of Shiny Octillery? I think it's virtually worthless, I've been sitting for hours hoping for Regice from the GTS.

I caught 3 other shinies by fishing and the reason why i think they were sold because-

Gyrados- Mega Evolvable
    Clawitzer- Kalos Pokemon
    Poliwhirl- I threw in a free King's Rock
    X Dex: 719/719.
    OR Dex: Starts Jan 2.

3DS Name: Imran
    IGN (X): Imran
    IGN (OR): You decide!
    FC: 4356-0251-3424.

Wi-Fi is currently down. Can't trade now, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by imran3 View Post
    Just new a question? How much is the value of Shiny Octillery? I think it's virtually worthless, I've been sitting for hours hoping for Regice from the GTS.

I caught 3 other shinies by fishing and the reason why i think they were sold because-

Gyrados- Mega Evolvable
    Clawitzer- Kalos Pokemon
    I think it also helps that Clawitzer is a version exclusive. But yeah, fished shinies have been seriously devalued. Anyway, I'm going to hopefully succeed with chaining on land. I haven't had the best of luck with it...
    Army Veteran 2001-05

4828-4813-6430 -- 3DS (Dr. Lu)
    Friend Safari - Dragon (Fraxure, Shelgon, and Sliggoo)

Gen VI shinies caught: 9
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by imran3 View Post

Gyrados- Mega Evolvable
    Clawitzer- Kalos Pokemon
    All fishing shinies are essentially worthless, and Gyarados doubly so because you got a free one in HGSS. Although I put up a shiny Basculin (REALLY worthless) on the GTS for kicks and giggles and asked for Heatran, and I got a shiny Heatran in return, which really blew my mind. So people will still trade for them. Depending on how long ago you put up Octillery, it might have been shuffled to the end of the trade list that people see, so you might want to take it out and put it back in again. That's worked for me when my trades weren't going through. Shiny Octillery for Regice is a very reasonable trade, so I'm sure someone would trade with you eventually.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

So I am not very good at chaining with the Pokéradar and have rotten luck for chain fishing; however, I was wondering if the shiny charm might help me. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I would like to know if the shiny charm affects the odds of shiny Pokémon with the use of the radar or chain fishing. If it does That could prove very useful for people who aren't incredibly lucky or skilled at chaining.
    Safari=Normal

Quote Originally Posted by Rexitron View Post
    So I am not very good at chaining with the Pokéradar and have rotten luck for chain fishing; however, I was wondering if the shiny charm might help me. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I would like to know if the shiny charm affects the odds of shiny Pokémon with the use of the radar or chain fishing. If it does That could prove very useful for people who aren't incredibly lucky or skilled at chaining.
    It does, Shiny Charm affects MM, Chain Fishing, Hordes, Pokeradar, and regular encounters.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

Awesome. That is very helpful to know.
    Safari=Normal

I'm really struggling with the pokeradar, I'm making sure I only choose spots 4 paces away from me. I just can't see where I'm going wrong so can anyone give me any tips.

Quote Originally Posted by 05aleer View Post
    I'm really struggling with the pokeradar, I'm making sure I only choose spots 4 paces away from me. I just can't see where I'm going wrong so can anyone give me any tips.
    You're probably stepping on a different grass, try noticing if it's the same type you want. I've been chaining on route 2 and have easily reached high chains, just going to the 4-away and same type grass.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Not sure if anyone was wondering but, when using the pokeradar, it seems the shiny rate doesn't reset if you defeat one instead of catching it.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

I am horrible at Pokeradar- I can't even get a chain of 5.... I don't do too bad at chain fishing though- I've gotten only two out of it because I almost never us it. staryu and clauncher(clauncher just the other day) i'll just stick to mm/random encounters and sometimes fishing
    All pink shiny team 5/6
    my most recent shiny pokemon:
    my trade shop: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...y-trading-shop

Yesterday i got shiny weepinbell at chain 40, floatzel at 45+, croagunk at 31 and an amazing shiny zoroark *_* ( in winding woods near the giant rock) at chain 2.

Trying inkay/exeggcute right now

I had a quick question about the pokeradar. I'm experienced enough with it to the point that I've gotten 5 shinies with it but I play competitively and so I prefer as high IV's as I can get. I know they cap at 3 perfect IV's after a chain of 60 but my question is, if you catch a shiny at 40, do the IV's reset after that too? like would the Pokemon at chain 41 have no perfect IV's or do the 2 perfect IV's remain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

I dont think that shiny charm affect at pokeradar and fish chaining

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    I had a quick question about the pokeradar. I'm experienced enough with it to the point that I've gotten 5 shinies with it but I play competitively and so I prefer as high IV's as I can get. I know they cap at 3 perfect IV's after a chain of 60 but my question is, if you catch a shiny at 40, do the IV's reset after that too? like would the Pokemon at chain 41 have no perfect IV's or do the 2 perfect IV's remain?
    I'm pretty sure I tested this once and they still have the perfect IVs.

This proves it too: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/68035260

Happy Holidays!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

Any tips on how and where to pokeradar chain on route 3?

Kalos Shinies:

I tried my luck with the chain fishing and got a shiny Alomomola after a chain of 75, and a shiny Clamperl after a chain of 7, which was pretty lucky!
    I wish chain fishing shinies were more valuable too...but I like collecting shinies anyway!!

do I have to find always the same pokemon for the chain not to break?? I don't quite get it. If so I never pass from 4 or 6 encounters

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast