Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Battle of Aerial Mobility! (806)

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    They said they've arrived in Kalos and are gonna catch lots of Pokemon. So - Giovanni going "Huh, I wonder who they were" pretty much the same as past sagas or DP at least. Yeaah I doubt we'll be seeing more of Giovanni in XY lol
    Did Giovanni actually say that!? he just spoke to them right before they left!

I hope they won't nerf of TR like they did in Unova, they're too hilarious to be all professional and stuff.
    And Jessie gettin Pancham-speculation? Imo, she should just get Phantump or something

So uninterested Froakie is gonna be the thing I guess... it's kinda funny actually.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The episode was very good actually. Some highlights on the characters:
    - Serena choosing the opposite hat of what her mother suggested (haha she seems sassy :P)
    - Clemont's invention attracting the Beedrill then blowing up
    - How Bonnie is compassionate towards the little Dedenne
    - How Ash turned his hat around when he threw the pokeball at Fletchling
    - When Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie decided to travel together and shook hands on it (LOVE this part)
    Last edited by Sephora; 24th October 2013 at 6:11 PM.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Connection View Post
    Did Giovanni actually say that!? he just spoke to them right before they left!
    I very much doubt it to be true, on the basis that Team Rocket Trio were actually happy after talking with the boss.

If you admire someone, and they say "Who are you?" you don't just start celebrating and dancing after talking with them. Okay judging by the pictures they weren't exactly celebrating and dancing, but they didn't act as if Giovanni snubbed them.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

No I meant that it was similar to DP except this time Giovanni DIDN'T say anything like that. So it's like, he isn't gonna be doing anything for them but he did give them his blessing. And so they were happy in that scene.

EDIT: Wow just noticed I missed like several words from that sentence in the original post, wtf, no wonder you were confused. Sorry. xD
    Last edited by Rohanator; 24th October 2013 at 6:11 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Aww...Froakie defending Bonnie's honor was so damn sweet <3!!!

So Fletchling knows:

Peck
    Double Team
    Air Cutter??

So is Air Cutter an egg move??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post

So Fletchling knows:

Peck
    Double Team
    Air Cutter??

So is Air Cutter an egg move??
    That's what confused me as well. I guess the writers wanted to give Fletchling a special attack-type of move lol but seeing as it knows Double Team, I can assume this Fletchling was trained somehow. Idk lol
    ~ Pokémon XY ~

Let the amazing adventures begin!
    ♪ On a side note, I'm a big fan of SatoxSere Shipping. They look so perfect together! ♫

It could also be Razor Wind, which is a level up move.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Pretty good episode. I'm really looking forward to seeing Froakie in battles from here on and out. Seems to have the making of the next Sceptile/Infernape. Not sure why the Pokedex was so frickin high-pitched though...it was pretty jarring. As for Serena, she really wants to find Ash it seems.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Really liked this episode a lot.

I didn't find anything wrong with it, except how hilarious the Pokedex sounded, I honestly don't know how anyone can hear anything the Pokedex said, it was just gibberish outside of the Pokemon's name (to me anyway)

I'm sure someone can understand the Pokedex.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Bonnie is continually adorable, and I'm loving Froakie (that little exhausted five he gave Pikachu was cute). The part with the Beedrill chasing has been done before..but I liked how it was caused here. Looking forward to see what other stuff Clemont comes up with. Not much to say about Serena besides what's already been said, we know she's gonna chose Fennekin. Hopefully it has a stand out personality.

Another solid episode. Bonnie and Dedenne made this episode near perfect. I loved when Dedenne appeared from the grass in front of Clemont and Bonnie. You think it's some big predator but it's just little Dedenne. That thing did not let it's small size stop it from letting the main cast know not to mess with it. It challenged them and I loved that in Dedenne. I can't wait to see more Bonnie and Dedenne. Bonnie in general is still enjoyable. Besides the Dedenne I really liked when she wanted to be part of the Ash/Clemont hand shake. No bromance while Bonnie's around.

Froakie continues to be a noble and great Pokemon. I really enjoyed it as usual. Serena does her usual B side story of being behind on the action but I enjoyed her asking for her mom's opinion on which hat to wear and pick the opposite, who cares what mommy thinks? I really hope she keeps that up when she joins the main cast. She can ask for Clemont's opinion on what to wear and do the opposite. Would be a amusing quirk for her. Didn't really pay much attention to TR's plot but they got Inkay. I say they because Team Rocket usually share Pokemon and count as one as far as I'm concerned. Fletchling was...like any other regional bird, but I like the species anyway. Good episode, can't wait for next weeks for more Bonnie/Dedenne and Fennekin/Chespin.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Here's a little nitpick I found while watching the episode again. It's weird how Ash turned his cap around when he was catching Fletchling and then it goes back to normal instantly just as the camera, facing towards Fletchling being caught, turns towards Ash and the group lol
    ~ Pokémon XY ~

♪ On a side note, I'm a big fan of SatoxSere Shipping. They look so perfect together! ♫

I like that they aren't trying to rush to get everything set up, there's quite a few plot threads going on and I think the writers are wise in dealing with only a little bit at a time.

Froakie's characterization in this episode was good, it seems to have a strong personal sense of justice that often puts it at odds with its trainer. I look forward to seeing Ash and Froakie's relationship develop and possibly be challenged down the line.

I wasn't a big fan of Clemont just pulling a science-y gizmo out of nowhere but the fact that it blew up in his face was a nice subversion of that deus ex machina trope. I hope we don't see too much of Clemont solving problems with random gadgets but it does seem like he has a lot to learn, which is one of things I really like about him.

James catching Inkay was one of the moments that makes me think that if James committed himself he could be a decent trainer. While Jesse is always putting herself out there and failing, I always feel like James is holding something back.

Good early episode to get things moving.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

I actually lost interest in this episode halfway through; it was just such a standard capture episode. I did like seeing Serena throughout the episode though; she looked so pretty at the start and seeing her at Sycamore's lab ready to get her first Pokemon was exciting. I also liked Team Rocket receiving orders from Giovanni and Inkay eating a croissant under the table (I get it, Kalos is like France). Basically all the Lumiose City moments were interesting because of the setting, but once Ash and the others arrived at the forest outside the city, things got too boring and cliche for me. Dedenne being cute, Bonnie being cute, everyone being cute. It got tiring after a few minutes. But I loved that Clemont pulled out a gramophone to lure the Fletchling; that was ingenious and interesting. Too bad that the Beedrill and fuzzy hair gags were used again; those got old years ago. The actual Fletchling vs. Froakie match was predictable, but I'm glad Froakie was tired afterwards; I guess he isn't a powerhouse quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I'm a little surprised they chose wigglytuff. I would have thought that since they can go back to using any old pokemon and not restricted like bw, they would have just went with chancey. Also the wigglytuff definitely is huge. Just compare it to any seen in an episode before.

Yea, here
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...go/071/I73.jpg
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/806/DP53.jpg
    Wow, I knew something was off, but jeez! It probably is because Wigglytuff is a Fairy-type this generation. Getting it in the PokeCenter is just extra Fairy-Marketing. To be honest, that old still makes Wigglytuff look more Fairy'ish the todays version, which looks like it should be in the Monster Egg-group! o,0

They are sticking to the Kalos Dexes, not every old pokemon is likely to appear. I'm pretty sure that we will not see Rattata for instance..

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    My god that Wigglytuff, are we sure its not a Chansey in coplay? Why's it so big, and why's its ears so small? Oh well its a nice surprise! I thought they would have kept Audino however since its in the Kalos Dex, which they seem to be sticking with in terms of Pokemon this gen... sans Meowth/Persian for obvious reasons. Therefore looks like Zigzagoon and Marill might be the new Patrat and Deerling (with the former still having the chance to return).

Anyways, pictures and comment run through make this seem like a great episode. Happy Ash caught Fletchling, shame about is movepool however once it evolves it should get some interesting new replacements. Also like tat James caught Ikay, although its capture was very similar to Yamask.
    It made me think of Yamask for sure. Though Yamask may have debuted an episode before its capture, and would've likely been far less random then an Inkay stealing food from random strangers, trailing the randomly, and then getting caught randomly. Not to be unfair, but this has been one of those captures that made me go 'mčh'. I expected a bit more.

Also, Deerling has been fully been replaced by Gogoat/Skiddo. Part of the reason why Ash getting one would be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It appears there are some mistranslations floating around again. Make sure not to wildly trust anything you find on the internet passing itself off as a translation for your understanding of the dialogue.
    I think this should mostly apply to what Giovanni was telling the trio, right? Also, I was wondering about the moveset for Fletchling, is Air Cutter, Double Team, Peck confirmed? I've got no way of checking the egg moves yet, but I doubt that the names have been called out in the animé, so are those guesstimates? I know Peck and Double team are easy to recognize, but Air Cutter is a mixed bag, it could be a writer's mistake and be Gust like Joe penned down.

Either way, looking forward to seeing how Fletchling ends up. Definitely a ton of potential there.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I know, right? it was very cute! And I love how Froakie blushed when Bonnie hugged him, aww.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    it could be a writer's mistake and be Gust like Joe penned down.
    Or it could be something it can learn naturally called Razor Wind (I still wonder why this isn't a flying type move)

Seeing Wigglytuff as Nurse Joy's assistant left a sour taste in my mouth. The Pokemon just isn't cute or motherly like Chansey or Audino imo. When I think of Wigglytuff I think of Harley's and it makes the whole species seem sinister. I always found Wigglytuff to be more creepy than cute anyway so this will take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Seeing Wigglytuff as Nurse Joy's assistant left a sour taste in my mouth. The Pokemon just isn't cute or motherly like Chansey or Audino imo. When I think of Wigglytuff I think of Harley's and it makes the whole species seem sinister. I always found Wigglytuff to be more creepy than cute anyway so this will take some getting used to.
    I don't know, I liked Wigglytuff being here and it was cute enough.

I guess I liked it because it was such an odd different choice, than normal.

watching the battle, Froakie definitely reminds me of Treecko with how it's able to make good use of terrain.

Seems to me like Froakie's a pokemon who goes in guns blazing from the get go, but it empties it's tank too quickly and as a result gets tired, but I gotta admit it's got a nice personality of not taking crud from bullies.

Also, does Ash's cap have an auto flip feature, he turns it while slamming fletchling with the pokeball (thankfully not causing brain damage like with Starly) but then next scene it's back forward.

The first minutes of this episode were so beautiful. Everything went smooth and I love that the basis of Clemont joining Ash is being they feel inspired. I’m also very excited about Serena. Her sassy attitude towards her mom is very fun to watch. I hope she keeps this spunk, not just with her, but with everyone. Every character feels well defined.

I don’t want to talk about the Pokedex’s voice because that’s the funniest **** I’ve seen on this show. It’s just such a stupid voice.

I love Fletchling. His attitude in this episode was golden. It showed no remorse, which is something I like seeing in a pokemon, plus the bit when it laughed at the gang after the explosion was great.

I like Dedenne too. Cutest rodent so far. I didn’t expect it to be so small, and Fletchling too. It’s the smallest bird I’ve seen.

Overall it was a good episode. I just didn’t care about Team Rocket, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    watching the battle, Froakie definitely reminds me of Treecko with how it's able to make good use of terrain.

Seems to me like Froakie's a pokemon who goes in guns blazing from the get go, but it empties it's tank too quickly and as a result gets tired, but I gotta admit it's got a nice personality of not taking crud from bullies.

Also, does Ash's cap have an auto flip feature, he turns it while slamming fletchling with the pokeball (thankfully not causing brain damage like with Starly) but then next scene it's back forward.
    Lol that's what I thought too! I was like, "Wut? how'd that happen?". But I didn't notice it at first until I watched the episode a second time with subs so I don't think it'll be a noticeable error.
    ~ Pokémon XY ~

This episode was even better than I thought it would be.

The first scene with Serena was kinda charming. By the way she talked to her mother, I can clearly sense her being the complete opposite of her mother. I like this conflicting side where Serena seems to oppose her mother all the time.

The parts where the gang is together in Lumiose are really touching. Clemont comments how brave Ash was during the previous crisis and Bonnie cheerfully asks to hurry to get to the Pokémon Center so Ash can register in the Kalos League. Before departing, where Ash thought it would be time to say good bye to Clemont and Bonnie, the siblings tell Ash how they are impressed by him and how they want to follow him throughout his journey. He accepts, and they all head to Route 4 as a small, lovely group. That was actually very nice to see.

Back to the beautiful Serena, she pets Rhyhorn and is about to go to Sycamore's laboratory. Her mother asks if she decided which Pokémon she was going to choose, and she, surprisingly, answers yes (I was stunned, since I got used to Dawn's undecided choice back in Twinleaf Town). But when her mom asks which, she tells her it's a secret. I think it was a nice way to start her journey!

The meeting with Dedenne was to me very cute. I've never seen Bonnie with such heart for a Pokémon. I was dying of cuteness. But then the rude Fletchling appears, and breaks all that cuteness. Good way to show Fletchling's wild attitude! Dedenne goes, crying, and Bonnie is really sad. She even starts to cry a little bit and Froakie notices that, giving him a brave battle spirit! Froakie is a very caring Pokémon, wow! Not to mention that quick battle between Fletchling and Froakie was awesome. The only down I have with this episode is the Beedrill chase (the boring classic) and Clemont's invention, which seemed useless...

Going back to Team Rocket, where James catches Inkay. So sweet, I was hoping him to get it! And he seemed so happy about it, too (laughed a little when I saw Jessie, Meowth and Wobbuffet taking it as a mistake, eheh).

The "rematch" between Fletchling and Froakie in the rocky area was the best battle I've seen in a long time, in all honesty. Wow, that battle was one of a kind. Using the field as its own advantage, Froakie's speed and its foam as a decoy... everything! A lot of action, too! Yes, Ash definitely sharpen his skills with this battle! And then, to add some mystery to the episode, Dedenne is watching the group as they continue on the road...

Finally, when Serena arrives at Sycamore's laboratory, she questions the professor about Ash, and I can confirm she gets all the information she needs here; when Sycamore tells her "Ash", she confirms her uncertainty about Ash being that "boy from the past" (she technically knew his name, just wanted the confirmation so she can chase the right boy) and Sycamore also tells her they are heading to Santalune, which is probably where she plans to go next. Sycamore asks her if she decided which starter she wants to choose, she answers again yes, and then the 3 of them appear, as joyfull as ever, waiting to see which of them is going to take off with that gorgeous young lady...

Overall, amazing episode. Giving it the note 9,5/10! Very neat way to start off the new journey!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 4th November 2013 at 11:46 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast