Thread: RMT platinum

Default RMT platinum

hello everyone,

just a quick post to see what you think about my team. I can change everything to my team. Without furder ado:

Mothim@SilverPowder
    Swarm
    Mild (+SpAtt, - Def)
    - Air Slash
    - Bug Buzz
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain/Energy Ball

My bug pokemon, not much to say about

Gengar@Spell Tag
    Levitate
    Modest (+SpAtt, -Att)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dark Pulse
    - Thunderbolt
    - Icy Wind/Giga Drain/Energy Ball

my special attacker. Havent decided on last move yet

Gallade@Expert Belt
    Steadfast
    Adamant (+Att, -SpAtt)
    - Leaf Blade
    - Psycho Cut
    - Brick Break
    - ThunderPunch/Earthquake/Night Slash

I like to use him once, not sure about its moves though, as well as its item

Magmortar@Charcoal
    Flame Body
    Naughty (+Att, -SpDef)
    - Flamethrower
    - Fire Punch
    - ThunderPunch
    - Iron Tail

He just looks awesome, and it is one of the few fire types

PorygonZ@Magnet?
    Download
    Modest (+SpAtt, -Att)
    - Discharge
    - Signal Beam
    - Tri Attack
    - Psybeam/Psychic/Nasty Plot

same as magmortar, use for discharge especially

Quagsire@Mystic Water
    Water Absorb
    Mild (+SpAtt, - Def)
    - Waterfall
    - Surf
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam

Just for coverage

I want my team to be complete before E4, although I have the option to trade. I am also not very keen on using status moves.

Thanks Already
    Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 23rd October 2013 at 5:35 PM.
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

It's surprising to me you're using a Mothim! I've seen few people use it since I've joined and posted here.
    Anyway, Mothim should run Shadow Ball over Psychic, as it grants some synergy alongside Bug Buzz, Air Slash and Giga Drain.

Porygon-Z can run Thunder Bolt, Tri Attack, Ice Beam and Nasty Plot for raw damage. No need for Discharge and Signal Beam; Thunder Bolt has a better BP and Ice Beam hits more type for S-E damage. Nasty Plot boosts Porygon-Z so high that... He'll be the main choice on your team, I'm sure.

Quagsire's Nature is... Odd. In the first place, its ATK stat is way better than his SpAtk. A Brave Nature would be a better option! If you're attempting to breed for a better Nature (Brave) + some breed move, I suggest Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Earthquake and Curse.
    Curse set allows Quagsire to hit hard while maintaining a good defense while setting up. The set already give you plenty of coverage.

I'll give a full rate later. All the best and you have a nice team!

I have Always wanted to use mothim though. although I dont understand why I should run it shadow ball > psychic, because psychic is stronger and I already have a shadow baller.

I think Porygon Z changes are awesome. I should have thought about it myself... Especially like Nasty Plot Ghehehehehe

As for Quagsire, I wanted to give it some more SpAtt, as I wanted to use it as a HM-er for Surf and Waterfall. Also, I wont probably run curse, as I know for myself I will never use it in battle.
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

I have Always wanted to use mothim though. although I dont understand why I should run it shadow ball > psychic, because psychic is stronger and I already have a shadow baller.
    Psychic isn't really something, though I don't think SB would be good, either. You can run Hidden-Power Fire (if you can) instead of Psychic, to take out Steel-Types fast. The reason I suggested SB>Psychic is because I am not such a big fan of Psychic coverage, and considering Bug Buzz does exactly the same thing and better, I thought it would be rather useless on him. But so did Shadow Ball. If you can, run HP-Fire instead, as it grants you the coverage you need against Steel-Types.

As for Quagsire, I wanted to give it some more SpAtt, as I wanted to use it as a HM-er for Surf and Waterfall. Also, I wont probably run curse, as I know for myself I will never use it in battle.
    I see. Then keep on! Just make sure you got good IV's and EV's on SpAtk to make good use of your set.

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Psychic isn't really something, though I don't think SB would be good, either. You can run Hidden-Power Fire (if you can) instead of Psychic, to take out Steel-Types fast. The reason I suggested SB>Psychic is because I am not such a big fan of Psychic coverage, and considering Bug Buzz does exactly the same thing and better, I thought it would be rather useless on him. But so did Shadow Ball. If you can, run HP-Fire instead, as it grants you the coverage you need against Steel-Types.
    I think its current hidden power is bug....
    EDIT: it is fly

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    I see. Then keep on! Just make sure you got good IV's and EV's on SpAtk to make good use of your set.
    you know, I have never used a Quagsire, so every advice makes me happy what about this:

Quagsire@Mystic Water
    Water Absorb
    Brave (+Att, - Spd)
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Slam/Surf

where I teach it surf for in game as far as necesarry and then swap it for Slam

Also, I would like to have some comments on my items; I am not so good at giving the right ones
    Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 25th October 2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: hidden power is fly
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee

can somebody give me some more feedback on my team. I already have caught a modest Gengar and a mild, Mothim. Currently hunting for ralts.
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee

Umm ..... I'm not the best at battling but I just want to help! I think you are quite lacking of a defensive presence, but it's all up to your battling style . I don't really like waterfall on quagsire as its a physical move , which doesn't really suit quagsire. But if it's for in game practicality it's a different thing.

A grass type pokemon to complete the elemental trio, preferably defensive , ah! Tangrowth!

- Tangrowth
    @ leftovers/ big root / wide lens ( for use with sleep powder )
    - leech seed ( longevity , my fave move ^-^ ! )
    - power whip / energy ball ( both are powerful stab , power whip for huge Physical power , energy ball for Special )
    - swords dance ( to be used with power whip)

I can tell you from my own personal experience that swords dance + power whip work great! After using swords dance 3 times ( +6 attack ) power whip will OHKO almost everything in its path ( maybe that was an exaguration for some pokemon ), at least 2 or 3HKO ! You have to be very careful for fast fire types like infernape though, as it can swoop down on tangrowths low sp.def and OHKO it with blast burn. And steelix or other bulky steel types, that can wall tangrowth ( that's why you have Quagsire and Magmortar ready to switch in !) . I hope I helped !
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

Replace the dark pulse on Gengar with Sludge bomb. Dark and ghost moves both have the same weaknesses and resistances, so it's pointless to have both.
    I think Pory would be better off with Thunderbolt rather than Discharge (I'm not aware of any advantage of Discharge other than in 2v2 with a ground-type ally).

Your team would work well in-game, but for competitive battles, think of getting more defensive and set-up pokemon

it is for the in-game yes, competetive it is the worst, I agree
    As for porygon, it has been suggested, just forgot to change it though
    As for tangrowth, why would I need a grass type if I have already a counter against every type?
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee

Since it's in-game, Swalot, certain things may not really be considered, such as threats to your team. Howevee, Tangrowth is not welcome because... Your team has a nice type-synergy already, and I don't see where Tangrowth would help.
    Gallade should have been more worked:

If you want safeness, Drain Punch would be a better alternative over Brick Break, as it recovers his HP and, with his typing, it would be nice for him to have it. A nice set to go along with it is:

~Drain Punch
    ~Bulk Up
    ~Psycho Cut
    ~Night Slash

With this set, Gallade will be able to set up and recover its HP with Drain Punch. Bulk Up raises both his Atk and Def to high levels, and not I have not mentioned his SpDef which is high. However, is this set good? It depends. It does have perfect coverage (unresisted damage) and deal a good amount of damage, plus, after you've set up with Bulk Up, it's nearly impossible that some random pokemon will defeat you.
    It's item can either be Leftovers or Life Orb, Leftovers is recommend because of Bulk Up, though Life Orb provides some power so you can dish out some damage and its drawbacks is nerfed by Drain Punch. Your choice.

I don't know if anyone reads this, but I am currently thinking of changing my Quagsire for either a Rhyperior, Gliscor or Garchomp. They all sound amazing to me, so I want to hear your opinions please!
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee